Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Oh wow that new short really was short, huh? Still hilarious, but hoping that’s an outlier.

Edit: ^^^ I found it this morning in the member pass section of the app on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Ballz posted:

Are the new shorts being separated so you can watch them on their own or do you have to see them by replaying the livestream?

you should see them here https://www.gizmoplex.com/products/gizmoplex-pass-12-months

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I sort of wish that Matt would tone down how grumpy he is all of the time if he's going to be the master of show. I know a lot of it is a bit, but he is pretty doom and gloom sometimes.

All of the Q&As have been really fun, though, now that I'm caught up. Barbara Cranston is a good sport, Jonah really seems like he's looking out for the cast and crew, the liveshow cast have great rapport and energy, and they always come up with fun ways to answer even the more bizarre questions. Be interesting to see Joel's friend, the Hobgoblins puppet guy, tonight.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I sort of wish that Matt would tone down how grumpy he is all of the time if he's going to be the master of show. I know a lot of it is a bit, but he is pretty doom and gloom sometimes.

Cast: *an amusing tangent or slightly PG-13 joke*
Matt: I'M LOSING MY MIND, WHAT EVEN IS REAL

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

One of the many reasons I want Emily to keep doing MST3K is when she got the entire group, including Matt, to all do a Joel impression at the same time to make sure that the stream ended on a good note.

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
Is it me or does it seem like the hosts and bots are laughing at each other’s jokes in the theater more this season? Plus I think in the first or second episode, Baron’s Servo kinda whiffs a line (I forget what the setup is, but he starts stumbling partway through, and when he finishes Jonah asks “is that true, Tom?” and the response is a very sulky “no”), and the Perrico song has the kind of charming sloppiness that a bunch of Joel-era episodes have in their songs.

I like it; it feels right for the show. :3:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Non Krampus Mentis posted:

Is it me or does it seem like the hosts and bots are laughing at each other’s jokes in the theater more this season? Plus I think in the first or second episode, Baron’s Servo kinda whiffs a line (I forget what the setup is, but he starts stumbling partway through, and when he finishes Jonah asks “is that true, Tom?” and the response is a very sulky “no”), and the Perrico song has the kind of charming sloppiness that a bunch of Joel-era episodes have in their songs.

I like it; it feels right for the show. :3:

Netflix seasons had prerecorded lines in the theater while this season (like the old version) had them record while performing. Like a lot of issues with the Netflix seasons it was due to them not having enough time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

EMILY SHORT!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Who TF makes a short about tennis balls?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Who TF makes a short about tennis balls?

They could riff over How It's Made and I'd be very into it

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Narrator: Using abrasive material.

Emily: Bill Burr?

Really good short.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A lot of mileage out of the constant use of the word "balls."

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Paint my muscle car prune color, please

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Now Nick is gonna declare martial law, loot his museums, and call in an air strike.

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

They made love in their Chevy van and that’s NOT all right with me :barf:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Man Mike era skits are still an extra intermission for me

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Non Krampus Mentis posted:

Now Nick is gonna declare martial law, loot his museums, and call in an air strike.

The army was looking for sharp people, and Nick qualified!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Did you know that Nick went on to play...Pong, in his underwear?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I love Gidget.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

That’s almost literally what this was and I loved it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

https://www.youtube.com/c/Huggbees/videos

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Real "no prep" guest energy here

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Puppet guys are kind of weird, huh?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Upsidads posted:

Real "no prep" guest energy here

Gidget did her best and we are very proud of her.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Man, I watched Catalina Caper for the first time in ages and there are a ton of gags about how the kids are white/aryan/nazis/etc. Those jokes were largely forgettable back in the 90s but they hit very differently in today’s political climate.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
So if Manos was the first livestream and Hobgoblins is labeled as the third. What was the second? And where is it on the Gizmoplex?⁷

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

It was Future War and aired Thursday. You should see a replay option in your Gizmoplex Member Pass.

Edit: I just checked in my app and saw it, but didn’t see the stand-alone Let’s Make a Meal short. I restarted the app and now I see the short but the Future War livestream disappeared. Gizmoplex is janky. :shrug:

Ballz fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 14, 2022

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Thanks, but it's not in there for me. Weird.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I just checked again and it looks like the Future War livestream is back. Doesn’t look like Emily’s first short is available on its own yet, but I watched it in the Hobgoblins stream.

Speaking of I think that Emily short might be my favorite so far. It gave me some “This is Hormel” vibes and Crow made a Katamari reference which made me react with a big :neckbeard:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Ballz posted:

I just checked again and it looks like the Future War livestream is back. Doesn’t look like Emily’s first short is available on its own yet, but I watched it in the Hobgoblins stream.

Speaking of I think that Emily short might be my favorite so far. It gave me some “This is Hormel” vibes and Crow made a Katamari reference which made me react with a big :neckbeard:

The tail part of the tennis ball factory was hosed UP

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I admired their barely contained restraint for ball jokes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ballz posted:

Catcalling all the balls getting quality control tested in the compression machines was hilarious

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Watching Danger!! Death Ray again and this is the first time I've noticed Frank has a goatee during the agent sketch.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fezz posted:

Watching Danger!! Death Ray again and this is the first time I've noticed Frank has a goatee during the agent sketch.

It's terrifying.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fezz posted:

I just love Trace's improvised scream when Crow's eyes unintentionally ignite :allears:.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I just love Trace's improvised scream when Crow's eyes unintentionally ignite :allears:.

Considering he was holding a flaming puppet, I'm not sure how improvised it was.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Mike's reaction was definitely not improvised. You definitely see real fear for a couple of seconds.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The more I listen to “Mother Crabber” the more I get used to new Crow’s voice.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Nemo2342 posted:

The more I listen to “Mother Crabber” the more I get used to new Crow’s voice.

I totally agree, I love the emphasis she places on

I'm the King, on this island I am lionized,
Only guy from this island without giant eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The fire is even better on the Poopie tape.