Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
dot png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

To try and bring this thread back on topic, here's screenshots of Blizzard's internal tool to try and quantify the diversity of the characters of Overwatch.

https://twitter.com/PhDedede/status/1525205571422781440

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

bob dobbs is dead posted:

leisure exercise levels have increased since 1970

Honj Steak posted:

As has probably the average caloric intake. Exercise alone doesn’t make you lose weight since modern industrial food is very addictive, calorically dense and lacks the nutrients that make us feel full for long.

There are actually some rather odd studies that indicate that, controlling for obvious differences, exercise itself doesn't seem to be as effective as it was in the early 80s or thereabouts. Ostensibly, the same effort doesn't produce as strong a burn as it did 40 years ago. It's a very strange thing that when I last looked it wasn't just a statistical anomaly. It's not something I'd take as gospel and I haven't followed up on it, but it's intriguing.

Kcal in/out is a useful front end tool like BMI is, but it has a distinct cutoff of usefulness just as BMI does. In much the same way as "yes additional protein intake is strongly recommended when building muscle mass" turns into dolts consuming more protein than their body can physically process into useful products, there's a lot of issues in connecting outcomes to causes for most people.

I rarely try to engage on most things because my interest is in oncology nutrition and it's loving dire out there. But dieting is useful/effective really only in that most of it's effect is coming from people being attentive to their intake. All things being equal the actual diet itself (if it's actually a diet and not the ramblings of weirdos eating fermented meat) is a minimal part of any weight loss. But it's mostly effective for people in the "I put on some weight during COVID" category and not the folks who are 300+ etc etc.

I can go trawling or bug the exercise and bariatric folks for stuff, but it's probably not super necessary unless someone really cares.

Unfortunately the actually probable solutions to my eye aren't something we'll ever get in the US, because they're expensive and aren't sexy, or the intense bigotry to the poor or uneducated sets off all kinds of lovely means testing. At this point I'm just sad when someone brings me the latest psychotic Internet "cure your cancer with apple cider vinegar" poo poo.

Doggles posted:

To try and bring this thread back on topic, here's screenshots of Blizzard's internal tool to try and quantify the diversity of the characters of Overwatch.

I feel like someone in Iraq must have said they were going to bag a 7 point Arab at some point.

Synnr has issued a correction as of 01:52 on May 15, 2022

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i want to see all th values for 0

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

ah...blue eyes white dragon

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

If you turn cognitive ability all the way down you get your average new england sports fan.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i wanna see, then gently caress, the 10

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

that's probably one of the training dummies

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
i now a BMI of 19 and i don't each much solely because that will make me feel uncomfortably warm in my dreadfully hot and humid climate

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
capitalism makes you fat but it also causes climate change to burn that fat right off, the market provides

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Shima Honnou posted:

capitalism makes you fat but it also causes climate change to burn that fat right off, the market provides

Actually your body burns more calories if its colder, so capitalism ruins both sides of the equation.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

capitalism lets me buy little plastic dolls I can paint have play pretend with to escape capitalism in my dreams

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Being near thinking rocks makes you fat because this is the 237th time humanity has invented computers and 236th time it's been blasted back into hunter-gatherers by evil robots. After a while evolution cottoned on. Hope y'all enjoy your diets when I've got a million calories sitting pretty in my aorta

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

Being near thinking rocks makes you fat because this is the 237th time humanity has invented computers and 236th time it's been blasted back into hunter-gatherers by evil robots. After a while evolution cottoned on. Hope y'all enjoy your diets when I've got a million calories sitting pretty in my aorta

Isn't this the plot of mass effect

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

soldier 76 is gay

probably mercy? is the least "mathematically diverse". or ashe.

bunch of fuckin freaks in that game

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wanna see them bastion stats

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Mola Yam posted:

soldier 76 is gay

No, being a woman is worth points, its got to be Cassidy, pretty sure he's a 0 across the board

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

He's old and cosplaying a cowboy in 2069, that's gotta be worth some points

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Honj Steak posted:

Actually your body burns more calories if its colder, so capitalism ruins both sides of the equation.

Is this why XC skiing is supposed to be such a calorie burning workout or is it just because it's insanely difficult to boot?

Posted from the torrid zone

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is this why XC skiing is supposed to be such a calorie burning workout or is it just because it's insanely difficult to boot?

Posted from the torrid zone

its because both the run-shuffle in difficult terrain and skiing use tons of energy, op

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Its easier than walking.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Doggles posted:

insane that you get points for being maimed, oppression olympics TCG

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Doggles posted:

I'm not convinced the wheelchair basketball system can be expanded out to other contexts.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Give me an overwatch character that's a gay baby with a minigun in a wheelchair

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Is the Blizzard sexual orientation score just a 1-10 scale of gayness or do you have to be a furry to get a 10?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

tokin opposition posted:

a single beefy 5-layer burrito would feed every living human being for a week up until 1823
At 18:24, though, you're gonna need some ice cream.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Piell posted:

No, being a woman is worth points, its got to be Cassidy, pretty sure he's a 0 across the board

cass has prosthetics, closest thing to all 0s is probably reinhardt but only if youre using the young rein skin

Svensken posted:

Is the Blizzard sexual orientation score just a 1-10 scale of gayness or do you have to be a furry to get a 10?

fun fact, ana being egyptian is a 7 for ethnicity and zenyatta being a robot is a 5

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Business Gorillas posted:

Overwatch/BK Kids Club crossover

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Demonstrating my pro-diversity credentials by writing a list rating all the races from 1-10.

Carefully considering whether to place castizo above or below quadroon like an 18th century colonial governor.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i really want to see the internal Blizzard ethnicity tier list

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

i really want to see the internal Blizzard ethnicity tier list

Well we know Robot is C tier

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Business Gorillas posted:

Isn't this Urgot's original backstory

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

mossyfisk posted:

Demonstrating my pro-diversity credentials by writing a list rating all the races from 1-10.

Carefully considering whether to place castizo above or below quadroon like an 18th century colonial governor.
the octoroon known as the "Ultimate Hellbane" scores a 1 for diversity

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Mola Yam posted:

soldier 76 is gay

Mercy is a poh (person of healing)

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

DACK FAYDEN posted:

the octoroon known as the "Ultimate Hellbane" scores a 1 for diversity

What about a dwarf, with b-ball skin

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i hope the character design people just game the system by alternating between most-diversity-points and least-diversity-points characters to make sure the roster is within tolerance with the least effort

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

what is this, some nerd stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Professor Shark posted:

what is this, some nerd stuff?

Reg date 2012