Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

SonicRulez posted:

I thought it looked quirky, but I suppose I'm the odd man out on largely enjoying the D+ shows. Some slow episodes here and there, but nothing I thought was putrid. No Iron Fists or whatever
You are not.

Opopanax posted:

All of the D+ shows have been at lead tgood, but people acting like Wandavision was bad are nuts
This is my opinion too. The worst of them has been Falcon and the Winter Soldier and that one was... fine. Not great, but did what it intended to. And if you wanna pretend WandaVision wasn't excellent, that's fine, still a free country for now, but you're fooling nobody but yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Wandvision-bad
Falcon and winter soldier-bad
Loki- good
What if?- bad
Hawkeye- good
Moon knight- bad

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I liked em all. I think I had the least fun with Moon Knight but only because a third of the run is kinda boring. It's still not bad, though

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I've liked everything with What If? being my least favorite. Looking forward to this and hoping they do more work on her face cgi.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oh hey meanwhile:
https://twitter.com/Netflix_Sandman/status/1526231801965907968

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'd say that the D+ shows have been uneven, leaning towards the good side. There's bits I like and don't from all of them. On the whole I would put them above more typical superhero TV fare (CW) but can't say they're absolute top shelf poo poo (Peacemaker).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've been catching up on Riverdale and the writers' room apparently said "Suicide D&D and Betty's evil genes are nowhere near batshit insane enough" and turned the knob to 11 such that Netflix Sabrina appearing is just like "yeah okay fine"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Opopanax posted:

All of the D+ shows have been at least good, but people acting like Wandavision was bad are nuts

You liked the last couple of episodes?

I think I'm the only one here who didn't like Hawkeye. Seems like most ppl liked it, huh.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

God now I'm remembering the terrible ending of Sabrina, with the apparent message being "teens, it's cool and good to kill yourself if you miss someone"

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Hawkeye was blandly forgettable which is not "good". I think a lot of the Wandavision hate is because it was good, and then the ending sucked all the life out of it and retroactively made people think it was worse than it was.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nah, Hawkeye is good and gets better with each episode. Especially when Pugh enters the show.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Wandavision:
Good: Central premise, build up to Monica, interplay between Wanda and Vis, some of the gimmicky poo poo (you-know-who and who else)
Bad: Those flying specials effects were loving terrible, the twins should probably be at least a bit more memorable/likeable, some important load-bearing dialog bits were super lame

Falcon & WS
Good: Pretty decent action, Sam's family drama, Zemo, Bucky's coping, the Bradleys, Walker's gradual descent into being Coptain America
Bad: All that stuff with Sharon, Sam's not as good at speeches as Steve, politics are fence-sitty, the Captain Falcon costume looks a bit rubbish

Loki
Good: most of it
Bad: Non-ending that is mostly just bait for more movies/TV

What If:
Good: Hits the concept right on the head, some fun AUs, at least one episode that delivers on classic "Wow, everything is awful!" What If vibes
Bad: Two missing episodes which impacted the finale, animation style is not particularly amazing, a lot of the replacement voice actors (and some of the voice acting performances by the live action cast) are awwwwwful

Hawkeye:
Good: Kate's good, Clint makes a decent mentor, good little action adventure, DOG
Bad: Why even bring in you-know-who if they're gonna do that with him, Echo stuff is interesting but feels tonally at odds with the rest of the show

Moon Knight:
Good: Relatively independent from rest of the MCU, delivers well on the core premise, mixes things up to keep it from getting stale, last episode is a real hoot
Bad: This is still probably a bad use of mental health as a storytelling device, on a narrative level the non-ending just sets up season 2, and I honestly don't care that much for the whole Indiana Jones tomb raiding thing treasure hunter bit

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Scaramouche posted:

Hawkeye was blandly forgettable which is not "good". I think a lot of the Wandavision hate is because it was good, and then the ending sucked all the life out of it and retroactively made people think it was worse than it was.

I would argue the last episode of every D+ Marvel show except Loki and maybe What If? take huge nosedives in quality. Wandavision gets more poo poo about it than the rest because it was first but it feels like a consistent pattern now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

OnimaruXLR posted:

Loki
Good: most of it
Bad: Non-ending that is mostly just bait for more movies/TV

IIRC the non-ending was because of COVID cutting the season short.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I love Tatiana Maslany (she blew me away with her performances on Orphan Black) but it really seems odd that they didn't go for a taller actress for the She-Hulk part. I guess they have to do CGI no matter what.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Scaramouche posted:

I think Hawkeye came really close to the Fraction/Aja run. It actually made me care about the character. Adding Echo and Kingpin who are primarily Daredevil characters didn't make much sense though.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

WandaVision is the only D+ show I've seen so far that I can say I thoroughly enjoyed. Falcon & The Winter Soldier was okay, Loki didn't grab me, Hawkeye I actively disliked, and Moon Knight was a little disappointing. The shows have a much rougher track record than the films so far, in my opinion.

As for She-Hulk, I can't say this trailer excited me. Subpar CGI is a non-issue for me most of the time, but when it's the main character and it's this rough I don't know if I will be able to look past it. I think the trailer also gave us very little to go on. I can't really get a lock on what the premise of the series is going to be, but we'll probably get a more informative trailer later, so that's fine. So far it doesn't excite me, though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Maduo posted:

I would argue the last episode of every D+ Marvel show except Loki and maybe What If? take huge nosedives in quality. Wandavision gets more poo poo about it than the rest because it was first but it feels like a consistent pattern now.

The last episode of Hawkeye is probably the best episode of the show.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Alhazred posted:

Adding Echo and Kingpin who are primarily Daredevil characters didn't make much sense though.

Echo was Ronin for a while so I can see how she'd end up in what was a very Ronin heavy story.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I would say good but a little uneven is the best description of all the D+ shows. All in all I just enjoy getting more time with the characters, and I generally have a lot of fun. Plenty of little character moments that are really enjoyable in every single series.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Medullah posted:

I guess they have to do CGI no matter what.

i cant get over the fact that she hulk is all cg and yet has less muscle definition than Natalie Portman does as Thor

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

My super fuzzy She-Hulk memories from the books (mostly 80's Avengers) is that she was always rolling in the Hulk form. Canonically, could she shift at will?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yes, staying green is her choice

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
The series will probably start with her not wanting to be a Hulk, and trying to hide it, and then she'll gradually accept it and actually start to like it, so will turn permanently. Like Marty McFly in Teen Wolf.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Alhazred posted:

I think Hawkeye came really close to the Fraction/Aja run. It actually made me care about the character. Adding Echo and Kingpin who are primarily Daredevil characters didn't make much sense though.

Now this I can't abide. It had the superficial aspects of it, bro dudes and whatever, but it didn't have anything close to the lived in vibe, the decision to showcase and celebrate every day ppl, the style, the focus on Hawkeye's faults and how he overcomes them, a likeable and cool Kate, flat out good writing and inventiveness, of that run..

The only way I got closer to liking the show was bc I realized it wasn't going to be it and I had to accept that. Okay, Kingpin is in this and he's wearing a Hawaiin shirt whatever. At least Yelena was cool.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

It also sucks thay Aja didn't get any money or credit for the episodes at all, even as it's marketing just crudely copied over his artwork and design

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Medullah posted:

I love Tatiana Maslany (she blew me away with her performances on Orphan Black) but it really seems odd that they didn't go for a taller actress for the She-Hulk part. I guess they have to do CGI no matter what.

Yeah, also the transformation is much less dramatic if the actress is already big.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

they'd absolutely be better off casting some gigantic Instagram crossfit lady, painting her green, and only using CG to drop orphan black's face on her head.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I wanted something that would be more wacky lawyer hijinx with a 7 foot tall green woman and the trailer seemed to indicate that the show is leaning more into generic action stuff.

Meanwhile this needs some more love.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Whenever She-Hulk would be on screen the picture goes black. The show becomes a radio drama and we have to imagine what everything looks like as we listen in.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

site posted:

i cant get over the fact that she hulk is all cg and yet has less muscle definition than Natalie Portman does as Thor

This is what really gets me. How do you give a cg character less muscle than a real actual human being has?

hell she looks less jacked than tatiana maslany actually is

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 18, 2022

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Yeah, she either isn't muscly enough or is too muscly or doesn't smile enough or is either too comedic or not comedic enough. She definitely should have been [whatever jacked lady I know about] instead of the actor they cast. Also the trailer is enough for us to figure out the show has too much and too little action. Might as well start shoveling dirt on this grave now.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

theironjef posted:

Yeah, she either isn't muscly enough or is too muscly or doesn't smile enough or is either too comedic or not comedic enough. She definitely should have been [whatever jacked lady I know about] instead of the actor they cast. Also the trailer is enough for us to figure out the show has too much and too little action. Might as well start shoveling dirt on this grave now.

Oh gently caress off with this bit in particular. You can't seriously be trying to equate people discussing wonky cg and disappointment in a character design (because let's be real with the level of cg overlay that's going on here "character design" is the appropriate term) with passive misogyny. I think Tatiana Maslany is great and the tone they're going for is the right one but She-Hulk The Character looks bad and I don't think I need to watch six episodes of a show to form that opinion.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

Oh gently caress off with this bit in particular. You can't seriously be trying to equate people discussing wonky cg and disappointment in a character design (because let's be real with the level of cg overlay that's going on here "character design" is the appropriate term) with passive misogyny. I think Tatiana Maslany is great and the tone they're going for is the right one but She-Hulk The Character looks bad and I don't think I need to watch six episodes of a show to form that opinion.

How about one? You know as well as anyone that CGI wasn't finished yet.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

theironjef posted:

Her face looks wonky and she seems oddly tiny. This isn't some leak or Empire photoshoot where we can wait and see if it improves, this is the trailer they chose to put out

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

theironjef posted:

How about one? You know as well as anyone that CGI wasn't finished yet.

You don't show unfinished special effects in a trailer, especially not for a show that's out in three months.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Fine you got me. Go ahead and get back to shoveling dirt on the corpse of this latest MCU fail.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

theironjef posted:

Fine you got me. Go ahead and get back to shoveling dirt on the corpse of this latest MCU fail.

The CGI looks weird, that's all anyone is saying. Have a snickers

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

theironjef posted:

my dude I don't think I've been widely negative about any MCU thing in this thread/forum basically ever so I don't know why you're singling me out here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

my dude I don't think I've been widely negative about any MCU thing in this thread/forum basically ever so I don't know why you're singling me out here

I wasn't, so I'm sorry it came off that way. I very rarely look to the left of the post box.

Honestly, I'm sorry in general. I just came out of twitter with like seven thousand posts about how it should have been x bodybuilder with Maslany's face CGI'd on and how She-Hulk needs to be a fully jacked monster and I was disheartened to think I saw it here too. You folks are better than twitter in general, so yeah. My bad.