Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Very powerful androgynous style alert! (warning: only 16 pages so far)

I really love this artist's artstyle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Assume you probably already seen it before but going to use this as an excuse their one shot with a bartender again cause it's a goodie

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

Assume you probably already seen it before but going to use this as an excuse their one shot with a bartender again cause it's a goodie

Yessss, didn't remember it was the same artist though

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

Still exactly as good as the first time I read it.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Insurrectionist posted:

Very powerful androgynous style alert! (warning: only 16 pages so far)

I really love this artist's artstyle

this rules, I remember seeing this when it was just disconnected art pieces on twitter, not a comic. Loving seeing these two get a proper story behind em, hope we get a lot more of this.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
What always gets me about her style is the amount of depth to it, put on ya 3d glasses

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's :nws: and borderline for me with the costumes, but Our First Night isn't the worst thing I've read by far.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I Am Fowl posted:

Beauty & Beast Girl finished. Have tissues ready.

!!! I read the first few chapters a while ago because I thought it was already finished and then found out it wasn't and put it down to wait for it to be done

But it was one of the top entries on my "read when finished" list, need to read that today I think

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Finally... another chapter of my favorite couple in Da School Zone

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

yes....Yes!!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I’m glad the zone is back.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Time to sing about umbrellas?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Hey folks! I work at a Barnes and Noble and I’ve been kind of put in charge of doing endcaps for our manga section. I want to do an lgbt endcap for Pride but I realize my knowledge of gay manga isn’t super deep, so I thought I’d ask for suggestions for stuff to order.

The works need to be physically available in English and something that you’d be comfortable showing the cover of. For example I love My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness, but it’s got a naked lady on the cover so I’d rather not face it out.

So far my list of things to display in manga is:
Boys Run the Riot
Given
Bloom Into You
The Bride Was A Boy
My Brother’s Husband
Catch These Hands
Even Though We’re Adults
School Zone Girls

And for light novels I’m thinking
Heaven’s Official Blessing
I’m In Love With the Villainess
Adachi and Shimamura

I looked into Banana Fish and Otherside Picnic but they aren’t available to order at the moment.

Any suggestions? Am I missing anything big? What would you like to see at the store? Thanks!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
how do we relationship
still sick

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Our dreams at dusk

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

tokin opposition posted:

Our dreams at dusk

Oh I was thinking of that one but couldn't remember the localized name, I second

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I really liked Love Me for Who I Am.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I really liked Love Me for Who I Am.

Yeah that's a good one.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Haven't read all of it, but Kaze-san and the sequel, maybe?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

thetoughestbean posted:

Hey folks! I work at a Barnes and Noble and I’ve been kind of put in charge of doing endcaps for our manga section. I want to do an lgbt endcap for Pride but I realize my knowledge of gay manga isn’t super deep, so I thought I’d ask for suggestions for stuff to order.

The works need to be physically available in English and something that you’d be comfortable showing the cover of. For example I love My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness, but it’s got a naked lady on the cover so I’d rather not face it out.

Boys Run the Riot
Given
Bloom Into You
The Bride Was A Boy
My Brother’s Husband
Catch These Hands
Even Though We’re Adults
School Zone Girls

Adachi and Shimamura

I looked into Banana Fish and Otherside Picnic but they aren’t available to order at the moment.

Any suggestions? Am I missing anything big? What would you like to see at the store? Thanks!

I like "Doughnuts Under a Crescent Moon", which has the benefit of just a really, really high quality physical print.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

Octave
Lily Marble
The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This

Also Yokohama Shopping Log, which you're going to be publishing soon - and which isn't available in Europe (much to my frustration).

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 15, 2022

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

SexyBlindfold posted:

Haven't read all of it, but Kaze-san and the sequel, maybe?

Kase-san & is also good yeah

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I just shortlisted Love Me For Who I Am based on a friend’s recommendation and we already have How Do We Relationship in the store.

I’ll look into the rest, thanks!

Update: I shortlisted Our Dreams At Dusk, but Doughnuts Under a Crescent Moon volume 1 wasn’t available to order.

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 15, 2022

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I'll second Octave too, forgot that one was localized

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Try My Brother's Husband

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

tokin opposition posted:

Try My Brother's Husband

That one’s already on the list!

I’ll look into Octave, I think we might have that in the store?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Snooze Cruise posted:

I'll second Octave too, forgot that one was localized

Wait, it is? I can only find official translations in Spanish.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Thuryl posted:

Oh! You're right! I remember seeing it on amazon so but it musta been the Spanish edition, when the other poster mentioned it I assume it was english

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Yeah, I shortlisted a volume of Kase-san but no amount of searching could find Octave

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

thetoughestbean posted:

Boys Run the Riot
Given
Bloom Into You
The Bride Was A Boy
My Brother’s Husband
Catch These Hands
Even Though We’re Adults
School Zone Girls

Adachi and Shimamura

I really enjoyed I Think Our Son is Gay!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

FewtureMD posted:

I really enjoyed I Think Our Son is Gay!

I knew I was forgetting something. We absolutely have that at the store so I won’t need to order, thankfully

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Thuryl posted:

Snooze Cruise posted:

Oh! You're right! I remember seeing it on amazon so but it musta been the Spanish edition, when the other poster mentioned it I assume it was english
Well, poo poo. I thought it was published in English in paperback form.
Sorry for misleading everyone, I just wanted some more stories about adult women. :(

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Double-post, but this Fly By is worth it.

Also, there was an extra omake released with an :nws: credits page about Haruka and Yuu moving in together during college.

I Want To Stare is a definite :mood:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Alright I set my Pride endcap up. I’m not super satisfied, a lot of the titles I ordered haven’t shown up yet and a lot of the stuff that we had on the shelves that I planned to use (Boys Run the Riot, Bloom Into You, Failed Princess) all had their first volume sell out within the last week. Mostly I’m worried that that we won’t be able to fill any empty slots with titles the booksellers can comfortably vouch for

But anyways, here’s what I have

The titles are, starting at the top left and moving right:
Top row: My Brother’s Husband, Catch These Hands, Our Dreams at Dusk
Second row: Given, School Zone Girls, Even Though We’re Adults
Third row: The Bride Was a Boy, Sweet Blue Flowers, and Would You Like to Start a Family
Bottom Row (all lns): Adachi and Shimumura, I’m In Love With the Villainess, The Scum Villain’s Self Saving System

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
lmao i have fully half of those on my bookshelf

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

That's a drat good stack of manga. A+

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

our date that one night
Ohsawa Yayoi (2DK, Hello Melancholic) once again delivers.
Annoying women! Stars! OLs! What more can you want?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

REJOICE!
The greatest work of our times, Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki has updated!
my landlord can't be this cute!!!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

our date that one night
Ohsawa Yayoi (2DK, Hello Melancholic) once again delivers.
Annoying women! Stars! OLs! What more can you want?

Theres also a new 2DK oneshot. That’s also a sequel I guess? Not sure whether the comic has been finished and translation is pretty behind or if they just wanted to write a short story from a bit ahead of where the mangas at.

Either way I enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Theres also a new 2DK oneshot. That’s also a sequel I guess? Not sure whether the comic has been finished and translation is pretty behind or if they just wanted to write a short story from a bit ahead of where the mangas at.

Either way I enjoyed it.

2dk is complete yea, has been for years.