Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
no team has ever been good one year and bad the next, i can't believe the 49ers are being disrespected like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

a neat cape posted:

no team has ever been good one year and bad the next, i can't believe the 49ers are being disrespected like this

Who did they lose that makes you think they are going to suck this year?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It does seem weird to expect the 2022 niners to be worse than what you expected the 2021 niners to be. I don't see how they individually got any worse; and their division definitely got weaker without Russ in it. Sure the Rams are still the favorite in that division, but the 49ers were one dropped interception away from beating them in the playoffs and typically have their number when they match up.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I do think the Lions have a good shot at being significantly better than they were last year. Better than the 49ers, though... even for me, that's a bit of a stretch.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mcmagic posted:

is deebo coming back or not

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Tarik Cohen destroyed his achilles live on instagram

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Alaois posted:

is deebo coming back or not

He is as far as i know........

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Doltos posted:

Tarik Cohen destroyed his achilles live on instagram

Literally posted on the last page

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

mcmagic posted:

they lost to the seahawks twice last year. searing indictment on any team

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

EmbryoSteve posted:

they lost to the seahawks twice last year. searing indictment on any team

That means they are going to be worse than the awful Giants and the Lions?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I don't bit I didn't think the 2019 chargers would be garbage either.

Either way it's May Power Rankings and getting mad about it is funny

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

mcmagic posted:

That means they are going to be worse than the awful Giants and the Lions?

the lions only lost to the seahawks once last year so yeah

Giants may be a coin flip

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

a neat cape posted:

I don't bit I didn't think the 2019 chargers would be garbage either.

Better to get mad at that than argue about Doltos/Drew Brees's charity scorecard.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

mcmagic posted:

Not to the Chargers in 1994, setting off a lifetime of resentment

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

mcmagic posted:

Better to get mad at that than argue about Doltos/Drew Brees's charity scorecard.

Bitch youre one of the most ignored posters on the forum and you didn't even know Parcells was HoF my Drew Brees defense is 10 times better than anything you ever put out

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Doltos posted:

Bitch youre one of the most ignored posters on the forum and you didn't even know Parcells was HoF my Drew Brees defense is 10 times better than anything you ever put out

sigh

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth

Right after that players tribune article too, good god.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

I don't think anyone's getting mad about it necessarily. It's just a more ??? thing where your brain tells you it doesn't make sense. And you don't know where they're coming from with a supposed formula.

https://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/123048/a-guide-to-nfl-fpi

quote:

In the preseason, FPI uses a number of predictive factors to project future team strength. The main component of preseason FPI is Vegas expectations; the expected win totals and money lines for each team are an accurate representation of predicted team strength and provide a strong baseline for teams entering the season.

But relying solely on Vegas has its flaws, and more information is needed to determine what percentage of a team's projected win total can be attributed to its offense, defense and special teams units -- the components that make up FPI.

I mean they go on a bit but have they beaten Vegas yet? Honest question, I have no idea, but if they do consistently we're all missing out on some cash. That was written in 2016 and what is linked to the current rankings as an explanation.

vv--well people are getting mad but about subjects I'm ignoring. Not addressing this at Ace for the record.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 17, 2022

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Doltos posted:

shut the gently caress up you stupid dipshit Jesus Christ

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Acebuckeye13 posted:

shut the gently caress up you stupid dipshit Jesus Christ

gently caress you moron. People mention me pages after something occurs and then get mad when I respond.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
doltos is a treasured member of the something awful forums

e: go bengals top 2 team in nfl

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Are Bengals the top team in their division if the Ravens are healthy ?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a patagonian cavy posted:

doltos is a treasured member of the something awful forums

e: go bengals top 2 team in nfl

You better get Eli Apple to be nicer on twitter!!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Yes but they are not the top if Lamar has the shits

it's a catch-22

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

I feel like the entire AFC North is just on a crash course for NFC East level chaos but far less amusingly.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jersey Mana's Charity
Pounds So Fast You'll Freak

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AFCN continues to be the angriest division in the NFL

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

maybe it's the huge homer in me but I don't see how the Ravens are the 11th team

they had brutal injury luck even before the season started, both in quality and quantity, eventually lost one of the best QBs in the League and still lost like the most games over a combined few points since I don't know when... while playing a backup QB with hardly any NFL experience

they had a decent draft even if it's a crapshoot and most players are well into their way to getting healthy. they have huge questions at WR (well, since when they didn't?) and Ronnie Stanley's ankle but other than that they are a pretty good team that's poised for a bounce back.

I'd say the Bengals are still better, though, especially because of their explosive players

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 17, 2022

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Ravens are in that case but it's a big if. Tons of what the Ravens do next year is dependent on the progress of all these injured players. If they ALL come back at or near 100% including Stanley? Yeah the Ravens will be a force to be reckoned with.

There's a pretty huge range of what the Ravens could be next year.

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
Tarik Cohen tore his acl

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I assure you I did not lose sleep over the superbowl when I was seven

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Cocaine is Abel posted:

Tarik Cohen tore his acl

His name was Robert Paulson

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1526680286989373441?t=kW1uWFXIUQDV2zVl3hOCqA&s=19

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cocaine is Abel posted:

Tarik Cohen tore his acl

someone get his rear end

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Spoeank posted:

Maybe someday you guys will succeed at something more recent than the first Clinton administration :thumbsup:

Keep trying!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Can't wait!! But wish we could see one of these on the 2001 Ravens also :D

I hope we hear from lots more players than the other smaller lookbacks do. I want to hear from James Trapp you see there. I want to hear from Jermaine Lewis. Those kinds of guys.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

a neat cape posted:

I assure you I did not lose sleep over the superbowl when I was seven

You have literally said you hate the 49ers specifically because of that Super Bowl. Are you lying now or were you lying then 🧐

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Maybe they’ll finally find out what happened to Ray Lewis’ white suit.