Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh wait, more trauma in Strange New Worlds, one of the new characters, La'an Noonian Singh, was the lone survivor of a Gorn attack on her colony. Her whole family was bisected and used as breeding sacks by the Gorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A GOON ATTACK?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Were they going for Elton John in the Hell dimension from Event Horizon ?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

PostNouveau posted:

Oh wait, more trauma in Strange New Worlds, one of the new characters, La'an Noonian Singh, was the lone survivor of a Gorn attack on her colony. Her whole family was bisected and used as breeding sacks by the Gorn.

Still cheaper than IVF

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Can we be done with the Noonian Soong/Singhs?

Is that pertinent to any plot in SNW?

It probably is.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

The Metrons and the Organians were centrist fence sitters who saw the Gorn and Klingons as equally nefarious as a voluntary collection of gay communist holofuckers.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Rob Zombie loving owns.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

There has been some reason to suspect someone who runs one of the RLM clip channels lurks here. If I'm right and you do, I would like to ask for the supercut of mike enjoying his fabulous wig in this vid

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Oh good I almost forgot about the turbolift fight where no one had any clue as to the scale of the ship so it was like a loving TARDIS

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

whats this crap.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i take no real stance on the statements just... what is this. whats going on.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm not sure if discord contains more inane stuff like that or grooming by volume. It's a close race

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

That DICK! posted:

i take no real stance on the statements just... what is this. whats going on.

I think this is what's known as trolling.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

What does Star Trek mean to you now?

*flashes pile of cash*

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he's so computerly advanced

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

henkman posted:

Wtf are butterfly tears

that's what I've been asking!!!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

It’s Mike’s name when he’s dressed up like that

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
This is dire.

Picard, but also the re:View. No wonder this is the last one.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Endless Trash posted:

It’s Mike’s name when he’s dressed up like that

weird name for a clown

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
I like the blood from the hairline effect. The Staircase has that and works for me like squibs

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Mike went all out with the editing, from the dissolves to the composites to the crosstalk to the goofy cutaways to the globe over Rich's head.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

Rick and Morty talk about Star Trek: Picard's emotional finale and embarrassing conclusion. What does it all means? How does they all get to the end of the show while having all the feels and crying butterfly tears? Finally! Patrick Stewart had his say in the direction of Star Trek. He got to act and have all the character moments he always wanted! The result: A turd the size of the moon fell on my face. He rubbed his old poo poo in my mouth and told me that Picard's mother hanging herself was this moment in his past that made his character not have all the feels and cry butterfly tears all these years later. WOW! What a deep, complex emotional story! I farted butterfly farts! I had to watch the whole season while wearing diapers because I was making GBS threads blood.

Andro Dunos posted:

Mike went all out with the editing, from the dissolves to the composites to the crosstalk to the goofy cutaways to the globe over Rich's head.

His magnum opus

He should break his hands so he's never tempted to make a lesser work

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Andro Dunos posted:

gotta put out the effort for the final review of nu trek

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
these guys dont know about spacex launching their poo poo from vandenberg?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Huge respect to mike for making jay watch the ep and not including any of his comments or reactions in particular

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
The sly looks at each other when Mike correct and specifically called it out with that stupid space speech poo poo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Kill All Cops posted:

these guys dont know about spacex launching their poo poo from vandenberg?

He says they launch from the equator because of gravity.

IDK if you noticed, but scientist man is not a bit

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
so i watched the northman. it was just ok. obviously the location and cinematography was great. which characters was i supposed to care about though? i think people must be thirsty for movies. it's definitely my least favorite eggers movie and i think the green knight did the old timey sword drama better.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sunk Dunk posted:

so i watched the northman. it was just ok. obviously the location and cinematography was great. which characters was i supposed to care about though?

the northman

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Cubone posted:

the northman

specifically Willem Dafoe

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I watched DC Showcase: Constantine and the House of Mystery (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxLADk4fi3o

A compilation of animated shorts, less than 20 minutes each, featuring fan-favorites like Kamandi, the Last Boy on Earth, the Blue Beetle, "Mile-a-Minute Jones", and of course John Constantine from the famous Keanu Reeves movie. Also featuring heavy-hitters like The Spectre, and The Question! Comics royalty, people! I definitely know and love these names!

They're "ok", very pulpy stories. The Kamandi short uses Kirby-style drawings for the animation, which I thought was cool. The Blue Beetle tries to ape the old Spider-Man cartoons with a little more modern comedic dialogue thrown in.

The Constantine short is set after the previous DC film about Apokolips, which I didn't watch, so I have no loving idea what's going on. Also, it's pretty dark compared to the rest of the shorts, which are slightly edgier Saturday morning cartoons, while the Constantine story has tons of gore and at least an implication of sex. Weird choices here. In a way, I appreciate the experimentation, wish they'd have the balls to make a full feature with one of these obscure characters (I did enjoy the Kamandi idea, it's basically Fallout).

I don't know if I would recommend this, but any comics/animation dork has already watched it, so :shrug:

I award this 2.5 Comfys out of 5, and a random factoid about how Isaac Newton might have been inspired to study unseen forces by a few "magical and obscure" texts, and how he held a grudge with Leibnitz even after Leibnitz's death, so he was quite grumpy, and all this makes me wonder if John Constantine might be good at calculus

PostNouveau posted:

Well the only thing for you to do is watch Star Trek Picard, I suppose

Haha, no

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
splicing in picard picard and TNG picard is :discourse:

wonder why Q went to all that effort using the last of his power for Picard poo poo instead of exploring Gamma quadrant with Vash or something

Sunk Dunk posted:

so i watched the northman. it was just ok. obviously the location and cinematography was great. which characters was i supposed to care about though? i think people must be thirsty for movies. it's definitely my least favorite eggers movie and i think the green knight did the old timey sword drama better.

GK did the fantastical stuff better but I like the historical accuracy of Northman and the long sweeping shots

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

At least the Orville is coming back soon for probably the last time, that might be good Trek

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Kill All Cops posted:

wonder why Q went to all that effort using the last of his power for Picard poo poo instead of exploring Gamma quadrant with Vash or something

If I knew I was dying soon I would rather spend it chilling with the love of my life than globe trotting with some bimbo!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

If I knew I was dying soon I would rather spend it chilling with the love of my life

So that's why Rich is doing these re:Views

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
probably shouldn’t have shotgunned the four preceding episodes, this just felt like a really drunk dirge

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think the ultimate pleasure of the picard rambles as a whole is the buddha spirit of rich evans largely holding fast against a roiling sea of torment. In this regard they are the rare somewhat inspirational content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Strange New Worlds has this same problem. Episode 2 starts with 10 minutes about Pike being traumatized about his fate (again) and apparently Uhura is an orphan.

Then they do a Star Trek episode where a comet is gonna destroy a planet full of people but advanced aliens are protecting it because they think it's like a prophet of god that always does the right thing and the Enterprise has to divert its path under their nose with the threat of them being destroyed if they get caught. And they do save the say and divert the comet without the aliens knowing, and the aliens smugly call up and go "See, comet god works in mysterious ways" and Pike just has to eat their poo poo and go like "yeah wow what a miracle".

Good Star Trek episode! It's like the someone gave Kurtzman a swirlie until he agreed to do episodic Star Trek and he was like "ok ok ok only 20% of it will be cliched emotional poo poo"

I'm rubbing my eyes and blinking in disbelief reading this. secular heresy? In myyy star trek??? what about FAITH and HOPE