Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Zodack posted:

I'm beginning to lose count of games I have lost to someone super polying my DPE and other heroes into their own DPE

Oh so it's like how fortress dragon actively made its own deck worse cause everyone was running cydra anyway and they could just eat any board you set up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Charles Bukowski posted:

We need a full power dragon ruler and full power spellbooks vs full power current meta decks and see what happens. Has anyone done this? Feels like something mbt or hard leg might have tried but I don't see it.

Lithium runs a series called Cross-Banlist Cup where he runs different meta decks from Yugioh's history against other meta decks, and Dragon Rulers tend to still do really well against more modern meta decks during those matches!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4qrZJj_xVs

They lose against Strikers in this video 2-3, but keep in mind this is Rulers as they were in 2013. Imagine if they were using modern Dragon and Extra Deck support!

This one is 2013 Spellbooks taking on True King Dinosaur Yang Zing, it's another 2-3 loss for the Spellbooks, but again, imagine them in this matchup with more modern support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkEPG_YzRXk

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Playing some of the fusion festival, I immediately feel like Super-Poly maybe should've been limited more than it was. Pretty much every match so far has been decided by 'who eats their opponent's cards to summon a generic-materials fusion first'.

EDIT: Holy poo poo, they know that, even the sample decks have Super-Poly and Mudragon of the Swamp.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 07:22 on May 16, 2022

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Now that I finally have a deck that mostly makes short work of Soulsword and DPE I'm just running into tons and tons of Rhongo players as I climb the ranks.

... Who the hell thought this card was ever a good idea? Just the most obnoxious floodgate in existence and the worst part is they're all so used to people scooping that if you play through it the game takes like 10 minutes as they try to remember the rest of the game plan. And you still usually lose.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I haven't watched the anime past GX, but Rhongo seems like an overpowered anime card they brought into the game verbatim.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Rhongo is banned in the TCG for good reason. He wouldn't be quite so bad if you could at least Kaiju him. That's what keeps Great Magnus from being utterly busted.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Neo_Crimson posted:

I haven't watched the anime past GX, but Rhongo seems like an overpowered anime card they brought into the game verbatim.

It absolutely is not, most of the truly busted cards are game original.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Lord_Magmar posted:

Show-powerful cards are usually more in the field of 'too much effort for the payoff'. In the anime you can write a wild gambit to actually pay off (or get close to it, if it's the villain's boss monster) and can have weaknesses that happen to not be hit, but those sorts of cards are way too inconsistent to work out in the actual game. Rainbow Neos, Venominaga, the Earthbound Immortals, all portrayed as terrors in the anime and never earnestly played in the actual game.

Now, the anime cards you ACTUALLY have to watch out for are the post-GX recurring-character ace monsters. Protagonists as a given, but watch for anything a rival or major supporting character plays, too. They're all designed to be fairly easy to get out (because you want to see them every duel in the show), all have pretty generally useful effects, basically come with pre-advertised combos, and are often pretty easy to get hold of, so they're all monsters you learn to both use and be wary of pretty fast. Utopia, Firewall Dragon, most of the Signer Dragons, even Blue-Eyes to an extent.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 13:35 on May 16, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hey, Rainbow Neos Turbo had its day. But yeah, the other thing is that anime bosses will pretty much never have unfun lockdown effects like that. They'll blow up your field or have a ton of ATK or deal ridic burn damage or something, because that's flashy and fun to watch.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

if you ever want a good laugh, look up Number 16: Shock Master's anime effect. one of the most broken cards ever printed that can never leave the banlist was actually heavily nerfed

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Zore posted:

Now that I finally have a deck that mostly makes short work of Soulsword and DPE I'm just running into tons and tons of Rhongo players as I climb the ranks.

... Who the hell thought this card was ever a good idea? Just the most obnoxious floodgate in existence and the worst part is they're all so used to people scooping that if you play through it the game takes like 10 minutes as they try to remember the rest of the game plan. And you still usually lose.

When Rhongo was first released, it saw like no play because it was nearly impossible to summon with all of it's effect turned on.

...then the rest of the game caught up to it. :negative:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I could sometimes make it with most of its effects with battlin' boxers. Sometimes. ..A few times? In 2016.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
I posted this on Discord but in the hopes people might see it here and know whats up.

I am playing on Bluestacks to use my Android account on my PC/Laptop and today I am having severe connection issues. I know mobile is iffy, and Bluestacks has been as well (for no reason really), but I have never dced so much ever. Ive timed out of every single game so far (6 and counting).

Any one else experiencing this? I assume its Bluestacks being screwy but am not sure if I can fix it.

Edit: Ima lso having trouble with my Steam account so maybe its not just me, not nearly as bad but still noticeably worse than normal...

Touchdown Boy fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 16, 2022

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I've given up playing on mobile because of how much it drops signal for no apparent reason.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

New TCG banlist!

RIP in piss Auroradon and Verte. I guess only limiting Halq means they're hoping killing Auroradon will make it less ubiquitous, but I think it still needs to go.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Goddamn they nuked Pranks from orbit

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dabir posted:

New TCG banlist!

RIP in piss Auroradon and Verte. I guess only limiting Halq means they're hoping killing Auroradon will make it less ubiquitous, but I think it still needs to go.

Halq will always be abusable as long as there are good tuners to get off it (or links to make off of it and said tuner). It's severely limiting as far as card design for future tuners goes, and if you banned it you could unban a handful of other cards with no issue.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Dabir posted:

New TCG banlist!

Did the errata the card, or is Yata-lock back?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Ardeem posted:

Yata is a bad card and has been a very bad card for a very long time. Yata was only ever good because of it's specific interactions with CED and Sangan.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Ardeem posted:

They errata'd Chaos Emperor Dragon a long time ago, and errata'd Sangan/Witch's effect so you can't activate effects of the cards they search on the same turn. So technically yes, but it's a lot harder to pull off because you have to clear the opponent's hand and monsters through other means now.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yata-garasu was only good with exactly the pre-errata CED. In scenarios where you connect with it you'll probably win anyway.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That's not entirely true, Yata-Lock was a thing beforehand, but that was with the kind of old-school hand control decks that unironically played Drop Off and Don Zaloog. It's still possible, but the game is fast enough now that if you do get Yata-Locked, you were probably going to lose anyways.

fabiopenz
Jun 22, 2015
Any duel where you have no live cards in hand, field or grave before your opponent commits to a normal summon and attacks directly is a duel you were going to lose anyways.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If it's going to see play in a deck, it'll probably be something like Trickstar Reincarnation + Droll & Lock Bird combo (a deck that already exists and NEVER sees play) to just rub it in for style points.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Yata is e8ther a completely broken effect or completely useless, theres no real in between. Im not sure its worth taking off the list bc of that tbh

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They should have kept it on the list and also banned Fenrir, on principle

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Yata should be permabanned just as a historical legacy thing

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

they should ban breaker the magical warrior

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They should adapt the legend system from rush into a semi forbidden list, where you get one copy of one card on the list and none of the others. So you can use pot of greed, sure, but if you do you don't get uhhhhhhhhh let's say rite of aramesir

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dabir posted:

They should adapt the legend system from rush into a semi forbidden list, where you get one copy of one card on the list and none of the others. So you can use pot of greed, sure, but if you do you don't get uhhhhhhhhh let's say rite of aramesir
Do you want Master Peace or Rhongomyniad back? Because that's how you get Master Peace back.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Yata should be permabanned just as a historical legacy thing

What's the longest-standing banned card now that Yata's back?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Cleretic posted:

What's the longest-standing banned card now that Yata's back?

I think it's a tie between Delinquent Duo and Graceful Charity.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

girl dick energy posted:

Do you want Master Peace or Rhongomyniad back? Because that's how you get Master Peace back.

Master Peace should come back unironically.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Master Peace should come back unironically.

It really shouldn't

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Lord_Magmar posted:

It really shouldn't

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Master Peace should be legal to use only against tier 0 decks.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Master Peace should be legal to use only against tier 0 decks.

Good thing we only get one of those like, every five or so years. :v:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Danger! cards are dumb as hell and I love them
https://imgur.com/a/7lWYJjQ

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I've been toying with PUNKs, and Ze Amin being essentially a 1-card VFD is a little disgusting. I feel like the deck is a little slept on because they're still waiting for another wave of support, plus when they were released VFD was already banned in both formats. My current build can also make Final Sigma, the rank 9 Phantom Fortress, or DPE on top of VFD depending on what the hand looks like, and the standard combo also searches the archetype's Imperm trap. Going first and turn 3 onwards you can keep recurring Shenshen from the GY, and going second they can break the board with their archetype Synchro (3k beatstick that bounces 2-3). The core package also leaves space for 10+ handtraps and Called By/Crossouts. The deck's a bit vulnerable to handtraps though since it can't special summon spam through interruptions as easily as VW, though it's also less reliant on 2-card combos (and the Crossouts help).

Of course more importantly their art is so goddamned cool.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 10:33 on May 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

blizzardvizard posted:

I've been toying with PUNKs, and Ze Amin being essentially a 1-card VFD is a little disgusting. I feel like the deck is a little slept on because they're still waiting for another wave of support, plus when they were released VFD was already banned in both formats. My current build can also make Final Sigma, the rank 9 Phantom Fortress, or DPE on top of VFD depending on what the hand looks like, and the standard combo also searches the archetype's Imperm trap. Going first and turn 3 onwards you can keep recurring Shenshen from the GY, and going second they can break the board with their archetype Synchro (3k beatstick that bounces 2-3). The core package also leaves space for 10+ handtraps and Called By/Crossouts. The deck's a bit vulnerable to handtraps though since it can't special summon spam through interruptions as easily as VW, though it's also less reliant on 2-card combos (and the Crossouts help).

Of course more importantly their art is so goddamned cool.

You wouldn't happen to have a list available, would you? PUNKs dropping is what brought me back to Master Duel, and anything that lets me play them before the rest of their support is out is appreciated.