Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for telling my girlfriend she would look cuter again if she lost the weight she'd gained over time?

Isn't Asian girls having to be tiny and thin part of the oversexualization of Asian women? I kind of want races and ages because I want to be proven wrong about my assumptions.

Also that woman is not fat and if anything is healthier at that weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
AITA for expecting my husband to pay for the tools my daughter used for the handmade necklace he threw out.

quote:

My husband and I have disagreements from time to time. Nothing major just normal stuff.

He has a habit of throwing out something of mine as a way to "teach me a lesson" whenever he's upset with me after an argument. This time he threw out the handmade necklace my daughter (13) made for me herself on mother's day. The argument was about him wanting to hang out with his buddies on the day of my mom's surgery (I wanted him to stay home and be with our daughter but he refused). Yesterday I found out he threw out the necklace and after he admitted to what he did, I went off on him and also told him that this necklace was special to me and that my daughter spent so much time and effort to make it. She comforted me then told me she'd make an identical one for me if I buy her the tools, I went to my husband and told him I was expecting H.I.M to cough up the money to pay for thr tools so my daughter could make me a similar necklace. He laughed and said that I was delusional to expect him to pay when I haven't even apologized for my "part" of the argument but I felt like I had nothing to apologize for and that yes, he should stay home for a family emergency. He said "why don't you have one of your friends come stay with Chloe? Oh yes you don't have any!" This pissed me off but he said he wouldn't pay but I told him that our daughter knew what he did which set him off saying I was trying to turn our daughter against him and brainwash her into thinking he's the bad guy in this scenario.

I told him I'm still expecting him to pay but now he's saying that I'm ganging up on him with our daughter

Naturally, the first loving comment, in giant bold letters:

Coward Mods posted:

Be Civil.

Insults and name-calling, like the ever-popular manchild will get you a ban.

Please review our FAQ if you're unsure what that means.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Please have decorum when discussing this abusive piece of poo poo.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

limp_cheese posted:

Isn't Asian girls having to be tiny and thin part of the oversexualization of Asian women? I kind of want races and ages because I want to be proven wrong about my assumptions.

It's way complicated. The pressure to be thin is absolutely present within Asian and South Asian cultures, and in particular Korean and Japanese cultures. It isn't as simple as "white people oversexualize Asian women". However, do white people also oversexualize Asian and South Asian women? Absolutely.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

limp_cheese posted:

I don't think that's exclusive to a specific race. There's many people calling underage Black girls 'grown' and 'fast' just because they hit puberty early and now have fatty tissue sprouting on their underage chests and other extra padding. That's just misogyny with racism, fetishization, and fatphobia dumped on top, on part of that reddit op. poo poo's a complicated mess of hatefulness.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

The Bee posted:

AITA for expecting my husband to pay for the tools my daughter used for the handmade necklace he threw out.

I was going to post this one too - it just makes me sick reading it. :smith:

Edit for content, another one of those "I had an affair and got the other woman pregnant and now I expect you to parent the kid"

AITA for refusing to let my ex’s kid come with us to Disney?

quote:

Alright, so I have a son(13M) with my ex husband. We got divorced because he was having a emotional affair which turned physical, and had a kid with the AP, and is a single dad atm as the AP left.

My son goes over to his house on weekends, and sometimes his kid comes over to my house because my son and him are somewhat friends, and I don’t really mind.

The problem now is that I’m planning on taking me and my son to Disney as I’ve been saving it up for him as I believe he should go there at least once in his life to experience it, as well as him having good grades for the whole semester.

I believe that my son must’ve told his half brother, as my ex husband called me and asked me what day I’m planning to leave and am I driving or him. I was confused initially, but I realized what he was talking about, and told him that it was just gonna be a trip for me and my son.

He started to get mad and accused me of favoring my son over his half sibling and trying to be petty for his past actions, and such, and told me I should at least offered for his son to go too.

I told him no, as I wasn’t gonna pay for another plane ticket and other supplies, and that if his son wanted to go, he needed to pay for himself, I hanged up before he could say anything else.

Now my son says that his dad was ‘disappointed’ about my decision and to go try to ‘change my mind’ so his half sibling could have fun too and some other remarks.

My ex and a few of my friends who heard about the situation say I’m TA for not letting his brother go on the trip as well and that I’m being selfish and petty, so I’m starting to reconsider everything and just relenting, so I wanted a outside opinion.

AITA?

Involuntary Sparkle fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 17, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Bee posted:

Oh, you know, we have our small disagreements just like anyone else. Also he regularly throws away my property and berates me when he has tantrums about not getting his way

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Bee posted:

Pay for the tools for the daughter to make a new necklace.

Give the necklace to the husband.

The necklace says "GO gently caress YOURSELF" and comes with divorce papers.

Also do this after the OP and the daughter (and any other kids) are in a safe place.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Bradford/callery pears aren't fruit trees. They're ornamentals. They were wildly trendy for decades, but the modern consensus is that they aren't good public trees. They have a tendency to split and drop branches, and they stink. Bradford pears are actually a sterile (don't bear fruit) cultivar of callery pears. Callery pears are indeed invasive and crowd out native plants.

Yeah, I'm torn on that one, because gently caress THOSE TREES. We used to have dogwoods naturally. Now we have those fuckers because they crowded out the dogwoods. Look down the woods during the right time of year, see white, know that's one of those loving trees obliterating the local environment. There's state bans on planting new ones now.

Fun fact, those loving sterile plants can still cross-pollinate and cause a new Callery that's also invasive as hell. They're the devil and they should be murdered the second they are seen.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

They also smell bad

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Everett False posted:

Imagine telling other people you said this to a coworker. :psyduck: My dude. My guy. You've typed this series of words at least twice. Did you read the words you typed.

I have very little respect for the guy, but I can't help but admire the audacity of typing out those words and acting shocked when told that they could be interpreted as sexual.

limp_cheese posted:

I'm sure it is, but it's a sentiment that defies race and creed, you'll find that kind of dude in any relationship where a slim girl dares approach a healthier weight.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 17, 2022

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Once again be mindful of sharing posts that have pretty overt abuse.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

limp_cheese posted:

Yeah. "When we met my girlfriend was kind of skinny, but now she's more of an average weight for her height. And I *hate* it so I'm doing all I can to give her an eating disorder."

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Yeah, I'm torn on that one, because gently caress THOSE TREES. We used to have dogwoods naturally. Now we have those fuckers because they crowded out the dogwoods. Look down the woods during the right time of year, see white, know that's one of those loving trees obliterating the local environment. There's state bans on planting new ones now.

Wow, that sucks. Seeing dogwood and redbud glimmering through the bare trees is one of the delights of spring.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Understandable. Honestly it was the sheer audacity of the mod comment (the italics was not my formatting) that made me want to post, but I can snip if preferred.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Cthulu Carl posted:

Also do this after the OP and the daughter (and any other kids) are in a safe place.

Did someone say a "Go gently caress Yourself" necklace?:

It was my uncles that my grandmother gave me.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It's way complicated. The pressure to be thin is absolutely present within Asian and South Asian cultures, and in particular Korean and Japanese cultures. It isn't as simple as "white people oversexualize Asian women". However, do white people also oversexualize Asian and South Asian women? Absolutely.

If you think it's just white people oversexualizing Asian women and children, I have bad news for you, about Japan especially. I will never understand why the world gives Japan a pass on poo poo like child prostitution being not only legal but culturally celebrated.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

run on sentience posted:

If you think it's just white people oversexualizing Asian women and children, I have bad news for you, about Japan especially. I will never understand why the world gives Japan a pass on poo poo like child prostitution being not only legal but culturally celebrated.

B-but they're not children, they're 3000 year old demons in a child's body...

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

run on sentience posted:

That's the reverse of what I said. I said "white people also oversexualize", meaning that white people aren't the only ones, as discussed in the previous sentence.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

run on sentience posted:

It's because world leaders are all pedophiles.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Did someone say a "Go gently caress Yourself" necklace?:

It was my uncles that my grandmother gave me.

I appreciate the maker's forethought in mounting the "Go gently caress yourself" upsidedown so the that wearer can read it clearly and bystanders can tell that the message is not for them.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

aardwolf posted:

How much of them... what percentage of their body volume is ears? :allears:
Are there really no responses to the Fennec Fox being "why the hell are you keeping a wild animal in a studio apartment?"

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Remulak posted:

Are there really no responses to the Fennec Fox being "why the hell are you keeping a wild animal in a studio apartment?"

Maybe they like the smell of piss, op.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

They also smell bad

Specifically, they smell like cum.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Remulak posted:

There's an animal some people breed as pets and some people are dumb about where they keep pets. Not really as surprised as I could be!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The Moon Monster posted:

I've been around cum that smelled better

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

The Moon Monster posted:

You might want to see a doctor.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Mr. Lobe posted:

I've been around cum that smelled better

Putin's personal chef spotted

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Cthulu Carl posted:

Buy some rope so OP & her daughter can make dad the "necklace" he really deserves

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Tarkus posted:

You might want to see a doctor.

It is known. Business Insider has the scoop for you https://www.businessinsider.com/bradford-pear-tree-semen-sex-smell-2013-4

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Estranged mom

quote:

My DH and I have had a similar response which, in light of the severe action taken on our ED’s part, seems grossly unwarranted. With some adult children today it’s as if the threshold for conflict (and I mean ANY conflict) has been lowered to levels that no family can withstand. We talk about the punishments and consequences we received as kids and teens, knowing how easy we were on our kids, and just shake our heads. Never would we have even considered the occasional yelling, unpleasant conversations, groundings, and other run-of-the-mill butting of heads in our household to be worthy of outright banishment of our family!

Without getting into details, my sibs and I had to go before the Grand Jury to testify against our father when he got in hot water. There was also alcoholism and infidelity to cope with, a teen pregnancy, brief period of stark poverty and an assortment of other real life circumstances we had to live with. We survived it all and stuck together despite everything. No one declared our family “toxic.” Everyone handles life’s pitfalls differently but to abandon your immediate family because of ordinary conflict and the many mistakes that are human is something we of our generation aren’t wired to understand. I knew my parents loved me and I still love them, warts and all.

What are the odds that the hot water was child sexual abuse? I'm guessing at least 80%.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Those are some loving warts

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

limp_cheese posted:

ya more weight = more to love :D

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

trickybiscuits posted:

Estranged mom

What are the odds that the hot water was child sexual abuse? I'm guessing at least 80%.

lmfao what the gently caress. "No one declared our family “toxic.”" motherfucker you yourself by your own admission was compelled to testify against your own father by a grand jury, how could that not set off any alarms???

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Biplane posted:

lmfao what the gently caress. "No one declared our family “toxic.”" motherfucker you yourself by your own admission was compelled to testify against your own father by a grand jury, how could that not set off any alarms???

OPs admitted standards for "normal" are so warped the rest of what she says is even more suspect than it reads, which is already dubious.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It's way complicated. The pressure to be thin is absolutely present within Asian and South Asian cultures, and in particular Korean and Japanese cultures.

China too. When I lived there for a couple of years the rule of thumb I heard bandied about was that if you were a woman and you weighed over 100 jin (50 kg/132 pounds) you Were Fat. No questions asked and absolutely no accounting for height, why would you even ask about that?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Come one! Come all! Come see the amazing man without a spine!

AITA for yelling at my wife infront of my family for putting salt in my mom's birthday cake.

quote:

So, my wife (24) is the main cook in the apartment. She cooks whenever we have guests over and for AGES mom has been complaining about my wife not adding enough salt in her meals, my wife would take it personally and start a fight over this small comment my mom makes.

Anyways, my wife and I hosted dinner weeks ago and mom made the same comment about my wife not using enough salt even though my wife swore she did and said she was careful with salt but mom still insisted food was tasteless. Now the family were divided on this so we couldn't really decide if my wife really used enough salt.

My wife started crying after they left saying mom was being deliberate with this salt remark to make her look like a bad cook but I told her it's not true and she needed to let it go and she did, hours later she forgot about it completely.

For my mom's birthday, my wife offered to make the birthday cake saying she found a really great recipe on a cooking blog. Mom wasn't excited for the idea but I told my wife to do it thinking it'd be a nice gesture to help them get past their conflict.

We went to my mom's house and brought the cake. During the party my wife insisted my mom be the first to taste the cake. Mom grabbed a piece and once she put it in her mouth she immediately got it out while spitting in the plate. We freaked out and got her some water while she was yelling that there was salt in the cake, I looked at my wife and she said she had no idea what mom was talking about. I immediately went to get a piece and taste some and found that it was FULL of salt. It tasted horribly, absolutely horrible. Still my wife acted confused but I told her how hosed up it was for her to put salt in the cake. She said that since mom was obsessed with salt then she figured she'd prefer it over sugar in her birthday cake. I was flabbergasted I blew up and berated her infront of my family til she took her bag and went home. My sister said it was alright and that my wife was probably feeling frustrated and wanted to "make a point" to my mom. I went home and she refused to speak except to say that I hurt her by yelling at her and that I should've told mom off when she kept making remarks about her cooking but I told her she acted childishly and ruined the birthday party and made an unnecessary scene for no reason at all. Now she's acting like the wronged party but I let her know she has to apologize to mom.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lol :salt:

bad mom, bad husband

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Your wife rules idiot hope she leaves your rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kuros posted:

Come one! Come all! Come see the amazing man without a spine!

AITA for yelling at my wife infront of my family for putting salt in my mom's birthday cake.