Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There should be more Zelda 2 clones

i agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Just play Battle for Olympus

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i just played simon's quest for the first time ever like a week ago and had a great time with it. it's bizarre but really only a couple things really felt unfair (the ferryman mostly) otherwise you can just figure poo poo out by exploring

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Simon's Quest has NPCs that lie to you and I think that's cool.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

An Actual Princess posted:

i just played simon's quest for the first time ever like a week ago and had a great time with it. it's bizarre but really only a couple things really felt unfair (the ferryman mostly) otherwise you can just figure poo poo out by exploring

the biggest problem with simon's quest is the long pause every time it transitions from day to night and there's a romhack that fixes that

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

An Actual Princess posted:

It's bad because it's boring.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

American McGay posted:

It's bad because it's boring.

sounds like a classic case of mad cuz bad ...?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

*12 year-old me reading that and wondering what a graveyard duck looks like*

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the worst castlevania is castlevania: the adventure on the gameboy imo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the worst castlevania is castlevania: the adventure on the gameboy imo
It has good music so it's better than 2 by default.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There should be more Zelda 2 clones

I actually just beat Elliot Quest which is a straight up Zelda 2 clone. It's okay, falls into the same issues with Zelda 2 where there's very little guidance as to what you're supposed to do next so it can get frustrating just wandering around. It's normally really cheap on the eshop, I think I got it for $3 and put about 15 hours into it.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Andrast posted:

Ecclesia is better

Shanoa can get Geese Howard powers, so it’s definitely objectively the best IGAvania

The others are still good too

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Nintendo for TV game!™️

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

everyone itt right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsZTolLYjbc

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Still can't believe they let Angelica's mom and her assistant into a Castlevania game.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

American McGay posted:

It has good music so it's better than 2 by default.

2 had fantastic music.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
every castlevania has good music

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So I bought this forgetting that the OLED is slightly larger and it's just not gonna work.

Anyone know of basically the exact same thing but for OLED?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083QGSTTM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_6ZX5Y8EFJ1YJFCMMXR87?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It'd be nice to have swappable grips, dock, use the kickstand and slide out the joycons. Though that last one is not required at all.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

So I bought this forgetting that the OLED is slightly larger and it's just not gonna work.

Anyone know of basically the exact same thing but for OLED?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083QGSTTM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_6ZX5Y8EFJ1YJFCMMXR87?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It'd be nice to have swappable grips, dock, use the kickstand and slide out the joycons. Though that last one is not required at all.

https://www.amazon.com/Skull-Co-GripCase-OLED-Transparent/dp/B09P9SG1TG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Skull%2B%26%2BCo.&qid=1652913592&sr=8-1&th=1 or https://www.amazon.com/Skull-Co-Neo...633&sr=8-5&th=1 ?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yep, they got you covered with an OLED version. I have the second one myself and it's nice and sturdy, and grips from all gens work on them.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh drat, I must've glossed over those because I was so focused on colors, thanks!

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

mdemone posted:

Does MLB The Show look lovely enough on Switch to make me regret an impulse purchase?

get Super Mega Baseball 3 it owns

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Just wanted to say I've neglected much of my Switch library due to being mildly hooked onto Wrestling Empire. It's a good game, drat it.

That is all

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I bought blue fire on sale as it looked like an interesting hollow knight x a hat in time mix, but it's not drawing me in yet and is just making me want to replay hollow knight again

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

mdemone posted:

Does MLB The Show look lovely enough on Switch to make me regret an impulse purchase?

I also would like to know the answer to this. :unsmith:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

The Kins posted:

The Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund has acquired a 5.01% stake in Nintendo, becoming the fifth largest shareholder.

The fund has previously acquired 5% of Nexon and Capcom respectively, and a subsidiary of MiSK, a non-profit established by Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman, has previously acquired somewhere in the realm of 96% of SNK.

Take this as you will.

I'm ready to dismiss this as par for the course - Nintendo has made it perfectly clear it'll just buy itself out if a stockholder asks too many questions of the 'Mario Jump Higher Microtransaction' variety.
I'm also ready for this to all go to straight to Hell in the most spectacular Naked Gun Fireworks and Disperse fashion possible.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 12:08 on May 19, 2022

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I hope that they make a Castlevania DS collection just so I can annoy the poo poo out of my wife with this.

That game is really weird but I recall enjoying it a lot. I don’t recall loving Dawn of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia was cool and surprisingly challenging but ultimately I found it forgettable.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

beer gas canister posted:

get Super Mega Baseball 3 it owns

I did already! My son loves it but it's not scratching the itch for me.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I hope that they make a Castlevania DS collection just so I can annoy the poo poo out of my wife with this.

They have to, right?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mdemone posted:

I did already! My son loves it but it's not scratching the itch for me.

Sounds like you haven't made a fully custom team yet, then.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

djfooboo posted:

They have to, right?
No.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wait a minute. I think I have SMB2.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Winning a championship with your custom team :discourse:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Obligatory Phoenotopia: Awakening recommendation. https://youtu.be/I7qY3fntoLg

The name is dumb though and I can never remember it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

djfooboo posted:

They have to, right?

I’m not sure how they would handle the awful, pointless drawing seals to defeat bosses mechanic on a modern system.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I’m not sure how they would handle the awful, pointless drawing seals to defeat bosses mechanic on a modern system.

Modders did it fine :shrug:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

i mean it's a completely pointless mechanic just for the sake of having touch-screen integration (wow!) you can literally just remove it

i was never super bothered by it but it's not like it adds anything to do the game by being there

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

djfooboo posted:

Modders did it fine :shrug:

Yeah but this is Konami we're talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

djfooboo posted: