Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Manwithastick posted:

I hate the fact that these people are oblivious to the fact if you take away his ability to be creative and unfiltered, MJF will be a liability. he'd make one tweet and be kicked out as soon as he arrived.

MJF could find himself in the phantom zone where he can't get over the Vince way but Vince knows he'd be useful to AEW so MJF just sits at home for 3 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

i can't post enough raven gifs

That one made me laugh pretty hard thanks for posting it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
https://twitter.com/WrestleCringe/status/1525955339723710464?t=Vhkv_nWxI1qqT4w9kskdhA&s=19

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ah yes, Impact laughing at NJPW and AEW while they have Frankie Kazarian work their TV tapings and their X-Division champ in BOSJ.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
once again wrestlecringe and goons taking jokes seriously

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

once again wrestlecringe and goons taking jokes seriously

Not me. I’m no goon

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
im not a goon but i am a wrestlecringe

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Joke or not, you could use a less self humiliating meme format

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Well, AEW does have that guy who said he wanted to bring back unprotected chair shots for the boys and...oh wait.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

When they say 'blood thirsty monsters', do they think that blading gives you a concussion or what

like, that's one hell of a non-sequiteur lmao, 'concussion protocols saved lives so I hate that AEW allows blading'

hell, maybe they think that every bladejob in AEW is hardway, to which: gj being worked you doofus

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Venomous posted:

When they say 'blood thirsty monsters', do they think that blading gives you a concussion or what

like, that's one hell of a non-sequiteur lmao, 'concussion protocols saved lives so I hate that AEW allows blading'

hell, maybe they think that every bladejob in AEW is hardway, to which: gj being worked you doofus

I read it as them saying AEW fans don't care about wrestling or the wrestlers and only want to see blood. These are probably the same people who say that wrestlers nowadays are pussies and overly fake while complaining that AEW putting Nick Gage on TV is too dangerous because he apparently doesn't follow the rules, and that the wrestling part is the worst part of wrestling.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
they're not even just talking about blood, the match on Wednesday had the same amount of pearl clutching because the spots were 'too dangerous'

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

AEW wrestling is simultaneously kids doing a gymnastics routine where nothing connects, and terribly dangerous to the point where someone is going to get killed.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

quote:

Watching Darby vs Jeff Hardy really pissed me off last night. Jeff can already barely move and has issues with pain meds, and he takes a risky bump every other week on a nothing match in AEW. There was zero reason that he did a swanton onto steel steps.
With Darby, it’s almost every match he does something stupid.
I don’t care if it’s the wrestlers pushing for these crazy spots. Either TK or some veteran in locker rooms needs to say NO in advance or threaten to fire or suspend them if they end up doing these stupid spots.
All this in matches with no build and watched by 800k ppl that nobody will remember the match in a week.
That just really pissed me off last night.

quote:

I got pissed myself when Sammy "I'm never not gonna be a dumbass" Guevara pulled that reckless poo poo off the ladder in that last match with Scorpio. These guys are loving morons for continuing to do this poo poo. They're endangering themselves AND the guy they're in the ring with. Jeff Hardy too. Does he actually have to squirt some poor guys guts out his rear end in a top hat before he stops landing 200+lb swantons on people? If you can't do something reasonably safely, don't loving do it. Learn how to have an actual match and tell a story through that and you won't need to take stupid risks. Goddamn.

quote:

Despite all the flak WWE receives about many things, I think one of their smartest decisions was to evolve to a safer style. Yeah, the Mankind HIAC spot is historic, but see how Mick ended up after years of abuse of his own body... Heck, Benoit is also a good example of why you should take care of yourself in the ring.

quote:

Tony Khan is the only one who can stop it and I haven’t seen any suggestion he’s willing to.
It was Vince who banned piledrivers in wwe.
The problem with these spots is they cause the next person to try something even more outlandish.
I don’t hate spots. TLCII at the time was considered risky and stupid. But they did it on the grandest stage of them all for a fat paycheck.
We also see with D Von and Edge’s current injuries. The toll probably isn’t worth it.

quote:

I just hate how Darby vs Jeff Hardy, which is apparently a true dream match that fans have wanted to see for a while is just done on free TV with no build. It's gotta be that Tony grew up rich and just doesn't understand the concept of selling something and generating revenue. It's common sense if you have something people want to see to build and generate as much buzz and eyes on it as possible instead of just randomly giving the thing away. I really do watch wrestling for the build and anticipation more than the actual wrestling. The absolute best part of a properly built match is the moment when the bell rings and the 2 combatants you've been waiting weeks/months to see are staring at eachother from across the ring with the crowd going wild. That's what pro wrestling is all about, not watch these idiots randomly jump off ladders and crash through chairs.

quote:

Bruh they even had loving nick cage in a death match you can’t tell me these people don’t care about they’re employees health and well being.

quote:

Of course, definitely true. But the difference is WWE makes every effort to be safe and minimize violence/risk of injury whereas AEW proudly doesn't train their wrestlers and has bloody hardcore matches on an almost weekly basis. There's just a far higher likelihood of catastrophic injury happening on an AEW show due to the way they operate.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
dorks, the whole lot of them

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

i can't post enough raven gifs

This is almost heartwarming because it shows that MJF truly is the greatest modern heel, he works on so many levels.

some absolute genius" posted:

I just hate how Darby vs Jeff Hardy, which is apparently a true dream match that fans have wanted to see for a while is just done on free TV with no build. It's gotta be that Tony grew up rich and just doesn't understand the concept of selling something and generating revenue. It's common sense if you have something people want to see to build and generate as much buzz and eyes on it as possible instead of just randomly giving the thing away. I really do watch wrestling for the build and anticipation more than the actual wrestling. The absolute best part of a properly built match is the moment when the bell rings and the 2 combatants you've been waiting weeks/months to see are staring at eachother from across the ring with the crowd going wild. That's what pro wrestling is all about, not watch these idiots randomly jump off ladders and crash through chairs.

"I think Jeff and Darby both suck a lot and their match also sucked. But also this was a dream match that should have had months of build. Also I don't even like wrestling, just the build, but this was a terrible match that made no money for anyone."

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
scoops

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1526109068074659841

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Personally, I don't pretend to know what's best for Darby or Jeff more than they do. I don't know them, I'm not living their lives, I'm not privvy to their medical info, I'm not even a worker. None of my business, other than being entertained by the seemingly insane poo poo they do.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

One of the smartest workers around currently desperately wants to go somewhere that wouldn't let him do the specific thing that makes him so unbelievably valuable.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

quote:

Bruh they even had loving nick cage in a death match you can’t tell me these people don’t care about they’re employees health and well being.
I'd pay a lot of money to see Nicholas Cage in a death match. Or a cage match with Christian Cage, while Brian Cage looks on in annoyance from the crowd because he's not being used.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Lol at MJF intentionally losing his leverage.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Hoss Corncave posted:

I'd pay a lot of money to see Nicholas Cage in a death match. Or a cage match with Christian Cage, while Brian Cage looks on in annoyance from the crowd because he's not being used.

Christian Cage vs Brian Cage in a cage match with Nicholas Cage as the ref

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1526219972489486336

I wonder if it’s just a money thing. MJF has been almost constantly featured in AEW with high-profile feud after high-profile feud. Cody/Mox/Jericho/Punk and now Wardlow. Hard to believe he’s unhappy with the booking,

Seams fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 16, 2022

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Being fair to Trev, if I was in probably the best storyline of the year with a person that was essentially my hero and now be allowed to be a magnificent bastard in a long running storyline that will lead to a highly anticipated match at the next PPV, I'd be miserable too.

bartok
May 10, 2006

So MJF is happy in AEW? That's good.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

hard to believe trevor isnt just making things up he knows people cant prove one way or the other

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Is it possible that the guy who is famous for basically never breaking Kayfabe isn't being honest when he posts about his contract on twitter? Nah. AEW must be dying.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If MJF left tomorrow it'd have roughly the same impact on AEW as Cody leaving did. Hope Max gets the best deal possible either way but at this point one guy leaving isn't going to make or break the company.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I think MJF leaving would actually hurt AEW a lot more than Cody leaving, but it's not a make or break situation by any means, no.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Saying “End of.” like that is so loving annoying just be normal.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

I think MJF leaving would actually hurt AEW a lot more than Cody leaving, but it's not a make or break situation by any means, no.

Would it? You'd lose a handful of high profile potential feuds (same as Cody) but ultimately there's always both existing free agents and new talents to fill the gaps.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

flashy_mcflash posted:

Would it? You'd lose a handful of high profile potential feuds (same as Cody) but ultimately there's always both existing free agents and new talents to fill the gaps.

Where are you going to find someone with that level of promo ability?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

flashy_mcflash posted:

Cody is a great wrestler, but MJF is arguably the best natural heel of this generation so he's a lot less replaceable. Like, maybe the detested Knife Pervert is on MJF's level, but I really can't think of anyone else who fits the bill.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Guess it is creative he’s unhappy with

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1526224391968903170

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

this whole discourse sucks and I hope Aubrey doesn't let these weird fucks get to her

https://twitter.com/DecayedEmperor/status/1525658292189425665

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wanna see that guy’s take on invisible man vs invisible stan

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Noted huge, old school heel upset with, let's see here, losing feuds at the very end when it makes sense. Got it.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

she's getting herself over
she's going to shoot three count jade and take her title

https://twitter.com/Peaksnfreaks_/status/1525487193988419585

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Snacksmaniac posted:

Noted huge, old school heel upset with, let's see here, losing feuds at the very end when it makes sense. Got it.

It isn't out of the question that he felt he was next in line for the title and now it seems like that's Punk.