Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lol that you can sue someone for that?! More lol if it works against that fuckwit.

UK libel laws are garbage, part 8,390,026

15th May 1919, the Winnipeg General Strike starts. For 6 weeks more than 30,000 (in a city of maybe 150,000) refused to work over low wages, rising prices, insecure employment, poor housing conditions & rampant discrimination against immigrants.

Infer from this what you will

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 10:46 on May 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
You can sue anyone you like for anything. George Galloway is suing everyone in this thread as we speak

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
More good news for the future of the UK

quote:

Fewer than half of people in Scotland say they support retaining the monarchy, according to a major new poll that reveals the cultural divides emerging within the union.

Almost six in 10 people across Britain want to retain the monarchy for the foreseeable future, with only a quarter saying that the end of the Queen’s reign would be an appropriate time for Britain to become a republic. The overwhelming majority, some 85%, expect that Britain will still have a monarchy in a decade’s time.

However the poll, by the British Future thinktank, found that only 45% in Scotland said they wanted to retain the monarchy – with 36% saying the end of the Queen’s reign would be the right moment to move to a republic. Some 19% either rejected the choice, or said they didn’t know.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/may/15/scottish-support-for-monarchy-falls-to-45-poll-reveals

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lol that you can sue someone for that?! More lol if it works against that fuckwit.

you can sue for libel even for true things, just because they impair your reputation

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

UK libel laws are dumb and terrible but I'm not gonna complain when they're used against tories or tory press.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/DesignsBarnes/status/1525766787656196097

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I like that it's *first* eggs

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I'm the heavy breathing

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

sebzilla posted:

Latvia's song was amazing and didn't even get through the semis so the entire competition is a farce as far as I'm concerned.

Tbf they wouldn't let Georgia and Azerbaijan read out the votes in the final due to 'irregularities' so it seems like the semi finals were a massive fix.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I wonder if we can infer anything about the collective mood of the continent from the prevalence of ballads (and pretty doomy ones at that)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

the sex ghost posted:

You can sue anyone you like for anything. George Galloway is suing everyone in this thread as we speak

Yeah this, pretty much. as I understand it our libel laws have actually mostly been fixed. That said, frankly, I hope Jack Monroe wins bigly.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ha ha ha ha ha eat ratio you loving terf

https://twitter.com/Frostpinni/status/1525586175934836736?t=SmqoHFH7Rbl33zF9SozKrQ&s=19

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Liverpool beating Chelsea in the FA Cup final, my reconciliation with my ex going well, AND the UK beaten by only Ukraine at Eurovision, AND my hangover is only a 7/10?????? Good god that was a stellar Saturday

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Just out of curiosity, I'm not up on my Liverpool history. What was with them booing the national anthem?

Like, I've got no beef with people doing that, but why's it specifically a Liverpool thing?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

what is the ratio?

Darth Walrus posted:

Just out of curiosity, I'm not up on my Liverpool history. What was with them booing the national anthem?

Like, I've got no beef with people doing that, but why's it specifically a Liverpool thing?

Hillsborough

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Darth Walrus posted:

Managed decline in the 70s, then Hillsborough. Scouse exceptionalism goes back further than that but those were the two big things that switched it. In the 60s it wasn't unusual to see a Union Jack on the Kop but you'd never get one now.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1525774823565172736

Trans women? I think you mean antisemitic Corbynites.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

what is the ratio?
Ratio of likes on the reply to likes on the original.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ratio of likes on the reply to likes on the original.

Thats not what ratioed is though?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

It's morphed to mean really any relationship between two numbers you can contrive on twitter. Specifically people will post "ratioed" beneath unpopular tweets in an attempt to get the reply more likes than the original.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

NotJustANumber99 posted:

That is how the term is used now. Much like how "literally" can mean "figuratively".

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Just when I think I'm starting to understand twitter and they pull the rug out from under me. Hope elon buys it and it crashes and burns.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
just like your Tesla heyooooooooooo

EDIT sorry thread, what a pointless post

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1525774823565172736

Trans women? I think you mean antisemitic Corbynites.

I reckon Rachel Riley needs a hobby.
That is, one that doesn't involve siccing her lawyers on people.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Is Countdown still going?

Couldn't they make more shows, like, a lot more shows to keep her really busy?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i think these people just need to stop being dicks really

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They've built their entire recent identity around 'Corbyn bad' and twisted it through tortured logic into making them the good guys. It's like centrist Qanon by this point, complete with accusations of secret Trotskyists mentally manipulating the police.

Switch Corbyn for Clinton and Trotsky for Soros and you can built the exacts same unpleasant conspiracies about "you don't really care about X rights, you have just been mentally manipulated."

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Here's what Lee Anderson actually said.

quote:

At the start of the clip, Daubney refers to Monroe as the “self-appointed representative of the impoverished”, adding she has “sold loads of books. Done quite well out of it. No doubt, probably earns more than the prime minister”.

Anderson responds by stating: “She’s taking money off some of the most vulnerable people in society and making an absolute fortune on [sic] the back of people.”

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Dead Goon posted:

Is Countdown still going?

Couldn't they make more shows, like, a lot more shows to keep her really busy?

gently caress Riley, but yeah the show is still going, and still watchable if you are into that kind of thing. And its cheap as poo poo to make.
My mum and I watch it a lot when I am home, both useless at it sure.
Have a school friend who was an octochamp. pity he was a fucker irl

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Barry Foster posted:

EDIT sorry thread, what a pointless post

Don't worry we'll just store it where we keep all the other pointless posts, this thread

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Is unregistered forums viewing still possible? I sent my friend a link to the breakup megathread but she doesn't have an account. It's asking for a login.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

killerwhat posted:

Is unregistered forums viewing still possible? I sent my friend a link to the breakup megathread but she doesn't have an account. It's asking for a login.

It used to be it was sometimes turned on/off, but no idea what it's like now.

I spent 5 years occasionally reading the forums without an account, I would know.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Log out and find out?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jedit posted:

Log out and find out?

Impossible

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Jedit posted:

Log out and find out?

No wai!
What if you log out and then you forgot your password and can't log back in.
And then something really juicy happens and you can't talk about it here! You can't take that chance.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
I opened the forums in an incognito window so I didn't have to log out, how about that. :c00lbert:

The breakup thread is in E/N which is hidden to non-members.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Hope you got :10bux:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I don't think this thread has been hidden for about 4 years (I lurked for several weeks until it got hidden on 2018 and I decided it was worth paying for). Not been hidden since, sometimes I read on a different device and don't sign in just so I can keep up.
Can't speak for other threads.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Reveilled posted:

The breakup thread is in E/N which is hidden to non-members.

Which, like, should not be too surprising, by it's very nature it's kind of personal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Does anyone have a good idea for good generalised history books about Central or Southern America from prehistory onward? Not as an academic exercise more just trying to get started.

I'm asking because I can't find poo poo on any site that I really trust the reviews of.