Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

adeadcrab posted:

someone on reddit was saying Resolve (who conducted this poll) is a Channel 9 lib propaganda polling place that doesn't align with the other pollsters. They're either right or we're all wrong again.
that's not really true. they are nine's current poll of choice & run by jim reed who's an ex-crosby-textor guy (consultancy firm that does a lot of internal polling for conservative political parties, including the liberals) but it's not deliberately biased propaganda or anything. they were pretty strongly lib-leaning last year compared to the other polls but this year have been more in line with other polls, while still bouncing around a lot poll-to-poll compared to the others. they also seem to be overestimating the greens lately & probably underestimating the majors a little

https://twitter.com/kevinbonham/status/1526474851371712518

here's bonham's cautions about resolve (more in thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."
Looks like there are some tight polls out.

https://twitter.com/vanonselenp/status/1526535528405155840?s=21&t=lToiJirDkpjJ1Ytls4s7xA

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Saw someone sharing Dennis the election koala in the wild today. Nice work.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Amoeba102 posted:

Yaaay

Online, or a pamphlet?

lih
May 15, 2013

the greens mailed it to me

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
Went and voted earlier today. As we walked into the voting centre, my partner started asking me the important questions, such as "is this going to be a short visit where you follow the Greens HTV or are you going to vote below the line to make sure the Ultra-Nazis definitely don't get your preferences over the regular Nazis?".

The guy knows me too well. :allears:

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
My election predictions:

Death is certain.

I'm really hoping Greens pick up an extra seat and at least on the Teal independents knock off a Lib so I can savour their tears for the next 4 years.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

lih posted:

I suspect they may know they are the nice party.

hidys
May 6, 2015

These tight polls are getting me nervous. Not sure I can take a 2019 repeat.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is the race tightening or is the media just talking poo poo to build hype and get clicks, who knows

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I can’t wait for UAP to go back into hibernation for the next two and a half years. Sick of the ads everywhere.

Going to vote tomorrow to get it out of the way and skip my democracy/covid sausage. Still being really careful in public as my mothers aged care place keeps getting locked down due to positive cases and I don’t want to take it in there.
For the big night I’ve got a friend bringing some homemade edibles, I’ve chopped enough firewood to last 24 hours in the little fire pit I built, and just need to shop for snack foods. Should be a good night regardless of how things go.

hidys
May 6, 2015

bowmore posted:

Is the race tightening or is the media just talking poo poo to build hype and get clicks, who knows

I think the race has always been tight and the polls are finally catching up.
I really doubt Essential (run a by former Labor staffer IIRC) would deliberately tighten their poll fos media narrative.

Edit: Although I accept that PVO would 100% do this. So we’ll have to see what the poll says.

hidys fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 17, 2022

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Amoeba102 posted:

Was it specifically in off ya tree on Hindley st in the early afternoon? Because if so, thanks.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

lih posted:

Nice!

Which electorate/candidate? I only ever hear about this stuff second hand; I wish they would tell me when they use it! I wanna see! It makes me feel like I'm not wasting my time.

I live overseas and elections in particular make me feel homesick and disconnected. Hearing/seeing that Dennis and Ken are doing the rounds makes up somewhat for all the volunteering I can't do and sausages I can't eat. (Although I actually ordered some proper sausages especially this week, so I can have a democracy snag at home. Must remember to buy bread on Friday.)

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

Nice!

Which electorate/candidate? I only ever hear about this stuff second hand; I wish they would tell me when they use it! I wanna see! It makes me feel like I'm not wasting my time.

I live overseas and elections in particular make me feel homesick and disconnected. Hearing/seeing that Dennis and Ken are doing the rounds makes up somewhat for all the volunteering I can't do and sausages I can't eat. (Although I actually ordered some proper sausages especially this week, so I can have a democracy snag at home. Must remember to buy bread on Friday.)

I used it to explain to my mate that he didnt have to vote Teal 1 Labor 2 Greens 3 to successfully oust the Lib in his seat (something like 100 votes between them last election) and he is now voting Lab 1 Teal 2

I mean its not perfect but its a start.

Actually, is it on Instagram as a multi-image post? that would really help spread it far and wide.

lih
May 15, 2013

Nice!

was from michael berkman (qld state mp for maiwar) but as part of a campaign push for the federal seat of ryan this election (elizabeth watson-brown is the candidate here) - came with a newsletter with 'here are the local issues i'm fighting for lately btw vote greens in the federal election'

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Laserface posted:

Actually, is it on Instagram as a multi-image post? that would really help spread it far and wide.

The websites with it's here:

https://www.chickennation.com/voting/

on the site it's got a bunch of other ways to link it. couldn't find intagram but there is:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/zpxlng/status/1097678104464478208
Tumbler: https://zpxlng.tumblr.com/post/182904331270/you-cant-waste-your-vote
Imgur:https://imgur.com/gallery/5SaXrob

As well as links on how to share through facebook, pintrest, reddit, and email.

And also you know, download it.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Laserface posted:

Done:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdqzVlNFflK/

Other people have posted it too, previously, but now it's 'official' if you like.

And here's the Senate one, which I posted a while ago in LEETLE CUBES:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcOjhXshwoB/

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

lih posted:

was from michael berkman (qld state mp for maiwar) but as part of a campaign push for the federal seat of ryan this election (elizabeth watson-brown is the candidate here) - came with a newsletter with 'here are the local issues i'm fighting for lately btw vote greens in the federal election'

Ah, yes... McBerkman. I'm aware of his... activities.

https://twitter.com/zpxlng/status/1523967203280044033

dr_rat posted:

The websites with it's here:

https://www.chickennation.com/voting/

And also you know, download it.

Yeah, please download the pages and have them handy for sharing! Keep 'em on your phone too maybe! As much as I appreciate the web traffic (especially when it flows through to my ko-fi), I think it's also good to post the images directly, when you want to share the comic, in most circumstances. Like I imagine more people are likely to read it when it's right there in front of them, all colourful and inviting and not a mystery behind a weird URL from some reply rando.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yaaay

Online, or a pamphlet?

Online, facebook.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

lih posted:

resolve are the most obviously unreliable poll (extremely low majors primary vote, likely overestimating greens & independents too, changed their methodology to include phone polls just for this last poll) & if those numbers were replicated on election day it'd just be a small labor majority or labor minority with a few greens

not really any sign of doom on its own

It's very funny that Nine/Fairfax's response to supposedly unreliable polling in 2019 was to find and stick with an even more unreliable polling company

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
ALP 51
LNP 49
GRN 2
UAP 0
PHON 1
OTH 9

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

DRINK ME posted:

I can’t wait for UAP to go back into hibernation for the next two and a half years. Sick of the ads everywhere.

Going to vote tomorrow to get it out of the way and skip my democracy/covid sausage. Still being really careful in public as my mothers aged care place keeps getting locked down due to positive cases and I don’t want to take it in there.
For the big night I’ve got a friend bringing some homemade edibles, I’ve chopped enough firewood to last 24 hours in the little fire pit I built, and just need to shop for snack foods. Should be a good night regardless of how things go.

Tbh I think we're going to see low key UAP ads forever. Whenever there's bad news, there will be more of them.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Done:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdqzVlNFflK/

Other people have posted it too, previously, but now it's 'official' if you like.

And here's the Senate one, which I posted a while ago in LEETLE CUBES:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcOjhXshwoB/

Thanks for this. i know a lot of people on here dont use social media but getting this on a few of the bigger local meme pages could really help people understand that you can still vote greens AND give your vote to labor. so many friends argue with me to the bitter end that voting GRN1 LAB2 or some other brand doesnt work because its 'not a whole vote' or something.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

ALP 51
LNP 49
GRN 2
UAP 0
PHON 1
OTH 9

For fucks sake

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ALP 1
LNP 1
GRN 69
UAP 1
PHON 1
OTH 27

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

numbers dont lie wrap it up

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

numbers dont lie wrap it up

What is this?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

What is this flavour, praline and arse?

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

Senor Tron posted:

What is this?

the battle is between the teal independents and the pink party with a sample size of 3.85

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Don't think I've seen a single Liberal poster in my area which is good to see! Lots of Labor around.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Tomberforce posted:

Don't think I've seen a single Liberal poster in my area which is good to see! Lots of Labor around.

Yeah but increasingly I don't think this is the issue. Like true hardline ideological tories are relatively small percentage of voters. When people are politically engaged they're more likely to vote Labor, albo wins all the debates etc, the polled prefer Labor outside of election week etc

The problem is widespread apathy and that a lot of the apathetic default to the lib govt when voting

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

How much brandy is in the Barnaby bread?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Animal Friend posted:

How much brandy is in the Barnaby bread?

Literally just a bottle of brandy inside of a plastic bread bag. The bread tag say it expired five years ago, but people keep on buying it. :shrug:

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
so will jim chalmers be the next labor leader?

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
labor might have won with a chalm offensive

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I've now seen two Labor signs and one LNP sign in my part of Ryan, it really does feel like a substantial part of the electorate are behind the Greens. I'm still not convinced that they'll win because Kenmore is Tory central but they are also the types that would vote Green and not ALP if they felt that the LNP had failed them.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/crikey_news/status/1526774734733574146

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

Testekill posted:

I've now seen two Labor signs and one LNP sign in my part of Ryan, it really does feel like a substantial part of the electorate are behind the Greens. I'm still not convinced that they'll win because Kenmore is Tory central but they are also the types that would vote Green and not ALP if they felt that the LNP had failed them.
kenmore & moggill did get owned by the floods recently & labor & the greens have both been campaigning on issues around that (a new bridge to moggill to make sure they don't get stranded again in particular, which the lnp have refused to support)

greens have also been focusing on the seat for longer than labor, labor seemed to only realise they had a good chance at it mid-campaign. there's also a lot of room for the left to gain even in the taringa/indooroopilly/toowong area, which is very strong for the greens at the state level now, while federally it was still lnp leaning in 2019.

i feel increasingly optimistic about either labor or greens picking it up being a real chance now