Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

m.hache posted:

Ok this is going dumb but is there an actual game for Android that they keep showing in all those ads? The one where you pass through a gate to multiply your army and fight a boss near the end?

It's such a common bait and switch ad I'd actually like to play a game like that.

drat I actually had the same thought/craving.

Jabor posted:

they're also incredibly padded out with junk puzzles, the ones that are actually interesting are few and far between

:(

edit: dang new page snipe. Has anyone played Windy Slider? Can't remember if I saw it here or if I discovered it on reddit. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaueRosa.WindySlider It's such a... simple and cozy game. Tap and hold to move forward, release to jump. Get to the end, unlock points and colours. No ads. Sometimes you can squish the AI racers and it's weirdly fun and relaxing. I wish I could find something similar with slightly more meta progression because eventually you run out of colours to unlock. It kinda reminds me of SNES era Uniracers

Xtanstic fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

mirror123 posted:

Same question but about the one where you have to pull away the room boundaries in order and there's lava or treasure or monsters to get through.

That game is Evony.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice

m.hache posted:

Ok this is going dumb but is there an actual game for Android that they keep showing in all those ads? The one where you pass through a gate to multiply your army and fight a boss near the end?

It's such a common bait and switch ad I'd actually like to play a game like that.

There is a guy on YouTube who thought the same thing so he decided to make it himself. It is on PC only, but it can scratch the itch.

https://fatdino.itch.io/math-runner

And here is the video of him making it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRDhiN50Vo0

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Inceltown posted:

That game is Evony.

lmao

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

What's the least virus-laden Android emulator for windows that I could use to play Dislyte?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

explosivo posted:

What's the least virus-laden Android emulator for windows that I could use to play Dislyte?

Bluestacks (the pie64 version)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I keep having issues with it, it'll work for a bit but then (like now) I'll launch it and it launches to a black not-responding screen and all I can do is force close it. I'll keep screwing around with it.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Saw an ad for Ni No Kuni and thought it looked interesting. Do a little research and find :

1. Published by Netmarble
2. Autoplay MMO
3. Incorporating crypto and NFTs

:barf:

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

cirus posted:

Saw an ad for Ni No Kuni and thought it looked interesting. Do a little research and find :

1. Published by Netmarble
2. Autoplay MMO
3. Incorporating crypto and NFTs

:barf:

You could have stopped after bullet point 1...

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

The goon Shop Titans guild is still kicking and we just unlocked another player spot! No participation quota requirements or anything ridiculous like that, just try to invest in the town when you get some extra money.

Just drop your player ID in the thread or on our discord (https://discord.gg/q7NYXvZX) if you'd like an invite

edit: guild currently full, but we DO have a couple of inactives we want to swap out so it shouldn't be too long for anyone else that wants in.

staplegun fucked around with this message at 07:57 on May 18, 2022

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I didn't realize the Shop Titans guild was still kicking.

I might pop back in now that I don't have any similar timewaster addiction games going on. Have there been many changes to the game in the past year or so? Looks like I played last in May

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
I think since you left shop Titans has added a couple of item tiers, item affinities (bonus for on-color enchants), some new events, collection book.

We do have a couple of idle people to drop, so we can work to make space for you.

If you join the discord in the post above we can math things out around your town hall investment level

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Black Griffon posted:

Yeah I guess I just sort of plopped that down like an ad. Having spent some time with it now, it's basically just a reskin down to nearly every detail, but considering I found P&E to be a hoot, that's not necessarily a bad thing. The actually interesting part of the game is the (gacha based) team building and combat. You play match 3 against various monsters and other players, where matching different colors deal damage and charge up hero abilities. Progress can be slow if you're not paying (which I never did with P&E and never plan to with this one), but in the way that you have a phone game you can pick up when you're bored, not in the way that it makes playing pointless.

It's still a gacha game that apes a lot of the aspects of your standard play store whale game though, so if you're not grabbed by the combat and the gameplay framing the combat repels you, it's probably gonna be a dud.

What's the best use of gold coins in puzzle combat? Got up to lvl 11 and still enjoying it

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

norp posted:

I think since you left shop Titans has added a couple of item tiers, item affinities (bonus for on-color enchants), some new events, collection book.

We do have a couple of idle people to drop, so we can work to make space for you.

If you join the discord in the post above we can math things out around your town hall investment level

Just did. If the math doesn't work out to get me in, that's fine.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

At risk of posting another early access game that no one outside of Australia can actually access...

I've been enjoying Idle Kingdom Clicker for a couple of months. It's basically like Adventure Capitalist had a baby with Settlers of Catan.

The game is an incremental idle game where you expand across a hex based map to exploit more land and find new resources. You start off just gathering and harvesting resources in order to make numbers go up and prestige for bigger numbers. As you progress you'll unlock governors, who you bribe into your kingdom using resources and then can place into settlements to give localised bonuses. The governors can be merged together to increase their skills or levelled up in academies, which allows for really interesting strategies into how to maximise your output. You also unlock research and there is a tech tree where you can unlock lots of different buildings to expand the game.

You unlock additional maps as you go which have different challenges to keep things interesting. It's currently under development right now and 5 maps are available.

It does have the 'use ads to boost model' so if you're allergic to that, be aware. Otherwise it's a really novel approach to the idle incremental genre.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Rapner posted:

At risk of posting another early access game that no one outside of Australia can actually access...

I've been enjoying Idle Kingdom Clicker for a couple of months. It's basically like Adventure Capitalist had a baby with Settlers of Catan.

The game is an incremental idle game where you expand across a hex based map to exploit more land and find new resources. You start off just gathering and harvesting resources in order to make numbers go up and prestige for bigger numbers. As you progress you'll unlock governors, who you bribe into your kingdom using resources and then can place into settlements to give localised bonuses. The governors can be merged together to increase their skills or levelled up in academies, which allows for really interesting strategies into how to maximise your output. You also unlock research and there is a tech tree where you can unlock lots of different buildings to expand the game.

You unlock additional maps as you go which have different challenges to keep things interesting. It's currently under development right now and 5 maps are available.

It does have the 'use ads to boost model' so if you're allergic to that, be aware. Otherwise it's a really novel approach to the idle incremental genre.

Works in Canada. I'll give it a shot thanks. Eww they redesigned the Play Store (webpage on PC).

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Rapner posted:

I apparently have played this before. I reinstalled it and it say Welcome back you have been away for 586 days...

And sure enough I have a level 30 game going. I remember playing it but don't really remember how to play it other than the basic click buy on upgrades and stuff.

Not sure if I should just clear cache and start from scratch. It took forever for it to get through all the warnings about all the stuff that has changed.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I remember playing this briefly a long time ago, I wonder if someone mentioned it here once before.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Rapner posted:

This game scratched the idle itch perfectly for me. Thank you!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

explosivo posted:

I remember playing this briefly a long time ago, I wonder if someone mentioned it here once before.

explosivo posted:

I was scrolling through the play store last night and found Idle Kingdom Clicker, seems like a decent enough early access idle game with a civlike look but maybe a bit simple. I looked it up today and apparently this game's been around for like 3 years. Also the last post on reddit about it was 6 months ago so it seems like maybe nobody is playing this anymore?

apparently it was you lol

i've downloaded it on and off for a few years now it's an okay time. my current number getting bigger game has been grimoire incremental, not real complex or overly fun but it's only got one iap and it's $5 to give you permanent 2.5x speed. I snagged it because i've played the thing for two weeks and figure that's worth the time. it doesn't sync with an online server or anything so you can just move your clock ahead a bit when you need to idle for a while

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ha jesus christ :shepface:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Idle kingdom clicker is pretty neat but I wish its microtransactions were a little more micro.

I would probably pay like 1-5 bux for a permanent no-ads upgrade but for some reason they want a recurring weekly payment for it!
It's sad that every mobile game nowadays wants to turn you into a permanent cashflow source, there's no more freemium "pay a couple of bucks to upgrade out of f2p mode" games.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Idle Kingdom trip report after a few days:

Note that I like Idle games. I like seeing my numbers go up. I like games with a well-tuned curve.

It starts a bit slow. Takes a while to get more things to do. Took me two days to realize I should be way more aggressive in my prestige-ing. Now I've finally unlocked the ability to research and I feel like I have enough knobs and switches to keep me entertained for a bit longer. I like the game so far. No doubt I'll get bored in a month, but that's idle games for you.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Currently playing idle kingdom as well it's scratching an itch for sure. I do agree that in many idle games when you're first starting you should be probably resetting at 2x to 5x production boost to get over the first hump.

FireDooley
Apr 30, 2013
Does anyone still play Afk Arena? I just downloaded it to give me something to check in on while at work, is there an SA guild?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

FireDooley posted:

Does anyone still play Afk Arena? I just downloaded it to give me something to check in on while at work, is there an SA guild?

You're better off asking here, but I doubt it honestly: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3904387&pagenumber=67#lastpost

Dislyte and Counterside (launching later today) are the new hotness.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Dislyte is made by the AFK Arena people and carries over a lot of the mechanics

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
The M:TG inspired League of Legends card game, Legends of Runeterra has a single player mode that they've been working on/reworking for a while now, and I think its currently in a pretty good spot and would recommend it.

It's nothing ground breaking, it's no Slay the Spire or anything, but if you wanted some single player MTG gauntlet roguelite action, with some out there stuff that would never fly in a real game then it's basically that.

There's some permanent progression, 12 unlockable champions/starting decks, and as far as I can tell, it's completely f2p. There's actually no way to give them money or bring cards in from the multiplayer game modes. Unexpected because this has clearly taken a good chunk of work. It's just a fun little thing they've made for free I guess.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm not big on mobile gaming but I used to play Puzzle and Dragons before because it actually had some good gameplay that was fairly in-depth, and also it had coop, but I discovered that it's EU servers were taken down or something.

Are there any similar games that also have coop?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I'm late to this but I bought the Sagrada app having never played Sagrada before. It's pretty fun!

You are given random colored dice and have to slot them into spaces on a board to complete a stained-glass window. It's $7 but had some credit built up from surveys and I've already lost some of it because I can never find stuff I want to spend it on. Also got it for 2 bux off through the Play Store.

It has multiplayer, ingle player vs AI, and also a solo mode.. Also has a daily challenge with leaderboard. Single player games with AI only take about 15-20 minutes once you get the logic of dice placement down.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 26, 2022

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Never heard of Netmarble.
Whats their scummy crap? I mean aside the insipid idiocy of incorporating NFT's and crypto to a loving gacha.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
what's their scummy crap other than their scummy crap?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Netmarble's whole business model is basically "Mobile Game Practices Everyone Hates".

They're notorius for getting an interesting game license (Star Wars, Gundam, King Of Fighters, Marvel Superheroes, a buncha weeb poo poo), inserting a bunch of gacha and microtransactions, doing something decent for a month or two and then going full P2W Hell until the game shuts down.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
All's I can say is beware the the ftp games that showcase a lot of art and voice assets because you're paying for those in one form or another

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Well, Diablo Immortal is finally out.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

explosivo posted:

Well, Diablo Immortal is finally out.

Apparently there's no server cross play. I think we're trying to figure out what server to roll on in the thread.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

m.hache posted:

Apparently there's no server cross play. I think we're trying to figure out what server to roll on in the thread.

Rolling on Town Portal.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I have no idea what server it threw me on on my first character on diablo, as the server selector doesn't show which server you have your character on, but I accepted all the rewards and probably on some random server with no one. Going to make a new person on Town Portal but sucks I lost out on all the free early stuff on a random server

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

m.hache posted:

Mind linking the thread?

Edit: I’m an idiot. Forgot about the mobile forum. Never mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Lmao

High FPS mode may reduce FPS