Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It is weird how easy it is to have missed ONE single torch in week 1 and be screwed outta the emblem

Not for me, since I no-life this poo poo every day, but for Normies it's bad design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
I had a very strange bug where at the beginning of the week, I could claim the reward boxes on Eva's 2nd page, which seemed to count as gaining 2 more platinum torches. Along with the normal ones from the previous week and this week, I've already got the emblem.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
The III emblem? I have that too and I have no idea why.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Hobnob posted:

I had a very strange bug where at the beginning of the week, I could claim the reward boxes on Eva's 2nd page, which seemed to count as gaining 2 more platinum torches. Along with the normal ones from the previous week and this week, I've already got the emblem.

Yeah someone else told me that too - I didn't claim those boxes at all, couldn't get em before reset and by the time I checked again they were gone entirely, I feel like they were placeholders that were meant to be replaced entirely by the torch system? it's weird.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
These Savathun Cosplays are gonna be off the chain

https://twitter.com/willowcreativ/status/1526030836881055744?s=21&t=1zslhf22RVwEDUVsJF_gpQ

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

What time (and timezone, i'm in the uk) is best to hit up the discord? I need to arrange to try and complete vow and vox master this week if I want the big bright dust prize. Real life conspired to give me barely any time to play last week, so I ended up missing out on the medal plat, and now I have a week to try and do both. Egh.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
None of the challenges require Master Vow, you just need to complete a raid challenge on the regular raid.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
There's a week 9 challenge to do it on master and get the catalyst. (Edit: Vox, that is, now VoW. Too drat many V-acronyms.)

Normal vox is fairly easy to use bungie LFG and get a pubbie group that can do it.

Master vox is very tight on the timing and a coordinated goon group will make it much easier

You may find the Euro Goon Squad discord easier to match times with than Overchill. Link in the first post.

Hobnob fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 17, 2022

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Hobnob posted:

There's a week 9 challenge to do it on master and get the catalyst. (Edit: Vox, that is, now VoW. Too drat many V-acronyms.)

Ah, that's where I got mixed up, my apologies.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Goddammit, lost track of which day it was and missed turning in about 300 Iron banner tokens.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

Ah, that's where I got mixed up, my apologies.
Oh yeah, master voX, regular voW. I feel like I'll barely be able to get through regular raid, I heavily doubt I'll survive a master raid.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I hope I can delete my 8,682 IB tokens with one click.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Dumb question: is there any way in-game to find goons to do vanguards or strikes or whatever? I usually don't have hours at a time, so I know some of the raids are out, and I'm not usually chatty on the mic.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Ynglaur posted:

Dumb question: is there any way in-game to find goons to do vanguards or strikes or whatever? I usually don't have hours at a time, so I know some of the raids are out, and I'm not usually chatty on the mic.

lol. lmao. no. The Serious Overchill discord linked in the OP will be your best bet.

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 17, 2022

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
this is a game that will tell you right in the vault screen to use a third party app to manage your inventory

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Where is the magical RGB shader I am hearing about? All I saw was "photo finish" which makes my guys look brassy/whitish

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Roman posted:

Where is the magical RGB shader I am hearing about? All I saw was "photo finish" which makes my guys look brassy/whitish

That's the one. It changes the colors of the LED lights on this year's GG ornaments.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

hiddenriverninja posted:

That's the one. It changes the colors of the LED lights on this year's GG ornaments.
Ok I didn't get any of those, I haven't done any GG at all

Brother Buer
Oct 23, 2012

Roman posted:

That's the one! If there are glowing bits on your armor it'll cycle through different colors, here it is in action

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I don't think it's specific to GG stuff, just any ship/shader/armor/gun that has a glowy bit.

E:f,b

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I'm feeling kinda checked-out when it comes to the playlist stuff at this point. I can't really bring myself to do the weekly bright dust grind unless it overlaps with other stuff on the list, and I've been limiting the rep grind to double XP weeks. Wellspring I will use as a spot to grind kills on crafted weapons until I finally get the other two glaive patterns, but then I'm done with it. Trying to do everything every week on three characters when I want to be playing Elden Ring isn't going to work.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Paracelsus posted:

I'm feeling kinda checked-out when it comes to the playlist stuff at this point. I can't really bring myself to do the weekly bright dust grind unless it overlaps with other stuff on the list, and I've been limiting the rep grind to double XP weeks. Wellspring I will use as a spot to grind kills on crafted weapons until I finally get the other two glaive patterns, but then I'm done with it. Trying to do everything every week on three characters when I want to be playing Elden Ring isn't going to work.

Once I get the seasonal seal, I am Done With Destiny except for raids and helping clan mates get through stuff. By the time the next season rolls around, I’m all bright eyed and bushy tailed again!

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

So I'm 12/15 on Glory Rank and I feel like around this point I really need some help to get that coveted 15/15.

That's three rounds in a row where I'm #1 on the team (the first sign there is a problem) by far and have abandoners by the second match. Beyond infuriating.

Basically if you want to go for Glory I'd really appreciate someone hitting me up with your bungie ID. I'd love to finish this out this season.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/a_dmg04/status/1527005165462896640?s=21&t=Uex47eb8CsKyynW2qMw4dA

We, uh, might not get anything until like 48 hours before reset, lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/a_dmg04/status/1527005165462896640?s=21&t=Uex47eb8CsKyynW2qMw4dA

We, uh, might not get anything until like 48 hours before reset, lol

Trailers either drop a week before or Day-Of new season, nothing to be alarmed by here.

They've spilled more beans than usual already, they just haven't dropped a youtube video with slow mo footage of supers getting cast on red bars in the New Seasonal Activity

If they also gave out the name of the season, the dungeon, or the reprised Old Content, it would spoil a TON of what's to come

They're being chodes about "is it arc or solar!!!" of course, but that's probably because we had it leaked months ago already and they don't want to do an announcement to zero surprise.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

they’re saving up for the big surprise that they’re actually updating two subclasses at once: moving void and stasis to the arc/solar model

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Big surprise from next season is that it’s ADA-1 focused and she’ll now have all mods available for sale at all times

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the lamentations of the Content Creators and their frustration over not being able to make a video talking over the trailer footage is giving me much strength

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So where does a Red Herring drop from? I've had the quest to craft one, but i don't think I've ever got one let alone 3 or 5 red border ones to unlock.

Also, does it have to the red border w pattern text or can it be any red border with deepdick insight or whatever?

Majere fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 18, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Majere posted:

So where does a Red Herring drop from? I've had the quest to craft one, but i don't think I've ever got one let alone 3 or 5 red border ones to unlock.

Throne world world drops and activities that aren't locked to dropping something else

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Majere posted:

Throne World activities and chests. I’ve probably gotten more red frames of those than any other TW gun except the sidearm.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Majere posted:

I remember getting a red border one from a main story quest (not sure if reward or was just random loot) but otherwise your best option is to live on the throne world. Open chests, do events, kill roaming bosses etc.

The rest is RNG. I got like 20 red border empiral evidences before I got enough red border forensic nightmares to craft one.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
And this is just a taste of the torment that awaits as you try to collect the wellspring weapons

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You get a guaranteed redframe Red Herring as a reward for beating the final mission of the WQ campaign.

Don't delete redframe craftable weapons (until you have the pattern unlocked)

Kill Lucent Hive HVTs on the Throne World and do the weekly Reflection missions and cross your fingers.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Worst case just run an alt through the campaign missions to get another red herring.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Season of the Haunted, apparently

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I would approve of returning to the moon since it's a great map with lots of twisty turny bits.

Since the moon is also an airless void with nothing combustible we should therefore get fire 2.0 powers next.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm not sure the name refers to actual spooky specters

Unless you count Immaru

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's gonna be another sad life lesson in Crow's progression as a guardian, as he his haunted by his terrible decisions in the current season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

here twab

E: :siren: VAULT SPACE UP TO 600 :siren:

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 19, 2022