Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

wolfs posted:

Netflix added a show today called Vampire in the Garden and it seems to be about the anime USSR fighting vampires, but also, banning all music and “culture” because vampires might hear it…?

also they live in a frostpunk setting

and like

yeah vampires are a metaphor for the nobility and landed gentry

but then it turns out the vampires are like the czars????

So is it any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

the first episode is interesting and the studio is production i.g.

so
I’m going to guess it will have Ideas at least

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wolfs posted:

Netflix added a show today called Vampire in the Garden and it seems to be about the anime USSR fighting vampires, but also, banning all music and “culture” because vampires might hear it…?

*in zentradi voice* this whole thing reeks of culture

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Stairmaster posted:

none of you are free from Minmay!!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
ASK: me about the time i almost ruined Halloween 2018 because the party we went to was right across the street from the headquarters of Harmony Gold

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

I'm good.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Stairmaster posted:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
why would it ruin halloween if you used the restroom?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
mods

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

wolfs posted:

the first episode is interesting and the studio is production i.g.

i remember when this was a mark of quality

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

thotsky posted:

i remember when this was a mark of quality

I mean, it still generally means that you'll be getting a pretty-looking show that's unlikely to melt and catch fire halfway through. Studios have never been a reliable guide to writing quality.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
https://twitter.com/everythingjjba_/status/1526910029533794305?s=21&t=GHRqsijSy_YOEb8TvVf8Kw

jojo fans hate woman

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, it still generally means that you'll be getting a pretty-looking show that's unlikely to melt and catch fire halfway through.

That's not been true since they pivoted from delivering nice shows with bits of revolutionary CG to a studio that provides CG as a cost-saving measure.

thotsky has issued a correction as of 08:01 on May 19, 2022

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

god loving damnit netflix blows. cant believe they ruined the rollout of one of my favorite shows.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
batch release of shows is the worst poo poo yeah

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jojo just isn't that great

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I don't disagree with the broader point the tweet is making but it's very normal for later trailers to have a huge dropoff in viewcount.

I looked up the view counts for the new dr strange and the first trailer had 55 million views and the final trailer had like 5 million views. Finally, the MCU is doomed.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://youtu.be/AcfZvM44Tio

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Communist Thoughts posted:

shut your drat mouth

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

should have taken advantage of the fact that this is computer animated and made lums hair iridescent

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
jojo fans hate batch releases

reject batch and retvrn to weekly

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

lol huh

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

if this is what it means to be communist then

count

me

out

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

why did netflix do a weekly release of Komi can’t communicate but not jojo, it makes no sense
shounen is such a bad genre for batch releases

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Augus posted:

why did netflix do a weekly release of Komi can’t communicate but not jojo, it makes no sense

maybe it's a matter of how much leverage the other production partners have and how much they use it on getting weekly releases.

godzilla SP was weekly released in japan onlu, and then when it was finished, batch released in the us (and maybe other territories, idk). THAT has to be the worst splitting of the baby i've seen so far

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

christmas boots posted:

if this is what it means to be communist then

count

me

out

he's a British communist which means he's depressed to the point of uselessness, please do not hate him he's had a rough decade

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Augus posted:

every genre is a bad genre for batch release. ya boy kongming is the first show i've watched live and it comes out every thursday, and it's a lot of fun as a ~*community*~ to watch the eps as they come out at roughly the same time, and discuss/bullshit/speculate for an entire week while you wait for the next one. i haven't been able to keep up with the stone ocean anime thread due to the batch release. i like to watch one or two eps at a time, and it's robbed me of my anime fellowship!

also watch ya boy kongming if you haven't started already. chinese sherlock holmes getting isekaied to manage some bartender's singing career is a very funny gag, and you don't even need to know poo poo about ancient chinese history!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i dont want another fuckin trailer, i just want new episodes to watch. gently caress

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

TenementFunster posted:

every genre is a bad genre for batch release. ya boy kongming is the first show i've watched live and it comes out every thursday, and it's a lot of fun as a ~*community*~ to watch the eps as they come out at roughly the same time, and discuss/bullshit/speculate for an entire week while you wait for the next one. i haven't been able to keep up with the stone ocean anime thread due to the batch release. i like to watch one or two eps at a time, and it's robbed me of my anime fellowship!

also watch ya boy kongming if you haven't started already. chinese sherlock holmes getting isekaied to manage some bartender's singing career is a very funny gag, and you don't even need to know poo poo about ancient chinese history!

I save the episode to watch on Friday after work every week because it's a great way to start the weekend.

I did the same with Godzilla SP and that also ruled.

In short:

TenementFunster posted:

reject batch and retvrn to weekly

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
No. Embrace postmodern batch release neomarxism

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

if they batch release steel ball run I’m gonna loving snap

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Augus posted:

don’t worry Netflix won’t exist anymore by that time.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

galagazombie posted:

don’t worry Netflix won’t exist anymore by that time.

Think Disney will buy Netflix abd use it to dump all the Fox movies they're doing nothing with and aren't streaming anywhere?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

tokin opposition posted:

No. Embrace postmodern batch release neomarxism

The only batch release I’m interested in is fully automated luxury gay space communism

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Even right now, google says that they have about equal market capitalization at $186B. Also, it would likely spark an antitrust backlash.

Much easier to just lease the licenses to the highest bidder such as hulu, amazon, and (of course) Netflix.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

sb hermit posted:

Also, it would likely spark an antitrust backlash.
lol the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals just gutted the little SEC enforcement that used to exist.

antitrust actions are dead.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

TenementFunster posted:

lol the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals just gutted the little SEC enforcement that used to exist.

antitrust actions are dead.

:tif:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

net work error posted:

I save the episode to watch on Friday after work every week because it's a great way to start the weekend.
i'm watching it rn because it rules and i love this stupid show.

there's even a cameo by Shibuya's Goodest Boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Augus posted:

Now now, they could just stop at Stone Ocean since it works as a finale to everything so far.