Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013048

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Nothing but the best most pure hearted boys in this manga.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013057

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Very great how quickly everyone calls each other turds in this series.

They're all turds in my heart :allears:

The bit with Okarun trying to make right to Grandma behind the scenes is very good.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
After bunch of chapters full of supernatural action, this chapter is just teenagers being turds to one another and it still rocks. :allears:

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

forgot to mention, we got an animated promotional crossover with Spy X Family
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7pEcD8tIpk

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

RuBisCO posted:

Very great how quickly everyone calls each other turds in this series.

They're all turds in my heart :allears:

The bit with Okarun trying to make right to Grandma behind the scenes is very good.

It really is great. This comic is good when it's action packed, and it's good when it's just teens messing with each other.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
My interpretation of this chapter

https://youtu.be/5WnE2tPad6E

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Patware posted:

This is truly a perfect comic

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I can't remember, are Okarun's parents dead or simply "working overseas"

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013102

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Really love how they are utilizing Evil Eye for "suddenly: MAYHEM! :black101: "

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
These two dorks are adorable.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013225

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Oh boy, is this going to be the arc where people made bad decisions because trusting Turbo Granny is not a good call. I also agree with eyebrow monk, the Evil Eye needs to go and I wouldn't be mad at the story for not redeeming this curse like it had with Silky Acrobat. Sometimes a curse is a curse and there's no coming back from that, especially with how I understand eastern myths and folklore.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Dandadan owns

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
I agree.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I really feel for Okarun. He's being pulled apart by conflicting emotions that he can't even describe, much less control. His new best friend hurt the girl he has feelings for, so he lashes out despite knowing that his best friend isn't technically at fault, and now he's angry but he can't really understand why.

This manga is so good at portraying teenagers.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I feel Turbo Granny might be on the level this time. She's not gonna teach Okarun how to punch, she's going to teach him how to run!

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013269

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Can't believe Turbo Granny is teaching him the rhythm method

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Patware posted:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I too yearn for battle with famous musical bobbleheads. :allears:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Patware posted:

Paints a smile on my face most chapters.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Grouchio posted:

I too yearn for battle with famous musical bobbleheads. :allears:

Several of them are playing instruments that basically did not exist in their lifetimes and it's still more believable than whatever's going on in PPPPPP.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Amazing coincidence with Dr. Strange here.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Manifest Dynasty posted:

Amazing coincidence with Dr. Strange here.

Except This plot and the motivations for characters make sense

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

oh my god

we gettin Jojo plus Shiori Experience up in here

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Wonderslug posted:

Several of them are playing instruments that basically did not exist in their lifetimes and it's still more believable than whatever's going on in PPPPPP.

Which ones? The only one I see that might be wrong is the cello guy. Trumpet guy may be wrong too (not sure who he is, but I don't think modern trumpets had piston valves until sometime in the 1700s). I'm pretty sure at least a predecessor of the clarinet existed when Händel was alive.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 16, 2022

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

oh my god

we gettin Jojo plus Shiori Experience up in here

can someone pick that back up btw, i need amine janis joplin

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

I. M. Gei posted:

Which ones? The only one I see that might be wrong is the cello guy. Trumpet guy may be wrong too (not sure who he is, but I don't think modern trumpets had piston valves until sometime in the 1700s). I'm pretty sure at least a predecessor of the clarinet existed when Händel was alive.

Trumpet guy is Schubert (d. 1828). There were keyed trumpets and bugles by the early 1800s but the modern piston valve wasn't invented until the late 1830s. The chalumeau was around in Bach's time but was seen as a folk instrument; there was probably an early version of the clarinet by that point too, but definitely not with the modern keying, it was mostly bare fingerholes.

(The portraits, right-to-left: Beethoven, Mozart, Schubert, Dvořák, Bach, ????. Could maybe be Herbert von Karajan, if you squint? Who was a conductor, not a composer, but I don't pretend to understand which random bits of western culture get enshrined in Japanese curricula.)

Anyway this is all secondary. I eagerly await the exploding Nendoroid DDR training montage.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Wonderslug posted:

Trumpet guy is Schubert (d. 1828). There were keyed trumpets and bugles by the early 1800s but the modern piston valve wasn't invented until the late 1830s. The chalumeau was around in Bach's time but was seen as a folk instrument; there was probably an early version of the clarinet by that point too, but definitely not with the modern keying, it was mostly bare fingerholes.

(The portraits, right-to-left: Beethoven, Mozart, Schubert, Dvořák, Bach, ????. Could maybe be Herbert von Karajan, if you squint? Who was a conductor, not a composer, but I don't pretend to understand which random bits of western culture get enshrined in Japanese curricula.)

I'm almost certain "clarinet guy" is Georg Frideric Händel, in which case he's probably playing an oboe and not a clarinet.

Wikipedia posted:

Many traits considered "Handelian" can be traced back to Zachow's music.[37] At the same time Handel continued practice on the harpsichord, learned violin and organ, but according to Burney his special affection was for the hautbois (oboe).[38] Schoelcher speculates that his youthful devotion to the instrument explains the large number of pieces he composed for oboe.[39]

He's got Händel's hairdo, at least.

EDIT: On second look, I take this back. Clarinet guy is indeed J. S. Bach. No idea who conductor man is.

EDIT 2: I love how Beethoven calls it "HIS orchestra" which is so totally on-brand for Beethoven to do. :allears:

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 16, 2022

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Grannys going to teach him to breakdance. I just know it in my heart and I love it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb

The junk collector posted:

Grannys going to teach him to breakdance. I just know it in my heart and I love it.

"Gonna make you sweat" for the backing track or I hold my breath. >:|

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Wonderslug posted:

(The portraits, right-to-left: Beethoven, Mozart, Schubert, Dvořák, Bach, ????. Could maybe be Herbert von Karajan, if you squint?)

The portrait alone stumped me, but the poses and especially the hairstyle of the killer Funkopop make me certain it's von Karajan.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Mary Annette posted:

The portrait alone stumped me, but the poses and especially the hairstyle of the killer Funkopop make me certain it's von Karajan.

Yeah, it's this photograph specifically:
https://www.gettyimages.de/detail/nachrichtenfoto/austrian-conductor-herbert-von-karajan-13th-may-1967-nachrichtenfoto/1288887976

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013292

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

:rock: