Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Haha, cute, I love demakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

like a lot of extremely online nazi bullshit it's incredibly unlikely that anyone would pick that up as just a thing people say if they don't hang around a lot of extremely online nazis, but if you call em out on it it's on you to prove they're a nazi and there's no way to do that without sounding insane

I dunno where I've picked it up but I've been calling people 'friend' online for many years and I've never been or hung out around Nazis. I'm definitely in punch a Nazi camp so this could also just be a coincidence.

Fren though, never used so maybe it's gotta be the both? I lean on it just being a general online thing they picked up themselves because they are all also extremely online.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
"fren" is like any other thing in that yes there is plausible deniability about it but 95% of the time someone uses it it is obviously not a dog whistle and the fact is that actual shitheads will use it in tandem with other dog whistles to distinguish themselves because they tend to be very stupid.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

NLJP posted:

I dunno where I've picked it up but I've been calling people 'friend' online for many years and I've never been or hung out around Nazis. I'm definitely in punch a Nazi camp so this could also just be a coincidence.

Fren though, never used so maybe it's gotta be the both? I lean on it just being a general online thing they picked up themselves because they are all also extremely online.

I bet you've formulated sentences with fourteen words in them too you monster

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Hellblazer187 posted:

Isn't "fren" for "friend" an online neonazi thing? From when they had a nazi subreddit all in baby talk in an attempt to avoid scrutiny.

I think we can safely assume Seth Green is not a secret Neo Nazi.

Pretty sure it started with those insufferable "Can haz Cheezburgar?" Dog and cat memes

Illuminti fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 18, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

gonna start an NFT based dating site called Plenty of Grifts.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

help scammers stole my girlfriend

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Illuminti posted:

I think we can safely assume Seth Green is not a secret Neo Nazi

maybe he's just trying to impress laura loomer

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

OKStupid

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

help scammers stole my girlfriend

Well just fill out this Google document Super Offical Recovery form and we will be sure to get you your girlfriend back.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Illuminti posted:

Pretty sure it started with those insufferable "Can haz Cheezburgar?" Dog and cat memes

Well it's more like by being plugged into the crypto community you interact with a lot of Nazis without realizing you interact with Nazis.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Mercury_Storm posted:

I'm more surprised they had a legal team to begin with

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

CharlestheHammer posted:

everything libertarians believe is nonsense.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

DONT TOUCH MY STUFF!! <:mad:>

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

You can do anything in the metaverse, anything at all!

*orders fast food sub*

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Farmers Only

… oh wait

E: high posting. Confused farming and mining, but I still made myself laugh either way

fullroundaction fucked around with this message at 04:22 on May 18, 2022

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Deki posted:

*orders fast food sub*

welcome, to Zombocoin!

Captain Charisma
Nov 10, 2021

Deki posted:

*orders fast food sub*

so i went down a rabbit hole on the twitter for the platform they're shilling

they had an event called a "megacube" which involved clicking at pixels on a cube to progressively reveal what appears to be a sponsor logo or some poo poo

when the clicking is done you repeat the process for a smaller cube that is inside that one and which also has a dumb logo that now takes more clicks to "mine"

there are 100 cubes in this matryoshka skinner box

whoever clicks the most gets "a prize"

who left our species in charge of this planet

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

how is peter molyneux not up on this dick

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

This is too perfect to let go without another quote.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
PRIMATE FECAL FLINGERZ NFTs!!!!!

A LOT YOU STILL DON'T GET IT!!!

YOUR FECAL FLINGERZ CAN HUCK UP TO 3 SHIZZ A DAY!!!!

MINT THE TURD TODAY!!!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Sittin' on a lot of slurp juice that I gotta move before the first of the month

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

PRIMATE FECAL FLINGERZ NFTs!!!!!

A LOT YOU STILL DON'T GET IT!!!

YOUR FECAL FLINGERZ CAN HUCK UP TO 3 SHIZZ A DAY!!!!

MINT THE TURD TODAY!!!

But I went all in on slurp juice and now I can't hodl my asset long enough to mint

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Alan Smithee posted:

how is peter molyneux not up on this dick

He's way ahead of you.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ikanreed posted:

Well it's more like by being plugged into the crypto community you interact with a lot of Nazis without realizing you interact with Nazis.

The Bored Ape logo is an obvious reference to the SS emblem and all, it goes all the way up.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Some people prefer to remain silent about stuff they are unsure of in order to not look ignorant, but me?
me? no way man, my ignorance is a shining beacon of "hey fella's i dont understaaaaand" and theres absolutely no shame in wanting to absorb new and exciting facts.

tl;dr: what tf is a slurp?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Illuminti posted:

I don't know much about Seth Green, but I do know my aunt, who was raised by my holocaust surviving grandfather, is a rabid qanon nut so I don't think any particular identity makes someone immune to Nazism.

I mean he's probably not one, but also people should avoid using codewords that Nazis love, even if they're not themselves Nazis.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Hellblazer187 posted:

I don't know much about Seth Green, but I do know my aunt, who was raised by my holocaust surviving grandfather, is a rabid qanon nut so I don't think any particular identity makes someone immune to Nazism.

I mean he's probably not one, but also people should avoid using codewords that Nazis love, even if they're not themselves Nazis.

This is a baffling amount of thought to give to interrogating the casual use of a nonsense word

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

To attract the true Bitcoin crowd you'd have to call it Miners Only

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Heath posted:

This is a baffling amount of thought to give to interrogating the casual use of a nonsense word

Thought? I'm not thinking. I'm never thinking. I simply react.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Deki posted:

*orders fast food sub*

Hey, you can't order fast food at Zombocom even though the infinite is possible there, so clearly the metaverse is doing something right.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

staberind posted:

Some people prefer to remain silent about stuff they are unsure of in order to not look ignorant, but me?
me? no way man, my ignorance is a shining beacon of "hey fella's i dont understaaaaand" and theres absolutely no shame in wanting to absorb new and exciting facts.

tl;dr: what tf is a slurp?

https://twitter.com/JuiceSimpsons/status/1523551892432953345

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Cheers Sauce, so its a way of doubling down on the graft, truly, their ability to seperate fools from money is impressive.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
reminds me of one of my favs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wgb-TvIJ9M

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It really is basically Beanie Babies or tulips without actually having physical products that someone might have a use or value for as cute stuffed animals or pretty flowers, and with barely any effort required to create them, meaning you get a market swamped with insane nonsense. Like a gacha game without the 'game' part. It's like kids drawing their own Pokemon cards or whatever and then adults try to legitimately sell them as real cards.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What's really interesting is seeing how NFTs in particular have not evolved so much as failed to evolve. There was that one posted the other day that was like 3D gorillas and the first thing you see is one rising up with the same stupid laser eyes as the Bored Apes. Like there is virtually no thought put into the idea of elevating the craft as such, it's total derivation. Keep the ape part, but make them gorillas this time. That's the key! The same basic conceits of the aesthetic are all there. "NFT" in the public consciousness is essentially now "a portrait of a silly animal" even though in theory there shouldn't be any specific strain of theme or composition of what an NFT even is, and there is even a pretty wide swath of NFTs that are actually cool art pieces. The sheer tastelessness of the crypto community poisoned the well from the start. I think the whole concept of NFTs would have been much, much more widely accepted and embraced if there had been some kind of prevailing aesthetic that wasn't on par with those old superhero creator palettes we used to gently caress around with in like 2005

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Heath posted:

What's really interesting is seeing how NFTs in particular have not evolved so much as failed to evolve. There was that one posted the other day that was like 3D gorillas and the first thing you see is one rising up with the same stupid laser eyes as the Bored Apes. Like there is virtually no thought put into the idea of elevating the craft as such, it's total derivation. Keep the ape part, but make them gorillas this time. That's the key! The same basic conceits of the aesthetic are all there. "NFT" in the public consciousness is essentially now "a portrait of a silly animal" even though in theory there shouldn't be any specific strain of theme or composition of what an NFT even is, and there is even a pretty wide swath of NFTs that are actually cool art pieces. The sheer tastelessness of the crypto community poisoned the well from the start. I think the whole concept of NFTs would have been much, much more widely accepted and embraced if there had been some kind of prevailing aesthetic that wasn't on par with those old superhero creator palettes we used to gently caress around with in like 2005

Regardless, they would still be receipts for JPEGS. There is no ownership, no utility, and no value to NFTs.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

the art has never been the point and it never will. nobody who owns an nft gives a poo poo about what it looks like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
well, yeah, its not art, its not people wanting to be a patron of the arts, the oinly requirements are a generic base and the ability to churn out as many variations as possible with the least amount of effort,
I had a conversation with an artist friend of mine about her minting nft's and we concluded that its anti art if anything.

its interesting seeing the parralels between nft's and star citizen.