Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
cinco de mayo options
This poll is closed.
taco bowl [WE LOVE HISPANICS!] 115 36.39%
huge gross burrito 78 24.68%
normal food for a human 41 12.97%
buddykins [straight tequila directly from plastic bottle] 82 25.95%
Total: 252 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

y'all are freaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
stop trying to ride your bike through that tunnel

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

radical meme posted:

Liberace, Ringo Starr, Joan Rivers, Joey Heatherton, Debbie Reynolds and I don't know.

OMG Joey Heatherton,

I don't know a thing about her except SCTV did a spoof of her and the woman playing her, Catherine O'Hara, resembled her so closely that I recognized her as looking like Catherine.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Plinkey posted:

man, i loving hate cars, might as well live in one of the 75 biggest cities in the US

Tbh tho thats probably the only way you'll get public transpo, unless you live right next to wear you work and a grocery store

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

this is the logical conclusion to identity politics

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/1526562422349172736

Apr 7, 2003

Plinkey posted:

man, i loving hate cars, might as well live in one of the 75 biggest cities in the US

you absolutely drive more than I do

you live in a city to avoid cars, but the trains are all hosed up right now

Apr 7, 2003

People killing each other non-stop on the roads because they're all psychos: inconsequential

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

skaboomizzy posted:

we're not meant to live under constant stress and dread for years at a time like this

lol

yeah I used to say we're living through a mass mental trauma event but that terminology doesn't quite capture the fact that it's never going got end

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I feel like you're the only person that cares about Pittsburgh

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

titty_baby_ posted:

Idk, I dont see the signs actually in the tunnel so they must only apply to cars before the tunnel

as a rule, you don't cross solid lines.

out of curiosity, I looked up the NY Port Authority rules for the Holland/Midtown/Lincoln tunnels and it's illegal to cross those lines.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1524562081474830337

quote:

According to a new filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Donald Trump‘s Twitter knockoff hasn’t attracted a single paying advertiser and likely won’t have any until at least next year, assuming it’s even still around then.

Meanwhile, the app’s parent company, Trump Media & Technology Group, is bleeding money and “expects to incur significant losses into the foreseeable future.”

Elon Musk said he would consider lifting Trump’s permanent Twitter ban should be acquire the blue bird platform for $44 billion later this year. If this happens, Trump says he’ll consider rejoining, but he’ll publish all his posts on Truth Social first then wait six hours before publishing the same content on any other site.

How this is supposed to translate into revenue is anyone’s guess.

Last week, Devin Nunes, who quit Congress to be CEO of Trump Media and Technology Group, told the Federalist Radio Hour podcast that Twitter was “a waste of time,” describing the site as a “ghost town.”

“Places like Twitter don’t have very many people,” Nunes said. “There’s just not very many real people if you have bot farms, left-wing bot farms, spam accounts, corporate accounts, and then you have a lot of dead accounts.”

Coincidentally, last month, Business Insider reported that Truth Social was “like a conservative ghost town” that was “overrun by bots.” One of those bots was a verified account for Fox News, which resulted in the conservative propaganda network issuing a statement confirming, “We are not on Truth Social.”

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

DesertIslandHermit posted:

He'll be back after a month of being fed raw steak and the parasites go to his brain and want more of that juicy content

What, is his daughter checking him into rehab again?

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

still cant wrap my head around the fact that a significant portion of the human population thinks that morbidly obese geriatric dontald jonh trump is actually a young virile adonis with an 8-pack

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

everyone is really bad at driving

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

tacodaemon posted:

yeah I used to say we're living through a mass mental trauma event but that terminology doesn't quite capture the fact that it's never going got end

lmao 🤣

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

every time Dionne Warwick comes up in any context I have to remind people how much this song owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMsiGMKHJ8k

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i drive about 20 miles a week

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

people can't even use the lights properly

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

CODChimera posted:

here in the US it's basically a citizenship requirement to believe you're the only one who is good at driving and it's just everyone else who's really bad at it somehow

Apr 7, 2003

CODChimera posted:

https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/news/liberty-tunnel-rollover-crash/

love to roll my car over in a tunnel

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I wish my commute was shorter but its still not bad tbh and it takes me thru the store parts of town so getting stuff on the way home is convenient, and then where I actually live is near a bunch of stores and bars and parks and has easy bike access and walking so it sort of evens out

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

it hasn't even started yet

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Plinkey posted:

i drive about 20 miles a week

Just think about how much less stressed you'd be if you biked!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

also if you're in a part of the country that gets so much as a snowflake out of the sky each winter, you have to believe that you're the one who knows how to drive in the snow and it's just everyone else who sucks at it, yes siree bob

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

here in the US it's basically a citizenship requirement to believe you're the only one who is good at driving and it's just everyone else who's really bad at it somehow

same here. and old people who literally cannot drive safely

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

CODChimera posted:

and they are proud of it!

"i can't cook and i'm a bad driver i'm so unique and quirky" no you fuckin suck learn basic adult tasks god dammit

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tacodaemon posted:

around here most people drive fine

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
shut up about cars, and bikes, and "trpurmp"

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

they should go back to enforcing those oldass laws where if you're driving a car in the city you have to have someone walking in front of you waving a warning flag or whatever

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

People killing each other non-stop on the roads because they're all psychos: inconsequential

germany has an autobahn cause their people respect driving and dont assume everyone is a psycho on the road

maybe learn to drive better

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

CODChimera posted:

people can't even use the lights properly

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

titty_baby_ posted:

I wish my commute was shorter but its still not bad tbh and it takes me thru the store parts of town so getting stuff on the way home is convenient, and then where I actually live is near a bunch of stores and bars and parks and has easy bike access and walking so it sort of evens out

:same:

I wouldn't mind finding work closer to my apartment, but there are three things keeping me here:

1. They let me wear my respirator. If they told me that I can't wear it anymore tomorrow, I'd be looking for a new job that night.
2. It's been fairly stable. The economy is poo poo right now, and I really don't want to quit only to get canned a few months later because the economy is poo poo and I'm the new guy (this happens every time the economy turns to poo poo)
3. A pretty sweet lake to eat lunch at.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

titty_baby_ posted:

Just think about how much less stressed you'd be if you biked!

i would bike more if we had actual bike lanes/paths in this area instead of "sharing the road" with 5000 lb hunks of steel and plastic whizzing past me at 90 mph

Apr 7, 2003

Hot Karl Marx posted:

germany has an autobahn cause their people respect driving and dont assume everyone is a psycho on the road

maybe learn to drive better

I'm not the one illegally merging in the middle of a tunnel

terminal car brain, so sad

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

WarMECH posted:

and they are proud of it!

"i can't cook and i'm a bad driver i'm so unique and quirky" no you fuckin suck learn basic adult tasks god dammit

depends how you define being able to cook and what a bad driver means

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

titty_baby_ posted:

Yeah i don't think I really function well in an office all day, and definitely not at home the times I've worked from home. I wish my commute was shorter but it's still less then many peoples. When I'm actually at work now I spend half the day driving thru beautiful scenery and going to remote places on back roads and its pretty cool

I miss it sometimes but it's also pretty cool working from home with my pets and wife and when I'm done with work i can just immediately get high and go walk around outside and i don't have to eat quite as many gas station sandwiches

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

it makes me so sad that people actually eat gas station food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I can't believe you guys were arguing over what "STAY IN LANE" means.