Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Barudak posted:

You know, I didn't care what side of the table couples sat on before but now, with this new information, nothing has changed except Im confused why someone does.

It's a lot easier to have a conversation when you're side by side in a booth or on adjacent sides at a square table, especially if the restaurant is louder. I didn't realize I was a monster :ohdear:

edited for snipe: AITA For refusing to share my 4 seat table with 2 complete strangers at a restaurant?

quote:

So I was recently having lunch with a friend and we had decided to try a restaurant that neither of us had been to. We had reserved a table but when we arrived, the waitress took us to a 4 person table. I told her that we only had made a reservation for 2 people, she said that this was the only table that they had available for us.

The table was a small rectangular table, with 2 chairs on each of the longer sides, with one of the shorter sides against a wall. We sat facing one another, leaving an empty chair next to us on either side.

Anyway, about half way into our meal, the waitress comes up to us with 2 other people behind her and asks us if we wouldn’t mind sharing our table with these 2 other people.

At first I was a bit taken aback, and really felt obliged to say ‘yes’ because she was standing there with these 2 other customers. But my thinking was that we had made a reservation, we hadn’t been told that this table would require us to share, we were already into our meals and no effort was made to discreetly inform us of this request or explain the situation. So I said (as politely as possible) that we were in the middle of our meal and would prefer not to share the table. I know this was taking a stand, but my view was that she had made no effort to be fair to us in this situation so why should I bend over backwards and ruin our meal by sharing a small 4 person table with 2 other strangers.

The waitress looked at me as if I had been incredibly rude and then proceeded to apologise to the other 2 people right in front of me saying something like: ‘I’m so sorry but unfortunately they are unwilling to share their table we will have to find another place for you. I’m so sorry for the inconvenience’ (this was despite the fact that they had clearly heard me and were a little uncomfortable with the situation themselves).

After this whole debacle, we were treated quite poorly by the waitress (she didn’t top up the water, took a long time getting the cheque etc).

Afterwards my friend told me that I should have just agreed to share the table and shouldn’t have been so un-accommodating. But the way I see it, we should not have been put in this position by the waitress. If they had a policy of sharing tables (regardless of whether or not someone has made a reservation), then we should have been warned before we sat down.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for pushing back on the waitress’ request and refusing to share our table?

TLDR We had a reservation for 2 people at a restaurant, but were sat at a small 4 person table when we arrived. Half way through our meal, a waitress interrupted our meal (with 2 other customers) and asked us if we could share our table - without any explanation as to why we were being asked. I politely said that we were half way through our meal and would prefer not to share. This was not taken well by the waitress and we were treated rather coldly after this encounter.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I don't eat out much due to the Pentatonicks, but if I specifically reserved a table I'd rather not share it with strangers. Is that crazy? I don't know.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It sucks, I know there are places that specifically have more communal seating for whatever reason but I'd be pretty put off if the waitstaff put me on the spot like that at a regular place.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's a lot easier to have a conversation when you're side by side in a booth or on adjacent sides at a square table, especially if the restaurant is louder. I didn't realize I was a monster :ohdear:

edited for snipe: AITA For refusing to share my 4 seat table with 2 complete strangers at a restaurant?

did you get lunch at the circus, 'cuz this is a fuckin' clownshow

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

value-brand cereal posted:

I don't eat out much due to the Pentatonicks

What the gently caress is this?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

AKA Pseudonym posted:

AITA for judging a couple who came into the restaurant I work in???

Omfg, every server at that place (or I honestly think she is exaggerating and it's just her) needs to get hosed in the rear end.

I bet she use to do it with the love of her life before he dumbed her rear end and that's why she cares so much.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What the gently caress is this?

/r/AITA has a very dumb no covid question rule.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not giving my bio parents a real chance to make things right

Assuming the Supreme Court goes ahead with their bullshit, I foresee a ton of these posts in the next 15 years or so.
this actually got an update and it's way better than I would have expected.

quote:

Ok so I got a lot of love on my last post and some criticism. Overall I took a lot from it but I’m learning to be a better person.

So as per my update I did meet with them again with my adopted mom. This meeting went VERY differently. So this meeting they wanted to hear about my experiences in group homes. I talked about it and I got a little emotional. That was one of the few times in my life I shared what happened and it was tough. So I told my stories and my bio mom again got teared up. So they told me how they never intended for me to be put in that situation when they had someone adopt me.

They explained more about my adoption process and I was more understanding of their reasons. My bio parents deeply apologized and told me they didn’t know that my life turned out that way. Things started lightening up and I started telling them more about my current life. I told them about my college years and some of my accomplishments. Me and my mom told a few funny stories about me and it was nice I had a good time. I think having a middle man (my mom) was helpful

So onto the part a lot of people were wondering about. A lot of people were wondering why they reached out now and we talked about it. So there are two reasons

They want to have my name included in my grandpa’s will. Im their first grandchild among 6 children so they did want to leave something significant. I don’t know how to feel about it especially considering I don’t know them at all. Money is money but it feels weird accepting it from them. Also feels weird that everyone else in their family knows I exist and never reached out. The other reason being that they told my brother about me. He’s been pushing to contact me and meet me. I told them I’m not yet sure about meeting him but it’s definitely a possibility.

Here’s another interesting outcome though I learned I’m mostly Greek and have a lot of relatives in Greece. My parents offered to set me up a trip to Greece to explore and meet family. I’ll probably decline for other reasons but that’s besides the point. My adopted parents are Italian so it’s cool knowing where I’m really from.

Overall letting them speak and really explain themselves helped things. I think they did have good intentions by reaching out and idk if I wanna have a relationship but I’m at peace with everything.

A lot of people suggested therapy and I will be attending therapy starting two weeks from now. I think I’ve tried for too long to just handle things on my own and Im hoping I change some things about myself.

So yeah things changed and I appreciate the advice.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I've seen this done on rare occasions with walk-ins (even then usually with people coming in by themselves) but I'd be pretty miffed if this happened after I'd made a reservation. But I'm amused that person felt the need to explain the concept of a table with seating for four.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
AITA for telling my sister she was going to turn into a blobfish?

quote:

I (15m) took my little sister (7f) to the park yesterday. Long story short, she didn't want to go home when it was getting dark. I tried bribing and begging, but that didn't work. So, naturally, I stole a trick from my older brother. I told her, "Fine. You can stay, but I'm going home. I have to warn ya though, if you stay out alone, you'll get kidnapped, sold to a lab, and the scientists will turn you into a blobfish." I showed her a picture of a blobfish on my phone, just to get the message across. She came home with me after that.
Later that night, my mom asked my little brother (11m) to take the trash out and my sister freaked out. She was like "don't go outside, I don't want you to be a blobfish!" My mom asked why she said that and she said, "op says if you go outside alone at night, scientists will turn you into a blobfish." My mom yelled at me and said that I can't lie to my sister like that, I was going to give her nightmares, etc. I was pretty quiet since I hate getting yelled at, but I still think the blobfish thing was funny. I also think my mom might've been right, so I'm kinda torn. AITA?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My restaraunt does it with long tables that can seat 8-10 but we don't bring the new people with us when we ask because we don't want to add that pressure.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Cowslips Warren posted:

WIBTA for moving away from my children's father if he builds a home next-door to me?

Reddit is thankfully telling her to get her lawyer involved, and a realtor. And to wait until he starts building to gtfo.

AITA for telling my wife to shut up during labor?

What the gently caress kind of brainworms do you have to say childbirth is unique and worth it and implying it isn't going to be the worst pain you possibly will have? poo poo, some period cramps have doubled me over.

And LOL at "ruining the moment."

lesbian couple that apparently never saw a single birth scene in a sitcom wherein the lady gets mad at the husband

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

Piell posted:

AITA for telling my husband I won't cook for him again if he chose to eat his coworker's meal over mine.

r/relationships: he promised Nelly he'd eat her for dinner

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Your job as the spouse who isn't giving birth is to be yelled at and have your hand squeezed until all of the bones are dust. It's not a hard job.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I know this was taking a stand, but my view was that she had made no effort to be fair to us in this situation so why should I bend over backwards and ruin our meal by sharing a small 4 person table with 2 other strangers.

What kind of zoomer bullshit is this? Taking a stand is now something to apologize for?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

ScienceSeagull posted:

AITA for telling my sister she was going to turn into a blobfish?

NTA, this is just a funny power move by an older sibling. My sister probably said something like this to me :lol:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

HIJK posted:

NTA, this is just a funny power move by an older sibling. My sister probably said something like this to me :lol:

Yeah, that one just seems like normal goofy sibling stuff.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

therobit posted:

What kind of zoomer bullshit is this? Taking a stand is now something to apologize for?

what kind of milennial bullshit is this? People's inexperience is somehow a negative to paint an entire generation with?

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

My restaraunt does it with long tables that can seat 8-10 but we don't bring the new people with us when we ask because we don't want to add that pressure.

This server 100% wanted to add that pressure.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
AITA for making sexy poses while neighbor kept recording me for no reason?

quote:

My dad passed away recently and he left me (26M) and my sister (31f) his house. It’s super unkempt so I’ve been doing lots of yard work outside in the mornings. I’m out there watering the grass in the mornings and evenings. Every single time I’ve done this the neighbor right next door who’s like this older granny comes out to her porch and straight up watches me without even hiding it. I introduced myself to her once that me and my sister are the new owners after my dad passed but it was obvious she didn’t wanna talk.

Next thing she started coming outside with her phone pointing the camera right at me. I’m like “ is there a problem?” She says there’s no problem as long as I’m doing what I’m supposed to. I asked her why is she recording me then. Neighbor lady goes what’s the problem with me recording if you’re not doing anything wrong. It’s so loving weird I didn’t even know how to respond to the situation.

Soon as I finished up to go back inside she went back to her house too. This happens every. single. day I’m outside watering the grass. Always the same excuse that she wants to make sure I’m not doing anything else or if I do it’s on camera. So yesterday I got fed up and decided to do something different. When she came out with her phone I stuck my rear end out and put my hand on my hip looking right at her.

At first she was like wtf but then she got really mad when I started wetting myself with the water hose an touching my neck while literally looking directly at her. Was it stupid?

Yes but she put her phone away and started cussing me out for being a pervert. My sister told me later on that she came to the house when I was at work talking about me sexually harassing her making poses in provocative ways. My sister knows she’s a pain in the rear end since she probably has nothing better to do with her time.

But I still shouldn’t have stooped to her level making her uncomfortable right back.

I feel like I’m right on this one and it wasn’t even that bad (not like i was grabbing my balls or anything) but also can be a dumbass sometimes so idk you guys tell me. Was I an rear end in a top hat?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Pomme de Terror posted:

lol dude owns

Had to copy this one from a third-party website cuz trying to find it on Reddit just gave me an “Unauthorized” error message :raise: so the formatting may be odd

AITA for not being able to invite my best friend to my daughter’s first birthday?

quote:

My(25 Male) daughters first birthday is on Saturday and my husband(27Male) and I are throwing a big party for her. My best friend(25 Male) will also be 1 year sober on the same day.

When my daughter was born via surrogate, my best friend came to the hospital to see her and my husband and I decided that if he wanted to see our daughter, he had to get clean. That also meant that he could no longer stay at our house which he did so very often.

So before He came in I went out and told him he had to get clean before he ever came face to face with her. And since that he turned his whole life around.

My friend and I grew up in foster care together and started using drugs from a young age. We were even homeless together.

I got sober when I met my husband at 21 and I tried to encourage my friend to get sober with me and he did but he eventually relapsed. I’ve also become my friends sponsor.

I started talking to my husband that my best friend is really excited to come to the party and how he has a nice gift for her, a nice outfit picked out for the day and is beyond excited to finally meet her (he’s only met her through FaceTime).

And that I’m excited because I get to celebrate my daughters fist birthday and my friends 1 year mark on the same day.

[My husband] tells me that he really doesn’t think that my friend should be around our daughter just yet even with being a year sober. He says he could still have wild behavior.

It hurts telling him that he can no longer come but promise to face time him from the party. He’s upset but he understands my husbands decision.

I feel like an a**hole because he’s been looking forward to this forever and I can’t even celebrate his 1 year mark with him. I’m so proud of him and coming to this party was a real reward for him, and getting to stay in my house was something he really looked forward to because he feels apart of my family.

I know it wasn’t my decision to not let him come but I still feel horrible. So AITA?

“We need to you get clean if you want to see our daughter. To motivate you I’ll be your sponsor and invite you to her 1st birthday.”

*friend gets sober*

“ehhhhh nvm”

What a great way to encourage your “friend” to stay sober!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Pomme de Terror posted:

i'd have just set up a super obvious camera of my own, you know, like camcorder on a tripod kinda deal, but this is real good too

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

The Maroon Hawk posted:

lol dude owns

Had to copy this one from a third-party website cuz trying to find it on Reddit just gave me an “Unauthorized” error message :raise: so the formatting may be odd

AITA for not being able to invite my best friend to my daughter’s first birthday?

“We need to you get clean if you want to see our daughter. To motivate you I’ll be your sponsor and invite you to her 1st birthday.”

*friend gets sober*

“ehhhhh nvm”

What a great way to encourage your “friend” to stay sober!

You and your husband are both assholes. Dangling a carrot and then nailing someone with social rejection like that is a surefire way to make them relapse.

Pomme de Terror posted:

Sexual harassment as a form of punishment for overbearing, nosy behavior will never not be funny.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Can't forget this classic:

Casey was the best ADA and she got a raw deal :colbert:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, usually it’s the recovering addict the decides on some sort of timeline all on their own and then uses that as an excuse to relapse. These were specific terms laid out by them that he met and exceeded. That seems almost designed to send him off the deep end.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

therobit posted:

You and your husband are both assholes. Dangling a carrot and then nailing someone with social rejection like that is a surefire way to make them relapse.

Seriously - my very first thought on that one was “they’ll be drat lucky if this doesn’t make their ‘friend’ relapse”

Not to doubt the friend’s strength in staying sober but jfc that’s probably the weak point that might do it

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think the dude's husband just really dislikes the guy, and maybe is jealous that they're so close.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yeah, usually it’s the recovering addict the decides on some sort of timeline all on their own and then uses that as an excuse to relapse. These were specific terms laid out by them that he met and exceeded. That seems almost designed to send him off the deep end.

And it's such a lovely bullshit reason, too. "He might engage in wild behavior"? Really, at a one-year-old's birthday party? The guy is sober. He'd probably be on his best behavior because he's so goddamn excited about the party, meeting the kid, going to his friend's house again, etc. The husband is a dick.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AITA for 'forcing' my son to get along with his 'step' father?

quote:

I have three kids. Twins, 23(M & F) Ella and Steven, and John 17(M). John was the result of me cheating on Ella and Steven's father, Rob, with John's father, Harry. Harry ran away after he found out I was pregnant. Rob found out about the affair 3 years later. The kids were still young so we didn't tell them the truth about why we divorced at the time. Rob still loved John and cared for him which surprises me considering John isn't his biological son,.

Harry came back into contact with me when John was 10, and although I was a little bitter, I eventually forgave him and we fell in love and got married. They didn't dislike Harry, but they weren't close with him which, in John's case, hurt Harry since he is John's real father.

It became bad when John was 16. Harry wanted to do something with John, but John said no.. Harry snapped and said that they never spend time as Father and son, which caused John to say: 'Look, I don't hate you or anything but I don't see you my dad, so stop trying to force me to see you as him. I have a dad and he's not you.' I couldn't take it anymore, and I asked if John if he would be saying that if he Harry was really his father. John looked and confused and it was then I told him the truth, and that his behavior was hurting Harry. That caused John to cry, and he ran to his room. Ella went to comfort him and Steven glared at me and said 'I hope you're happy you broke that poor kid cause of your butthurt feelings.'

It's been a year since then, and I think my kids forgive me, but still aren't close with Harry. Recently, it was Harry's birthday and he wanted me and John to spend it with him. John however, decided that he wanted to watch a movie with his friend. I told him that Harry wants to spend time with him. He said that he's going anyway and that I'm free to ground him when he gets back.

When John got back, I told him that his behavior towards Harry is horrible. He told me that he's nice to Harry, but that Rob is his dad. I asked what the point of me telling him the truth if he was just going to be like this.

He snapped 'Don't act like you told me the truth for my sake. You told me the truth out of spite and jealousy, because I wouldn't see your affair partner as my dad. And to be frank, I still don't so your little plan didn't work.' And he went to his room.

My older kids got wind of what happened, and they called to berate me and told me to stop pushing John to love Harry. I told him that I get that John loves Rob, but Harry is his blood father. Ella told me I'm wrong, that Rob is the one who raised John, therefore Rob is his father. Steven said he's going to rescue his bro the minute he turns 18 which is in a few weeks. I tried to get Rob to talk to John, but he said he wasn't forcing his son to love Harry.

I just don't understand. Am I really wrong for wanting my son to love his blood father?

AITA, reddit?

AITA for taking long showers?

quote:

I (17M) live at my parent's house (I'm leaving this year since I'm going to college on another city). The house only has one bathroom, which is ok I guess since it's only my sister, my parents, and me. The thing is, I enjoy taking long showers (I'm talking about 30-40min or so). I swear I'm not doing "teenager stuff" there, my main reason is that I've struggled with overthinking, feeling lonely, and feeling like poo poo overall for some time now, and it's not a secret that showers are super relaxing, even more with some good music, it's like my "safe place", and the only place where I can feel calm and forget about things that are bothering me for a second.

My family makes a big deal out of it ALWAYS. They always say that they have to go to the bathroom URGENTLY, and it's not even occasionally, it's every single day that they come in (my dad and mom mostly). Even though I put the lock on the door, they just open it with hair clips and come in anyway, and it obviously makes me so uncomfortable, I literally get no privacy in this house, not even while I'm showering. I wouldn't really mind it if it was something that happens occasionally, I get that they need to go urgently sometimes. But as I said before, they come in every single day, sometimes even one after the other. They are adults, I don't think they can't hold it for a minute.

After I come out, they're usually mad at me. They ask me what I'm doing in there, and they even say I'm doing it because I want to bother them, or because I wanna cause a fight. The thing that pushed me over the edge and made me write this, is that it's been some times (including today) that they turn off the boiler and leave me showering with ONLY cold water (wtf!?). I usually finish showering right before I come out, so I have to finish with cold-as-ice water. And it's not only on summer that they've done this, they've turned off the boiler on winter (I live in a city that gets really cold during winter, it even snows here).

I've been thinking that maybe I'm in the wrong here, so, AITA for taking long showers?

Edit: I forgot to mention I always ask them if they need to go before I hop on the shower, and they usually use it before me, and they dont have any health problems so they don't need to go the bathroom every 30-40mins. Also, about the bills, water is extremely cheap in our city, we pay for the service, not the amount we are using, unless we actually use a lot, but it usually is 10-15 dollars total. And I don't know for sure, but I think it's not even monthly that they pay.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for taking long showers?

while monopolizing the one shower is kind of a dink move this part here reads like there's a lot more going on:

quote:

it's like my "safe place", and the only place where I can feel calm and forget about things that are bothering me for a second.

without having more info it kinda sounds like an introvert stuck in a household of extroverts where even their bedroom isn't private so they have nowhere to disconnect and recharge their social battery

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

blatman posted:

while monopolizing the one shower is kind of a dink move this part here reads like there's a lot more going on:

without having more info it kinda sounds like an introvert stuck in a household of extroverts where even their bedroom isn't private so they have nowhere to disconnect and recharge their social battery

Uh, they say he does it because he "wants to start a fight" and "wants to bother them." Without having more info, it sounds like an abusive situation where parents are trying to obliterate every ounce of his personal space and privacy.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The parents suck because they won't let him see a therapist, no doubt about it.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Midnight Voyager posted:

Uh, they say he does it because he "wants to start a fight" and "wants to bother them." Without having more info, it sounds like an abusive situation where parents are trying to obliterate every ounce of his personal space and privacy.

yeah that's also enormous red flags, I looked at his comment history and i'm worried he's going to take all the "YTA op stop hogging shower" comments to heart. one of his replies is him explaining that he asked his parents to get him a therapist and they refused, that comment currently has -4 upvotes because virtually everything he's posted has negative upvotes

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

blatman posted:

still, i'd say lock your bedroom door rather than the bathroom door. might not be an option for OP, tho

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

John sounds like a good kid.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The parents suck because they won't let him see a therapist, no doubt about it.

And also the bit where they refuse to give him even a second of personal space.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

John sounds like a good kid.

Steven is also a good brother, and Rob better vanish at the same moment John does

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for leaving my best friend and his friends stranded in an unfamiliar city?

quote:

So for background, my best friend has gotten into going to these Spartan races. He and a small group of his friends have started going to local ones but recently heard about one in another state they wanted to go to and compete in, but they didn't have anywhere to stay. So they asked me if they could borrow my truck and trailer (I have a tow behind camper) for the weekend. I said no, I wasn't comfortable with them taking my truck and trailer but that I'd drive them and the camper to their event. We made the three hour trip and set everything up in the area where the race was taking place the next day.

I have a habit of leaving my keys on a hook next to the door to my bedroom in my camper. Remember this. Come nightfall, I went to take a phone call outside and ended up wandering around the grounds for over an hour. When I got back to the camper, the door was locked, and I was told by my best friend's older friend through the window that there wasn't enough room for me in MY trailer. So I reached for my keys to unlock the door, but realized I had left them inside the camper on the hook in my room. So I called my best friend from outside and all I was told was "sorry bro, nothing I can do". So I ended up sleeping in my truck that night, which I had fortunately left unlocked by accident.

Their race began at 8 am, and at 7, they came meandering out of the trailer and woke me up. No apology, by the way.

So while they were in their race, I hooked my truck back up to the trailer, closed and locked everything, and waited until just after they finished and had started walking back to the trailer (think really wide open field). When I saw them coming, I started the truck and drove off the property. With them chasing behind. I made the three hour trip back home declining call after call. When I finally got home, I finally took my best friend's call. He started yelling at me saying "why would you do this? We have no way home now". I just said sorry, you shouldn't have made me sleep in my truck after I did you this solid.

He told me that there were better ways to handle this than by leaving them in an unfamiliar city with no way home. I think he ended up calling his dad to come and get them.

Is he right? Was there a better way to handle this? I felt justified until he said that. I am kinda doubting my decision now. Am I the rear end in a top hat

Give us your bed!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Should have started driving home the moment they didn’t let you in the trailer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

haveblue posted:

Should have started driving home the moment they didn’t let you in the trailer

he'd left his keys in the trailer and his "friend" refused to give them to him when he called him