Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

thehoodie posted:

I'm so excited for the Battle of Alberta

thinking of Hand Knit having to read the next two weeks of posts like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzoVSBSVwFU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Ginette Reno posted:

I'm pretty much here as well. Don't hate the Rangers. I'll even root for them against anyone in the East that is not Florida. gently caress Tampa getting a threepeat because then Wonderllama gets to say they're better than the Pens and I can't stand for that.

It’s true. I will be insufferable.

And my posting salvo will be Dog_GIFesque.

That’s the wonderllama posting experience.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

honestly I remember generally having more insane feuds with Ottawa and Montreal (mainly because Stab is typically the Connor McDavid of awful playoff posters). i hope Ottawa gets good again and meets the Leafs in the second round. you guys have a lot of pent up energy and LAS is too morbid in the first round. i think a second rounder would be great entertainment

Whoa

Thats a badge of honor sir, although I'm a poo poo poster all season long tbh

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Preemptive gently caress the Flames etc

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Preemptive gently caress the Flames etc

eat my poo poo, yada yada

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Abner Assington posted:

Counterpoint: gently caress every single New York sports team—even the sports I don't watch or particularly care about.

Knicks? gently caress 'em. Giants? gently caress 'em. Red Bulls (:lol:)? gently caress 'em.

gently caress all of them. gently caress New York as a concept.

Are you talking about the New Jersey Giants? Because there is only one NFL team in New York State.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Happy with the results from yesterday, but gotta feel a bit of sadness for players dealing with the one-two punch of losing a series and also having to go home to Dallas :smith:

I really don't see the Rangers beating the Hurricanes though, as much as I don't want DeAngelo to have any success ever, I can't shake it'll be over in 5

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Actually on topic:

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1526067633912795142?s=21&t=V86pm8mo4sZR_5-MCAheKA

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I get to go to bed before midnight 2 nights in a row? hallelujah

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

thinking of Hand Knit having to read the next two weeks of posts like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzoVSBSVwFU

:laugh:

We're all too old for that now.

(I'll probably be banned by game 3)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Good old NHL booking Tampa/Panthers so I believe 6 of the 7 games clash with the Heat and we have a b2b game because of a concert in Tampa. All of which could’ve been avoided if we had the Wednesday start.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Koopa Kid posted:

You know, I might just hate every single team and city in North America
As a Reds fan too, my sports nihilism this summer is at its peak. At least F1 is off to a good start.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Are you talking about the New Jersey Giants? Because there is only one NFL team in New York State.
I always forget they don't actually play in NYC :doh:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

EL BROMANCE posted:

Good old NHL booking Tampa/Panthers so I believe 6 of the 7 games clash with the Heat and we have a b2b game because of a concert in Tampa. All of which could’ve been avoided if we had the Wednesday start.

Back to back playoff games sounds awesome, I love injuries

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

If you watched the Miami series and the Boston series I wouldn't worry about there being 6 games. The NHL may have accidentally made a good decision, I honestly would choose the Battle of Florida over Miami putting up 30 pts in a half

Also Abner Assington: Free Votto

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

i tried to be open-minded about this but the Pens had 4 more power-plays and had the two biggest decisions of the series go for them in critical times, both on calls that could have gone either way (Kakko and Guentzel). i don't think that was it. chance + having to play their third string was more the factor.

Both of those decisions were reviewed and went the Pens way, but they were called and the Kakko one was overturned of the on ice call. That's the rule. You can't steam through the crease and wipe the goalie. If it makes you feel better that's very likely (IMO) where DeSmith got mega hurt and proved pivotal for the Rangers winning.

Rakell getting head shot and being turned from 5 to 2 went the Rangers way, elbowing Crosby went uncalled with no supplementary discipline, the cross check board on Evan Rodrigues is another massive no call for reasons that will forever vex me....to tack the roughing penalty on of it is extremely lol. Then with Zibanejad straight removing Pettersson's helmet is another no call on top of a series full of no calls. That the ref also decides in the OT we're going to remember how to call holding (yes it's a hold. no they didn't call the zillion other holds occurring by both teams throughout the basically entirety of the game) just piles on top of that poo poo cake.

Yeah the Pens benefitted from 2 reviews. New York massively benefitted from BECASUE IT'S THE CUP shithousery which can't be changed. Woo congrats. Sucks poo poo. If New York was on the opposite side of all those no calls I'm sure you'd be super chill :jerkbag: . I don't know how far this team could have gone, but between all of the extremely questionable refereeing and Louis Domingue being worst goalie in the playoffs it really loving sucks to go out like that.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Getting 4 more power plays also doesnt mean that the refs were biased one way. It could also mean that one team was fouling more and still didnt get called enough for it.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

It's always funnier when Canadian teams lose, but good good that Stars team was an abomination and I don't think I could tolerate watching them anymore. Good thing they locked up Pavelski for one more year instead of moving him at the deadline.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It turns out that this works

https://i.imgur.com/AW6SFZO.mp4

Can't argue with results

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

It turns out that this works

https://i.imgur.com/AW6SFZO.mp4

Can't argue with results

I would say this is Mennoknight but I know he's too old to be that. But this is how I imagine him typing at his computer

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

I would say this is Mennoknight but I know he's too old to be that. But this is how I imagine him typing at his computer

Don't be absurd.

He types with one hand, churns butter with the other.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Louis Domingue being worst goalie in the playoffs it really loving sucks to go out like that.

Remember way back when it was 3-1 and everybody loved Spicy pork and broccoli :downs:

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Simplex posted:

It's always funnier when Canadian teams lose, but good good that Stars team was an abomination and I don't think I could tolerate watching them anymore.

Rick Bowness is a terrorist.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Pretty stoked we get two regional rivalry matchups this round in Tampa vs Florida and Calgary vs Edmonton. I hope those series whip rear end and at least one player dies on the ice.

CobwebMustardseed
Apr 8, 2011

And some said he would just be a shell of his former self upon his return.

The Dirty Burger posted:

Remember way back when it was 3-1 and everybody loved Spicy pork and broccoli :downs:

I still love spicy pork and broccoli. Domingue stepped into an impossible situation and did the best he could. It doesn’t change the fact that he’s a third string goalie. But how many other teams’ third stringers would be able to get their team to OT in game 7? Louis Domingue turning out not to be an elite tier goalie isn’t shocking, we knew that all along. I still think what he did was really awesome.

Edit: whoops this is not the loser thread. I’ll see myself out.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

CobwebMustardseed posted:

I still love spicy pork and broccoli. Domingue stepped into an impossible situation and did the best he could. It doesn’t change the fact that he’s a third string goalie. But how many other teams’ third stringers would be able to get their team to OT in game 7? Louis Domingue turning out not to be an elite tier goalie isn’t shocking, we knew that all along. I still think what he did was really awesome.

Edit: whoops this is not the loser thread. I’ll see myself out.

Absolutely hats off to Domingue. Dude did everything he could.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Matt Zerella posted:

watches the puck hit his blocker and flutter into the net to lose game 6 :( turns out his everything was AHL level who knew.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

I know he was often out of position and definitely looked like a 3rd string goalie BUT he had some great moments. The numbers will prolly prove me wrong but I feel like he did way better than expected.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

rex rabidorum vires posted:

watches the puck hit his blocker and flutter into the net to lose game 6 :( turns out his everything was AHL level who knew.

I know you're still mad so go off but I hope you had a bacon egg and cheese sandwich this morning, and flukey goals happen sometimes, it sucks. But Domingue stood on his head on more than one occasion.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

tarps were off last night here in ottawa boys cheerin on my boys but i support these boys doing their voodoo curse

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

mennoknight posted:

tarps were off last night here in ottawa boys cheerin on my boys but i support these boys doing their voodoo curse

I don't think they need to curse Mike Smith, but I support their trying.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

https://twitter.com/erikssonsburner/status/1526066803062996992

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Pretty stoked we get two regional rivalry matchups this round in Tampa vs Florida and Calgary vs Edmonton. I hope those series whip rear end and at least one player dies on the ice.

I'd rather it be a player in the Canes-Rangers series

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Eric the Mauve posted:

*monkey's paw curls* Kaapo Kakko suffers anaphylactic shock from inhaling Panarin fumes.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Alberta is more Canada's Texas than Canada's Florida, but trash either way.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Eric the Mauve posted:

We all know who...

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

We all know who...

Yeah that fucker Sebastian Aho. It’s a Highlander “there can only be one” situation.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Canes Aho is a badass and a legit superstar. Every time I watch them I'm impressed how good he is on both ends of the ice. He is absolutely the guy the Rangers are going to target with their elbows.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

grack posted:

Alberta is more Canada's Texas than Canada's Florida, but trash either way.

Interior BC has to share some of the blame

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Isentropy posted:

Also Abner Assington: Free Votto
My hope is that a contender picks him up during the deadline so he has a shot at a ring since the Reds have spent the majority of the last 15 years pissing away his career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
happy to keep posting here, as a ranger fan, and laugh at the penguins guy who keeps crying