Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Kuros posted:

Come one! Come all! Come see the amazing man without a spine!

AITA for yelling at my wife infront of my family for putting salt in my mom's birthday cake.

wow brave to post this when clearly even a redditor could kick his rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Kuros posted:

I told her it's not true and she needed to let it go and she did, hours later she forgot about it completely

oh, word?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kuros posted:

AITA for yelling at my wife infront of my family for putting salt in my mom's birthday cake.

Oh, hey, and here I thought I would always be against pranks.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Kuros posted:

Did no one tell this dude's mom she can always ADD salt to her meal at the table? That's literally why every restaurant has salt and pepper shakers at the table if not little packets of them.

She should just stop using salt and if anyone complains put the salt shaker in front of them.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

limp_cheese posted:

Did no one tell this dude's mom she can always ADD salt to her meal at the table? That's literally why every restaurant has salt and pepper shakers at the table if not little packets of them.

She should just stop using salt and if anyone complains put the salt shaker in front of them.

His only two comments are thanking someone who said ESH (the nicest comment towards him on the post) and saying that he suggested salt and pepper shakers, but his mom says that "tastes different."

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

limp_cheese posted:

I love how the entire family literally cannot decide if the food is salted or not, like the mother's opinion is causing them to question their own sense of taste.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

pentyne posted:

I love how the entire family literally cannot decide if the food is salted or not, like the mother's opinion is causing them to question their own sense of taste.

She's been gaslighting them for several generations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for not buying my collegue sweets when I get myself a meal?

quote:

I have become close friends with my kind,social and very accepting collegue. When I don't bring leftovers from home to work for lunch (usually about twice a week) I tend to get myself a lunch at the cafeteria. But since the first time I got food from there I had bought her and another collegue some cookies. Now when I come to sit at the table, she does not greet me or acknowledge my existence, she just stares at my tray, snatches the sweets I bought her and eats them (not sharing with the other collegue). When I do not get her some, she will take my money (The cashier puts the change on my tray) and go buy cookies herself. Sometimes she even buys some (with my cash) for her parents or her nephew. She would not ask permission before.

When I ask her why she has to take MY money to buy herself stuff she tells me ' I only have a sandwich and veggies and i'm still hungry, you have a whole meal and I don't have my money on me.' It makes me go crazy. So yesterday I did not get her sweets and I made sure there wasnt money on my tray for her to snatch. After she asked me why I didn't get cookies she then complained that she was hungry. I told her to go get some with her own money. For the rest of the day she ignored me but was fine today.

I feel bad. Was I being selfish?

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
“My child, how much do you love me?”
“Mother, I love you like cake loves salt.”

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

pentyne posted:

Absurd Alhazred posted:

She's been gaslighting them for several generations.

If it's anything like my older relatives, it's the outcome of generations of having salt as a primary seasoning ingredient, because spices like black pepper might just be a bit too much.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Piell posted:

Rephrase it as, "AITA for allowing this rear end in a top hat to steal from me to buy themselves junk food?"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Piell posted:

Are you sure your friend isn’t a dog

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

limp_cheese posted:

The gaslighting MIL aside, salting food during cooking and after isn't the same. Food that isn't seasoned during cooking is going to be irretrievably bland.

But most likely the wife's cooking is fine and the MIL is just trying a lovely power move. Which makes the salty cake power move all the better.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Kuros posted:

While going no contact with her MIL might be the emotionally healthy thing to do, the wife taking the path of petty revenge is much more satisfying.

WIBTA If I made a complaint about my contractor for pissing on my fence?

quote:

I (27 F) am home today with my 2 year old son while people replace some siding on my house. Normally this isn’t an issue, I usually greet the people that come and work on my house but this morning I was unable to because I was changing my son. After I was done changing him, my son was curious about the noise and started looking out the window. Normally I have no problem with this, he loves watching people work. But as I looked out the window, one of the contractors went up to my fence and took a piss. While he was not “exposed”, I was still super uncomfortable and upset. I picked up my son and led him away from the window. I don’t know if this kind of thing is common. So I was just wondering if I’d be the rear end in a top hat if I made a complaint, I don’t want the guy to lose his job over this but at the same time I thought it was grossly unprofessional. Thank you!

Edit: I forgot to mention that the fence in question is a chain link fence that I share with my neighbor who also has a toddler. They were not home thankfully. I also normally tell people who do work on my house that they may use our bathroom but at the time I was changing my son when they arrived.

I have also spoke to the guy about it and said that for future reference I would prefer if they used my bathroom, he seemed to not care. That’s all for now.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Piell posted:

Give me your cookies!!!

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

CharlestheHammer posted:

No. If you feed dogs, they love you. They don't bite the hand that feeds, hence the expression.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

CharlestheHammer posted:

If you feed a dog and pet them and let them sleep with you and say nice things to them and play with them, they are your friend to the death and will never knowingly do anything that hurts you.

Men, on the other hand,

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DemoneeHo posted:

While going no contact with her MIL might be the emotionally healthy thing to do, the wife taking the path of petty revenge is much more satisfying.

WIBTA If I made a complaint about my contractor for pissing on my fence?

Mama's boy isn't gonna let no contact happen, so she may as well get her satisfaction where she can.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

limp_cheese posted:

People always say this but it's not really true. Some people are just terminally bad cooks and don't add salt during cooking because 'you can add it after'. It's fairly easy to tell the difference, try making spaghetti or mashed potatoes and cook them with and without salt, adding it after, just doesn't work.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I put salt and pepper in at like every stage, it's practically a tic. Prep ingredients! Salt and pepper. Cook meat! Salt and pepper. Make pan sauce! Salt and pepper. Cook veggies! Salt and pepper. Make grains. Salt and pepper. Serve, with salt and pepper to taste.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AITA for asking my aunt to return her gift because she bought the wrong one?

quote:

So my fiancé (24M) and I (21F) are getting married in a few months. Since we are so young, we don’t have much of our own and are relying a lot on our registry to really help us get our life started with essentials. One of our most wanted items on our registry is a set of lie flat camping chairs (maybe doesn’t seem essential to you, but we live in a place where we go camping often). At my bridal shower I received many gifts that I am very thankful for, but I was most excited when my aunt told me that she had bought us the camping chairs, and that it the package was on its way from Amazon! My fiancé and I were so excited, but ended up very surprised when a few days later the package arrived and there was only 1 chair inside. On our registry, we linked a set of 2 chairs, not one, so I reached out to my aunt to see if she could check the tracking on the other chair. She texted back letting me know that she had only bought 1 chair. This is where I may be the rear end in a top hat because I texted her back asking if we returned the chair, would she buy us the set instead, since there are 2 of us and we both cannot use 1 chair or afford to buy another to create a set on our own. It’s been a day, and my aunt has not responded yet. My fiancé says that my text was justified, since we specifically asked for and linked the set of 2, but my mom says I should have just accepted the 1 chair, even though that means only 1 of us would have a nice chair for camping. AITA? Should I text my aunt to apologize even though my fiancé says I shouldn’t?

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA For taking the only two seat table in the restaurant all to myself?

How dare you exist as a single person!

you're tugging at your collar, anxiously waiting with your date for the only two seat table at a cute out-of-the-way little restaurant full of tables with four chairs. your waiter asks if you're ready to order but you say you're still deciding. you and I both know that's a lie. you're waiting on me to finish my salad. You're waiting on this table. After all, you think: how long can it take for one person to finish a salad?

you know, its funny. I'm a very patient man. I waited until the spring to invade because I figured hey, what's the difference? but now I'm troubled by the recent news in Ukraine. my offensive is stalled. my appetite for victory large.

my soup arrives. Soup?! that wasn't part of the plan. No - not originally. originally I was going to have a light supper and return home, leaving this table vacant. but I need time to think. Time to ponder and eat my soup.

you see, it turns out NATO is providing intensive satellite surveillance of Ukraine. it is crippling my offensive.

At home I am humiliated. I have no reason to leave this restaurant I have nothing to look forward to but the next course.

and, perhaps, the idea that the satellite data could be intercepted, then put to good use against the Ukrainian military itself. in other words, if I had the NATO decryption keys I could decrypt all that satellite intelligence and bring the Ukrainian military to its knees with a few targeted missile strikes.

but alas even after my soup I'm not satisfied. those decryption codes are, of course, a closely guarded secret. I see you still haven't ordered yet. you know, there's still time for you to move over to this table before you order.

in a parallel universe I received discrete message containing the codes. in that universe I call the waiter over and ask for my check. soon after I pay for my meal stand up and leave the two seated table empty and available.

but, i am still troubled. in this universe I am stuck in Eastern Ukraine. and you are still at the four seat table. maybe a dessert would cheer me up....

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

lmao

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

:laffo:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
idgi :smith:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Captain Hygiene posted:

If it's anything like my older relatives, it's the outcome of generations of having salt as a primary seasoning ingredient, because spices like black pepper might just be a bit too much.

If that's not a really old post, it could just be covid and half of them lost their sense of taste. That would account for the total inability to agree on whether something is tasteless or not.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I see the Business Hole has closed and he's moved on to different ventures.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The "couple on a date can't sit at a larger table" story is still absolutely boggling my mind. Like.. having additional room is a bad thing???

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
[MD] My father died, his will say I can't inherit if I don't "renounce my homosexuality".

quote:

I posted here some time ago about this when it wasn't clear what would happen, now the situation is clearer and I still need advice.

As I said my father had a will, stating I could only inherit from him if I "renounce being a homosexual". The will says that everything will go to my cousins if I don't. My father passed away last month. His brother (my cousins' father) is the executor of the will. He told me very clearly he was going to enforce the "homosexuality" clause, out of principle, because he wants to respect his brother's wishes (coincidentally his children are set to inherit a lot). My cousins know about this as well.

I of course never "renounced" my homosexuality because it doesn't even make sense. I have questions, mainly: what happens now? Is such a clause even legal? I don't know how one could prove I did or didn't renounce being a homosexual, or how such a thing would be remotely possible. Will I need to contest the will? What happens if I pretend being now heterosexual and get the inheritance, could my cousins sue? I'd like to have an idea of where I stand, if anyone can help I'll be very grateful. I'm sensing this will be a battle, if I could convince my uncle that it doesn't make sense legally that would probably help.

Edit: is it legal that my uncle is the executor when his children are the ones to benefit from his choices?

Happily, the comments are saying that this clause is probably unenforceable and that he needs to see a lawyer.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Kuros posted:

https://youtu.be/OlTHryjhRyM?t=98

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

therobit posted:

[MD] My father died, his will say I can't inherit if I don't "renounce my homosexuality".

Happily, the comments are saying that this clause is probably unenforceable and that he needs to see a lawyer.

This is easy, he should just say he’s bi now. It doesn’t say anything about needing to be straight, just not gay. I bet Dad didn’t think about this loophole.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

wizardofloneliness posted:

This is easy, he should just say he’s bi now. It doesn’t say anything about needing to be straight, just not gay. I bet Dad didn’t think about this loophole.

One weird trick to get your inheritance from your homophobic relative. Bigots hate it!

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

therobit posted:

Next up in the SC docket

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
and Tonic

wizardofloneliness posted:

This is easy, he should just say he’s bi now... I bet Dad didn’t think about this loophole.

Henceforth known as the poophole loophole.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

DandyLion posted:

Next up in the SC docket

In a 6-3 opinion, the Supreme Court has ruled that estates are speech. This also invalidates estate taxes somehow.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Gin posted:

Henceforth known as the poophole loophole.

Sorry, but that one is already taken by conservative Christian high schoolers.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

it's a joke, none of that happened but it would be funny if it did

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

The Moon Monster posted:

Specifically, they smell like cum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4p0uw42cdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

AITA for getting my eldest daughter a kitten when wife is already overwhelmed with our disabled child?

quote:

My eldest NT daughter (7f) has had to make so many sacrifices for her sister with non verbal autism (5f), more sacrifices than any child should have to make. She has unintentionally been put on the back burner ever since her younger sister was born, it is clearly taking a toll on her and I felt really bad. The poor child cannot even have playdates unless I'm there because my wife cannot manage another child alone on top of our two because our daughter with autism needs constant supervision, can be aggressive and is very prone to meltdowns. She cannot even go to friend's houses unless I'm there to help unless the other parent can drive her and bring her back because our daughter with autism is too difficult to handle in cars without another adult there. She has also been subject to aggressive behaviors from her sister and has been always expected to let her sister have the first turn, the biggest piece and the winning ticket so to speak. She is also had her toys frequently destroyed by her sister.

I partly blame myself for this and I'm trying to do better by her, she has been dying for a kitten ever since she could speak but my wife kept saying no because she couldn't handle any more work as our autistic daughter requires so much care. I see the longing look on my daughter's eyes whenever there's a kitten on the television in a magazine etc. I've tried to get easy pets like a betta fish so my wife wouldn't be overwhelmed but she still wants a kitten.

My wife is a SAHM and I work long hours. I thought my daughter has had it rough these past 5 years and for once deserved a little joy in her life, so I decided against my wife's wishes to get her a kitten, The Joy on her face ever since having her new kitten brought tears to my eyes and I'm not a crier.

My wife is furious with me and has demanded that I return the kitten, our daughter cried so much overhearing this I have usually acquiese to her but this time I put my foot down and said absolutely not I understand she's overwhelmed but our daughter deserves a little bit of joy in her life for once, and as she gets older she will be able to handle the kitten more. Our daughter is a person and not just supposed to be a decorative artifact in her sister's story. I understand she's the one who's home and has to help take care of it much of the time, but it will not be a kitten forever and it will grow into a more independent cat. At least our daughter was asking for a kitten rather than a puppy which is a lot more work.

I've seen a lot of posts on here about adult children of disabled siblings going no contact with their parents due to emotional neglect and I am trying to prevent that from happening.

AITA?