Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Edward Fingerhands posted:

That's an IKEA kallax unit, can I come work with you

if you're a full stack web developer, slide into my dms :wotwot:

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Dr. Honked posted:

I used to develop full stacks but I've found ¾ stacks fit better into my Honda Accord.

more falafel please

forums poster

there's somethign really nice about the roku 24/7 streams of one show. like you can just watch this old house forever

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Dr. Honked posted:

Lol I could but unless you're on the US West Coast I'll pass this time.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
my coworker has casually informed me that not only is the moon hollow and "rings like a bell", but non-organic corn is part of a government program to sterilize boys

help

xcheopis

Sarah Cenia posted:

my coworker has casually informed me that not only is the moon hollow and "rings like a bell", but non-organic corn is part of a government program to sterilize boys

help

Ask how they know it rings like a bell and, specifically, what type of bell.

Finger Prince

Sarah Cenia posted:

help

Tell me, oh wise one, how can the moon be hollow if it is made from cheese? But you're right about the corn, and it's not just corn either. It's anything non-organic. That includes the cotton in their clothing! Synthetic fabrics are even worse!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Corn is carbon based, so I'm not sure what they're getting at.

xcheopis

There used to be (still is?) a Real Foods near where I lived. I once asked if they carried mineral oil and the clerk very smugly told me that they didn't carry products made from hydrocarbons.
I'm sure my expression was very expressive.

more falafel please

forums poster

xcheopis posted:

There used to be (still is?) a Real Foods near where I lived. I once asked if they carried mineral oil and the clerk very smugly told me that they didn't carry products made from hydrocarbons.
I'm sure my expression was very expressive.

lol

don't want any chemicals in your products!

xcheopis

more falafel please posted:

lol

don't want any chemicals in your products!

I asked if he came from a planet where the majority of life forms were silicon based.

cruft

Glad to read I'm not the only one still making this tired-rear end dad joke on the regular

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

Glad to read I'm not the only one still making this tired-rear end dad joke on the regular

In my heart of hearts I know you are proud of me for this, as we are all striving to be the dadliest catch.

cruft

In my heart of hearts I know you are proud of me for this, as we are all striving to be the dadliest catch.

I try hard not to post ironically in BYOB.

It genuinely makes me happy to see people making dumb jokes! It indicates somebody is making an effort to keep things lighthearted even if it comes at the expense of not looking cool anymore.

more falafel please

forums poster

carbon based life implies the existence of silicon cringe life

Finger Prince

Ordering a light weight hood for your sports car from Mexico and receiving one made out of knitted cashmere because of a typo you made in the email.

Finger Prince

That should probably go in the jokes thread.

KitConstantine

Got so frustrated about an ongoing issue with a customer at work that I got loud (aka yelled) when explaining the history and *why* I was frustrated

Now I'm embarrassed :(

Long day

Thank You To Pot Smoke Phoenix

Escape From Noise

I do love that the response to me getting an offer for a commercial sample of yeast that can sour in tank without contamination with data and commercial examples of products made with said yeast for the price of shipping (~2k yen)and a request for feedback is teeth sucking and "That's going to be difficult! We'll need to check with management!". Especially when the other yeast I've been using is not currently available due to supply chain issues and the sour pitch we'll use in it's place is over 10k yen and is more sour than they'd like. Corporate structure baybeeeeeeee!

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Sarah Cenia posted:

non-organic corn

xcheopis posted:

the clerk very smugly told me that they didn't carry products made from hydrocarbons.

:ughh:

Ass-penny

:yikes:

NumptyScrub

Oh wait if I wasn't clear, that would have been my reaction in either of those situations. I am most decidedly not trying to throw shade on either Sarah Cenia or xcheopis they are cool posters :sweatdrop:

Escape From Noise

Pretty freaked out right now. A keg I was washing just ruptured.

A guy at the Redhook brewery in New Hampshire was killed by a keg rupturing during cleaning like 10 years ago.

NumptyScrub

Oh holy hell I hope you are ok EFN

Do you get any kind of warning when this happens or is it just an instantaneous thing? :ohdear:

Escape From Noise

Fortunately it didn't like burst really hard and I was standing pretty far from the keg washer. But there's no real warning.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I wanted to go buy some flowers this morning but then a client scheduled a meeting, and then rescheduled it twice for later in the morning. So I sat around all morning waiting for a 10 minute meeting to happen and now I want to go back to bed.

Ass-penny

NumptyScrub posted:

Oh wait if I wasn't clear, that would have been my reaction in either of those situations. I am most decidedly not trying to throw shade on either Sarah Cenia or xcheopis they are cool posters :sweatdrop:

yeah no, I wasn't yikesing your post. a lot of our friends ITT posted stories that made me feel that way.

glad you're safe EFN!

Buttchocks posted:

I wanted to go buy some flowers this morning but then a client scheduled a meeting, and then rescheduled it twice for later in the morning. So I sat around all morning waiting for a 10 minute meeting to happen and now I want to go back to bed.

that sounds incredibly frustrating.

Escape From Noise

At a beer event this weekend and the restaurant manager is helping today. It's not a huge deal but it's kinda funny how much he just leans into the smoothie sour IPA as a possible sale. It's the only beer he mentions to potential customers.

Escape From Noise

Beer event was mostly good and I think my bosses were able to understand things I was trying to say. I think they may have learned a few things. We'll see. Man I'm tired.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Making myself sick every Sunday worrying about work is very cool

Escape From Noise

Running a production schedule by committee is going great.

Escape From Noise

It loving rules that me getting a raise is dependent on my beer selling bit management is forever putting off doing outside sales and focusing on one beer to the exclusion of all others, pushing bottle sales at a volume I cannot possibly produce. Also that my production schedule keeps getting started and stopped at random so I'm always behind on my materials orders and the amount of product I can release at a time is severely hampered.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 07:28 on May 23, 2022

Escape From Noise

Jobs. Are they worth it? (No!)

Ass-penny

Escape From Noise posted:

Jobs. Are they worth it? (No!)

Yeah I'm at my job right now, this is dumb. I could be home ripping bongs!

xcheopis

rear end-penny posted:

Yeah I'm at my job right now, this is dumb. I could be home ripping bongs!

I could be home rearranging things so that there is comfort and safety for any new fluffer-hogs I acquire!

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
I have to do a "webinar" in a few minutes. 30 minutes of going through a PowerPoint about the stuff I work on to an audience that may or may not include anyone outside of our company. Apparently the previous webinars we've have had zero questions. But we gotta keep going!

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
All done! Pretty sure we had fewer audience members than we had for the practice session yesterday.

Escape From Noise

Cool. I just got yelled at for asking for time off I'd requested earlier but lost because the production schedule got changed on me again. Definitely time to look for a new job.

Escape From Noise

I can't deal with this garbage rear end industry anymore. Time to face my failure to make it as a brewer. I guess there's always teaching English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

You are not a failure my orb, you just happen to be working for assholes.