Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

LeeMajors posted:

I'm sure they're flexible on age of consent laws too

yeah I’m into rpgs

romancing preteen girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LeeMajors posted:

I'm sure they're flexible on age of consent laws too

I don't live in rural Iowa (Dubuque is a city of a little under 60,000 and is so liberal compared to the rest of Iowa that isn't the college cities that it's often referred to as "the State of Dubuque"), so, no, we just have lots of gun nuts here.

And an active chapter of the KKK; there are one or two cross burnings in front of Black homes or churches every year. :smith:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Abugadu posted:

yeah I’m into rpgs

romancing preteen girls

I see a fellow connoisseur of Japanese dating sims.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
:golfclap: for one hell of a snipe there.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Its Rinaldo posted:

I see a fellow connoisseur of Japanese dating sims.

When did they make you and Abugadu mods? Congrats, regardlesss.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Timby posted:

I don't live in rural Iowa (Dubuque is a city of a little under 60,000 and is so liberal compared to the rest of Iowa that isn't the college cities that it's often referred to as "the State of Dubuque"), so, no, we just have lots of gun nuts here.

I mean I was thinking more of libertarian dumdums who think there should be no laws at all. We’ve got plenty of those in our city-setting.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Weird my wife’s gotten 2 voting guides and her mail in ballot and I’ve gotten squat, and I’ve voted before from our new address.

Also last “not Trump” vote my wife cast didn’t count cause her sig wasn’t right from the one on record I guess

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 15, 2022

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a sexual elk posted:

Also last “not Trump” vote my wife cast didn’t count cause her sig wasn’t right from the one on record I guess

I have absolutely no way to know what my on the record signature looks like, and also no way in Missouri to tell if my vote counted or got thrown out because of that.

And over the years I've gone from trying to write things all pretty to just jotting stuff down--I'm not sure what the legal version looks like anymore if someone were to challenge it. Signature matching was always bullshit in my opinion, but maybe it was the best bullshit we had 100 or 150 years go. That does not seem to be the case today.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
A recorders office website who don't have very basic enter your name, address and DOB to see the status of a mail in ballot so you can see the status of a return is just actively hostile in 2022

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Guess I’ll just go to the in person site they gave her and see if I’m on the rolls or if I got purged, stupid cause I’m in California not some third world state like Texas

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Samadhi posted:

When did they make you and Abugadu mods? Congrats, regardlesss.

:golfclap:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Man I remember that. They straight up hung the CEO of the company who made tainted baby formula.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

seiferguy posted:

Man I remember that. They straight up hung the CEO of the company who made tainted baby formula.

Sounds legit

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1525810300297027584

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

there's some hope in this dreadful world :unsmith:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
E: not sure how credible. Removing.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 15, 2022

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Now someone needs to piss on it

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I basically don't know anything about Margaret Thatcher and why she was reviled. Her wikipedia is so same-sides that I can't make heads or tails of it. I think it has something to do with the poor and homeless? Is there something you could point to that highlights the topline issues people have? You can easily point at Reagan and say well the war on drugs, the abandonment of people dying of AIDS, the idiotic trickle down economics, etc.

Pardon my ignorance

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Effectively that. She was tough on crime, fought inflation with forced deflation, eliminating millions of manufacturing jobs, drastically slashed the social safety net, treated the irish so poorly, they elected a prisoner to the house of lords and then killed him. It made her loathed internationally and led to a number of Irish attacks including a sadly close assassination attempt on her. Also fought against AIDS research and information.

Basically lady Reagan.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Margaret Thatcher was so horrible she spawned punk rock in opposition to her.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Thank you

I want to hear more about this prisoner

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Child poverty skyrocketed because of her.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

kiimo posted:

I basically don't know anything about Margaret Thatcher and why she was reviled. Her wikipedia is so same-sides that I can't make heads or tails of it. I think it has something to do with the poor and homeless? Is there something you could point to that highlights the topline issues people have? You can easily point at Reagan and say well the war on drugs, the abandonment of people dying of AIDS, the idiotic trickle down economics, etc.

Pardon my ignorance

Vocal supporter of the Pinochet regime in Chile, literally stole milk from the mouths of children as young as 8, same trickle down bullshit, crushed a miner's strike, just absolutely brutal to unions. I don't know much about UK response to AIDS in the 80s, but I can't imagine she was better than Reagan about it. Honestly it's mostly the same reasons Reagan was a huge evil bastard. She never raped anyone as far as I know, so she's better than Reagan in that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t4-zDem1Sk

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

kiimo posted:

Thank you

I want to hear more about this prisoner

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Sands

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmmomV-ax-s

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Obligatory delightful old lady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUlj48Rvp1c

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

The Reds pitched a no-hitter!

They also lost!

https://twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/status/1525933313193480194

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

What?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Got a GE Digital Air Fry 8-in-1 Toaster Oven as a housewarming gift

what are you favorite dishes to make in these

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
toast

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

It's a beautiful game

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/CrookedKnight/status/1525935482193969153

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I googled what a fielder's choice is and I still don't understand how this happened.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

https://twitter.com/Pirates/status/1525930928589131776?s=20&t=R14e5lFXG13xkuv3gacuyA

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

the batter hit the ball and made it to 1st base safely??

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The runner at second was thrown out when they attempted to start a double play.

Can't get a hit and make an out in the same play.

Edit: Sorry, that's not the best way of explaining it (since you can get a hit, and then get thrown out running the bases on the same play). The fielder had the option of throwing to 1st base and getting the runner out, but chose to get the out at 2nd base in an attempt to possibly get a double play instead.

ozymandius1024 fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 15, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Fielders Choice is kind of what it sounds like. The hitter would’ve been out, but the fielder threw to get a runner out instead. Doesn’t count as a hit, but counts as an RBI for the hitter.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

days without mass shooting: 0

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1525947999314227202

i'm old enough to remember it happening to andy hawkins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ttrw_WtgK0

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Bucks couldn't hit a three in the last two games of the series to save their lives and the Celtics couldn't miss. Bummed, but still a good title defense given that Middleton has missed the past 10 games due to injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My wife's family has been here for ~48 hours and she's already arguing with her mom about how to raise her failson brother.

Three weeks until they fly home :negative: