Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Carolina can suck my rear end. Buncha bigots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

teuvo is a nice boy i swear don't let his team association make you think less of him

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

NYR handed them the game on a silver platter. Shameful collapse

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Everyone's going to blame that on the Kakko Miss but the Rangers absolutely refused to finish a bunch before that. Once Carolina woke up only down one you could just feel all that coming.

Oh well game 1. Moving on. I am calm.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lmao Oilers

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
edit: poo poo wrong thread

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Rangers played very well. should have finished a few, and the OT goal sucked, but if we can continue playing like that, I like our chances

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hockey good again?

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
https://twitter.com/worldhockeyrpt/status/1527141220165816320

Tkachuk and Kane were yapping the entire time in the box, Tkachuk gets out and immediately scores, Kylington just turns and smiles at Kane.

https://twitter.com/NHLFlames/status/1527146848879710208

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Matt Zerella posted:

Nice meltdown.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

Rangers played very well. should have finished a few, and the OT goal sucked, but if we can continue playing like that, I like our chances

The Canes skipped most of the first two periods and they probably won't do that again.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

MoaM posted:

We're gonna get swept

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I hope every game of Flames/Oilers is reminiscent of the Pens/Flyers clown show from a decade ago or whenever that was. That was a fun game, especially with the Tkachuk/Kane stuff.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

How the gently caress does a playoff hockey game have 15 loving goals in a single game? I think whole series get decided with less than that!
:catstare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/roberttiffin/status/1526065338860847105?s=21&t=vVghSIufmwhhcu-LJfYv2g

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

Cartoon Man posted:

How the gently caress does a playoff hockey game have 15 loving goals in a single game? I think whole series get decided with less than that!

The Flames scored 8 goals on 47 shots on Smith/Koskinen in 1 game.
The Flames scored 8 goals on 180 shots vs Oettinger in 5 games.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Calgary please keep this up that ruled

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I have deemed the Battle of Alberta sufficiently wacky. Well done, continue apace.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
just woke up from a fever dream where Mike Smith let in two goals on two shots in the playoffs and then Brett Ritchie scored

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

TeamJesus posted:

https://twitter.com/worldhockeyrpt/status/1527141220165816320

Tkachuk and Kane were yapping the entire time in the box, Tkachuk gets out and immediately scores, Kylington just turns and smiles at Kane.

https://twitter.com/NHLFlames/status/1527146848879710208

this is the kind of quality content that can revive fun in the NHL

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tkachuk was the one who was supposed to stay in the box.

The refs and timekeepers huddled up before the puck drop to make sure they let the wrong guy out.

NHL reffing, baby.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol why is this not in gif form. It could be the hockey equivalent of yankeesfans.gif

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Aphrodite posted:

Tkachuk was the one who was supposed to stay in the box.

The refs and timekeepers huddled up before the puck drop to make sure they let the wrong guy out.

NHL reffing, baby.

The rule is when there’s more than one penalty at the same time the team is allowed to choose who goes out first and Calgary chose Tkachuk. There’s nothing wrong on the play.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I love watching the highlights for a game and it's literally only goals.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

mennoknight posted:

just woke up from a fever dream where Mike Smith let in two goals on two shots in the playoffs and then Brett Ritchie scored

Menno, you need to finally admit to yourself that Matthew Tkachuk owns, such a great pest that his own father hates him

https://twitter.com/seangentille/status/1527146051408257024?s=21&t=c9W07HvUCfeLleXHLxcIcQ

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
The man made $80 million... But that's his favorite hat.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
why is Tkachuk wearing a UVA jacket

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Jamwad Hilder posted:

why is Tkachuk wearing a UVA jacket

https://virginiasports.com/player/taryn-tkachuk/

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

This is just Matthew Tkachuk with long hair shopped in, nice try

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Please stop making the Tkachuks so darn likeable.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Dear Mr. Gallant,

Please continue to go superturtle whenever you have a one goal third period lead. Thanks!

Sincerely,
The Carolina Hurricanes

Cartoon Man posted:

In the Flames' 2004 second round victory over the Red Wings, there were 22 goals scored. In the six game series.

And yeah there have been some short series with fewer than 15 total goals I'm sure. Only 10 goals total were scored the Mighty Ducks' 2003 WCF sweep of the Wild (9 of them by the Mighty Ducks) which I believe is the lowest since the advent of curved sticks.

e: 13 goals total in the Senators' 4-1 first round win over the Flyers in 2002.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 19, 2022

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

People in this thread rooting for known racist and terrible poster Tony D. Shameful

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Glambags posted:

People in this thread rooting for known racist and terrible poster Tony D. Shameful

*former New York Ranger and current Ranger fan Tony D, and also living evidence that Rangers fans have bad opinions, like that Ray Ferraro isn't the best that hockey colour commentary can offer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eh... You're all bad people. Everyone's bad.

Except me.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

ThinkTank posted:

Please stop making the Tkachuks so darn likeable.

They housed Robert Thomas for at least his rookie season.

https://theathletic.com/974094/2019/05/14/at-the-tkachuk-house-it-all-revolves-around-blues-rookie-robert-thomas/

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

eXXon posted:

*former New York Ranger and current Ranger fan Tony D, and also living evidence that Rangers fans have bad opinions, like that Ray Ferraro isn't the best that hockey colour commentary can offer.

Wonder why he doesn’t play for the Rangers anymore....

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

The Dirty Burger posted:

Menno, you need to finally admit to yourself that Matthew Tkachuk owns, such a great pest that his own father hates him

https://twitter.com/seangentille/status/1527146051408257024?s=21&t=c9W07HvUCfeLleXHLxcIcQ

he still took an absolute moron penalty when the game was within reach. I truly hope he wins a cup this year with the team then bounces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Aphrodite posted:

Eh... You're all bad people. Everyone's bad.

Except me.

You're right, you're terrible