Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I listened to the death tapes from episode 4 of the Transmissions from Jonestown podcast, and in addition to completely losing my mind :crackping: I really noticed how similar Jones’ speech patterns are to the way Trump speaks.

Particularly:

quote:

Now what’s going to happen here in a matter of a few minutes is that one of those people on that plane is gonna — gonna shoot the pilot. I know that. I didn’t plan it, but I know it’s going to happen.

and

quote:

I tried to give it to you. I’ve laid down my life, practically. I’ve practically died every day to give you peace. And you still not have any peace. You look better than I’ve seen you in a long while, but it’s still not the kind of peace that I wanted to give you. A person’s a fool who continues to say that they’re winning when you’re losing. Win one, lose two.

These passages stuck out to me because it’s the same kind of exaggerated humility and prescience-with-deniability thing that trump does in his rallies sometimes. And then I realized there were less children crying in the background :smith:

Also, I didn’t realize how similar the antagonist and his cult in Far Cry 4 are to Jonestown. The glasses, loudspeakers broadcasting all day to cultists working in fields, the drugs, casual ultra-violence and hazing, I thought it was exaggerated. I might need to wait a week before I try episode 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

animist posted:

unrelated: what was up with Obama's relative being CIA? I can't find a link to that

His mom was cia and his presidency was payback for her helping coup a country, Indonesia or w/e

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Futanari Damacy posted:

You're having more fun doing the strawman thing but I don't think the premise is "coronavirus in the vape juice", it's "coronavirus-type ailments were misattributed to tainted vape carts"- i.e., the carts were likely not tainted at all and it was the virus loving up their lungs

(In any case, anyone opening with "so you're saying X" is just classic bad faith misunderstanding to create a lovely derail)

Nah you completely misread my post. I wasn't implying what you said (bolded above), I was implying what I clarified (bolded below). The only derail is 5g which was someone's joke.

maxwellhill posted:

So you're saying Honey Cut was the misdirection psyop thrown together by actors to sell vape carts that someone tainted (edit: with vitamin E acetate) for them?

edit: Only to be investigated, just in time for it all to be the easiest media explaination for the same symptoms of a bioweapon leak that someone needed to keep under wraps for longer, at least until it could get smuggled close enough to the WIV at the military Olympics?

Your post, rather, is correct (those kids had COVID) and was good opportunity to further say that the whole EVALI story might have been a cover operation. If I were trying to keep an outbreak from being noticed I would put some vitamin E in some carts and then stir up a media scare about those carts and that chemical. Now for the rest of 2019 no one will question why else there's a pneumonia outbreak among the young. Nor will authorities notice cases among the elderly since pneumonia isn't as rare among them anyway, and no one will be looking for elderly cases in the first place due to the popular framing about vapes.

e: dumping covid at the WIV's doorstep later would have had the added bonus of discrediting the WIV, a rival country's lab that was perhaps the most likely institution to discover the outbreak's true origin. Despite all that reputational harm the WIV is still at the forefront of Long-COVID research today.

maxwellhill has issued a correction as of 05:42 on May 15, 2022

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

500excf type r posted:

His mom was cia and his presidency was payback for her helping coup a country, Indonesia or w/e

more than just his mom his dad was in a cia exchange program for african leaders

Lost Time
Sep 28, 2012

All necessities, provided. All anxieties, tranquilized. All boredom, amused.

Real hurthling! posted:

more than just his mom his dad was in a cia exchange program for african leaders

So mom, dad, stepdad:

https://twitter.com/FuckTERFs10/status/1474041517274800137

And wasn't his grandma involved with some shady bank that was a CIA money laundering front on the island? That side of the family definitely always had money.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
not sure if this belongs in here or in the Modern History thread but does anyone have any background on assassination attempts against Gerald Ford?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

What's a source on Obama's parents being CIA?

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
For that and questions about anyone else, using in-thread search here is often quite effective. Everything has been in it

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

500excf type r posted:

Obama is a metal-gear-solid-2 type "clone placed in the presidency" and they also placed one in COINCIDENTALLY indonesia but I'm still researching what individual the DNA originally came from

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

started listening to true anon "it's not like they can kill him" lol
Lmao

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

maxwellhill posted:

Nah you completely misread my post. I wasn't implying what you said (bolded above), I was implying what I clarified (bolded below). The only derail is 5g which was someone's joke.

Your post, rather, is correct (those kids had COVID) and was good opportunity to further say that the whole EVALI story might have been a cover operation. If I were trying to keep an outbreak from being noticed I would put some vitamin E in some carts and then stir up a media scare about those carts and that chemical. Now for the rest of 2019 no one will question why else there's a pneumonia outbreak among the young. Nor will authorities notice cases among the elderly since pneumonia isn't as rare among them anyway, and no one will be looking for elderly cases in the first place due to the popular framing about vapes.

e: dumping covid at the WIV's doorstep later would have had the added bonus of discrediting the WIV, a rival country's lab that was perhaps the most likely institution to discover the outbreak's true origin. Despite all that reputational harm the WIV is still at the forefront of Long-COVID research today.

can you guys take this garbage back to the covid thread so we can continue to discuss the epstein deep state extended universe in here

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
was listening to the latest programmed to chill and was wondering if we should add Aberration in the Heartland of the Real: The Secret Lives of Timothy McVeigh to the reading list.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

The_Rob posted:

was listening to the latest programmed to chill and was wondering if we should add Aberration in the Heartland of the Real: The Secret Lives of Timothy McVeigh to the reading list.
Do a word search of the thread for opinions.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Can't find the clip of Jesse Ventura saying Obama was CIA anymore.

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
https://www.bidenlaptopemails.com/

I can't believe no one has posted this yet, but :getin:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

The_Rob posted:

Having read it, I say yes. It's good

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Did hunter really forget for months to pick up his laptop and then a geek squad guy somehow broke into it and found out it was hunter's and then sent it to the New York post? or is that bullshit and some group just stole it from him somehow, like maybe hacking into his computer and downloading all the contents, or maybe someone posed as a sex worker to do crack with hunter and then they stole the laptop from his house, and the repair guy breaking into it and stealing it is just a cover story?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Who would do such a thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b71f2eYdTc

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i mean yeah if it's an intelligence agency then russia seems the most likely followed by some pro-trump cell in US intelligence

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I'm not sure Hunter himself could tell you what happened tbh

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I'm not sure Hunter himself could tell you what happened tbh

I'm sure he treats laptops like disposable notepads. Why would a rich failson take care of anything?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I'm sure he treats laptops like disposable notepads. Why would a rich failson take care of anything?

yeah I know people are like "it's a laptop! it's impossible that he'd be that careless", but, well...

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

hot date tonight! posted:

Has anyone posted this fuckin' weird new army ad yet? Because it sure is something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA4e0NqyYMw

just had an only partially brain-snapped coworker send me this video this morning saying "what in the gently caress" and all I could say was "oh hahah wow that's wild". send prayers that I'm not ranting about Jolly West to the HR department before the day is out

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

just had an only partially brain-snapped coworker send me this video this morning saying "what in the gently caress" and all I could say was "oh hahah wow that's wild". send prayers that I'm not ranting about Jolly West to the HR department before the day is out

*sits down at HR meeting* So. You alphabet soup agency fucks have finally come for me, eh?

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

Did hunter really forget for months to pick up his laptop and then a geek squad guy somehow broke into it and found out it was hunter's and then sent it to the New York post? or is that bullshit and some group just stole it from him somehow, like maybe hacking into his computer and downloading all the contents, or maybe someone posed as a sex worker to do crack with hunter and then they stole the laptop from his house, and the repair guy breaking into it and stealing it is just a cover story?

as long as your hard drive isn't encrypted it's incredibly easy to get into a laptop or at least accessing the hard drive data. I know of a way to get into at least 99% of windows logins as long as the hdd is not encrypted with bitlocker

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Shear Modulus posted:

Allegedly the blind repairman reached out to a bunch of different people, the White House etc. and Rudy Giuliani was the only person to respond lol

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Which is just loving dumb and unbelievable.

There's literal lost and found stickers on most secure equipment just in case a finder wants to offload it back to it's handlers.

Also remember this stolen laptop?

https://www.cnn.com/2017/03/17/politics/missing-secret-service-laptop/index.html

quote:

Also stolen were the agent's lapel assignment pins that gave her access to security details that protected Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, the pope and the United Nations General Assembly.

The laptop and pins were in a backpack that was taken from the car, which was parked in the agent's driveway.

Oh poo poo wrong one

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2000-apr-22-mn-22202-story.html

APRIL 22, 2000 posted:

If the laptop was stolen for the information it contained about the spread of sophisticated weapon technology, the theft would represent one of the most serious single losses of classified information ever by the United States, said a source familiar with the case.

Several sources in the department said that Secretary of State Madeleine Albright is “furious” about the security lapse and is once again considering the transfer of responsibility for top-secret information from the Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR) to the Bureau of Diplomatic Security.

Within the State Department, INR handles all government intelligence reports classified as “sensitive compartmented information,” while diplomatic security handles less-sensitive documents with lower levels of classification. The laptop contained “code word” information, a classification higher than top secret.

Many State Department security officers, members of Congress and other government intelligence officials have been asking why sensitive information about the spread of missile technology and nuclear, chemical and biological weapons was stored in a portable laptop instead of a fixed desktop computer.

Hmmm sounds a lot like some outcry about someone's emails!

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 18:54 on May 16, 2022

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

why would a secret service agent have anything related to proliferation on their laptop? seems a bit out of their lane

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Fury (1978) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fury_(film) is a fun thread themed movie. Managing to mix cia false flags in the Middle East, epstein style man/women child manipulation teams, and Project Stargate all into one enjoyable movie.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Trabisnikof posted:

The Fury (1978) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fury_(film) is a fun thread themed movie. Managing to mix cia false flags in the Middle East, epstein style man/women child manipulation teams, and Project Stargate all into one enjoyable movie.

I appreciated the vibe but also it's got that 70s thing where it's 3 hours long and basically a mini movie with Kirk Douglas flexing at the beginning. The Visitor with Lance Henrikson is another good one though, like a dark twin to Close Encounters. Lots of good Italian gialli/police films too with Years of Lead/Gladio context.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

pretty stoked for this to come out

https://trineday.com/collections/upcoming-releases/products/one-nation-under-blackmail

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

:w00t:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...arch-department

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1526420665661804545?s=20&t=dzVPGIcH68yp5PqOtmZOcg

but it definitely stopped right!?!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
where's that media criticism thread

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

New Chapo is wild.

In a more serious episode, we talk to author and journalist Nick Bryant about his 2009 book “The Franklin Scandal: A Story of Powerbrokers, Child Abuse & Betrayal.” We’ve mentioned the Franklin Credit Union scandal in passing on the show before, but it begins with the collapse of the Franklin Credit Union in Omaha, Nebraska in 1988 due to rampant corruption and embezzlement of its manager, Lawrence E. King, Jr. Soon after, King was accused, along with GOP lobbyist Craig Spence, of orchestrating a massive child prostitution ring, shuttling minors between Omaha and D.C., and using their solicitation to blackmail high ranking political figures. Bryant’s work examines the evidence behind this, and we discuss the scandal, the victims, the cover up, intelligence agency connections of its perpetrators, and the crucial links between intelligence-led sexual political blackmail operations of the past with the Epstein case today.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
it’s from chapo? limited hangout

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
yeah I know I want to hang out with my friends for longer too!!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Over the weekend I watched "Tell Me Who You Are", a Netflix documentary about twin brothers, one of whom got into a motorcycle accident and lost most of his memory. His brother helped him reconstruct his memory, but he couldn't bear telling him that their mother had sexually abused them, and the betrayal of trust from nursing that secret tore them apart because the amnesiac brother had essentially been given an utterly false childhood, even if the part that was missing was unspeakably awful.

Once the secret was out, the brothers parted ways without details being shared, so the one that lost his memory only knew that some abuse had happened, but the precise depths of which he did not really know of.

He searches his mother's personal effects (she had already passed by then) for clues, and he'd found a number of letters exchanged between her and a number of men, all of them spoke of her in glowing terms, as though they'd really enjoyed her company.

I mention this because later in the documentary, when the brothers attempt a reconciliation, it comes out that they weren't just abused, they were trafficked - their mother would take one of the brothers to someone's house, they'd have dinner, and then the mother would leave, and the brother would be assaulted by the someone overnight.

Now, the documentary's narration does not make this point explicitly, but it's impossible to miss that all of those letters from the men, to the mother, were not about the men recalling their sexual encounters with the mother, but with the brothers. It had to be.

And I wouldn't even bring any of it up if it wasn't also mentioned that these men were usually from the military - one of the brothers describes the letters as coming from officers or Army men.

I've not dug into this topic further because the story is sordid enough as it is, but based on when all this was supposed to have happened, it would have been right around the late 80s / early 90s, which falls within the same kind of MO as the Dutroux Affair.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
is this the doc? tell me who you are was giving me a chinese movie

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10915286/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Honest Thief posted:

is this the doc? tell me who you are was giving me a chinese movie