Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's Howard. He and Jimmy eventually made up when the dust settled, and he's been there for him ever since, well, what happened to Kim. They're fast friends throughout Breaking Bad, it just never comes up because it's not relevant to any storylines there.

comedy option: Lalo, somehow

“Here’s a thought, Jimmy. What if we sent him to Belize?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

christmas boots posted:

I’m pretty sure that was in a flashforward during BCS and not in BB itself

Correct.

BCS 405, I believe.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's Howard. He and Jimmy eventually made up when the dust settled, and he's been there for him ever since, well, what happened to Kim.

They surprised her with a proper wedding ceremony? Howard as Best Man and Francesca as Maid of Honor? Well that's just lovely :shobon:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's Howard. He and Jimmy eventually made up when the dust settled, and he's been there for him ever since, well, what happened to Kim. They're fast friends throughout Breaking Bad, it just never comes up because it's not relevant to any storylines there.

This would be cool except Howard is going to die

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

hopefully as Howard is dying, he is able to kill Kim in revenge. i will be taking no calls, Namaste

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I feel like Howard dying would be very out of tone for the rest of his role in the series. Better Call Saul is supposed to be less dark than Breaking Bad, it doesn't really work if just as many of the main characters end up dead.

Mister Speaker posted:

"I was once at a billionaire's yacht party in international waters, where we got to watch an A-list Hollywood actor eat his own wife. There's nothing you can't buy with money."

What's this a quote from?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I mean, Chuck's death was also kind of out of tone with his role if you want to say that. And all the B&W flash-foward Gene time has been quite dark; not as outwardly violent as the Gus story arc but you can feel something seething there behind his sad new life. Jimmy doesn't want to kill anybody to protect himself yet, but maybe that's what goes south with their plans against Howard and he realizes him as a villain is a foregone conclusion.

Chamale posted:

What's this a quote from?

Not sure originally, but I'm pretty sure I found it on SA somewhere.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Last Chance posted:

This would be cool except Howard is going to die

Die on the dancefloor when he can't keep up with Jimmy and Kimmy's fresh moves at their wedding reception?

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
chuck doing disco inferno at karaoke

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

FPyat posted:

Is it legal for a private investigator to follow someone's every move? Take photos without knowledge, too?

This video goes over this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF7m95e7V6Q

tldr: Police would likely be justified preforming an investigatory detention, but no arrest or conviction would happen if someone was just doing regular PI stuff.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Jimmy: "Hey Howard, now that you got all this free time on your hands, why don't you go to Belize?"

Howard: "You know what Jimmy, I think I will"

*flash fwd*

John Mcafee shoots Howard in the head while he's sunbathing as Mike watches from binoculars

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
They're going to drug Howard and he'll get all amped up on the caffeine and start to run out of court, but trip on the rug and slide several feet and hit his head on the judge's judge chair and it'll be really vague and uncertain whether he lived or not for a while, no one could account for an act of god after all.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I didn't even catch that Walt was writing "52" in bacon in the flash forward until I saw someone else mention the timeline. I thought he was arranging it in the shape of a mushroom cloud to indicate that he had a lot of violence on his mind. Is it the same scene we first see the trunk gun?

It's fun because when he was first diagnosed with cancer the doctor said maybe two years at the absolute most, if he was lucky.

Anyway, has anyone else noticed that Mc Donalds doesn't exist in this weird hosed up alternate universe?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The call Francesca is waiting for is with Billy. Saul has been sending everyone to Billy's to stash them away. I'm guessing it's so Billy can know if people can come back into society.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Flash forward to 2009. Jimmy and Kim are discussing his new client, this aggressive new drug producer who's making Jimmy really nervous but Kim insists he takes as both of their practices have been floundering since D-Day. One day she gets a call from a new potential client who's claiming to be unfairly prosecuted (though it sounds like persecuted), he asks her to come to his house as he's immobile.

As Kim enters, she's immediately appalled at the condition and squalor this person is in. She senses something is wrong and turns to leave when suddenly a man appears. He's almost familiar but his face is haggard and skeletal, his voice scratchy--however there's an unmistakable quality. It's Howard Hamlin, eyes as dilated as they were on that day. In his hands are a pipe and a gun. Ever since things fell apart he decided since everyone thought he was a drug user, why not just do it anyway. It's made the days go by easier, especially since he found that beautiful blue stuff.

Kim, scared for her life begs Howard not to hurt her. He promises he won't lay a finger on her. His friend Tucker, however, will kill to get his hands on more of the blue crystals.

iamsosmrt fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 19, 2022

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Nuebot posted:

They're going to drug Howard and he'll get all amped up on the caffeine and start to run out of court, but trip on the rug and slide several feet and hit his head on the judge's judge chair and it'll be really vague and uncertain whether he lived or not for a while, no one could account for an act of god after all.

It's fun because when he was first diagnosed with cancer the doctor said maybe two years at the absolute most, if he was lucky.

Anyway, has anyone else noticed that Mc Donalds doesn't exist in this weird hosed up alternate universe?

the only brand that exists is mercedes and jaguar

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

From the production history on Wikipedia I don't think there are any hints dropped in BB. It says they were thinking about a Saul spinoff while making BB, but it was still an idea of it being a half hour comedy. Also Kim was not planned to be a major character but she was so good in season 1 they revised their ideas, like what they did with Jesse.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nuebot posted:

Didn't Mike mention that the guy he put in at Los Pollos had worked at McDonalds? And Gus just winces and says,"He's not up to Los Pollos Hermanos standards...."

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

*flash fwd to Gene days, we see Kim with snow behind her cut back and forth with Gene. It's a fakeout. He is in Nebraska. She's in Alaska*

Kim: *knocks on cabin*

Jesse: *opens door* "sup"

Kim: *holds up Myspace printout* "you still into MILFs?"

Jesse stairs at camera with poo poo eating grin

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Grand Fromage posted:

From the production history on Wikipedia I don't think there are any hints dropped in BB. It says they were thinking about a Saul spinoff while making BB, but it was still an idea of it being a half hour comedy. Also Kim was not planned to be a major character but she was so good in season 1 they revised their ideas, like what they did with Jesse.

The idea that she wasn't meant to be a major character from her first scene is crazy to me

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

she was probably to be one of his ex wives the same way the woman he tricks into thinking he's Kevin Costner wasn't meant to be in season 5

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

christmas boots posted:

The idea that she wasn't meant to be a major character from her first scene is crazy to me

Yeah it's hard to imagine. There's a bunch in here: https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-features/better-call-saul-rhea-seehorn-interview-971200/

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Vince has got an eye for talent that's for sure. Not a lot of directors would have the confidence in themselves and their actors to scrap all their old plans and rewrite the whole story with an unknown as the heart of the story, and that he's managed it twice is incredible. Hell even managing to make two shows of this caliber is unheard of, Chase didn't have another Sopranos, Romanoff's didn't come in the same zip code as Mad Men, and Milch only had one Deadwood in him. Gilligan managing to surpass his own prestige series with a direct prequel is insane.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Gaius Marius posted:

Vince has got an eye for talent that's for sure. Not a lot of directors would have the confidence in themselves and their actors to scrap all their old plans and rewrite the whole story with an unknown as the heart of the story, and that he's managed it twice is incredible. Hell even managing to make two shows of this caliber is unheard of, Chase didn't have another Sopranos, Romanoff's didn't come in the same zip code as Mad Men, and Milch only had one Deadwood in him. Gilligan managing to surpass his own prestige series with a direct prequel is insane.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Seriously, BCS going from a show I expected to watch and enjoy as a kind of light affair that might make it 2 seasons if lucky to a show I'm now fairly certain has exceeded the quality of Breaking Bad is insane.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Jesse getting a bigger role is cool but he never became a top 2 character at any given time like Kim

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

BCS is still supplemental to me, but I guess a lot of people really wanted a lady character in universe who wasn't hated so much their actress was roasted constantly too

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Helps that Kim is the complete opposite of Skyler.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Kim in this season is basically Lady Macbeth.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Skyler is a great character if you're not a chud

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

She's good at best. She serves more as a plot facilitator than an actual character. Kim is a great character

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
The role of Skyler is a bit underwritten, especially in the early seasons, but Anna Gunn knocks it out of the park and the crew does eventually step it up in writing her character. She is so drat good in seasons 4 and 5.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

yeah gunn was phenomenal

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

you know who i feel bad for in breaking bad? walt's unseen mother. not only did he never tell her about his cancer, poor lady has to find out on the news he's a drat drug lord. smh.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They seem to have had a very contentious relationship given how Skyler talks about her with Walt

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

They seem to have had a very contentious relationship given how Skyler talks about her with Walt

true. walt has a contentious relationship with everyone. a real piece of work

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I think maybe I'm dumber than I thought, or else just so overwhelmed by life here lately I can't pay attention to anything the way I need to be able to to follow them.

Probably the latter

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 19, 2022

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

true. walt has a contentious relationship with everyone. a real piece of work
He seems to have a great relationship with his son until hell breaks loose. That might've been the one decent relationship in his life, pre-Heisenberg.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Civilized Fishbot posted:

He seems to have a great relationship with his son until hell breaks loose. That might've been the one decent relationship in his life, pre-Heisenberg.

He probably only felt he had to be nice because of his son's Cerebral Palsy. Unfortunately, not even ironic, if his son was a normal, healthy and popular teen, Walt would probably have resented the heck out of him.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I loved that scene where Flynn just let loose on Walter down the phone about killing his uncle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Skyler was fine until she bought Walt Jr a PT Cruiser. Unforgivable