Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Jordan Jarrett-Bryan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Yeah, he does a lot of cool stuff, but i'm feeling it's just not working in the football weekly setup and crew. his online guy vibe is just pretty jarring on the podcast for me clive.

its contrasts pretty heavily with other new guests that have been really good, like Nedum Onuoha and Townsend

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Hot take JJB and TT are both shite.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Brass Hand posted:

The Turkish Superleague XI one was great

Keys suggesting mark robbins for the man utd job. :mmmhmm:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Jippa posted:

Keys suggesting mark robbins for the man utd job. :mmmhmm:

That one cracked me up. Especially when you consider this paragraph from this week's blog:

quote:

...Good luck with that at Carrington Erik. ‘Er - Ronnie. You’re standing in the wrong position. You too Bruno. And you Marcus’. I think not. As I said last week - big players at big clubs are different. They need handling differently. They’re not impressed by white boards and crayons.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Hot take JJB and TT are both shite.

TTs takes aren't always the best, but I do enjoy his sort of dry, world weary humour, and his giving every impression that he hates coming on the pod.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

No one on FW is as bad as Barney Ronay so as long as he's on regularly I can tolerate pretty much anyone else.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
I was thinking about my top tier lineup - Rushden, Barry, Wilson, Auclair - and it made me think: is it me or has Philippe not been on for a while? I hope he’s not been shuffled off or is otherwise engaged

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
Phillipe seems to be on one or twice a month or whenever FIFA do something terrible.

Absolutely agree with that line up.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I feel pretty meh about Barry these days. He's not offensively bad, but he literally never says anything interesting or insightful or even funny, and just comes across as a weirdo a lot of the time. recently he has also developed a number of boomer tendencies and it's all very :chloe: imo

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Answers Me posted:

I was thinking about my top tier lineup - Rushden, Barry, Wilson, Auclair - and it made me think: is it me or has Philippe not been on for a while? I hope he’s not been shuffled off or is otherwise engaged

Wilson and Auclair are easy top tier, they’re just interesting to listen to and are clearly passionate about what they talk about. It doesn’t sound a lot but most of them are rarely both.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Max and Barry are a double-act so count as one together, that way you can squeeze in an extra panellist to get the best line-up which is Max/Barry, Auclair, Onuoha, Wilson and Langdon.

Unfortunately, Troy Townsend does kinda suck.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I am still listening to FC back episodes. Remember when we all got swept up on the turkey hype train in the euros?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Was on a BA flight recently and the in flight entertainment contained podcasts, one of which was the Ramble. They had a 2010/11 best of, and a 2013/14 best of, amongst other ramble meets shows. These were the two I listened to and they were hilarious, but also maddening they willingly binned that lightning in a bottle chemistry.

Police Machine!

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

britishbornandbread posted:

Was on a BA flight recently and the in flight entertainment contained podcasts, one of which was the Ramble. They had a 2010/11 best of, and a 2013/14 best of, amongst other ramble meets shows. These were the two I listened to and they were hilarious, but also maddening they willingly binned that lightning in a bottle chemistry.

Police Machine!

Was 13/14 best of the one that had their takes on Pardew calling Pellegrini a oval office?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Was 13/14 best of the one that had their takes on Pardew calling Pellegrini a oval office?

Shut your noise, you loving old oval office, if you must know.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
One of them is the “I’m out shagging every night” ep and that gets me every time.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
That episode with Police Machine and the Nigerian match fixers is probably one of the funniest things they ever did. I re-listen every year or so and it still brings me to tears

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

webmeister posted:

That episode with Police Machine and the Nigerian match fixers is probably one of the funniest things they ever did. I re-listen every year or so and it still brings me to tears

“Can I just have a word? It’s probably nothing…”

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
"just imagine what the other team are doing while they score 71 goals in the second half, that's gotta be the longest 45 minutes of your entire life"
"last game of the season, my family are here"
"cmon dad!"

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

britishbornandbread posted:

Shut your noise, you loving old oval office, if you must know.

That's the one and it opens with it iirc

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Lightning in a bottle is definitely what the ramble was, you could even see it pre format change when one of them was on holiday and it was more lacklustre when it was just 3 out of the 4.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
JBB on today's pod: "spurs tried to drag us down to their level" ugh :dismissivewank:

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
omg listening on:

JBB: "Arteta needs to stop it cause it's really cringe" (actual quote)

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
He’s definitely The Worst. Others can be more irritating, but he contributes absolutely nothing beyond being dumb as hell. Doesn’t fit with the rest of the pod at all, I can’t fathom what they see in him

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
it may be the Robbie Savage effect, people can't help but engage because his opinions are so bad.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
so am i the only one who still really enjoys New Ramble here or what

been listening since about 2010 and didn't love it at first but got over it

also, anyone here listen to Quickly Kevin? it's hit or miss but when it's good it's very good

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
I also like the new ramble, Vish is the only one who hasn’t grown on me. However, I am nostalgic for the OG line up and also for Marcus to be host of OTC again because I can’t stand Dotun.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

grvm posted:

I also like the new ramble, Vish is the only one who hasn’t grown on me. However, I am nostalgic for the OG line up and also for Marcus to be host of OTC again because I can’t stand Dotun.

yeah it's this for me. They should have kept one show with the original four imo even if just the preview show, they had good chemistry. The best of 2014 episode is incredible stuff.

e: this isn't the episode I'm thinking of but I ran across this looking for it and gently caress I miss the original Ramble theme tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtm_PJvoox0&t=12s

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 19, 2022

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

I don't mind the new Ramble, but it's the frequency of content that does it for me. I can't be bothered keeping up with daily podcasts, doubly so when I don't really have a commute anymore. It probably also doesn't help that my team have been a running punchline for multiple years now.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Good football cliches today. I always thought klopp was a prick. I love the ranking of "classy touches". I want to see robbie keane doing a "muted" somersault celebration. :)

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Thinking about the football ramble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buq9P9zoBr0

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Troy Townsend and Johnny Liew for the FW's final-day-of-the-season pod.

smh, just smh

Simiain fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 23, 2022

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Liew is like a Barney Roney regen and it annoys me to think that there’s now some kind of conveyor belt of that kind of journalist. At least he seems to actually enjoy Football when talking about it unlike Roney who sounds like he’s about to slit his wrists every time he’s on

Shroud
May 11, 2009

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

Liew is like a Barney Roney regen and it annoys me to think that there’s now some kind of conveyor belt of that kind of journalist. At least he seems to actually enjoy Football when talking about it unlike Roney who sounds like he’s about to slit his wrists every time he’s on

Must be some kind of witch's curse over there...

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

The Witch's Curse episode was loving brilliant.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

The Witch's Curse episode was loving brilliant.

It's my all time favorite along with the one a few years ago where Barry goes off about PSG.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Finally caught up and laughed at Mackem Wilson

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

algebra testes posted:

Finally caught up and laughed at Mackem Wilson

Where can I find this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Mackem Wilson is end of the PL round up ep entitled "Manchester City's glory etc" when they play his voice message.

Max bagging out Wilson for that can be found at the end of "Real Madrid reign supreme" episode.