Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

there arent enough games where you get to play as the monster which is why i appreciate the alien vs predator games for letting you be the xenomorph or the alien

If you have gamepass check out Carrion. You basically play as The Blob (but made of flesh), it's quite fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i would play a FPS where you are Jason

One of the Call of Duties did something like that with Michael Meyers. Starts around 1:20.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O428sDQnnDw

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

flashy_mcflash posted:

One good thing about most FPS's is that if you only use melee combat you can credibly assume that the protagonist is always Jason.

There’s a level in the 2009 Wolfenstein game where you break into an SS manor and an axe is conspicuously placed next to the door, and you can use your mystical Vril superpowers along with that axe to live out your slasher movie fantasies and butcher all of the Nazis, it’s loving excellent.

I mean, like, you can shoot your way through the level if you want, it’s just more satisfying with the axe. :black101:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

that firestarter movie wasnt bad. another banger score out of Carpenter too.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

dorium posted:

that firestarter movie wasnt bad. another banger score out of Carpenter too.

Yeah I wasn’t too interested in it but when I heard Carpenter scored it I figured I might as well see it

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I still like the original better but the remake isn't terrible and the score is really good.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I like the new little girl much more than I liked Drew Barrymore in the same role.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I hated the part where the new girl killed a cat for biting her :mad:

And I wasn't feeling the rest of the movie either except for the John Carpenter score. The original at least had sick practical effects.

Also it made me feel old that they cast Zac Efron as the dad of a girl who's supposed to be 11 years old :negative:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I thought the new one had some great practical. they definitely touched them up with some CG, but that dude getting turned into a crispy critter later in the movie looked real good.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I think Firestarter started good but really fell apart around 2/3 of the way through. While I appreciate shorter movies, it really needed some extra time for Charlie to find the facility her dad was at. It went from "Where is he" to psychic GPS, which is fine, but how close was that place that she got there in a commercial break???

I also missed the actual interactions with Rainbird that were in the original movie and I think? the book. It seemed to me for a second that they were setting Kurtwood Smith up for that role, but nope, just a quick cameo. I also am not real pumped on the "Dad pushed her to burn everything down". It wasn't like that initially was it? It kinda just absolved her of any guilt.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Medullah posted:

I also am not real pumped on the "Dad pushed her to burn everything down". It wasn't like that initially was it? It kinda just absolved her of any guilt.
It was like that in the original movie too. I don't know if it was like that in the book, though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rageaholic posted:

It was like that in the original movie too. I don't know if it was like that in the book, though.

Huh okay I stand corrected.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HGqcifonvs

new Predator looking interesting

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm excited for the new Predator movie Prey , but apprehensive because its a Hulu only movie title so we will see.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hollismason posted:

I'm excited for the new Predator movie Prey , but apprehensive because its a Hulu only movie title so we will see.
It's directed by the 10 Cloverfield Lane guy and has a native American cast, so I'm hopeful.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Playing F13 with a good set of headphones was the most scared any media has made me in a long time.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Can you no longer play the F13 game?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

MrMojok posted:

Can you no longer play the F13 game?

You still can!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

looks good. hopefully its not full of super predators and all that other weird poo poo from the last one, although that made for a pretty good comedy

watched The Sadness. strange film, it wasn't nearly as disturbing as I thought it would be, which was probably a good thing

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rageaholic posted:

It was. It's also a major plot point that Charlie has been taught from infancy to never use her powers without parental permission, which is why the Shop couldn't run any tests until they set up Rainbird as a substitute father.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think it’s the same in the book. At least the idea is that Charlie is “given permission” and told to do it by her dad even if he doesn’t outright “push” her.

And truthfully while I don’t love the story or either movie I hardly think the problem is not committing enough to an 8 year old being a mass murderer.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

CODChimera posted:

looks good. hopefully its not full of super predators and all that other weird poo poo from the last one, although that made for a pretty good comedy

I forget which one it was (there's been a lot of predator movies), but the Preds tech only upgrades as far as their previous fight allowed. so if they got the three dot shooter maybe they dont have invisibility yet or maybe its like early stages invisibility and only lasts like 5 seconds at a time and takes minutes to recharge so its only an escape tool and not a god level hunting tool.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
https://twitter.com/ChrisLaMartina/status/1526571033674776577?s=20&t=KjDc5Ri8FKwAn5QOQgZ_Ug

Folks,

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I will watch the sequel even if I didnt think the first one really worked all that well there was still some charm to it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I could watch a whole movie of fake commercials. They were perfect

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Liar Lyre posted:

I could watch a whole movie of fake commercials. They were perfect

Sometime last year I bought this:
https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections/agfa/products/the-agfa-horror-trailer-show-agfa

It's real trailers, but it's fun to watch

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Ever watched the 42nd Street Forever comps?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CODChimera posted:

watched The Sadness. strange film, it wasn't nearly as disturbing as I thought it would be, which was probably a good thing

I’m still furious that nobody called the super pred Apex Predator

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

What I really want is a 90 minute movie made up up 90 second to 160 second trailers for movies that dont exist by major and budding horror directors and one gets made into a full production the following year.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
F13 is the only online multiplayer game I ever got into, and I was hoooooked. I was legitimately upset when the legal issues killed development on the game and it lost the dedicated servers. It can get very tense, there was nothing like wiping out a full lobby as Jason or pulling off a last-minute escape as a counselor (go Deb!).

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

dorium posted:

What I really want is a 90 minute movie made up up 90 second to 160 second trailers for movies that dont exist by major and budding horror directors and one gets made into a full production the following year.

Didn't this actually happen with one of the fake trailers from Grindhouse? Nazi Werewolves of the SS or something?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Takes No Damage posted:

Didn't this actually happen with one of the fake trailers from Grindhouse? Nazi Werewolves of the SS or something?

Hobo with a Shotgun

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I guess those Grindhouse trailers arent on youtube, but they're on the ever reliable DailyMotion

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2pb2nq

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xenomrph posted:

Hobo with a Shotgun

And Machete

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Not that I use it much, but I love that Dailymotion is out there just hosting vast amounts of pirated and grey-area content because, well, come on. Who cares about Dailymotion?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Phy posted:

And Machete

They weren't great movies, but I must admit minor disappointment that we never got Machete Kills Again... In Space.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Not that I use it much, but I love that Dailymotion is out there just hosting vast amounts of pirated and grey-area content because, well, come on. Who cares about Dailymotion?

Dailymotion has a reliably large quantity of VHS era horror movies, and it's such a treat that nobody gives a gently caress about it. Every now and then I'll be like, 'Ugh where am I going to find a copy of ______,' and reliably, somebody named like hotbox420 has uploaded it there. Bless the internet.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Phy posted:

And Machete

I forgot that started as a Grindhouse trailer.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jedit posted:

They weren't great movies, but I must admit minor disappointment that we never got Machete Kills Again... In Space.

...yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Takes No Damage posted:

People already pointed out Hobo With A Shotgun and Machete getting full movies, but the other aspect of that is that there was a contest where you could create your own grindhouse trailers and submit them, and whoever won would get their trailer added to the movie (in Canada only for some reason). I watched a bunch of them, the only ones I remember were the 70s grindhouse Hobo With A Shotgun and one called Maiden of Death that was like an undead avenging metal musician. HWAS won the contest and the trailer got added to Canadian screenings of Grindhouse. They also got enough attention from that that they were able to produce a full-length movie off the idea, although it went in a really different direction than the trailer.