Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

binge crotching posted:

I haven't seen the port in years, hopefully it's decent again.

I grab it whenever I see it it’s great for the price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

numberoneposter posted:

$400? It better have a BJ setting. Or at least a Tuggy setting.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/zojirushi-10-cup-pressure-induction-heating-rice-cooker-stainless-steel-black/6436203.p?skuId=6436203

Get it and put your dilz in it and report back to us

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i gave away my fancyish Costco rice cooker and got a zoji one that has no features except rice because all I ever made was rice and the zoji is marginally easier to clean

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Jusy get a drat instant pot they sell them at costco too

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I have an instant pot and a rice cooker very similar to the one above and I still use the rice cooker. It’s just easier.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Sounds interesting but nuking a bowl of pre-made rice is easier.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Got gas first, then a clothing return, now enjoying a slice and a soda. pbuc.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Yeah I like doing things in the reverse order: get gas, eat a hot dog, then buy stuff. Sitting in the food court with a cart full of stuff next to me takes away from the hot dog experience, and waiting in the gas line with frozen food in my trunk seems less than optimal too.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

That’s the pleb version, it’s all about the $800 version now.

https://shop.zojirushi.com/collections/rice-cookers/products/nwjec/

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Chinatown posted:

Sounds interesting but nuking a bowl of pre-made rice is easier.

Nuking a bowl of premade rice is my go to midnight snack. Pull it out of the microwave, pour some Frank's hot sauce on it and I'm good to go.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Jingleheimer posted:

Nuking a bowl of premade rice is my go to midnight snack. Pull it out of the microwave, pour some Frank's hot sauce on it and I'm good to go.

You can do better than that

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Easiest, most consistent rice I've ever made comes from using an instant pot, washed rice, and using 1:1 ratio for water and rice. Pressure cook for 3 min, let it naturally steam release.

May not work with brown rice, but Costco, at least the ones in Socal, sell Tiger rice cookers for ~$99 or less on sale.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I have a rice cooker and i always make way too much rice. Thats my rice story

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/jeffkirdeikis/status/1526958614560186368

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Jingleheimer posted:

Reminds me of a place I used to work at. We made small batches of sushi rice mixed with hot sauce instead of seasoned vinegar. Used it for a roll with fried catfish, onions, pickles, and kewpie mustard-aise on the inside.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah, thats not why the stock is down today lol

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
https://www.costco.com/.product.100849015.html

Has anyone bought the Husqvarna pressure washer that went on sale today? I'm tired of looking at my grubby driveway but don't know anything about pressure washers.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I have a rice cooker and i always make way too much rice. Thats my rice story
day old rice is the way to go for stir fry any ways

i have a cheap as poo poo rice cooker with a mismatched lid, no BJ settings not even a tuggy setting, but its gotta be up there in my most used appliances

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Fashionably Great posted:

Has anyone bought the Husqvarna pressure washer that went on sale today? I'm tired of looking at my grubby driveway but don't know anything about pressure washers.

I have it and it washing things with pressure. Works well with my car cleaning stuff and getting oil etc… off the drive way.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Jingleheimer posted:

Pull it out of the microwave, pour some Frank's hot sauce on it and I'm good to go.

What the gently caress

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

BRING BACK THE DELI MUSTARD AND ONION DISPENSER YOU COWARDS

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

FogHelmut posted:

BRING BACK THE DELI MUSTARD AND ONION DISPENSER YOU COWARDS

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i miss turning that crank. watching the onion bits fall effortlessly onto my dog :sigh:

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Generally people have a pretty low opinion of most electric pressure washers (says the guy who has an unopened one sitting in his garage). They just can't hit the same pressure levels as gas units. That said, gas units are a lot larger and have the usual problems small engine gas units typically do (says the guy who also has a half-assembled gas pressure washer in his garage). For a driveway I'd probably lean towards borrowing/renting a gas unit.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
I like microwaved rice but holy crap is it bad to microwave poo poo in plastic.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

here i sit pathetically squeezing packet after tiny packet of heinze mustard onto my cherished hot dog. this is the new normal? this is living? this is our society? wanna know how i got these stretch marks?

*drip of sweaty clown makeup falls into my barqs rootbeer*

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Generally people have a pretty low opinion of most electric pressure washers (says the guy who has an unopened one sitting in his garage). They just can't hit the same pressure levels as gas units. That said, gas units are a lot larger and have the usual problems small engine gas units typically do (says the guy who also has a half-assembled gas pressure washer in his garage). For a driveway I'd probably lean towards borrowing/renting a gas unit.

Or just buy it and if it doesn't work, return it because that's why we are Costco members?? :shrug:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

BeastOfExmoor posted:

An electric probably won't work as well, just can't hit the pressure needed to blast concrete, gasoline holds a very clear advantage. The downside (as mentioned) is having a gasoline engine just sitting around for months waiting for you to use it again sucks big time for them, where an electric one is better in all maintenance respects. I'd also say just rent one if you need it since you've gone this long without one on your driveway anyway. A gasoline pressure washer rules but only if you have a use for it. You do not want to use a gasoline one on say, your car, way too powerful.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

.Z. posted:

That’s the pleb version, it’s all about the $800 version now.

https://shop.zojirushi.com/collections/rice-cookers/products/nwjec/

It's on sale for $711.49!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I had to replace the carburetor in my gas pressure washer because I let it sit too long. I told myself I wouldn’t make that mistake again and that was like 10 months ago. So don’t be like me if you get a gas pressure washer.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Kaddish posted:

I had to replace the carburetor in my gas pressure washer because I let it sit too long. I told myself I wouldn’t make that mistake again and that was like 10 months ago. So don’t be like me if you get a gas pressure washer.

Thanks for reminding me to fire up the one I haven't run in a couple months and wash the windows or something. Bought a Honda lawnmower because I use it so often but didn't want to shell out the dough for a Honda pressure washer so I got a simoniz branded one with a kohler motor...

e: this is basically the Dad Thread right?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
If you want a pressure washer for a one time thing (driveway) honestly you should just pay someone to do it for you. They have better equipment, better chemicals, and more experience than you. It'll come out looking better.

Cost me $200 to have someone power wash my house. The rental would've been something like $60/hour and considering I have no idea what I'm doing, I think paying someone would've ended up being cheaper in the long.

Electric power washers are more like glorified hoses so they're really just not worth it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

lol

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I bought the Husqvarna on sale last year primarily just for washing our cars. It does a great job at that, but struggles at heavier cleaning jobs like siding or driveways. Also the included hose really sucks so you'll probably want to drop another $20-40 for a new one almost right away.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Renegret posted:

If you want a pressure washer for a one time thing (driveway) honestly you should just pay someone to do it for you. They have better equipment, better chemicals, and more experience than you. It'll come out looking better.

Cost me $200 to have someone power wash my house. The rental would've been something like $60/hour and considering I have no idea what I'm doing, I think paying someone would've ended up being cheaper in the long.

Electric power washers are more like glorified hoses so they're really just not worth it.

I'd echo this. Even with an electric washer, you can really gently caress stuff up on accident if you don't know what you are doing.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Just dropped 2500 on a pergola, pbuc

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I have a 2000 psi electric pressure washer. Its perfectly fine for cleaning my car and patio furniture. It did okay blasting peeling paint of of my garage door. It can do concrete sorta but I would opt for something more powerful.

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Just dropped 2500 on a pergola, pbuc

Good luck building it. My wife and I built one last year over 3 full days. I would highly recommend having the 2-4 helpers as the instructions say when putting the roof on.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
first you make sure your relationship can stand building ikea furniture together, and if you survive that test, move on to costco pergolas

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
For the price of a Sixpack I can rent a pressure from one of my three neighbors who have one. I highly recommend that option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
OH GOD I NEED CAKE IS COSTCO STILL NOT DOING HALF SHEETS?!