Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Xerol posted:

Yeah I am just completely out of quests to do that need anything farmed, I just have the four level 6 pet quests and one that needs 400 salt. I assume a lot of quests are going to open up when I get exploring past 90. Levels are 98/99/99/88 right now.

Maybe have a look here https://buddy.farm/ and see what quests you haven’t done yet and what they’re going to need. You can begin stockpiling!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Yeah I'm at 200 wood/boards coming out of the sawmill and I don't know if I want to keep pumping that or just max the orchard now. Been turning wood into fancy pipes or hour glasses (limited by mushrooms on hourglasses so mostly pipes) and sturdy shields with boards.

Which means I make like, 400-500k ish every hour I think. Might be closer to 300? I don't really count.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I’m at 1850 something inventory and still craft pipes and shields all day. I up my boards and wood (and my trees) to my limit every day.

I add in fancy drums, garnet rings, lanterns and odds and sods but pipes and shields are so easy it’s mad not to make them.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

monkeytennis posted:

I’m at 1850 something inventory and still craft pipes and shields all day. I up my boards and wood (and my trees) to my limit every day.

I add in fancy drums, garnet rings, lanterns and odds and sods but pipes and shields are so easy it’s mad not to make them.

I assume this is because you've already knocked out all the other Boards/Wood/Stone Grand Masteries that are easily achievable? I've moved away from the classics to knock stuff out like Horseshoes and Treasure Chests.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Agent355 posted:

Yeah I'm at 200 wood/boards coming out of the sawmill and I don't know if I want to keep pumping that or just max the orchard now. Been turning wood into fancy pipes or hour glasses (limited by mushrooms on hourglasses so mostly pipes) and sturdy shields with boards.

Which means I make like, 400-500k ish every hour I think. Might be closer to 300? I don't really count.

Fwiw I was at 200/200 up until literally today, and am currently at 98/99/99/89 (gd exploring). I don’t think you need to push past that all that hard immediately, you’ll have a ton of wood and boards voiding as is as you explore for other things. (Not like you can’t, it’s not super expensive, but definitely not priority 1.)

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I will happily take any newbie gifts seeing as I upgraded my mailbox to allow fifteen whole items. I am 7/12/3/13 :kiddo: username is my SA name

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Klungar posted:

I assume this is because you've already knocked out all the other Boards/Wood/Stone Grand Masteries that are easily achievable? I've moved away from the classics to knock stuff out like Horseshoes and Treasure Chests.

Yep. I’m doing horseshoes as well.

Lv1Magikarp
Aug 16, 2018
Just jumped on this yesterday from a recommendation off a friend, added my username and code to the spreadsheet. (Lv1Magikarp C91BF2)

Back to fishing I go. I'm hooked.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I had to create AutoHotkey scripts for fishing and exploring. poo poo was giving me RSI.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Yeah, I feel like as long as you’re keeping it slow it should be fine? This feels like a game where slow autoclickers should be dev approved (even though in fact they are super not).

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Kebobs are at 9.5k right now

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

What do I do with the infinity glass orbs I get from the bottles on the wall quest? I’m constantly just selling them to avoid voiding them, but that seems silly.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Arcturas posted:

What do I do with the infinity glass orbs I get from the bottles on the wall quest? I’m constantly just selling them to avoid voiding them, but that seems silly.

You should be crafting the Glass Bottles you'll need for the next step in the quest. Otherwise, you can craft Steel with them, or trade them with other players for a nice chunk of Orange Juice. Last I actively traded Glass Orbs, you could trade them for Orange Juice 10:1.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

my current quest requires 400 gold peppers and 400 gold peas. at least those are very short grows, but. gently caress.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
The further I get in this game the dumber the puns get in the mission descriptions. It's my favorite thing.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Should I buy an Orchard after Forest or wait and save for Sawmill? 1M silver is a long way away for me.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Arcturas posted:

make more bottles, steel, or start mastering magnifying glasses

Weedle posted:

my current quest requires 400 gold peppers and 400 gold peas. at least those are very short grows, but. gently caress.

honestly if you ask in chat people will probably just give these to you

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Yeah those are both from pets

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Oldstench posted:

Should I buy an Orchard after Forest or wait and save for Sawmill? 1M silver is a long way away for me.

It'll come faster than you think, but you should absolutely buy an orchard, it gives you more stam which gives you more explores which gives you more money to buy sawmills and trees for your orchard to give you more stam to...

(And re: glass orbs. MAKE GLASS BOTTLES WITH THEM. That quest goes to 99, and glass bottles are incredibly useful overall given that they're in the premium money making craft, Lanterns, and used in your stam juices. Unless you're voiding orbs/bottles, you're going to use them.)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The only time you shouldn't be converting orbs to bottles is when you need them for steel. Like right now I'm maxed on jade and need steel to convert it to charms and I've also got a request that's asking for 300 steel and 100 orbs.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012
How many years and clicks is corn jail? When does one get paroled?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

You need about 4400 corn for the quest series. At 48 minutes a crop and getting about 40 per harvest (you probably have 28 crops and 40% bonus at this stage) its honestly not that bad. Its just that so far in the game you haven't really been presented with any grinds like this.

Corn Jail is mostly a meme and grossly exaggerated how time consuming it is.

To put things into perspective: You need 3100 beets for quests. Beets take nearly 2 DAYS to grow.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
That goes into the grape juice question again.
It seems it would be advisable to always use them on the longest crop or beets instead of corn?
You lose 3 hours for two batches of corn but get several days of crops you need later on.

If it matters, I am currently Farming 64, Fishing 63, Crafting 69, Exploring 69.
Next to the sawmill silver I try to make as many fishing nets as possible to level Fishing to 68 for the Minerva unlock.
Crafting Pipes and shields and if I have spare mushrooms I also go for sturdy swords.

My silver is split between more boards, wood and orchard right now.

Is there anything I could do to prepare for the Minerva unlock?

Should I use my grape juice on corn, broccoli or wheat?

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

Corn Jail is mostly a meme and grossly exaggerated how time consuming it is.

The real corn jail is runestone 11.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Tahirovic posted:

That goes into the grape juice question again.
It seems it would be advisable to always use them on the longest crop or beets instead of corn?
You lose 3 hours for two batches of corn but get several days of crops you need later on.

If it matters, I am currently Farming 64, Fishing 63, Crafting 69, Exploring 69.
Next to the sawmill silver I try to make as many fishing nets as possible to level Fishing to 68 for the Minerva unlock.
Crafting Pipes and shields and if I have spare mushrooms I also go for sturdy swords.

My silver is split between more boards, wood and orchard right now.

Is there anything I could do to prepare for the Minerva unlock?

Should I use my grape juice on corn, broccoli or wheat?

Always use juice on the highest level crop you have. Your primary goal with this is xp, not profits or quest progress. Farm XP is difficult to gain* and longer crops grants a lot more xp.
That said, the higher crops also sells for a decent buck so using juices on long crops doubles as a decent moneymaker.

*Literally over half the xp you have made on farming by the time it is 99 is "free" from upgrading crop rows, thats how little xp you get from crops.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I know there are some important end game pets, but are there any must have pets to grab during leveling?

My farming is at 60 and I still have the cat and dog at level 1

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Level 3 pets cost a million, might as well get them all to that level, though most aren’t all that useful until 6 (and some are never particularly useful)

If i had to prioritize i’d probably do this:
Dog to 3 for antlers (nets -> money)
Baboon to 3 for lemonade
Hedgehog to 3 for OJ
Owl to 3 to start the honey grind

Not sure if hedgehog is that affordable. Every pet after is probably too expensive.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 14:15 on May 19, 2022

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Honestly get the owl to 5 ASAP, you need a ton of honey and there’s no good way to get it.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Kaboobi posted:

Honestly get the owl to 5 ASAP, you need a ton of honey and there’s no good way to get it.

Do levels other than 3 and 6 do anything?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

koshmar posted:

Pets return X items per hour, where X is level.

My first level 6 upgrade was Frog because I needed Gold Leaf for quests, and that was a huge help in letting me finish them without blowing all of my stamina on Forest.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i upgraded all my runestone-bringing pets to 6 so i can make big money from crafting + selling lava & inferno spheres

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Aerox posted:

Pets return X items per hour, where X is level.

My first level 6 upgrade was Frog because I needed Gold Leaf for quests, and that was a huge help in letting me finish them without blowing all of my stamina on Forest.

The caveat to this is that blowing all your stamina on the Forest is great. You get Wood/Straw/Antlers to craft a ton of Fishing Nets, which will be very profitable at the Large Island you have hopefully already unlocked by the time you need Gold Leaves to unlock the Whispering Creek. You can also craft a bunch of Mushroom Paste and Leather that you can also use for your crafting or Trade for a good amount of Orange Juice so you can keep exploring for more Gold Leaves. I’d hold on to your Billion and get Green Dragon to Level 6 as your first Level 6 pet.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

koshmar posted:

You get X items per hour from them depending on their level. The owl the only good source of honey until you hit 99 in everything, and you need like 3000 of it for various later game quests. However, once you hit level 6 on a pet it dilutes the pool a bit more with 3 more items, so you're getting more total items but less honey.

I'd get the owl up to 5 and leave it there until you get like...thousands of honey over time or else you're gonna have a real bad time later in the game. If it's trivial to do, get most of your pets up to 3/4 as soon as possible with the owl at 5.

Some good first pets to 6 are the frog because you need a boatload of gold leaf and feathers in mid to late game quests, the armadillo because small screws have the same problem as honey, or the green dragon if you get that far in levels without a level 6 as they generate millions in craftable inferno orbs per day.

You first 100m/1b/10b should 100% be the storehouse +2 inventory daily upgrade though, that makes the biggest overall long term impact IMO.

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 19, 2022

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'll throw in with this one, I could use a new browser game and it looks fun. I used the referral code in the OP, and I see in-game that I was referred by the other player, but I don't see that it gave me anything? Am I not looking in the right place or do I need to progress for a while before getting anything for it?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Fhqwhgads posted:

I'll throw in with this one, I could use a new browser game and it looks fun. I used the referral code in the OP, and I see in-game that I was referred by the other player, but I don't see that it gave me anything? Am I not looking in the right place or do I need to progress for a while before getting anything for it?

You need to progress to Farming Level 30 before you get the Gift Basket, but that shouldn’t take long at all, based on the Referral messages I received over the event weekend last week, most people were able to hit Level 30 in 3-4 days, though without the event bonus I assume it’ll take closer to a week.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I think I’m getting close to WC in the quest line, but am at a standstill today due to lack of stamina for glass orbs to make steel for scissors. Is there any way to get glass orbs or the precursor components other than exploring?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Koryk posted:

I think I’m getting close to WC in the quest line, but am at a standstill today due to lack of stamina for glass orbs to make steel for scissors. Is there any way to get glass orbs or the precursor components other than exploring?

You can trade for them, but the universal trading currency is Orange Juice. You might be able to parlay spare Mushroom Paste/Leather/Rope/Yarn/Twine to OJ to Glass Orbs though.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I finally got my sawmill but I think I have one more crafting level to go until I can craft the shields. Eh, gonna stock up on boards a bit until then I guess.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

Klungar posted:

You can trade for them, but the universal trading currency is Orange Juice. You might be able to parlay spare Mushroom Paste/Leather/Rope/Yarn/Twine to OJ to Glass Orbs though.

I begged some Shimmer Stone off of someone who was voiding it for GM.

Now I’m 2/64 for Gold Leafs. *sigh* Not as close as I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
So I am in Corn jail meaning I need 600 or so more corn. I finally got the runestone from it too.
And that‘s the problem, the next runestone comes from Hops, apparently.

I am guessing Hops has priority now since the runestones give me access to the next area?