Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

so it’s an anime, got it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Drive to Survive is made for children

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

boop the snoot posted:

Drive to Survive is made for children

big in america

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

so it’s an anime, got it

Heh, apparently when Prime first put out the MotoGP show it was dubbed. So yeah.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1527233862686113792?s=20&t=vsrI03D1d4GAzrfky0ypoA

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
monkeypox sounds way more fun than coronavirus let's be honest

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Who is gonna be the first dipshit f1 driver to get monkeypox and why do you think it will be Ricciardo?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

smackfu posted:

Yeah, in the MotoGP show, there are subtitles 90% of the time. Doesn’t matter for the races but I think it makes the show less approachable than Drive to Survive.

Are you a boomer or something lmao

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

it’ll be mick schumacher, another way he fails to measure up to his father who never had monkeypox

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Motorsport TV rights are just bewildering. I have Prime and I cannot watch an Amazon produced show because that Rupert Murdoch fucker owns the MotoGP rights in Australia.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

:lol: Aston Martin brought a carbon copy of the RB18 to Spain.

tuo fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 19, 2022

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

tuo posted:

lmfao I wonder if this is lawrence's doing

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Horner typing the "THEY DID IT AGAIN!!!" letter to the FIA right now.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Well that's one way to at least make the drama of the weekend more fun since the race itself might not be

ja_raul
May 1, 2005
Would Checo be at RB if it wasn't for the pink Mercedes? I think not

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Just in time for Big Seb to podium in it

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

tuo posted:

:lmao:

The loving madlads did it again!

I love this dumb sport so much.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If Checo is a plant by Aston Martin to sabotage and/or steal from RB then he will be the WDC of my heart forever.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

At least Aston is keeping things fun

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MustardFacial posted:

:lmao:

The loving madlads did it again!

I love this dumb sport so much.

how the hell does he keep getting away with this

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Kirios posted:

how the hell does he keep getting away with this

I really would like to know their justification for how this car is legal given that there are now rules in place banning this exact fiasco from happening again.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The rules were about using other people's designs I think, nothing said you can't take loads of photos of another teams car and wholesale copy it, as long as you do the CAD drawings yourself and stick to the cost cap, CFD limits, wind tunnel time etc.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MustardFacial posted:

I really would like to know their justification for how this car is legal given that there are now rules in place banning this exact fiasco from happening again.

a rare good article from The Race posted:

The rules accept the principle that it is “permissible to be influenced by the design or concept of a competitor’s LTC using information that must potentially be available to all competitors”, but there are limits to this.

The regulations state that such information can only be obtained at events or tests, with “reverse engineering” also outlawed.

Reverse engineering is defined as four processes, which are listed in Article 22.3.3:

a) The use of photographs or images, combined with software that converts them to point clouds, curves, surfaces, or allows CAD geometry to be overlaid onto or extracted from the photograph or image

b) The use of stereophotogrammetry, 3D cameras or any 3D stereoscopic techniques

c) Any form of contact or non-contact surface scanning

d) Any technique that projects points or curves on a surface so as to facilitate the reverse-engineering process

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
i cant wait until papa stroll makes another team principal post a video where it looks like there's a gun to their head just off screen

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Mike Krack

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONZVF_jBMhA

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Grimson posted:

Mike Krack

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

your friend wicka posted:

The use of photographs or images, combined with software that converts them

That’s a very permissive definition, I think, if you’re allowed to look at a picture, draw it, test it a little and then end up with roughly the same thing using a bunch of dudes from fiverr instead of software. Like, there’s nothing saying you can’t take a high quality picture from front, sides and rear and then print it out full size and use that and some rulers to make your model, right?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

builds character posted:

That’s a very permissive definition, I think, if you’re allowed to look at a picture, draw it, test it a little and then end up with roughly the same thing using a bunch of dudes from fiverr instead of software. Like, there’s nothing saying you can’t take a high quality picture from front, sides and rear and then print it out full size and use that and some rulers to make your model, right?

Right. I assume the idea is so you have to put in some actual work if you want to wholesale copy a car, rather than just feeding some photos to a computer and beep boop beep bop you've made a worse Mercedes.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Who's ready for some racing?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ja_raul posted:

Would Checo be at RB if it wasn't for the pink Mercedes? I think not

Bwoah, Checo is the MVP once again.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Nick Soapdish posted:

Who's ready for some racing?

Grimson posted:

Mike Krack

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
LMBO Is this how Laurence made his fortune? By plagiarizing other peoples work?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

LMBO Is this how Laurence made his fortune? By plagiarizing other peoples work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyg_v7Vxo4A

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

gently caress yeah Aston Martin!

They did say they had "built" a second car :xd:

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

RACE DAY

:lando:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

refleks posted:

PRACTICE DAY

:lando:

:gunther:

and lol it's one thing using a similar design as Red Bull, I have a hard time believing they'll unlock all the potential the same way though. we'll see, I guess.

Practice 1 in like 30 minutes from now, wonder how many aero rakes Mercedes will be using.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

actually its :foksmash:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

is phwoarge russell going fastest in FP1 with the merc upgrades?