Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It takes 9-10 rolls to reach pity on the climb to 1370, and you start at 20-25% success rates, so actually getting to pity all the time isn't exactly "expected". Odds are you'll get lucky sometimes and unlucky other times, but it's definitely easy to tunnel-vision on the outliers (especially when you're getting just slightly unlucky and it's preventing you from doing new content).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I decided to take one of my 1340 alts to 1370 and I don't know how I did it the first time around. Even with the T3 research it's just an awful experience to blow a weeks worth of mats from 3 characters and get like 7 ilvls.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Chocobo posted:

I decided to take one of my 1340 alts to 1370 and I don't know how I did it the first time around. Even with the T3 research it's just an awful experience to blow a weeks worth of mats from 3 characters and get like 7 ilvls.
Use honing books. They are cost efficient for the later upgrades at current prices. Takes 15k-25k guardians & not that many destruction. I push at 600-700 bound leapstones and it works out.

Buying out pirate & guild vendors on an army of t3 alts also helps with guardians.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Are they really doing this? I painfully completed all the Feiton underwater abyss dungeons this weekend for my express pass and only just now found Ninevah on an island and sure enough I'm getting a quest to go through them all again. It took me 3 parties and a couple of hours to finish the last one...

I don't remember seeing quests for all the previous abyss dungeons but I should have suspected from all the cutscenes these had. Ugh. It shouldnt have let me queue for them until I'd gotten the roster quests.

I'm guessing at minimum I should wait for Thursday reset so I get gold and loot again?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I am not even sure that quest is required for anything.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

It seems to want me to do it before I can do Destiny's Whisper for Isteri Isle/Kadan. But I need to get to 1100 and find Zinnervale for the third part before I can check to see if I've done enough.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

bagrada posted:

Are they really doing this? I painfully completed all the Feiton underwater abyss dungeons this weekend for my express pass and only just now found Ninevah on an island and sure enough I'm getting a quest to go through them all again. It took me 3 parties and a couple of hours to finish the last one...

I don't remember seeing quests for all the previous abyss dungeons but I should have suspected from all the cutscenes these had. Ugh. It shouldnt have let me queue for them until I'd gotten the roster quests.

I'm guessing at minimum I should wait for Thursday reset so I get gold and loot again?

I still haven't finished that loving quest yet, ugh, for exactly the same reason

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

bagrada posted:

Yeah Thursday reset. This is the only one like that, I think. There are a few other requirements for that quest chain. The uhh... Illusion Bamboo and something else I think, if you haven't knocked those out yet.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

bagrada posted:

It won't let you go in again on the same character if you already did it this week. So you don't even have a choice except to do it next week.

It's a fun set of raids though, and the gold from it is ok.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

They were fun but I definitely don't recommend using random matchmaking for them. I've been sticking to that rather than joining a guild because I don't plan to hang around the game long and I saw guild slots were limited for some dumb reason. I've got no interest in grinding late T3 hones or doing some of the other RNG farms from everything I've read about it, but I'm having a blast playing through the story and wrecking chaos dungeons with various classes so its a lot of fun for now.

I was spoiled by too many higher levels slumming in early abyss dungeons and guardian raids so that caught up with me in the Feiton ones where you can't just overgear them or get carried. My first group tried Alaric quite a bit and I admit it took me 3 fights to get the mechanics down but there were other people who were either ignoring chat or trolling by then so the group bitterly voted to quit. I was on-level (960 I think) and had a red defense engraving activated so that didn't help.

My second run the next day had someone LD on zone in and never come back and on the second boss it was clear we didn't have the damage so we had a friendly vote quit there.

For the third run I was 1080 and had a full group of 1380+ and it was still a close call. The other group had a bard and a paladin (can you change groups around mid-run?) and they'd just shield through mechanics then yell at us for being bad. It took a while to get everyone on the same page and we still had someone grabbing random positions instead of picking a spot in the arrow. Our winning fight we had everyone alive through 2 staggers and 2 safe zones but then started losing people to the enrage freeze I guess. It came down to 3 bars of health with me and 2 others alive. I was on a sliver of health and out of pots and got the killing blow so my first thought was "never again".

I'll probably try them again Thursday or Friday though, I do want to clear out all these purple quests.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
you can change groups around mid-run in party finder for sure (the raid leader just needs to open the menu with the gear next to the party name and drag people around), idk if it can be done in matchmaking though

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

are we losing the fun guardians event tomorrow? it’s been great for all my t1 alts that otherwise feel kinda meh with no stats.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hefty posted:

are we losing the fun guardians event tomorrow? it’s been great for all my t1 alts that otherwise feel kinda meh with no stats.

Yes, hoping we get a new event tomorrow or thursday to replace it. I eventually gave up on doing it though, I don't like fighting the guardians, so I am ready for something new.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I think this is the next event.

“Wild Wings Island - Arkesia is a vast land, filled with a myriad of menacing and sometimes, well, less-menacing threats. Seeking revenge for eating their friends and family, Crispy Golden Chickings are planning to raid the island. Players turn into a chicken or beer to battle the Chicking boss to earn event coins. The quicker you defeat waves of enemies, the quicker more Chickings appear and the more coins you can earn! Wild Wings Island is a new event island where players can participate in co-op quests or join solo to help suppress this unique uprising.”

I hope they announce the next class(es) soon, I'm itching to use my Feiton pass and can't decide who to use it on.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

bagrada posted:

Crispy Golden Chickings

lmao this game is so loving weird

(please don’t be another scheduled event)

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Hefty posted:

lmao this game is so loving weird

(please don’t be another scheduled event)

What does your heart tell you?

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

i’m fully prepared to hate anything having to do with islands tbh

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEgraeddTfw

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I know there's lots of speculation on the market, but it kind of amazes me there were multiple Graceful Monkey skin chests on the market last night for under 2k gold. Buying them in the store for blue crystals would be the converted value of like 7500-8000g on Una (and that's the full three piece set chests, not piecemeal).

Not complaining by any means, my Glaivier no longer looks like they're wearing cheap brass. Just a reminder to periodically scan the market for cool deals.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a honing calculator that shows you how many materials and gold you will need in order to reach the next tier assuming pity upgrade every time?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Is there a honing calculator that shows you how many materials and gold you will need in order to reach the next tier assuming pity upgrade every time?

Maxroll's? I haven't used it but it looks to have that if you select worst case.
https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/upgrade-calculator

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Very disappointing that they haven't announced the next class before destroyer tomorrow. Makes the decision on using the feiton power pass/express pass complicated.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Zotix posted:

Very disappointing that they haven't announced the next class before destroyer tomorrow. Makes the decision on using the feiton power pass/express pass complicated.

Illustrating why they aren’t releasing the information…

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Dynamite Dog posted:

Illustrating why they aren’t releasing the information…

because they want you to buy a power pass in the shop instead? oh wait, you can’t.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah I just saw on reddit they have power passes for rohendel (2100rc), yorn (3150), punika (5250) and south vern (6300rc) in the shop in korea. Royal Crystals may be priced differently there though. I know they'd still get a bunch from me as I love trying all the classes out and have already bought a few character slots. My highest char is ready to start Punika thanks to the express pass but I'm already down to only 4 basic knowledge transfers left and am thinking of using my feiton pass on a sorc so I'm hoping they announce the next one or two classes coming.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Hefty posted:

because they want you to buy a power pass in the shop instead? oh wait, you can’t.

because they don't want you to skip on the current thing to wait on the next thing

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
So I'm at 1412 and Valtan is out tomorrow. Looks like I'm not making it before release but I should be able to hit 1415 within the first week. I still have Argos and Abyssal Dungeons to get a bunch of greater honor leapstones. Probably the new event too. What really sucks is I still don't have the dumb omnium star from Moake so I'll have to farm that instead of the new boss. I want that skill point potion.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If I could change anything, it would be to make it that honing had a 100% success rate for all of tier 1 and 2, and you could just freely skip the story content for all of your alts once you finish it for your main character.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I'd like batch honing. An optional button that will do all your gear with no modifiers either until it fails or you run out of mats. Express Pass spoiled me with 2 levels at once through the early boring parts.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Velveteen posted:

So I'm at 1412 and Valtan is out tomorrow. Looks like I'm not making it before release but I should be able to hit 1415 within the first week. I still have Argos and Abyssal Dungeons to get a bunch of greater honor leapstones. Probably the new event too. What really sucks is I still don't have the dumb omnium star from Moake so I'll have to farm that instead of the new boss. I want that skill point potion.

Supposedly Chaos Line Hard Mode shop has like 200 Greater Honors, so Week 1 should be doable for you.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

CubicalSucrose posted:

Supposedly Chaos Line Hard Mode shop has like 200 Greater Honors, so Week 1 should be doable for you.

You cannot buy anything from the hard mode vendor until you're 1415.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I said come in! posted:

freely skip the story content for all of your alts once you finish it for your main character.

super down for this, but honestly even just removing the cap on knowledge transfers would be fine for me. i don’t mind doing the t1/t2 stuff on alts, i just don’t want to level to 50 or do the other story content again.

Dynamite Dog posted:

because they don't want you to skip on the current thing to wait on the next thing

i thought they wanted people to catch up and do the current content? doesn’t really vibe with the idea that t3 and legion raids saved the game or w/e but who knows what they’re thinking at this point.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The next set of classes will likely come with a new event/pass, I won't be surprised if it's a Punika power pass also.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I'm assuming (based on absolutely nothing) that they'll do one power pass for each block of 2 classes

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I'm assuming (based on absolutely nothing) that they'll do one power pass for each block of 2 classes

I assume the same, to be honest. Gives folks a chance to shortcut a class they have been waiting on (or backfill an existing class alt) but doesn't completely obsolete knowledge transfers.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Roxx did say that they hope to have the next 2 month roadmap out in the next week or so.

But that doesn't help on if I boost a destroyer tomorrow or not. If we are getting summoner next I'm not boosting a summoner. If it's an arcanist, then I probably will.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zotix posted:

Roxx did say that they hope to have the next 2 month roadmap out in the next week or so.

But that doesn't help on if I boost a destroyer tomorrow or not. If we are getting summoner next I'm not boosting a summoner. If it's an arcanist, then I probably will.
Pretty good chance of getting a powerpass with the next one.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Doesn't the Feiton pass expire in June anyways? So we're obviously getting one for the next set of classes.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Cinara posted:

Doesn't the Feiton pass expire in June anyways? So we're obviously getting one for the next set of classes.
I truly believe we'll get one. I also believed we'd get one with destroyer, though.

I can't wait to play scouter/arcana/maybe even reaper.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Destined For Destruction Release Notes