Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

theCalamity posted:

Reggie is only going to play ME1 and not 2 and 3?
Good. We've had enough Kai Leng talk for a lifetime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Reggie is playing ME1 cause Woolie's already played it, so it let's them have a fresh driver. Woolie takes over after because ME2 and ME3 are new to him.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

theCalamity posted:

Reggie is only going to play ME1 and not 2 and 3?

If it's the remastered versions, Reggie is the one who gets to play the best ME game.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Boo on that. Commander Reggie, start to finish. You don't retire that controller until it's done.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
On the other hand: I can't wait for Woolie to have to deal with whatever aftermath Reggie leaves.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Marin Karin posted:

If it's the remastered versions, Reggie is the one who gets to play the best ME game.

No no, Reggie's not playing ME2 or ME3.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, that's what they said

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
woolie wrapped up FF6, and, well, it's a teensy bit anticlimactic because he really just grinded the poo poo out of that game. didn't go full level 99 on everyone or anything, but, like, he got the goddamn paladin shield, and iirc multiple celestriads. literally the only thing he didn't get was deathgaze, and he minmaxed things to their fullest possible levels, the warring triad gets ultima'd to nothing in almost no time at all, and kefka's pillar and the clown god himself also just get nuked until dead. can't say I'm not a bit disappointed, I really enjoyed the fights woolie had against some early and midgame bosses where he really had to think things through rather than faceroll the ultima button, but it was still a fine finale.

I completely forgot that shadow kills himself rather than escape with everyone else in the epilogue too, jesus.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

breaking the game wide open for the endgame is the point of ff6, he wouldnt be getting the true experience if he didnt do it

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Easy games rule, being able to go from getting one-shot by the Earth Dragon to manage to stand on its level with 3 hours of grinding magicite spells onto everyone owns IMO.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's just tiptoeing in the footsteps of giants. By endgame in FF5 you can have characters summoning Bahamut five times in one turn, or throwing out dual-wielding Flare Spellblade Barrages.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How hard are Kefka's god forms in that FFXIV Sigmascape DLC?

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Regular kefka is pretty easy and meant to be doable with a team of 8 random players. God form kefka is intended for a coordinated group of 8 and is far more difficult, meant to be the hardest thing in the patch it was introduced. You can sync down to the correct level/gear to preserve some of that challenge (though there’s been power creep since then).

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Depends if it's normal or savage.

Normal is designed that you can kind of bumble your way through with randos*. Savage was designed to be a challenge for people who knew what they were doing at the time.

Both can be overpowered fairly easily now that it's 2+ expansions old.

* Provided you have knowledge of the game's mechanics and visual language.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Kefka Savage Part 1 was a tricky fight with some very tight positioning while you tried to dos race him.

Part 2 aka Godka was a fight that got easier as you managed to get passed the opening mechanics but forsaken 2 and 3 with trine and the hyperdrive dances was pretty scary at the time. A lot of flash and noise to try and confuse you.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Indecisive posted:

breaking the game wide open for the endgame is the point of ff6, he wouldnt be getting the true experience if he didnt do it
yeah but minmaxing to quick -> quadcast ultima to instagib the final bosses is a bit unfortunate, he's basically like "wow that looks cool, lol anyways bdow bdow bdow" and the music gets to play for like 2 minutes of kefka's fight, it's just kind of a shame imo

I'm not saying it should be impossibly difficult, but more that the ultima automatic win button led to a bit more of a bland playthrough. the stuff like the fight with the wind dragon were cool because he had to think a little instead of faceroll, I guess.

I still greatly enjoyed the LP, just think it got a little blander when he got ultima

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I mean, he played ff6 for like 90 hours. I would be shocked if he didn't accidentally break the game at that point.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Tae posted:

I mean, he played ff6 for like 90 hours.

I was about to write "what the gently caress?" but remembered who this is about :laugh:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
This is the same man that managed to drag out KOTOR 1 to 100 parts with help

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
He's lv 130 in Elden Ring and he hasn't even done Volcano Manor or Leyndell yet

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Perfect Potato posted:

Well he just learned last session that he can do Volcano Manor and still continue the questline as long as he doesn't fight the boss.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Perfect Potato posted:

jesus christ

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

He learned how to play these games Pat so of course he's going to get huge

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Woolie just dropped a surprise podcast with his mom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA2FMPXLHKg&t=6s Haven't listened to it yet but from the first 5 minutes, it's gonna be a good one.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Honestly I really liked ME3 when I got there in a remaster playthrough, after having not played for years. Getting to see random little callbacks and so on from things you did all the way back in 1 felt so neat.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

davidHalestorm posted:

Woolie just dropped a surprise podcast with his mom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA2FMPXLHKg&t=6s Haven't listened to it yet but from the first 5 minutes, it's gonna be a good one.

Hey this reminds me: where is the opening flute music for WWFIO from? It sounds so familiar.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Yardbomb posted:

Honestly I really liked ME3 when I got there in a remaster playthrough, after having not played for years. Getting to see random little callbacks and so on from things you did all the way back in 1 felt so neat.

Yeah watching pat play 3 it was mostly great, but then the ending was of course a catastrophic pants-making GBS threads

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Vandar posted:

Hey this reminds me: where is the opening flute music for WWFIO from? It sounds so familiar.

It's this, as it says in the video description:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT2k0qxI68k

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

davidHalestorm posted:

drat starting off with the I'm Comin' Back story

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

That's Mr I'm Comin Bock

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Perfect Potato posted:

:dogstare:

I was lvl 130 when I beat the game the first time and I explored basically every single thing i saw & prob did 95% of the little cave/catacomb dungeons and goofed off constantly... At this point I wonder if he's going to beat the game before dlc gets announced seeing as how he'll prob still be in Leyndell until Fall :laugh:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Remember when they were playing Bloodborne and it took Woolie 3 parts to hit the start button on the title screen?

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

beep by grandpa posted:

:dogstare:

I was lvl 130 when I beat the game the first time and I explored basically every single thing i saw & prob did 95% of the little cave/catacomb dungeons and goofed off constantly... At this point I wonder if he's going to beat the game before dlc gets announced seeing as how he'll prob still be in Leyndell until Fall :laugh:

the fallen leaves tell a story ... of how a Tarnished became--uh, will become, eventually, probably, at some point, Elden Lord

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
"Leyndell by September" is his rallying cry.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Some realtalk in today's Elden Ring:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpgGJSDUVJg&t=7161s

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

What's this weird fgc nerd hangup woolie has about modifying characters in Multiversus?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Rody One Half posted:

What's this weird fgc nerd hangup woolie has about modifying characters in Multiversus?

The worry that tournaments will be filled with hyper specific modifications of characters that take long times to unlock or real money to purchase.

He wants his characters to just be the character with everything available and balanced around that availability.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
If there's going to be meta-defining modifiers that are locked beind a paywall or X amount of hours (like, it unlocks after a hundred hours or so), then it's a valid concern. If you can unlock them ASAP or with little effort, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Having said that, I haven't watched much Multiversus yet. I know you have to unlock characters, do you have to unlock mods, too?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Shinji2015 posted:

If there's going to be meta-defining modifiers that are locked beind a paywall or X amount of hours (like, it unlocks after a hundred hours or so), then it's a valid concern. If you can unlock them ASAP or with little effort, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Having said that, I haven't watched much Multiversus yet. I know you have to unlock characters, do you have to unlock mods, too?

Yes, via a battle pass style system. Current implication is the battle pass levels will have free rewards and paid rewards, and you can earn free rewards for well free, and then when you purchase it you get all the paid rewards you would have earned to your current level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is that not how most battle passes work? MTG arena does that and it's a great design.