Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

staberind posted:

Some people prefer to remain silent about stuff they are unsure of in order to not look ignorant, but me?
me? no way man, my ignorance is a shining beacon of "hey fella's i dont understaaaaand" and theres absolutely no shame in wanting to absorb new and exciting facts.

tl;dr: what tf is a slurp?

Not much. What's a slurp with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Shadout

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

dude you made slurp juice come out my nose

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

LifeSunDeath posted:

gonna start an NFT based dating site called Plenty of Grifts.

Sr. Software dev by day, NFT dege(nerate??) by night. Looking for a Mr. Ape to rumble in the jungle.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
so, do the bad pictures of apes date or do the people dumb enough to buy them date?
one seems unremarkcable, like a kind of roleplay as a furry with slightly less chance of std's while the other is going to be an even bigger dumpster fire than usual.
Looking forwards to the extremely public meltdowns in either case.

"oh, you look nothing like your ape...." etc.

ahaahahahahahahaahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahah, to no ones surprise:

staberind fucked around with this message at 09:41 on May 18, 2022

Beef
Jul 26, 2004

:perfect:

Still not quoted enough, doing my part.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

staberind posted:

so, do the bad pictures of apes date or do the people dumb enough to buy them date?
one seems unremarkcable, like a kind of roleplay as a furry with slightly less chance of std's while the other is going to be an even bigger dumpster fire than usual.
Looking forwards to the extremely public meltdowns in either case.

"oh, you look nothing like your ape...." etc.

ahaahahahahahahaahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahah, to no ones surprise:

ApeDate has been cancelled due to even worse M/F ratio than grindr

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
thats so narrow minded, look the important thing is you have dispoable income, you are greedy and you are gullible, basically the perfect storm for catfishing, or apefishing in this case.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Yeah seriously. I mean there must be such a thing as Crypto Girls, but I bet they ain't common.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Deptfordx posted:

Yeah seriously. I mean there must be such a thing as Crypto Girls, but I bet they ain't common.

if you never want to find out, keep posting like this fer sure

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Deptfordx posted:

My thinking was originally a bit mysogenistic: women usually have a bit more sense then men when it comes to money, but then I remembered amway, avon and all the other mlm's that target women specifically.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

staberind posted:

My thinking was originally a bit mysogenistic: women usually have a bit more sense then men when it comes to money, but then I remembered amway, avon and all the other mlm's that target women specifically.

keep digging, wow

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

tons of women in crypto in the bay area. unfortunately i always swipe left on them even if i like their look because she's either 1. a scammer or 2. into crypto. i don't want either in my life really.

it works both ways though since i've seen profiles that say stuff like, "i don't care about cryptocurrency i want to talk to a real person" and if you think about it it works for both cases.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Strong Sauce posted:

tons of women in crypto in the bay area. unfortunately i always swipe left on them even if i like their look because she's either 1. a scammer or 2. into crypto. i don't want either in my life really.

it works both ways though since i've seen profiles that say stuff like, "i don't care about cryptocurrency i want to talk to a real person" and if you think about it it works for both cases.

lmao

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
i know a woman into crypto, in fact she's the only person i know into it. she is not like a crypto bro, she just read too much about how useful etherium would be somehow beyond its ponzi aspect (I remember her saying MS/other big tech companies were planning to use it for... something) and bought the hype. she did it early enough that i don't think she plans to do anything with it ever and seems fine with losing it all if it happens. she says she just shuts it out of her mind. seeing her in a few days, maybe i'll ask if she's reevaluated

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

sick of Applebees posted:

To attract the true Bitcoin crowd you'd have to call it Miners Only

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The first nft that I'm made aware of was featured in the Feels Good Man documentary and its a pepe Homer. It was sold for 300k

https://twitter.com/AltcoinDailyio/status/1366963955193712641?t=GtkOK5KgsKB_FefLLmlaFA&s=19

I'm pretty sure this ain't patient zero, but this may have been the catalyst for the nft craze and the bored ape yacht club people threw in a ton of money to promote their apes

Haven't heard of lazy lions for awhile wonder what's up with them

https://twitter.com/DrLazyLions/status/1526866564498214913?t=x2z3kq4hBvQGiTuMdWB61Q&s=19

Oh god

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Sad to see my HomerPepe story come to an end.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
This guy is one of you, isn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9nv0Ol-R5Q&t=35s

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Sad to see my HomerPepe story come to an end.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/JoshGerben/status/1526899765828542477

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LMAO didn't Meta already hit a massive slump? Guess that is the perfect time to turn it into a more overt grift.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

LifeSunDeath posted:

LMAO didn't Meta already hit a massive slump? Guess that is the perfect time to turn it into a more overt grift.

This has to be a way for Zuck to backdoor his way into Diem again, only this time as a crypto coin / company scrip

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I seem to recall they tried to create their own crypto and had to shut it down

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Facebook has been trying for years now to get widespread adoption of their integrated pay platform. Iirc it has decent penetration in SE Asia?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Dude has a perfect voice for the topic

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Scratch Monkey posted:

Dude has a perfect voice for the topic

you think the big bang theory is a terrible representation of reality until you meet a real loving geek.

e, wtf is this guy a forums poster?

ok this lecture is a proclick, sorry I called this guy a geek.

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 15:53 on May 18, 2022

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Nicholas reveal yourself

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-6IzkDyl9Q

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
the catalyst for the NFT craze goin mainstream was beeple. selling his nft for millions in a traditional auction house meant lot of traditional media coverage

beeple minted and listed his image around feb 20 2021

ymgve fucked around with this message at 16:25 on May 18, 2022

Captain Charisma
Nov 10, 2021

ymgve posted:

the catalyst for the NFT craze goin mainstream was beeple. selling his nft for millions in a traditional auction house meant lot of traditional media coverage

I thought the guy's art was okay, decent even, real bummed that he kickstarted an absolute economic clusterfuck for the sake of clout and whatever portion of the "sale" his backers didn't pump up themselves

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Heath posted:

What's really interesting is seeing how NFTs in particular have not evolved so much as failed to evolve. There was that one posted the other day that was like 3D gorillas and the first thing you see is one rising up with the same stupid laser eyes as the Bored Apes. Like there is virtually no thought put into the idea of elevating the craft as such, it's total derivation. Keep the ape part, but make them gorillas this time. That's the key! The same basic conceits of the aesthetic are all there. "NFT" in the public consciousness is essentially now "a portrait of a silly animal" even though in theory there shouldn't be any specific strain of theme or composition of what an NFT even is, and there is even a pretty wide swath of NFTs that are actually cool art pieces. The sheer tastelessness of the crypto community poisoned the well from the start. I think the whole concept of NFTs would have been much, much more widely accepted and embraced if there had been some kind of prevailing aesthetic that wasn't on par with those old superhero creator palettes we used to gently caress around with in like 2005

They are using NFT to sell real artistic photography too, in sites like opensea. As an amateur photographer, I follow a lot of photographers in social networks and for some time most are trying to use it to get some money from their photos. And it seems it kinda works too, at least some of them are making some money out of it and good for them, I guess

Although I have no idea if buying a photo on opensea gives you any real, legal ownership of the thing, or just the dumb token

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

It's just the token. It's only ever the token. People are buying and selling hyperlinks worth hundreds of thousands/millions of dollars. But it's a unique, one of a kind hyperlink.

I mean, sometimes ownership of the token can confer benefits in other systems, (e.g. skins in games), but those are granted through informal agreements outside of the blockchain and can (and will) disappear at a moment's notice. If a photographer is just putting a photo on opensea, it's just the token. whoever buys it has no right to use that photo for anything.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 18, 2022

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Elias_Maluco posted:

They are using NFT to sell real artistic photography too, in sites like opensea. As an amateur photographer, I follow a lot of photographers in social networks and for some time most are trying to use it to get some money from their photos. And it seems it kinda works too, at least some of them are making some money out of it and good for them, I guess

Although I have no idea if buying a photo on opensea gives you any real, legal ownership of the thing, or just the dumb token

It blew up in the storm-chasing community for that reason, and also because chasers populate the overlap region of the Venn diagram between "meteorology" and "macho bro culture with a terminal case of confidence".

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

LifeSunDeath posted:

gonna start an NFT based dating site called Plenty of Grifts.

they already have an all men dating app

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

ASenileAnimal posted:

they already have an all men dating app

But not one created by the same programming geniuses hired to create crypto/NFT trading platforms.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hah, remember pirateat40 and pirate pass-thrus

loving classic. Hard to believe it's been 10 years already.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

It's just the token. It's only ever the token. People are buying and selling hyperlinks worth hundreds of thousands/millions of dollars. But it's a unique, one of a kind hyperlink.

Actually, as has been said multiple times before, you can generate a functionally identical token of exactly the link with the only material difference being creation date and owner.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Captain Charisma posted:

I thought the guy's art was okay, decent even, real bummed that he kickstarted an absolute economic clusterfuck for the sake of clout and whatever portion of the "sale" his backers didn't pump up themselves

hosed up that any artist would lower themselves to selling on Christie's, true, but he certainly didn't start the market where rich perverts think nothing of throwing millions of dollars at a sketch or a fragment of a statue or a banana

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Elias_Maluco posted:

The weird thing about this I think is that people hail NFTs as giving true ownership of thing. Because the blockchain is the arbiter of truth, no one can deny the truth that you own thing (or a link to thing at any rate). Except, OpenSea has positioned itself to be the arbiter of truth of ownership of things. When Seth Green had a bunch of NFTs stolen recently, one got sold but the others were "frozen" on OpenSea, somehow. So, the blockchain is incidental to ownership it would seem, and OpenSea is actually the gatekeeper.

If enough people use OpenSea, then OpenSea becomes (and arguably already is) the centralised, opaque, autocratic authority on who owns what, which runs counter to the whole "decentralised, power to the people" conceit surely?. They can - apparently - stop you selling the stuff you own, and perhaps even tell everyone except you that you aren't the legitimate owner of things if it so chooses, even though the blockchain is supposed to be the thing that defines ownership. If something is transferred to someone else, and everyone agrees (block confirmations) that it is transferred, then they own it in totality. There is no technical "on chain" difference between an NFT that was stolen from someone and one that was legitimately transferred as part of an agreed sale.

At least with something tangible once you own it (or have stolen it) you have it in your possession. With the brave new world of digital asset ownership the likes of OpenSea can taint your ownership, legitimate or otherwise, and prevent you basically getting any value from ownership since they are the de facto marketplace. How is that giving more power to the people?