Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

I don't care who wins the BOA I just want some players to have their careers ended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
https://twitter.com/hockeynight/status/1526195916105031680

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Bloodbath of Alberta

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Let's have all the battles in Round 2!

The Battle of Florida!

The Battle of Alberta!

The Battle of NYRFan92360244!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Matt Zerella posted:

I know you're still mad so go off but I hope you had a bacon egg and cheese sandwich this morning, and flukey goals happen sometimes, it sucks. But Domingue stood on his head on more than one occasion.

Low fat yogurt, fruit, and granola for me thanks. As for Louis Domingue he didn't stand on his head. He was actually quite bad....for a NHL goalie....which he is not. He was, however, a huge reason in the Rangers winning and the Penguins losing. The basic numbers are that Domingue stopped 168 of 187 shots. That is a .898 sv%. Hockey-Ref puts Domingue at a -2.8 GSAA. He also provided 1 quality start of 5 starts. Nat Stat rates Domingue as the 24th of 28 goalies based on GSAA. Jarry wasn't much better with 18th. Igor clocks in at 15th with -.75 GSAA in all situations. On a rate basis Domingue move to 22nd and Jarry falls to 23rd. Igor improves to 13th. At 5v5 Domingue gave up 14 with a .906 sv%. -2.5 GSAA. At 5v5 Domingue did pretty well with High Dangers. Facing 7.5 High Danger Shots a game he stopped 6.6 or so for a .93 High Danger goals against (5v5). That actually ranks him 9th compared to every other goalie that played in the first round. Where Domingue falls down is Mid and Low Danger goals against. Where he ranks 20th and and 24th. Where he super duper falls down is on the PK. Domingue went .826 giving up 4 goals on 26 shots. 19th among the crowd.

Unfortunately, at the end of the day Domingue 'gave up' 19 goals on 15 expected. Jarry gave up 4 on 2 expected. DeSmith gave up 3 on 3 expected. Shesterkin, comparably, gave up 25 on 28.7 expected and that's basically the other big story of the series for me. The Penguins were able to make Igor league average, but could not overcome the 10 goal delta in expected vs actual outcomes. Unfortunately, 2 bounces off of Matheson for own goals skew this a bit, an extremely weak Trouba backhander from the slot, and a few others you'd like to have back that's game over. To round off this thought....the Penguins did something I didn't think they were going to be able to....and that was make Igor as close to 'ordinary' as they could. Hell look at some of the goals the Pens scored. Guentzel had to freaking hacky sack the puck AND (maybe) cheat with a high stick to get it by him. E Rod had a breakaway and the first goal was some crazy sequence with like 3 rebounds that *eventually barely* crossed the line. Shesterkin had to be extraordinary to be ordinary. Igor faced the 2nd most high danger shots, per 60 minutes, than all but Cal Peterson. Comparatively Domingue faced 8, DeSmith 7, and Jarry 2.

All this isn't to say Domingue played poorly. He exceeded expectations. As I said before though the expectations were very low with him and he wasn't good enough. Which...yeah the guy has 142 NHL games career .905 and -25 GSAA. He isn't a NHL goalie and unfortunately for Pittsburgh he wasn't able to make enough NHL level saves.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

try again kid :wave: :wave: :wave:

NY #1 as always love da Rangers let's go the Rangers

Well, yeah, it's easy to rack up all those championships when your city has like five teams in each league.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

The Golden Man posted:

I don't care who wins the BOA I just want some players to have their careers ended

i'm still cumming from last night

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

mennoknight posted:

i'm still cumming from last night

the oilers are going to wheel out raitsis ivanans to mumble and drool his way through the anthem

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

The Golden Man posted:

the oilers are going to wheel out raitsis ivanans to mumble and drool his way through the anthem

This series could finally be the occasion we see Milan Lucic body check an edmonton oiler and when he's suspended we're bringing back brad mcrimmon

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

The Golden Man posted:

The Golden Man posted:

mennoknight posted:

This series could finally be the occasion we see Milan Lucic body check an edmonton oiler and when he's suspended we're bringing back brad mcrimmon

(dennis rodman crying as he won the defensive player of the year voice) I just wanted this so bad....

stab posted:

Whoa

Thats a badge of honor sir, although I'm a poo poo poster all season long tbh

you're okay in the regular season but inconsistent. you turn it up in the playoffs and get dialed in. Very Derrick Brassard style scouting report.

do we have any really rabid Florida fans? if not, we need an EBUG-style system for someone to go at Wonderllama and the rest of the Lightning fans for the next two weeks

DO YALL WANT A BOXC fucked around with this message at 20:13 on May 16, 2022

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

mennoknight posted:

Tkachuk is going to slew foot Yamamoto so hard hes going to cut his rear end in a top hat open with his own skate and bleed to death and then fuckin bat-grapple onto the jumbotron while doing the Claude Lemieux help me help me pose

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

in the related tweets I saw this:

https://twitter.com/JaneGaudreau/status/1526081022231728129?s=20&t=TosaVNspHA-n9g6OnzFycg

and I'm gonna just Eklund-style "Gaudreau to NJ as a UFA E5" right now because that's the most New Jersey looking Mom I've ever seen in my life. he's gotta be heading home to either NJ or Philly this summer

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Her hair says Jersey but her heart says Calgary.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/SNYtv/status/1526302308421754880

don't they know how many transplants live in nc

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Once again the SE resorts to being lovely about tickets. It’s a solid dick move from Carolina again.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Yeah seriously that's rude, the Rangers are much more welcoming to fans willing to pay $400+ for nosebleeds.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Jhet posted:

Once again the SE resorts to being lovely about tickets. It’s a solid dick move from Carolina again.

i mean, have you seen our fans?

e: this guy's username isn't even referencing the NYCGuidoVoice account:

shao kahn voice: Outstanding.

2nd e: a rule of thumb that you can use for any transplants from the NYC area who moved south who was born past maybe 25 years ago is that they are likely to make Tony D's racism seem quaint, generally speaking

DO YALL WANT A BOXC fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 16, 2022

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Trying not to play 7 road games seems like a reasonable enough goal for the Hurricanes to pursue.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

do we have any really rabid Florida fans? if not, we need an EBUG-style system for someone to go at Wonderllama and the rest of the Lightning fans for the next two weeks

Not sure I qualify as rabid, but I can get drunk and surly when we lose games if that helps things out.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

i mean, have you seen our fans?

e: this guy's username isn't even referencing the NYCGuidoVoice account:

shao kahn voice: Outstanding.

2nd e: a rule of thumb that you can use for any transplants from the NYC area who moved south who was born past maybe 25 years ago is that they are likely to make Tony D's racism seem quaint, generally speaking

Oh, I'm not saying your fans are particularly awesome. I'm just saying the SE teams have to resort to banning tickets sales because their home support season ticket holders suck and this is the lame way they deal with it. NYC fans tend to be assholes, but I also lived in Chicago for long enough where I know it's not just your fans. There's such an easy way to deal with it for every other team in the country except the 5 in the SE and even Tampa was shamed into ending it last year. Even Seattle has a ticket club waiting list where you get priority single game tickets while you wait for a chance to get season tickets.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Mods please change some Rangers fans name to Ultra Maga And Rangers

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
How many twitter alts does Tony D have anyway

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

truly the worst part of their first round win

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Hasn’t that been done before and there were some issues with it

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Eric the Mauve posted:

How many twitter alts does Tony D have anyway

Lmao

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
im excited for the battle of alberta, a series of which i will see 0 of because i got to bed at 9pmest.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

clean ayers act posted:

im excited for the battle of alberta, a series of which i will see 0 of because i got to bed at 9pmest.

Its too bad there's not a way to like record it in and then watch it later.

I'm actually really enjoying the start times for once. They aren't all lumped into the east coast tv slots and I don't have to watch a western conference game while I'm making dinner. 4pm start times for eastern conference games makes sense, they're three hours ahead, but this is nice for people who don't live in the time zones that aren't EST.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Jhet posted:

Its too bad there's not a way to like record it in and then watch it later.

I'm actually really enjoying the start times for once. They aren't all lumped into the east coast tv slots and I don't have to watch a western conference game while I'm making dinner. 4pm start times for eastern conference games makes sense, they're three hours ahead, but this is nice for people who don't live in the time zones that aren't EST.

im not bitching, more just poking fun at myself. i think the start times are fine

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
once again us living in the best coast time zone aka pst stay winning

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...es/202205160044

mmmm salt

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

considering the broadcast said repeatedly that Sully is actually wrong, you'd think the journalist would try to clarify what the actual rule is, either by looking at the rulebook and/or phoning someone up at the league.

Ginette Reno posted:

would love this as a gang tag

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There's still 22 hours to get in on round 2's red Xes. This round includes a guess for total penalty minutes in the second round.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000767&pagenumber=6#lastpost

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Vertical Lime posted:

Unbelievably, stupidly loving bitch made lmao

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm constantly jealous of english football where opposing fan teams have their own sections and can take trains from city to city to watch their teams.

Imagine the Battle of Alberta with downtown-to-downtown high speed rail. The concourse fights would be amazing, and you wouldn't have to dodge Rams on the highway after the game.

I do support reserving tickets for the locals, especially with poor/small market teams facing nearby rich/large market teams, but the opposing team should get at least two full sections from boards to nosebleeds

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Powershift posted:

I'm constantly jealous of english football where opposing fan teams have their own sections and can take trains from city to city to watch their teams.

Imagine the Battle of Alberta with downtown-to-downtown high speed rail. The concourse fights would be amazing, and you wouldn't have to dodge Rams on the highway after the game.

I do support reserving tickets for the locals, especially with poor/small market teams facing nearby rich/large market teams, but the opposing team should get at least two full sections from boards to nosebleeds

Absolutely. I am completely in favor of giving your team’s supporters first opportunity to purchase tickets. But that’s why European teams have clubs and you sign up and buy tickets that way. Also due to hooliganism which most hockey teams don’t have issues with.

What I cannot support is empty seats in a playoff game because you decide that it’s okay for the regular season to sell tickets (and can’t) and then suddenly everyone who didn’t want tickets in the regular season still gets to buy them anyway because they live there. That’s not home support. That’s a bunch of band wagon fans who only buy playoff tickets. You sell out to your season ticket holders and the people waiting for season tickets and this isn’t any issue. It’s an issue because they can’t do that and have to make up arbitrary rules about who gets to see them play. Hell, what about the Carolina fans who live elsewhere (I’m sure there’s 2 or 3). They can’t buy tickets either? It’s a broken and terrible system.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Vertical Lime posted:

Raleigh is like 95% transplants from the northeast and PNC Arena sucks rear end any way

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
A day without hockey leaves a giant hole in my heart

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Powershift posted:

I don't know how it works in other cities but I imagine it's the same, but here in Vancouver I always get us tickets in section 119, which is right in front of the Ovi spot where the Caps shoot twice. It's the one section of the arena where the majority of the fans are Caps fans, and Mr. Hookshot gets low-key mad that the one time a year we get to go see his hockey team in his hometown he's the one who's outnumbered in our section lol.

Also welp I thought this was the offseason thread.

Banning people from buying tickets is dumb in general, IMO. If you need your fans to show up, work harder to get a better fan base.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
A good sized group of away fans is usually a lot of fun IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

One of my favourite experiences at a game was years ago when the Habs were visiting the Canucks. The stadium was full of Habs fans as you’d expect, but the best part was a row of Leafs fans who showed up in full war paint with flags and tried to start a Go Leafs Go chant every time the Habs fans started their chant

It was hilarious and done top tier trolling