Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Pththya-lyi posted:

I dunno, having someone take care of you and contribute to your longevity seems like a pretty good deal

so your saying i screwed myself getting married? i could die faster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
No, definitely get married. You get to live that extra 20 years right now in the prime of your life, it's definitely not 20 extra years tacked on to the end of the worst part of life.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Ghost Leviathan posted:

As a token straight dude among friend groups who are entirely somewhere on the queer spectrum, trust me, they don't care. Unless you're into some really hosed up poo poo.

Unless you're surrounded by old school tumblr style opportunistic piranhas I guess, but those aren't friends.

But what if you want to grill, or listen to metal??

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Bismuth posted:

But what if you want to grill, or listen to metal??

If you have some very understanding gay friends they might put up with that, I guess. But really you should try to be less straight - at least in public.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Literally no one judges you for being straight or cis. If you feel otherwise, that is due to something else, likely your personality or just good ol’ crippling anxiety.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/1526034149546639361

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

It turns red. The gently caress.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wish someone would send this man to the moon forever

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Modern action direction largely sucks, and Yeoh and Li are pretty old for stunts.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Hollandia posted:

Modern action direction largely sucks, and Yeoh and Li are pretty old for stunts.

That's from 2008, it's entirely on the director, dp, or fight choreographer. I'm pretty sure they've both made films with much better fights since then.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I’m not sure if the man is a raging alcoholic or anything but I will say I saw him speak live once and he was clearly shitfaced, immediately took off his shoes on stage, and the rest of the lecture was him wandering around and ranting about nerd space poo poo in his socks, which was definitely a surreal experience worth the price of admission

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Skwirl posted:

That's from 2008, it's entirely on the director, dp, or fight choreographer. I'm pretty sure they've both made films with much better fights since then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHZFs-XxQak

All the fights are like that. It’s very bad.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

he's no longer treated like a modern Sagan, right? Because this jackass is 100% the opposite. Always comes off as a giant obtuse and smug nerd, instead of a someone amazed at the universe who wants you to love and understand it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rockman Reserve posted:

I’m not sure if the man is a raging alcoholic or anything but I will say I saw him speak live once and he was clearly shitfaced, immediately took off his shoes on stage, and the rest of the lecture was him wandering around and ranting about nerd space poo poo in his socks, which was definitely a surreal experience worth the price of admission

That sounds really funny as an adult, but I feel like a Neil deGrasse Tyson live appearance is gonna have a lot of kids who are super into astronomy in the audience

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Coolness Averted posted:

he's no longer treated like a modern Sagan, right? Because this jackass is 100% the opposite. Always comes off as a giant obtuse and smug nerd, instead of a someone amazed at the universe who wants you to love and understand it.

He's basically the SMBC Evil Carl Sagan now.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Skwirl posted:

That sounds really funny as an adult, but I feel like a Neil deGrasse Tyson live appearance is gonna have a lot of kids who are super into astronomy in the audience

eh it was hosted at a college, started at 8 or 9 pm and had a pretty adult ticket price, idk

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Coolness Averted posted:

For real, most of his tweets are or border on "how dare you be impressed by this world, it's all so mundane!!"

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Ok that's a good point, in my initial mental calculation 2008 wasn't very long ago (turns out it was).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nazi Nick Fuentes update.

https://twitter.com/nickmartin/status/1526109897913380864?s=20&t=fIGpXxV5BrQX50JrlRcKSg

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016
Way back but:
https://twitter.com/dot_aif/status/1525894620781039616

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
That is just beautiful.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Has anyone ever internet poisoned themselves quite as much as Nick Fuentes? I thought Baked Alaska had the biggest dose but I think he might have a legit developmental issue

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Coolness Averted posted:

I've seen him speaking live, and he was 100% the opposite of his Twitter persona. I doubt there would be anywhere near as much animosity if he weren't allowed anywhere near social media.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bargearse posted:

I've seen him speaking live, and he was 100% the opposite of his Twitter persona. I doubt there would be anywhere near as much animosity if he weren't allowed anywhere near social media.

People loved him when he was just doing science tv specials or being a talk show guest.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

At least twice a year we're bombarded with headlines reading "Once in a thousand year eclipse this weekend! Don't miss it!" and it's universally just the moon being tinted vaguely orange. gently caress lunar eclipses. I'm with Neil.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Beartaco posted:

At least twice a year we're bombarded with headlines reading "Once in a thousand year eclipse this weekend! Don't miss it!" and it's universally just the moon being tinted vaguely orange. gently caress lunar eclipses. I'm with Neil.

Well gently caress you too

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
My main moon beef is there's always a headline on just about any new site these days about "Check out the Super Bacon Tricolor Alligator Moon this month!", "This month you can see the Double Paste Yellow Serpent Mojo Moon!", "One Weird Trick To Make Sure You Can See the Crimson Deathfist Emotion Aardvark rear end-Dimples Moon this month! Astrologers HATE it.".

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
The moon is cool, I've been watching a lot for witchcraft, and it's always nice to just chill out high on shrooms watching it.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Moon is one of the best rocks imo. it does it’s best

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Boba Pearl posted:

and it's always nice to just chill out high on shrooms watching it.

Hell yeah

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
And please don't get me wrong, I think the moon's rad as poo poo. I just think we should let it stand on its own merits instead of handing out participation trophies to our celestial bodies whenever they so much as glance at one another.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Moon's haunted

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Crimson Deathfist Emotion Aardvark rear end-Dimples Moon this month! Astrologers HATE it.".

stupid sexy moon

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Really the only time the Moon does something special is in June, when it briefly becomes a big balloon

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
you're playing wrong if you don't go lunar calendar in Humanity

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Madkal posted:

Wasn't there some poo poo going on in western Africa with Nestle trying to purposely get parents to get babies onto formula by bad mouthing breastfeeding. Looks like there was.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nes...keting%20rules.

I've found a lot of people who've been boycotting Nestlé for decades (as I have) now don't even remember why, but it's so easy to do it doesn't really matter. Easy, that is, until they get a baby or a dog or cat. (Not because of baby formula here, but because they've bought both Bona and Piltti and I honestly don't even know of any other Finnish baby food brands.)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Just rolling my eyes at people who aren't like Chinese poet Li Bai who loved the moon so much he drowned himself trying to save it from the lake

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Lunacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Literally no one judges you for being straight or cis. If you feel otherwise, that is due to something else, likely your personality or just good ol’ crippling anxiety.

If you're hanging out with trans people we will tease the gently caress out of you for it though (in a joking we love you manner, being cis is fine).