Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They're abandoning him for the wrong reasons I guarantee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Finally some closure for that innocent tree.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

He will be a Fox News panelist by the end of the week.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Blind Rasputin posted:

He will be a Fox News panelist by the end of the week.

Fox News isn’t classy enough for wood panelling.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I don't think it's a grift at all. There's a difference between a long shot and a grift.

I don’t disagree, I was mostly trying to pre empt it. lol

I like the guys message and platforms like rural broadband. Also the guy cuts a great promo…err ad. It is kind of odd hearing all the military jargon in a Democratic ad though.

brains
May 12, 2004

when ISIS did this the united states military hunted them down and killed them.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Upstate New York school board subversion rejected by voters.

https://twitter.com/tucitydesk/status/1526741815461920768?s=21&t=Y_EFjbRmvpRS_jDuS8apEQ

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hell yeah eat poo poo, Cawthorn.

Not that a "reasonable" Republican is much better, but it's nice to see Cawthorn eating poo poo.

Imagine how much of a fuckup you have to be to be an embarrassment to the 2022 GOP.

"Persecute the LGBT community? We'll allow it!"

"Be a possibly closeted member of the LGBT community? Hmm..."

Somewhere, in the afterlife, Roy Cohn is looking up and smiling.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 18, 2022

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I hate everything about this

Surprise!

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1526771305080561664?t=sdC7d14PIaItO4inc7jSkQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1526785366140780544?t=omnFHww0-pXxQzyCt2rlMA&s=19

Also Uncle Joe just forgave my student loans, Biden 2024 :toot: .

If you've been a fed or public servant for some ~10 years and made payments during that time, look into the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. poo poo took ~6 months to process, but it worked, and the deadline is October.

https://blogs.va.gov/VAntage/99648/veterans-active-duty-can-take-advantage-of-public-service-loan-forgiveness-program/

Edit: oh and drop me a PM if you have basic questions. And believe it or not, loving reddit is a good source!

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 12:18 on May 18, 2022

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CBJSprague24 posted:

Cawthorn just conceded.

e;fb. CNN earlier said there were GOP people on the Hill pulling against him.

It's okay to lie about being admitted to a service academy, lie about the paralympics, and lie to villify your supposed best friend.
But gently caress the wrong gender of cousing? North Carolina will not stand for that.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I'm happy to see the Trump endorsed candidates failing. Hopefully it will be an indicator for the mid-term elections.

Why do they always give us hope?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

This just means they're going to assassinate the person who won the primary, doesn't it.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

I was getting worried seeing all the chud signs around. But of course Ichabod Crane elected one of those freaks.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Midjack posted:

This just means they're going to assassinate the person who won the primary, doesn't it.

Well, maybe not assassinate.

In the Buffalo mayor's race last year, where the dem primary is the election, the multi term machine pol incumbent mayor didn't even bother campaigning, and lost the primary to a progressive challenger, because many/most of the city's residents are living in poverty while the mayor gladhands developers and gets rich people to move into new developments where the factories used to be.

The person who won the primary is not currently the mayor because the entire machine and all of the money in town ran a write in campaign for the machine pol mayor who then won the election as a write in.

I don't think this is exactly analogous here because The Money can't want these far right jagoffs over a nice grandpa republican in a suit, but there is recent prescident for shenanigans.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

stealie72 posted:

The person who won the primary is not currently the mayor because the entire machine and all of the money in town ran a write in campaign for the machine pol mayor who then won the election as a write in.

The only class consciousness in America is the Monied/Power Class

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Nick Soapdish posted:

The only class consciousness in America is the Monied/Power Class
And they do their damndest to keep it that way. Much of American history is keeping Cletus and Jerome from figuring out they have more in common with each other than with any of the politicians they support or bosses that pay them.

Which, by the way, I understand deep in my heart, but its still difficult as hell for me to make common cause with Cletus because of the Lets Go Brandon and Trump 2024 flags, and the casual homophobia and racism that is the core of his existence. The right's multi-generational propaganda effort has so thoroughly broken so many brains.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It’s way easier to unite people with hate.

The republicans have mastered it.

The democrats just don’t even try.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
"As President Lyndon B. Johnson said in the 1960s to a young Bill Moyers: “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”"

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

boop the snoot posted:

It’s way easier to unite people with hate.

The republicans have mastered it.

The democrats just don’t even try.

No, the biggest problem is that the "Democrats," which at this point is just a blanket term for a dozen-plus left-leaning and centrist parties/ideologies and more pet causes to-die-for than stars in the sky, all hate each other.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
I don't think democrats really unite over hating something. They would unite over helping people, but that's apparently anathema to the dem leadership, so...

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

ASAPI posted:

I'm happy to see the Trump endorsed candidates failing. Hopefully it will be an indicator for the mid-term elections.

Why do they always give us hope?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

No, the biggest problem is that the "Democrats," which at this point is just a blanket term for a dozen-plus left-leaning and centrist parties/ideologies and more pet causes to-die-for than stars in the sky, all hate each other.

An example of both things at once: NY State democrats passed and enacted a gerrymander, but it got overturned by the state supreme court. The State SC appointed a special master to create a map and it really shredded the current lines - it's a good map in a competitive environment, but brutal in a red wave.

So now, the incumbents are desperate to keep their seats and really don't give a gently caress about actual House control, including the guy responsible for... ensuring House control:

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1526927597514502144?t=B75n3117vzHzl2avntSskg&s=19

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
The Dems 100% will unite around messaging about helping people then fail to at a national level, at least. Very cool, glad they're focused on the prize locally too

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

facialimpediment posted:

An example of both things at once: NY State democrats passed and enacted a gerrymander, but it got overturned by the state supreme court. The State SC appointed a special master to create a map and it really shredded the current lines - it's a good map in a competitive environment, but brutal in a red wave.

So now, the incumbents are desperate to keep their seats and really don't give a gently caress about actual House control, including the guy responsible for... ensuring House control:

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1526927597514502144?t=B75n3117vzHzl2avntSskg&s=19

The same thing happened in VA, more or less. The VA GOP got a question on the 2020 ballot that was worded in such a way that idiots thought it sounded "fair" and in so doing, reversed the (then) Democratically-controlled statehouse and senate from being able to unilaterally redistrict the entirety of VA. It was clearly marked on Democratic sample ballots to vote "NO" to it, but DURR A BIPARTISAN COMMISSION SOUNDS FAIR: https://ballotpedia.org/Virginia_Question_1,_Redistricting_Commission_Amendment_(2020)

What happened, you might ask?

A year and a half of dithering and deadlock, giving the GOP time to take back the statehouse (and governor's mansion, but that was more on McAuliffe for running Hillary's loving 2016 playbook page-for-page)...because the districts hadn't been redrawn at that point. Because the ~BIPARTISAN COMMISSION~ couldn't reach a consensus, the VA Supreme Court got to redraw the lines: https://ballotpedia.org/Redistricting_in_Virginia_after_the_2020_census

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 18, 2022

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
It's fine, they'll gently caress this up again via infighting and blame it on millenials and zoomers who want universal health care like usual but also don't forget to donate to Beto to protect women's rights

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

LongDarkNight posted:

I was getting worried seeing all the chud signs around. But of course Ichabod Crane elected one of those freaks.

I'm curious to see how many end up in shen's board within the next few years

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Awww. My mom actually taught him in Elementary school, very funny kid and very nice too.

Also Madison losing is just something you love to see happen.

IK or McNally question: Is the Mac and Me gif considered to be in too bad taste to post? Like seriously I don’t want to catch a probation when I can ask first.

Posters don't fear the sixxer
Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain
You can be like we are

Come on Prolapse (don't fear the sixxer)
post that gif (don't fear the sixxer)
You'll be able to chill (don't fear the sixxer)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CainFortea posted:

Posters don't fear the sixxer
Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain
You can be like we are

Come on Prolapse (don't fear the sixxer)
post that gif (don't fear the sixxer)
You'll be able to chill (don't fear the sixxer)

:agreed:

For some drat reason I can't get a gif to post here...so we'll have to settle for youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEC_lkpD3rM

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 18, 2022

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
In Florida the redrawn districts have been thrown out because DeSantis wasn’t happy with a +4 edge it had to be a +6 edge and eliminated a district drawn to ensure North Florida Black folk can elect a rep of their choosing under the guise that the existing district violated the civil rights act by drawing the district along racial lines and creating a majority-minority district was in fact illegal.

So instead the current working map takes the old districts for north Florida and shoves the revised districts from central and south Florida. Into this weird Frankenstein map. Which impacts my neighborhood by moving from a Dem +6 to a Republican +20 district. Thanks!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Marshal Prolapse posted:

:agreed:

For some drat reason I can't get a gif to post here...so we'll have to settle for youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEC_lkpD3rM

Unless you're Paul Rudd and you have a movie to promote this is forbidden.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/prof_jpc/status/1527003339644362756?t=JhPPat6fD5dMKwESblPxBQ&s=19

What the gently caress 5th circuit

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Yup, so basically any Federal enforcement can be easily struck down in the 5ths eyes. This is a free for all at this point.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So if I'm reading that correctly, the definition of "Constitutional" is "What a Republican thinks is good". That about right?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/alexschief/status/1526734193304248320

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1526770936518680576

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

FetLife 4eva

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
Sheetz Ogre is the best/only shot the DNC has at ever getting the white House again.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bird food bathtub posted:

So if I'm reading that correctly, the definition of "Constitutional" is "What a Republican thinks is good". That about right?

Astronaut meme

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Sacrist65 posted:

Sheetz Ogre is the best/only shot the DNC has at ever getting the white House again.

He doesn't dress like the guy your boss has to keep in the dark in order to get any real work done.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A.o.D. posted:

He doesn't dress like the guy your boss has to keep in the dark in order to get any real work done.

He dresses like the guy your boss sends to fix problems.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Do you like nullification? Because that’s how we get nullification.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Like a lamb to the slaughter