Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Murdstone posted:

lol How does this get through all the people it has to before going public without one person going "Uhhh..."

It even has a loving pube on it goddamn.

I really do think that joke someone made on the internet ages ago should be implemented. Every company and organization should have a 10 year old boy on the staff to look over any logos, slogans, or product names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Twelve by Pies posted:

It even has a loving pube on it goddamn.

I really do think that joke someone made on the internet ages ago should be implemented. Every company and organization should have a 10 year old boy on the staff to look over any logos, slogans, or product names.

I think that one's a dave barry original.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

By popular demand posted:

I keep telling the right-wing that they can have Rall for free, to do with as they please.
You'd think even a small a free victory would be enough for them.

He’s never been a leftist. He’s just another 90s contrarian who appeared to stand for something because he had contempt for an unsatisfactory status quo and hated Bush.

Every day I thank god that Bill Hicks died in the 90s. Even then, it was a little too late.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

axolotl farmer posted:

Rall is mad that everyone else isn't out in the streets rioting and burning cop cars.

He himself, as a creator of art and agitprop, is too important to risk his talents and life on the streets.

disposablewords posted:

Good to see Rall ignoring actual protests against the decision, protests that the entire rest of the right-wing have been dramatically clutching their pearls over, just like he ignored other protests to make one of his lovely non-points in an earlier comic about Ukraine just a few weeks ago.

Since the superhero has the Democratic Party logo on his chest, it's pretty clearly not a comic demanding random Gothamites defeat the bad guy somehow, but about how the people with the power to do so (in this case the Democratic Party which controls congress and the presidency and can protect abortion rights at will) are refusing to use their powers in favor of tweeting "DO SOMETHING!!"

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Another cartoon article by Zhang Zhouxiang using other's comics. The first one was published today and is by Song Chen.

quote:

The US Washington National Cathedral sounded 1,000 times to mark the 1 million Americans that have died in the COVID-19 pandemic.

It is the US’ own failure to respond effectively to the crisis that has led to such a tragic loss of life.

It is common sense to wear a mask against the virus, but the Democrats and Republicans have debated fiercely on it,

which turned many Americans into anti-maskers.

Vaccination is an strong defense too, but there is the anti-vaccine movement in the US.

Instead of covering these, US media outlets are busy boasting of the US’ “achievement”.

All these caused the US medical system to be overburdened.

Add to this, the gun violence and racial discrimination, and US people suffer much.

Yet instead of reflecting on their own errors, US politicians point fingers at China.

Do they feel any remorse that 1 million lives have been lost while they argue over what should be done? US politicians should act instead of just talking, so as to prevent more lives being lost.

Le Monde

by Maarten Wolterink

Charlie Hebdo

Inflation: Households reduce their spending
"We should push back by a week the purchase of our helicopter."

[singing the Marseillaise]
Yellow Vests [singing an 80's hit that's a popular group dance these days.]

The largest container in the world: 200,000 tons of rice
The smallest container in the world: 2 grains of rice

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

VitalSigns posted:

Since the superhero has the Democratic Party logo on his chest, it's pretty clearly not a comic demanding random Gothamites defeat the bad guy somehow, but about how the people with the power to do so (in this case the Democratic Party which controls congress and the presidency and can protect abortion rights at will) are refusing to use their powers in favor of tweeting "DO SOMETHING!!"

Check the snippet of his little "rant" under the comic. He talks about getting liberals angry and out on the streets. As in, protests. Which he also claimed a few weeks ago that nobody did for the US invading (or participating in strikes on) non-majority-white countries while eagerly protesting for Ukraine, so he doesn't have the benefit of the doubt here from me.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Oh ok I didn't read the rant

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
can't really fault you for that tbh

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

By popular demand posted:

I keep telling the right-wing that they can have Rall for free, to do with as they please.
You'd think even a small a free victory would be enough for them.
Free is far too high a price to pay for Ted Rall.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
There should be a category for least recognizable drawing of a human

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Super = superannuation, Australian's retirement benefit funds. Morrison enters last week with controversial plan to allow first home buyers to dip into super (SMH).

Rowe:

Paul Keating was the architect of the current superannuation system.

Shakespeare:

Wilcox:

Knight:

A lot of cricketers have died recently.

Spooner:

Uh, what?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bismuth posted:

There should be a category for least recognizable drawing of a human

Do we really need more categories that go to Rall by default? He's already got the Dali-style geometry one

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I want to see the skeleton of Ramirez's Biden

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I want to see the skeleton of Ramirez's Biden

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Epic High Five posted:

Do we really need more categories that go to Rall by default? He's already got the Dali-style geometry one

As bad as Rall's sun-dried simpsons look is, I dont think he holds a candle to the likes of Tim Campbell, or Ramirez's biden

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

IT’S TIME TO REMOVE THE ENTIRE ILLEGITIMATE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION

The Biden Administration continues to behave recklessly. They and their fellow Democrats are recklessly destroying America and they don’t care if we know it.

They also keep provoking Russia. it’s almost as if they want nuclear war. Many Republican RINOS such as Mitch McConnell are also eager to expand the war in Ukraine. It’s a war that does not serve America’s vital interests. Ukraine is not part of NATO—nor should it be. Ukraine’s comedian leader, Zelensky is a WEF New World Order Man. He keeps demanding more American taxpayer money. Biden, the Military Industrial Complex, and too many in Congress shamelessly want him to have it.

Even though we face a $30 trillion deficit, our warmongering politicians want to deliver $40 million the Ukraine government. Pelosi says we can afford to protect Ukraine’s borders. She has also said we can’t afford to fund a wall along our own border.

Biden’s wash day.

Rand Paul wants to stop the war funding. At the very least he wants to make sure the money is accounted for, but that’s not what Biden and Pelosi want. They and many of their fellow corrupt comrades want their kickbacks. Give the money to Zelensky and he’ll likely kick up 10 percent to the ‘Big Guy’ and more to the rest of the politicians and their family members by means of Swiss bank account deposits.

Too many keep touting Ukraine as a Democracy. It is not. It’s a trough of corruption. Zelensky is an unfunny comedic dictator who doesn’t allow competing parties. There is no free speech. There are actual Nazis there, but they’re presented as ‘good’ Nazis since they’re fighting for Zelensky and his New World Order comrades who don’t even seem to care about triggering nuclear war. In fact, some of our idiot political leaders actually encourage it. Perhaps it’s the way the ruling Illuminati will fulfill their plan to remove 7 billion human beings from the planet. It makes no sense because a nuclear winter can last hundreds if not thousands of years, but maybe they plan to go to their elaborate and luxurious underground bunkers and wait it out.

Biden is not only demented, he’s dangerous. It’s time for him to stop banging the nuclear war drums.

— Ben Garrison

So are democracies good now?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:
Spooner:

Uh, what?
Seems Spooner thinks the Teals are part of an international globalist plot to, you know, use climate change as a hoax to force us to give up our American Australian freedoms and live in cities and not drive cars and stop eating burgers.
"The Great Reset: Joe Biden and the Rise of Twenty-First-Century Fascism" is a book by Glen Beck, referring to the The Great Reset (the theme of of the 2020 World Economic Forum meeting), which has been a source of a great deal of conspiracy theories.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Tibalt posted:

Seems Spooner thinks the Teals are part of an international globalist plot to, you know, use climate change as a hoax to force us to give up our American Australian freedoms and live in cities and not drive cars and stop eating burgers.
"The Great Reset: Joe Biden and the Rise of Twenty-First-Century Fascism" is a book by Glen Beck, referring to the The Great Reset (the theme of of the 2020 World Economic Forum meeting), which has been a source of a great deal of conspiracy theories.
Oh well that's a perfectly normal thing to publish as the main editorial cartoon in The Australian then.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Robert Ariail

Steve Benson

Tim Campbell

Stuart Carlson

Matt Davies

John Deering

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Henry Payne

Michael Ramirez

Tom Stiglich

Tony Branco

quote:

Passing of the Torch: Jean-Pierre is the new disinformation sheriff in town taking over for Psaki who’s heading over to Fakenews NBC.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

That NBC peacock is cut and paste from somewhere, is gorrel spreading to the other conservatives?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Korthal posted:

That NBC peacock is cut and paste from somewhere, is gorrel spreading to the other conservatives?

Didn't you hear the latest manly man special on Fox News? Drawing a rainbow pattern will give you the gay.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

catching up with Kevin Siers of the Charlotte Observer

Madison Cawthorn represents western NC and gets a lot of attention

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Seems pretty Republican in deed, as well?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Queen’s platinum jubilee – After 70 years, has Queen Elizabeth had enough of British politics?"

Telegraph:

Roll up your sleeves and let's fix the Northern Ireland Protocol together, Boris Johnson urges DUP; 'Mounting tensions' could see EU shelve Russia oil embargo

Matt:

Margaret Thatcher statue egged by arts centre boss hours after being installed

Independent:

Britons struggling with cost of living should get a ‘better job’, says minister (Front of tandem: Norman Tebbit)

Times:

Evening Standard:

Jake Daniels: Blackpool forward becomes first active male footballer to come out as gay in over 30 years

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

by Cai Meng

Le Monde

by Urbs from France
"So Ukraine sings again... I don't like it."
Ukraine won Eurovision

Charlie Hebdo

Thanks to Elisabeth Borne, little girls can dream bigger:
"When I grow up, I'll reform pensions and I'll end with specialized formats."

Macron's new Prime Minister is a woman and his new plans involve doing the above, which isn't particularly popular.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

This makes me happy. Both because the cartoon is a pretty good joke, and because I'm glad that people still hate Margaret Thatcher.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Twelve by Pies posted:

This makes me happy. Both because the cartoon is a pretty good joke, and because I'm glad that people still hate Margaret Thatcher.

Yes, it made me chuckle too! The cartoon was okay as well :)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

by Cai Meng

One consistent feature of this part of the chinese foreign-facing propaganda apparatus is they're usually not very good at distinguishing between their own beliefs/internal propaganda narrative and the target audience and their preexisting intended narrative. The result is that you see something that really looks like it's intended for domestic consumption.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Is the America Competes Act like something Chinese news canards have been hyping up? To my brain an d media consumption it's completely impossible to differentiate from all the other gov't spending money supposedly to help the economy laws.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Terrible Opinions posted:

Is the America Competes Act like something Chinese news canards have been hyping up? To my brain an d media consumption it's completely impossible to differentiate from all the other gov't spending money supposedly to help the economy laws.

I don't even know if it's different than the United States Innovation and Competition Act of 2021 (passed in 2022), though that one has an entire section titled 'Regional Strategies to Counter the People's Republic of China' so I imagine it didn't go over very well there. (I did not read the actual details of what it did, only the headers.)

Edit: vvvvv that one. Though the subsection 'Report on corrupt activities of senior officials of Government of the People's Republic of China' makes me laugh. I imagine Senators know all about the corrupt activities of senior officials of government... just not that one.

Prism fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 17, 2022

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Terrible Opinions posted:

Just going from summary material in the senate version, it has some sanctions on china related to human rights violations, prohibits federal funding for the Wuhan Institute of Virology (an attempted R poison pill, I assume), does a lot of funding specifically intended to prevent IP and tech sector capture from china from a couple directions, and provides similar funding for some other east asian countries china's trying to influence. There's also a provision "addressing China's influence on institutions of higher education", which is a known problem (China basically has apparatuses in place to both promote the party line and interests in some universities, and more clandestine setups to monitor children of chinese citizens attending colleges abroad).

Of course, China's own practices are represented by that plucky 'lil car down there on the lower left.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
"Jeer Leader"

Amumin
Dec 21, 2018

"Never alone again!"

Erdogan and Niinistö.

Amumin fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 17, 2022

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

What? No, like seriously what? :psyduck: Banning guns is bad but would save fetuses which is good but guns are good so it is also bad. Or does Bok actually think doctors are getting into shootouts with a fetus when they do an abortion?

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

What? No, like seriously what? :psyduck: Banning guns is bad but would save fetuses which is good but guns are good so it is also bad. Or does Bok actually think doctors are getting into shootouts with a fetus when they do an abortion?
Bok is suggesting that the left likes abortions so much maybe they'd be okay with guns if guns were used for abortions.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mike Lester is a real piece of poo poo.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Kellies' Nomination: Worst cartoon about a tragedy

Jesus loving christ gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"Jeer Leader"
The lovingly rendered PT Cruiser really sells this one.