Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

CJ posted:

I can’t say I care about some people saving 2-50 mil on a house, but I also recognise I’m in a position that I was given a free medium before Endwalker, and access to ~15 houses worth of submarines so Gil is effectively meaningless to me.

I can understand that for someone who that is a lot of money for they might be a bit cheesed off, but I don’t really think there is a better alternative.

Lol are you seriosuly saying you own 16 houses in here

Or wait, you just happen to know 15 legitimate FCs who don't touch their submarines at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Xun posted:

Or wait, you just happen to know 15 legitimate FCs who don't touch their submarines at all

Either way :guillotine:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Xun posted:

I only own my personal. The FCs are owned by my friend by i have access to them to help manage the submarines.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The economics of subs never really made sense to me, assuming the exchange rate is still 1 million gil to 1 dollar or so. Managing them is pretty time consuming even setting aside the months of setup. I guess that may be a first world centric perspective though

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

CJ posted:

I only own my personal. The FCs are owned by my friend by i have access to them to help manage the submarines.

I'm totally sure youre friend is extremely real and very nice to pay 2 subs so you can make money

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I mean he primarily has them to make gil for himself, it's just that when you reach a certain point gil doesn't have much use so he's more than happy to share the profits to help manage them. For context the most low effort way is to just send them out to collect vendor trash which you can vendor for on average ~12 million gil per day. It just gets kind of annoying to do it across 15 characters.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I guess napkin math suggests that does net him north of 4 grand a year worth of gil in semi perpetuity. But I'm not surprised he burned out, spending that much time every day logging in and out would drive me insane

aers
Feb 15, 2012

It's amazing they haven't done anything to curtail how many billions of gil subs are adding to the economy a month, but at the same time consumable prices aren't hyper inflating so I guess it doesn't matter that much?

KoB
May 1, 2009
my small FC has two airships/two subs. should we just do all subs? Ive never kept up with all this workshop stuff.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

KoB posted:

my small FC has two airships/two subs. should we just do all subs? Ive never kept up with all this workshop stuff.

From my understanding subs were introduced later and just make more and get the new stuff. You might be able to get some rare stuff with airships but since you can have 4 subs and you can only send out 4 vehicles at once there's very little reason not to just do subs.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'll rent my house out as a timeshare for 5 million gold a month.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Leal posted:

I'll rent my house out as a timeshare for 5 million gold a month.

Same but you can't touch any of my moogles

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

had some chicken dinner tonight and it was delicious

comin' for you next dracula you big fuckin' nerd

Oneiros fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 14, 2022

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i had never actually set foot in the Goblet until like 2 weeks ago

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Goblet is a dumb ward because the houses that overlook the central waterpark are great and all the rest are garbage.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Failboattootoot posted:

Goblet is a dumb ward because the houses that overlook the central waterpark are great and all the rest are garbage.

sounds true to ul'dah spirit then it's still my favorite design wise cause i love desert-y scrubland

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Failboattootoot posted:

I dunno I kinda like some of the houses out on the edge that get big unimpeded views of the vast canyons.

I'm weird and just really love desert and canyon scenery though so I can see how that view would be boring to most other people. :v:

shoc77
Apr 21, 2015
Yeah, my house at plot 28 (Goblet) is one of those facing the canyons and it's actually quite a nice view once you get used to it.

Though people seem to like to joke that its location is an afterthought as the devs had to fulfil the 30 plots per district quota and they had to dump it in some corner.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I dunno I kinda like some of the houses out on the edge that get big unimpeded views of the vast canyons.

I'm weird and just really love desert and canyon scenery though so I can see how that view would be boring to most other people. :v:

Hell yeah

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
I'm trying out the Masked Carnivale achievements for Perfecting the three bosses, and this is actually a ton of fun. Like, I've always enjoyed Blue Mage despite all the naysayers, and having a set of achievements that are purely "Solve -> Execute" on a single short duty each just feels really nice to work on.

Side note, even if it was pretty obvious, figuring out who the Boss of the 60-70 BLU Questline was, well before the game spelled it out for me, just tickled me pink. Golden Goliath being a Mimic is a little on the nose, but still.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Personally I don't really like the nature of "do something *exactly* this way" that a lot of the carnivale fights ended up being, but the final bosses are at least some amount of real dodging and such. I probably won't get those super special achievements, but I'm glad they're out there. Love playing BLU though, cannot wait for its EW update.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Oxyclean posted:

e: By all means I can agree this is probably the easiest and best solution, but I don't think it's hard to understand why it feels like it's sour grapes to everyone who didn't win or participate.

Sour grapes? Who is pretending they didn’t want it anyway because they lost?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
People being upset about missing out on something is like a 360 degree turn away from sour grapes.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Still have no idea if the people upset are completely misunderstanding what actually happened with the housing or what. You had a 0% chance of getting a free house because you already lost the lottery before this crap even happened.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

I'm not only poolside but I have one of the windmill waterfalls directly emptying into my backyard :smug:

I've shocked myself by reaching PVP rank 30 and platinum. What the blazes. I doubt I'm gonna play much SGE but both the hellhound and tropaios weapons are great glams.

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 14, 2022

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Currently at 111 games of CC, still stuck in at the bottom of bronze 3. 41 wins. So my win rate is uh... whatever the math on that is but low.

I mostly use dark knight cause I mean, leveling classes with it. The other classes I wanna level right now are BLM and dancer, so DRK seems like the better of the three.

I often survive decently well! Minimal deaths, max time on the crystal, but It never seems to matter. I've never managed to get higher than bronze 2 with 1 star. At this point I have no idea what I can even do to improve, I dunno what I'm doing wrong.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I don’t think stay on the crystal is really useful advice after the first week of the mode. They key to winning is securing kills to get a numbers advantage and then maintain the numbers advantage as people respawn. The crystal getting pushed is a consequence of having more people than them.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
stay on the crystal also conflicts with some of the kits, eg ninja who really wants to be prowling nearby and looking for seiton targets to swing battles instantly. obviously you dont want to end up in a situation where no one is on the crystal and it goes backwards but getting 5 clumps on the crystal is actually both unnecessary and exploitable

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Ledgem posted:

Currently at 111 games of CC, still stuck in at the bottom of bronze 3. 41 wins. So my win rate is uh... whatever the math on that is but low.

I mostly use dark knight cause I mean, leveling classes with it. The other classes I wanna level right now are BLM and dancer, so DRK seems like the better of the three.

I often survive decently well! Minimal deaths, max time on the crystal, but It never seems to matter. I've never managed to get higher than bronze 2 with 1 star. At this point I have no idea what I can even do to improve, I dunno what I'm doing wrong.

Make sure you know what all your skills do. Dark Knight is pretty beastly with the buff to Shadowbringer and TBN they got. Hit TBN on yourself or others as much as you can, position yourself in fight so that Shadowbringer and Quietus will hit as many enemies as possible when you cast them. Use Plunge as much as possible, the self-heal from Sole Survivor on kills is critical to your survival and the debuff it puts on enemies is also extremely helpful. Try your absolute damnedest to take fights in your Salted Earth when you cast it. Don't be afraid to spend your MP on Recuperate in order to get more Shadowbringer casts out in a fight, especially if you can hit a lot of targets. Always have an escape plan for when you run out of MP - know where the health kits are and escape towards them, cover your escape with a defensive CD and Sprint.

Remember that Sprint is permanent in PvP, and only wears off when you use other actions, so even if you're being attacked you can still use it as an escape tool. Your MP is really goddamn important. If Guard and Purify are on cooldown and you have no MP, retreat immediately and Elixir, even if you're still good on HP. Remember that you can intentionally hurt yourself with Shadowbringer to deny healthkits to the enemy team - pushing through and stealing their side's close-to-mid health kit at the start of the initial teamfight is a very strong play. Try to have Quietus ready or almost ready when you pop your limit break so you can easily heal yourself back to full in the midst of a teamfight with it.

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 14, 2022

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Professor Beetus posted:

People being upset about missing out on something is like a 360 degree turn away from sour grapes.

You’re killing me.

If I actually won I’ll donate the gil just to blow minds.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Speaking of: how should I be playing NIN in CC? I only just unlocked it, and kinda got overwhelmed with all of the different alternate buttons from ninjutsu

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Also I know it's basic as poo poo but I just love the way our house turned out

Regalingualius posted:

Speaking of: how should I be playing NIN in CC? I only just unlocked it, and kinda got overwhelmed with all of the different alternate buttons from ninjutsu

Goka Mekkyaku does an absurd amount of damage. Try to open team fights with it and then pick a victim to Bunshin > Assassinate > Mug > Hyosho Ranryu > Fuma spam into oblivion. Fuma Shurikens do more damage than your melee combo so always take advantage of them.

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 14, 2022

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
ninja is focused on being an awesome harasser with good cc, very easy disengages, and good damage (though on a long cd due to the way ninjutsu works). you wanna contribute damage with stuff like gokka and hyosho, use fumas to harass, shukuchi to disengage or for the assassinate for extra burst. ideally you burst someone down to low enough for seiton to be an instakill and/or have team members coordinated enough to do that for you. seiton essentially gives you the power to solo enemy teams with proper setup and is a great way to completely turn matches on their head.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/IncorrectFFQTS/status/1525574499000803333?t=IiTxWjdCxJbfdwls5kucsQ&s=19
(It might be hard to see, but there's something extra in that image.)

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
hosed up that the Goblet is a housing district instead of a tiny goblin.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Subjunctive posted:

You’re killing me.

If I actually won I’ll donate the gil just to blow minds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g751-jjKXC0&t=54s

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Did someone say "house"?

The basement is pretty boring.

Aha!

The gimmick so nice I did it twice!

Upstairs is a bit more calm.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

What's this painting on the left? I think I need this one over the desk in my apartment.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Onean posted:

https://twitter.com/IncorrectFFQTS/status/1525574499000803333?t=IiTxWjdCxJbfdwls5kucsQ&s=19
(It might be hard to see, but there's something extra in that image.)

It's always a penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Antivehicular posted:

What's this painting on the left? I think I need this one over the desk in my apartment.

It's a former Rising event reward. Five bucks for the cash shop version. https://store.finalfantasyxiv.com/ffxivstore/en-us/product/794