Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

kater
Nov 16, 2010

its loving hot out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cloks posted:

I'd like to echo this - I think Extinction Rebellion's commitment to practicing dissent that neatly fits within a capitalist system really shows that you can fight for a better world without making people too upset.

lol gently caress :golfclap:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kater posted:

its loving hot out

it’s hot as hell and so dry my lips are cracking and the water supplies are critical and it’s loving may

ahhhh

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it was 40 degrees outside during the day here (ogden, UT) just a couple days ago. it's now 82 degrees outside. seems really fuckin fast to me

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Cloks posted:

I'd like to echo this - I think Extinction Rebellion's commitment to practicing dissent that neatly fits within a capitalist system really shows that you can fight for a better world without making people too upset.

What the hell is this? Take it back to the garbage thread in D&D.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LionArcher posted:

:coffeepal:

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
There's a D&D?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-Paine posted:

There's a D&D?

death&destruction, and lots of it

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

lotta morelists itt

shameful

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Lmao just heard someone on Bloomberg say our power line capacity can't meet our ev vehicle demands

Lmao

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Lmao

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

We're first playthrough of oxygen not included levels of hosed lmao

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Crazypoops posted:

Lmao just heard someone on Bloomberg say our power line capacity can't meet our ev vehicle demands

Lmao

wow, crazy, no one could have ever expected this

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crazypoops posted:

it’s okay we just need to replace the electrical infrastructure

and the gas stations

and the roads

and the power plants

and the ships

20 years ago

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Not even just output, the loving lines can't carry it

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Crazypoops posted:

Lmao

that's correct but like improving power lines would be the easiest thing to do if we weren't an empire in collapse, like it doesn't require any new technology just the same levels of investment we used to do on our power infrastructure

but remember, PG&E killed 85 people because they refused to replace a $0.56 hook that had been installed in 1921

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Crazypoops posted:

Lmao

The power grid that can't keep up with a hot summer's day will totally replace all the gas in all the cars too.

Crazypoops posted:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Trabisnikof posted:

that's correct but like improving power lines would be the easiest thing to do if we weren't an empire in collapse, like it doesn't require any new technology just the same levels of investment we used to do on our power infrastructure

but remember, PG&E killed 85 people because they refused to replace a $0.56 hook that had been installed in 1921

wait, is that notched part the....oh.

oh dear.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

LionArcher posted:

I'm sorry but i can't endorse any strategy for mitigating climate change that hurts our most precious natural resource - the economy.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Cloks posted:

I'm sorry but i can't endorse any strategy for mitigating climate change that hurts our most precious natural resource - the economy.

it's like a breathing exercise, I get it

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

mdemone posted:

it's like a breathing exercise, I get it

yeah I'm just trying to piss myself off to the point where i start deflating SUV tires in Minecraft

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Oxxidation posted:

looking like it’ll be close to a hundred degrees in NY/NJ this weekend, plummeting to 70 a couple days later

these wild temperature swings are nearly as bad as the heat itself

Can you send some of that heat west? My peppers and tomatoes are not enjoying the constant rain at 55 f

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Cloks posted:

Lol

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Decades posted:

Where on this spectrum does my cookie sticker problem fall?

Immensely inconsequential. Enjoy your cookies, they won't be around forever!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Fly Molo posted:

it’s okay we just need to replace the electrical infrastructure

and the gas stations

and the roads

and the power plants

and the ships

20 years ago

how about we just install diesel generators at the gas stations to run local off-grid chargers for evs?

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Regular thread posters are calling for a total and complete shutdown of Gleen-heads entering the [Biosphere Collapse] thread until our pedomods can figure out what the hell is going on.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i can't help re: the roads. i was informed that where we're going, we won't need roads, guess that was a lie. also that cars would come with mr fusion. what a lovely future we live in.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

They showed you a statue and told you to pray.

They built you a temple and locked you away.

But they never told you the price that you pay.

For things that you might have done...

Only the good die young

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
speak of the grid:

There might not be enough electricity to go around this summer in Michigan. That could require planned outages

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

kater posted:

its loving hot out

Summer is coming

https://mobile.twitter.com/ECOWARRIORSS/status/1505260147236646912

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

huh i guess 2022 really will be a blue wave

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
An apocalypse does not end so much as uncover. It's an epistemic revelation, a disclosure of secrets, a divine correction manifested in the world. It shocks us into submission, and from here we see how the world as we've imagined it falls away. The end of the world is no more than the end of the world's conforming to our cognizance of it. The apocalypse is the truth in a place that's systemically allergic to the stuff.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

did anything like this happen last year? just trying to gauge how terrifying this is exactly

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

empty whippet box posted:

did anything like this happen last year? just trying to gauge how terrifying this is exactly

lol new thread title

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

empty whippet box posted:

It happened earlier this year

e: oh, misread the date on the tweet and thought that it was recent, not the one from March

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
enjoying that coffee a bit more now

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Fly Molo posted:

lol new thread title

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
everyone

please stay calm

the economists will save us

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Cloks posted:

lmfao :nice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

How much of the Antarctic's industry occurs outside?