Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yah they really should gut bethesda and give the resources to obsidian.

Also pare id back to 5 nerds in a basement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I will continue to demand ports of Doom RPG and demakes of Doom 4 and 5 into the Doom 2 engine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished Tunic. Best indie game of the year by far. It was amazing. Favorite Legend of Zelda game ever.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

Bethesda is actually worse than Ubisoft imo because Ubisoft games look bad and are bad and feel bad, but Bethesda games are just close enough to being cool (if you squint) that I keep telling myself The Modders Can Fix It and waste my time trying to make it a fun game lol.

spending 4 hours downloading and installing mods only to stop playing after an hour for the win

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
So uh I can just install and delete poo poo right? The SSD isn't going to eat poo poo?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Disposable Scud posted:

So uh I can just install and delete poo poo right? The SSD isn't going to eat poo poo?

Nothing to remotely worry about

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Bethesda is actually worse than Ubisoft imo

sorry you are a dumbass but it’s true, with this statement.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Disposable Scud posted:

On an industrial scale?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

No unfortunately you can't delete stuff off an SSD or it will catch fire. it's kind of the trade off you have to make when switching from a platter drive. Don't worry though if you fill it up with too many games you can get a new one for under $200 and replace it fairly easily by taking the entire Xbox apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE3_iEHl1yQ

Make sure to call Xbox support to find your nearest containment center after you do this because the old one will usually explode within a few days without proper disposal.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The two last posts on the previous page may be the worst posts I have ever read in videogames forums.

I hear Sniper Elite 5 is coming out in a couple of weeks on game pass, curious about trying out that one but I'm not hearing much about it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quantum of Phallus posted:

sorry you are a dumbass but it’s true, with this statement.

im at least capable of realizing what flavor of fail aids can trap my retard brain

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

John F Bennett posted:

The two last posts on the previous page may be the worst posts I have ever read in videogames forums.

I hear Sniper Elite 5 is coming out in a couple of weeks on game pass, curious about trying out that one but I'm not hearing much about it.

snipers don’t generally announce their presence you absolute fool

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Disposable Scud posted:

Modern SSDs are designed to handle NAND cells being rewritten and replaced for a very long time, using wear levelling and a lot of reserve NAND. The lifetime on a PC is about 10 years now from casual use. Your Xbox is going to be using it far less.

Also deleting stuff by itself doesn't contribute to this, as deleting files on your average filesystem just marks the sectors as unused but leaves the actual data intact (this is why you can undelete files). It's only when new stuff is written that the data is then replaced (if it even gets back to those sectors).

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Disposable Scud posted:

Make sure you completely fill up the SSD first and then delete everything off of it before installing anything new, otherwise it develops the memory effect and won’t have as much capacity as before

(This is a joke, go wild with installing/deleting whatever)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Thank you, Phil Spencer!

quote:

Also, players who have previously purchased the digital version of select games from the original PlayStation and PSP generation will not have to make a separate purchase or sign up to PlayStation Plus to play these titles on PS4 or PS5. When these titles are released for PS4 and PS5, players can head to PlayStation Store and download a version for the consoles at no extra cost if they already own the digital version of the title.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i could also do that with the PS Vita with PS3 purchases and i didn't have to wait for them to be released on PS Plus

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Legit don't know how you could play DQXI and not at least like it unless you just don't like the genre or video games in general. It's so good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's a very charm-based game so if you don't like the atmosphere that's it, I guess.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I think if I was a different person I'd like it more. I think I would have really loved it if I was like 10 years old.

It also needes more than the one song.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I tried DQ11 but then I remembered that I actually don't like JRPG's.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

I tried DQ11 but then I remembered that I actually don't like JRPG's.

Same. It seemed nice though. Music was cool and the graphics were incredible on switch. Only JRPG I’ve ever loved was the goat Chrono trigger

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I must’ve had more patience as a kid because I loved all those PS1 final fantasy games, but every JRPG bores me instantly now. Chrono trigger probably the goat though

Is that trek to yomi game any good? It’s on gamepass

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
They've clearly put money into this unlike the Nick game. This actually looks pretty sweet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ1oXozcOto

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lammasu posted:

They've clearly put money into this unlike the Nick game. This actually looks pretty sweet.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GamesMasterAnthony is series x enhanced

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The bugs bunny model/voice is all kinds of hosed up in that WB thing, but the rest look ok.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Lammasu posted:

How can you tell? Is there actual gameplay footage somewhere?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

John F Bennett posted:

I am done with those developers. After Zombie Army 4 had THREE 30 dollar season passes I said gently caress this. They added a total of 9 levels and it got to the point where the DLC stuff was all anyone played, which meant I couldn't ever join a game again.

It sucks because I really liked Strange Brigade and ZA. Anyways thanks everyone for the SSD info.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

External Organs posted:

Ragin' Shaggy was cool, but it might as well be a match-three game of puzzle bullshit with just a CGI trailer.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

sniper elite games were always pretty bad. It was less sniper elite and more "traverse this smallish map with a SMG to find an extremely contrived sniper spot so you can shoot a nazi general in the balls"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sounds great

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

It was fun the first time

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

External Organs posted:

Voice acting. They got more of the Original VAs. That's Kevin Conroy.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

priznat posted:

"traverse this smallish map with a SMG to find an extremely contrived sniper spot so you can shoot a nazi general in the balls"

I’m in!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Somebody likes those sniper games, they’ve made enough of em

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

For fun sniping the hitman minigame addons are way better imo. I want them to make more of those!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1526247655185256451?s=21&t=2ZZ6fsLNYT7CdbDZPB_ANw

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

oooh does it have split screen support

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

For fun sniping the hitman minigame addons are way better imo. I want them to make more of those!

I was impressed at the depth of those levels. Actually storylines to follow and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Hiding a body in the bushes with a well timed sniper shot that sends their lifeless body flying ftw.