Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
For those of you who like Alex Jones schadenfreude, on knowledge fight, one of the attorneys for the Sandy Hook parents (Mark Bankston) revealed that the fees and sanctions he had to pay to the plaintiffs and their law firm for loving around will more than pay for the cost of the law firm to handle the trial.

The shady globalist minions and operatives who are funding the lawsuits against him are coming from inside the house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kalli posted:

My morning:

Eric Wareheim released a video collab with T-Pain yesterday

Huh, he also directed the Major Lazer Bubble Butt video.

Oh he also did a weird song about the show Benson

Huh, Seinfeld was on Benson as a lovely stand up comedian who got fired after 3 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnBHB86AUk8

So productive Monday as you can see.

Eric Wareheim is the Eric of Tim & Eric.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The video collab in question appears to be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3M_JoYvrCM

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Eric Wareheim is the Eric of Tim & Eric.

I thought that was Eric Fensler, who made the GI Joe PSA edits?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I thought that was Eric Fensler, who made the GI Joe PSA edits?

No, it's Wareheim.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1526261839897632769

:wtc:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Please put zombie deadspin out of its misery.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

https://twitter.com/HiTonedBumpkeen/status/1526262446155079681?t=7XwSjIAACyUQ4EwN494uYQ&s=19

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Amy Pole Her posted:

You had to watch the very end of wandavisions series - the post credits scene - for her actions to make sense

Does it really make her actions make sense, though, or is it just a hasty postscript to paper over the glaring inconsistency between the her arc in the show and where they now know the movie is going?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
:piss:

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1526257858710589441?t=cMzGZ-AE0u1VIg0IYBLXUw&s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Just a real life nihilist Arby's post.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Officer, this is an Arby's

Nov 6, 2002

We have the... piss?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

There's a lot of layers to that tweet. Much like an Arby's roast beef sandwich.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
it'll never stop being funny that marvels like, yea in lieu of coherent plotlines and character development you should just watch more of our in universe poo poo then it'll sort of make sense and if it doesnt then google the comic book plots

im astonished that people havent burned out on comic book movies yet. they're way less awesome than the giant military war epics we got in the 90s but seem to be lasting even longer

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

We have the... piss?

We have the pee is right there.

Someone get Ving Rhames on the case.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I'd be more concerned about the anarchist fight clubs this Tyler Durden is forming in various cities across the country...

...Though if he blows up the buildings of major credit card companies & puts us all back at zero, I won't complain.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Lmao called it

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1526272132845551618?t=JyAtFo9k2lShMmMzggXneQ&s=19

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

it'll never stop being funny that marvels like, yea in lieu of coherent plotlines and character development you should just watch more of our in universe poo poo then it'll sort of make sense and if it doesnt then google the comic book plots

im astonished that people havent burned out on comic book movies yet. they're way less awesome than the giant military war epics we got in the 90s but seem to be lasting even longer

The irony of comic book movies developing the same problem as actual comic books will never not be funny to me

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Relentlessboredomm posted:

It makes me wonder what keeping up with the continuity will look like when these movies are inevitably still coming out in a decade. Like if my kid wants to get into the MCU and can't be persuaded otherwise, what is going to have to watch so that he doesn't come to me with questions after every movie? Will the decade that Marvel spent making Inifity Saga films just not be important anymore for understanding the movies being released in the future?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

General Dog posted:

Does it really make her actions make sense, though, or is it just a hasty postscript to paper over the glaring inconsistency between the her arc in the show and where they now know the movie is going?

I mean, between that scene and Wanda being held captive under a mountain of rocks in her mind... I dunno what else there is to connect.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

:laffo:

He's such a loving huckster and his fanboys are insufferable. Just pure cultural rot surrounding this shithead.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

C-Euro posted:

It makes me wonder what keeping up with the continuity will look like when these movies are inevitably still coming out in a decade. Like if my kid wants to get into the MCU and can't be persuaded otherwise, what is going to have to watch so that he doesn't come to me with questions after every movie? Will the decade that Marvel spent making Inifity Saga films just not be important anymore for understanding the movies being released in the future?

Considering you'd be clueless watching Dr. Strange 2 if you hadn't seen the first one, they're a ways off from cleanly cutting off the Infinity saga. I think the multi-verse stuff will eventually come to a head and then they'll reboot the whole thing. This way they can bring back Ironman or Captain America in 10 years or so.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

I mean, between that scene and Wanda being held captive under a mountain of rocks in her mind... I dunno what else there is to connect.

I took the Wanda under the rocks to be the version of Wanda that was being possessed in that universe, not Wandavision Wanda.

Nov 6, 2002

Bird in a Blender posted:

they'll reboot the whole thing

They will have to just by virture of the actors aging out and/or getting sick of taking Marvel roles.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Isn't the multiverse basically an evergreen route to resurrecting or recasting whoever they want as needed, indefinitely, while still maintaining precious continuity?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

General Dog posted:

Isn't the multiverse basically an evergreen route to resurrecting or recasting whoever they want as needed, indefinitely, while still maintaining precious continuity?

Pretty much. No character ever truly dies, we just move on to Earth-42069 and start over again.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

General Dog posted:

I took the Wanda under the rocks to be the version of Wanda that was being possessed in that universe, not Wandavision Wanda.

It was explained as Scarlet Witch imprisoning Wanda.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

It was explained as Scarlet Witch imprisoning Wanda.

Isn't it the Wanda who's native to pizza ball universe and has real kids who's imprisoned?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

They will have to just by virture of the actors aging out and/or getting sick of taking Marvel roles.

Doesn't the whole comic book series have super heroes being replaced by new people when they die / age out?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

General Dog posted:

Isn't it the Wanda who's native to pizza ball universe and has real kids who's imprisoned?

No, I believe the whole point is that when you dreamwalk you're basically bonding over that person but your view of it makes more sense to me than his explanation. But honestly Im not entirely sure nor do I care to research it beyond whatever Raimi said

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 16, 2022

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

And who knows which is Witch in MCU?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

C-Euro posted:

I think you greatly over estimate how important continuity knowledge is to kids when they want to see something cool.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Doesn't the whole comic book series have super heroes being replaced by new people when they die / age out?

Yeah, it pretty much never sticks around, because someone takes over the comic and reverts it to how it was when they were a kid.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I'm glad DC doesn't care about continuity since their whole DCU fell apart rather quickly.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

C-Euro posted:

If you start watching a serialized show or soap opera in the middle of the series, you will indeed eventually figure out enough to understand what's going on even if you don't catch every reference to what came before. Streaming has kind of rewired people with a need to "catch up", but this is how people used to consume television, and the MCU is extremely television-brained.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

I had exactly 0 questions about the goings on of terminator 1 after seeing terminator 2 for the first time as a kid. Had no bearing on my ability to enjoy the movie.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

General Dog posted:

If you start watching a serialized show or soap opera in the middle of the series, you will indeed eventually figure out enough to understand what's going on even if you don't catch every reference to what came before. Streaming has kind of rewired people with a need to "catch up", but this is how people used to consume television.

Yeah, I started watching The Wire with season 3 and Alias with season 2. I eventually watched the earlier stuff but I figured out most of it from context.

Nov 6, 2002

Neil Armbong posted:

I had exactly 0 questions about the goings on of terminator 1 after seeing terminator 2 for the first time as a kid. Had no bearing on my ability to enjoy the movie.

What about Weekend at Bernie's II?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

What about Weekend at Bernie's II?

Still haven’t seen it. No need.