Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

falz posted:

Ok so finishing up long overdue bathroom Reno. I bought 8ft tall shower curtains and we'll they sure are. They're too long and the rod is all the way up.

Anyone know any fixes? Like special rings that are shorter? These weren't super expensive so not upset if I have to buy something new, but definitely want something ceiling ish.

I also bought a permanent shower rod instead of twisty but not going to install it untill this is figured out.

Seems like you can either hem it up by sewing or some of the adhesive alternatives or see if you can get shorter rings, but it doesn't feel like there's going to be quite enough rise to handle that since most of them hang the curtain from the bottom. When you get the shower curtain liner they're usually plastic and easier to trim if you need to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I can't help with your curtain question, but what showerhead is that? My wife and I are very different heights and that looks like an awesome way to make us both happy!

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

falz posted:

Ok so finishing up long overdue bathroom Reno. I bought 8ft tall shower curtains and we'll they sure are. They're too long and the rod is all the way up.

Anyone know any fixes? Like special rings that are shorter? These weren't super expensive so not upset if I have to buy something new, but definitely want something ceiling ish.

I also bought a permanent shower rod instead of twisty but not going to install it untill this is figured out.

I feel like you probably want a gap between the ceiling and shower curtain anyway to let some of the steamy air out while you're in there (and let some light in?).

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

Rexxed posted:

Seems like you can either hem it up by sewing or some of the adhesive alternatives or see if you can get shorter rings, but it doesn't feel like there's going to be quite enough rise to handle that since most of them hang the curtain from the bottom. When you get the shower curtain liner they're usually plastic and easier to trim if you need to.

This is the liner and the curtain, they're both plasticey, and the liner has weights on the bottom.

I guess I could try some tape or trim or something, when these said 8' I assumed they meant for 8' ceilings and would be like 4" shorter or something.

Harriet Carker posted:

I can't help with your curtain question, but what showerhead is that? My wife and I are very different heights and that looks like an awesome way to make us both happy!

Yes! Idk what they're called but I consider it a euro shower. There's two water feeds at the valve thing. One knob for temperature and another to switch from one head to another. The lower head is obviously useable to move around, and it can slide up and down on the rod.

I haven't used it yet but can't wait.

There's a lot of varieties of these that are similar, this is the one I got.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074JTRPRR/

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

skipdogg posted:

When I built my current house I purposely avoided any of the elevations that included EIFS. I went all brick veneer and hardie.

My homeowners insurance is up for renewal in 2 months, and drat rates have gone up a ton. One company wants to insure my house for 630K... a house I bought brand new for 353K 4 years ago. The land is supposedly worth 60K, so I don't get how I need 630K of dwelling coverage. This coverage amount also messes with deductibles. A 2% deductible for wind/hail is pointless, I can pay out of pocket to have a new roof put on for less than 12K

The valuation is based on what it would cost to completely rebuild the house as it sits today. It does not include the cost of land (land is not covered).

Like retailers everywhere, insurers are increasing their rates in any way that they can to try & protect their profit margin; heavy weather claim volumes are off the charts, and the stock market (the other source of income for insurance companies) has been moribund for at least the past year.

So they have been quite diligent about up-pricing for what it costs today to build a house, as well as adding mandatory wind/hurricane deductibles in an effort to mitigate their risk exposure.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

falz posted:

So i think my fix is to NOT buy a 96" curtain. next step down seems to be 84" sooo i guess ill do that. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W52BQGR.

I double checked with the person who gave me the 96" aka 8' idea and... well she has 9' ceilings. :ms:

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

skipdogg posted:

I"ll preface this with a disclaimer, this is what I personally understand from internet research right now. I'm not an expert nor have I ever owned one:

The Samsung fridges mechanically are actually fine. They have 2 major design flaws that cause almost all of the complaints that I've seen.

1) The icemaker in the refrigerator section has issues. It can leak, or basically freeze up into a solid block of ice and causes issues that way. There are a ton of youtube videos on how to fix this.

2) The refrigerator evap coil drain system does not drain properly, resulting in the refrigerator evap coil icing up into a block of ice and the top refrigerator section of the french door models does not cool properly. There is a well documented fix for this as well. The drain tube gets clogged, or doesn't allow the water to drain away during the defrost cycle, and things freeze up, or you end up with a bucket of water at the bottom of the fridge.

I'm personally not aware of any sort of catastrophic issues with the refrigeration components in Samsung refrigerators. LG had some major compressor issues for a while.

I would be comfortable with a non-smart Samsung fridge if I got it really cheap or it was already at the place I was living, but I'm also comfortable enough fixing appliances to fix the evap drain or the ice machine issue on them.

The problem being, with the exception of the evaporator coil fix, the fixes that can be done by a regular Joe/Jane Consumer don’t typically last long. We’ve had the ice maker fixed twice, and I’ve fixed it twice myself. Eventually it just goes back to doing its thing no matter what you do. I am saying this as a Samsung French door refrigerator owner since 2014–the refrigerator itself is actually nice, and ours is large and deep with tons of space—but the ice maker can go straight to hell, though it’d probably still manage to freeze up even in hell.

I did the evap coil on mine and have had zero issues with that since then. There is also a modified hose tube you can order from Samsung and install, which is supposed to eliminate the issue. Just about anyone can handle this task, appliance repair tech or not. They just need to be prepared to put all their food and drinks in another fridge, and to use the opportunity to go ahead and wash and dry all the shelves too.

Don’t even get me started on the water filters, though. gently caress those things.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

PainterofCrap posted:

The valuation is based on what it would cost to completely rebuild the house as it sits today. It does not include the cost of land (land is not covered).

Like retailers everywhere, insurers are increasing their rates in any way that they can to try & protect their profit margin; heavy weather claim volumes are off the charts, and the stock market (the other source of income for insurance companies) has been moribund for at least the past year.

So they have been quite diligent about up-pricing for what it costs today to build a house, as well as adding mandatory wind/hurricane deductibles in an effort to mitigate their risk exposure.

So the thing that's killing me is that there's some shadow database out there insurers use that estimates the value to rebuild the house, and in my opinion it's insanely inaccurate for me. From one HO quote
Minimum Estimated Rebuild Cost - Dwelling Amount: $633,000.00

The lot next to me is being built with an almost exact sq ft house for about 500K. So assuming my builder is making 20% on the house, minus the value of the land it would probably take 350K at most to rebuild the house even with today's material costs. I paid 350K 4 years ago, so it probably cost the builder like 220 to 250 to build my house.

I feel like I'm being forced to pay for almost double the coverage I actually need, which then affects everything downstream as you know. If I choose a 2% wind/hail deductible, my homeowners insurance is worthless for a roof claim as that would be a 12.6K deductible. I'm paying for 315K of personal property, so on and so forth.

I mean I get it. I work for a large insurance/financial services company (top 5 homeowners in the country) and our rates are going up as our costs are exploding. Internal costs, the cost to repair vehicles and homes has exploded, everything is going nuts, but being forced to over insure raising my costs is the sticking point for me.

State Farm has me at a more reasonable 438K dwelling rebuild cost, and they have a pretty aggressive quote, but I've heard their new coverage form is trash compared to a standard HO3 form. I know you're in the industry.. any thoughts on that?

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Is this a development where one or a few builders are building all of the houses? They might have an economies of scale advantage that an individual project wouldn't.

Our house that we paid $220k for is insured for the replacement cost, which is ~$800k (or was - wouldn't be surprised if it would cost over a million to replicate this house today with the supply issues and labor costs) :shrug:

Turns out that building a Victorian from the ground up is way more expensive than just buying an existing one and fixing it. Gotta have that stone facade and fancy millwork and poo poo, though.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I don't appreciate how any shower curtain is going to be able to effectively keep water in that shower. I think that's designed for a sliding glass door, it looks just like one of my bathrooms, comes up only an inch or so because it's expected to have a glass door there.

So with that in mind is it aesthetics you're chasing? Maybe you could hem the curtain up?

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Anyone have any LiFe HaCkS to clean the window to the left of this screen door, or to remove the screen door? Window cleaning and anything window related is unit owner responsibility here.

The problem I see if there are screws on the right face of the door at bottom to loosen the wheels, and I can access those, but there is no way to access the screws on the left face of the door from the inside. Thefore I don't think it is really possible to remove the screen door from the inside at all, you'd have to get at those screws from an outside work platform or something?

I have quickly learned I dislike juliet balconies in practice!

Another fun fact, if I ever need to replace the windows/door, a contractor said because of the way the railing is attached to the masonry the only way to do the job is to saw the railing in half to remove/destroy and replace it with a new one when done.

Inner Light fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 19, 2022

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Inner Light posted:

Anyone have any LiFe HaCkS to clean the window to the left of this screen door, or to remove the screen door? Window cleaning and anything window related is unit owner responsibility here.

The problem I see if there are screws on the right face of the door at bottom to loosen the wheels, and I can access those, but there is no way to access the screws on the left face of the door from the inside. Thefore I don't think it is really possible to remove the screen door from the inside at all, you'd have to get at those screws from an outside work platform or something?

Another fun fact, if I ever need to replace the windows/door, a contractor said because of the way the railing is attached to the masonry the only way to do the job is to saw the railing in half to remove/destroy and replace it with a new one when done.

Can't you just hop the railing to the left and wash the window normally and then scoot back over? I know not all goons are of scooting dimensions or age but that one just seems not too much?

Alternatively look for things they make to clean car windows (from inside), like little extension arms with a microfiber pad at the end.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

VelociBacon posted:

Can't you just hop the railing to the left and wash the window normally and then scoot back over? I know not all goons are of scooting dimensions or age but that one just seems not too much?

Alternatively look for things they make to clean car windows (from inside), like little extension arms with a microfiber pad at the end.

Yeah hopping the railing seems like the way to do it with the least trouble, unfortunately it seems a bit risky. The railing is about 4 ish feet tall. I'll try to do it without dying, not sure if I can jerry rig anything to make it safer.

I was also wondering just in case I do tear the screen door in the future, it seems quite hellish to remove the door so I was curious if anyone knew a quicker way.

Also keep in mind there is no platform beyond the railing, maybe an inch or so of limestone to stand on, I'd likely have to stand ON the bottom of railing while cleaning. Hope those bolts are good and strong with a nice safety factor after 20 years!

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

Inner Light posted:

Would something like this work?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078BN85MR/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_C2CEN018084ZE1AEY97D

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

That's one of those retractable roll up screen doors, right? :ohdear: Because otherwise if it swings out and promptly hits the railing then how the hell do you actually properly utilize the French balcony if you can't have the doors to it properly opened up? And clean the windows?

There are all sorts of cleaning tool sets/systems where you can get an extender pole and attach all sorts of stuff like scrub brushes, dusters, and squeegees. I suppose you can get one where you can articulate the angle of the tool so you can reach over/past the screen door and clean and squeegee the glass.

I'm reminded of the time my sister, while living in a ninth floor apartment, tried to clean bird poo poo off the outside of her window (the window washers has just been through and wouldn't be back for a while), realized how dangerous it was, went to write a note explaining that if she was found dead at the base of the building it was because she fell trying to clean the bird poo poo off the window and that it was NOT suicide, and while writing it, realized how insane it sounded and called a friend over who held onto her while she reached out and cleaned it. I suppose she also could have picked up a scrubber tool with an extension pole.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Inner Light posted:

if I ever need to replace the windows/door, a contractor said because of the way the railing is attached to the masonry the only way to do the job is to saw the railing in half to remove/destroy and replace it with a new one when done.

I'm bumping into one of these "need to destroy and replace" things. Thinking ahead is for chumps

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Yep, considering one of these gimmicks if I have to! :)

Queen Victorian posted:

That's one of those retractable roll up screen doors, right? :ohdear: Because otherwise if it swings out and promptly hits the railing then how the hell do you actually properly utilize the French balcony if you can't have the doors to it properly opened up? And clean the windows?

There are all sorts of cleaning tool sets/systems where you can get an extender pole and attach all sorts of stuff like scrub brushes, dusters, and squeegees. I suppose you can get one where you can articulate the angle of the tool so you can reach over/past the screen door and clean and squeegee the glass.

I'm reminded of the time my sister, while living in a ninth floor apartment, tried to clean bird poo poo off the outside of her window (the window washers has just been through and wouldn't be back for a while), realized how dangerous it was, went to write a note explaining that if she was found dead at the base of the building it was because she fell trying to clean the bird poo poo off the window and that it was NOT suicide, and while writing it, realized how insane it sounded and called a friend over who held onto her while she reached out and cleaned it. I suppose she also could have picked up a scrubber tool with an extension pole.

Sorry for not being clear, it's a sliding screen door. Slides to the left when opened up, meaning it blocks the left window for cleaning.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Queen Victorian posted:

When I was in university dorms, the sliding windows were close to the shared wall and the common prank was to open your neighbour's window and climb onto your windowsill, reach out and hop your way into their window, turn their CRT monitor on it's side, then go back. This was 3 floors up but I'm sure it happened in the top floors too.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Shower curtain talk reminded me how much a pain in the rear end getting a curtain for a 6' soaker is.

Most of the descriptions gave dimensions but didn't say which was length and which was height :downs:

falz
Jan 29, 2005

slidebite posted:

Shower curtain talk reminded me how much a pain in the rear end getting a curtain for a 6' soaker is.

Most of the descriptions gave dimensions but didn't say which was length and which was height :downs:

Yeah same on dimensions.

Speaking of do you mean there's a 6feet deep murder bath tub? Or are you talking about length ;)

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Literally a water closet lol

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

MrYenko posted:

Ya’ll wanna see something horrifying?

Getting a hybrid electric to replace it on Tuesday. Hold together another week there, old girl.

I just bought a house that was built in 1985 and still had the original water heater. I could tell it was old but it didn't have a manufacturing date and the inspector had to translate the serial number for me. This was an old comment, but if you see this, how do you like that hybrid water heater? I would like to replace mine with gas but considered those hybrids. My only hesitation is I see a lot of people complaining about noise and the main bedroom is right above the garage where the water heater lives.

Unrelated, I have a shitload of windows that face my neighbors house and backyard that are extremely close to his lot or extremely visible to him. I would like to install some window coverings or something so it isn't so easy to even accidentally look in but I like sunlight and being able to look outside. Sheer hanging curtains are an obvious answer but I was hoping for something different. We had cordless cellular shades at the old house but those are too opaque. So far I really haven't been able to come up with anything that is obscuring but not too much, so I was hoping to hear if anyone had any suggestions.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

skipdogg posted:

So the thing that's killing me is that there's some shadow database out there insurers use that estimates the value to rebuild the house, and in my opinion it's insanely inaccurate for me. From one HO quote
Minimum Estimated Rebuild Cost - Dwelling Amount: $633,000.00

You could get your own estimate from someone local. If it's that much less, send it to your agent. It beats the online syaytems that we use.

You could also ask your agent or underwriter to send you a copy of the appraisal. There are a ton of options I can change on the site we use, that can turn a $275K rebuild into a $500K one. See how they marked up the materials or quality (there's a vast difference between "Builder's Grade" vs "Custom" for kitchens & baths).

skipdogg posted:

State Farm has me at a more reasonable 438K dwelling rebuild cost, and they have a pretty aggressive quote, but I've heard their new coverage form is trash compared to a standard HO3 form. I know you're in the industry.. any thoughts on that?
Ask them for a copy of the policy and see what it says. I'll read it if you want. I know that Homesite became a poo poo-show by excluding water damage in their policies. Farmer's has some strong exclusionary language in theirs, and also sets monetary limits really low on certain types of losses. Plus the aforementioned wind/hurricane deductible.

Get some quotes from other carriers.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

VelociBacon posted:

Who exactly does homedepot have installing their carpet? Seems like the kind of thing I wouldn't want done by a high school summer student.

Or at all really.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

VelociBacon posted:

Who exactly does homedepot have installing their carpet? Seems like the kind of thing I wouldn't want done by a high school summer student.

they contract it out to local contractors, it's not the hourly staff doing it :D

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

I just bought a house that was built in 1985 and still had the original water heater. I could tell it was old but it didn't have a manufacturing date and the inspector had to translate the serial number for me. This was an old comment, but if you see this, how do you like that hybrid water heater? I would like to replace mine with gas but considered those hybrids. My only hesitation is I see a lot of people complaining about noise and the main bedroom is right above the garage where the water heater lives.

I've had one for almost a year and I really like it. It's in the basement but my bedroom isn't far and I don't notice it running. The app that comes with it is garbage so I just leave it in energy saver mode. One thing I added was the optional ducting so I could divert the chilled air away from the unit. The only complaint is it can get chilly in the basement in the fall-spring, but otherwise I don't notice it. As far as heat, my kid regularly does 45 minute showers without issue.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

MrYenko posted:

Ya’ll wanna see something horrifying?

Getting a hybrid electric to replace it on Tuesday. Hold together another week there, old girl.

When my parents sold their house a couple years ago my dad got cranky about the buyers requesting he have the 1960s water heater replaced as a condition of the sale. Still works fine!

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Unrelated, I have a shitload of windows that face my neighbors house and backyard that are extremely close to his lot or extremely visible to him. I would like to install some window coverings or something so it isn't so easy to even accidentally look in but I like sunlight and being able to look outside. Sheer hanging curtains are an obvious answer but I was hoping for something different. We had cordless cellular shades at the old house but those are too opaque. So far I really haven't been able to come up with anything that is obscuring but not too much, so I was hoping to hear if anyone had any suggestions.

Privacy window tint? It'll make whichever side is brighter reflective, so in the day time he won't be able to see in, but at night you won't be able to see out. From the inside it just makes things look slightly darker out.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Depending how big your windows are, I like top down/bottom up Roman shades with drawstrings at the top and bottom. Like these:

You can get them in whatever material or style, but they let you have light and privacy. And you can line them or not (unlined make your house more visible to the outside at night though).

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

going to x-post this here, I hosed up (again), and used some wet sandpaper on a small area with noticeable scratches on my cultured marble vanity top (obviously the whole thing has little scratches which is fine, given it's cultured marble and that it's high gloss). I ordered some gel-gloss, which I think I was just supposed to use right away. Now you can use wet sandpaper, but it needs to be 1000 or 1200 grit, and I didn't realize that is insanely high. I think mine was like uh... 100? haha

I was going to try the gel-gloss in that spot first, and see if it works. has anyone used it? I see it recommended a lot.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

devicenull posted:

Privacy window tint? It'll make whichever side is brighter reflective, so in the day time he won't be able to see in, but at night you won't be able to see out. From the inside it just makes things look slightly darker out.

that was the first thing I considered but came to the same conclusion that at night it would be hard to see out. I wonder if just regular tinting without the reflective side might be workable

Yooper posted:

I've had one for almost a year and I really like it. It's in the basement but my bedroom isn't far and I don't notice it running. The app that comes with it is garbage so I just leave it in energy saver mode. One thing I added was the optional ducting so I could divert the chilled air away from the unit. The only complaint is it can get chilly in the basement in the fall-spring, but otherwise I don't notice it. As far as heat, my kid regularly does 45 minute showers without issue.
Thats good to hear! I assume that since the noise has never been a bother that you've never measured the compressor noise dbs while it was running?

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Depending how big your windows are, I like top down/bottom up Roman shades with drawstrings at the top and bottom. Like these:

You can get them in whatever material or style, but they let you have light and privacy. And you can line them or not (unlined make your house more visible to the outside at night though).

that material looks kind of ideal and was sort of what I was looking for initially when window treatment shopping a few years ago but couldn't really find what I wanted/they don't often show the material like that so I can see what the visibility looks like

NomNomNom
Jul 20, 2008
Please Work Out

actionjackson posted:

going to x-post this here, I hosed up (again), and used some wet sandpaper on a small area with noticeable scratches on my cultured marble vanity top (obviously the whole thing has little scratches which is fine, given it's cultured marble and that it's high gloss). I ordered some gel-gloss, which I think I was just supposed to use right away. Now you can use wet sandpaper, but it needs to be 1000 or 1200 grit, and I didn't realize that is insanely high. I think mine was like uh... 100? haha

I was going to try the gel-gloss in that spot first, and see if it works. has anyone used it? I see it recommended a lot.

The only way to remove the scratches from 100 grit sandpaper is to sand using progressively finer grits, 150, 220, 320, and on up.

Marble is pretty soft so I don't think it'd take a lot of effort. You could also try some melamine sponges (magic eraser)

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

NomNomNom posted:

The only way to remove the scratches from 100 grit sandpaper is to sand using progressively finer grits, 150, 220, 320, and on up.

Marble is pretty soft so I don't think it'd take a lot of effort. You could also try some melamine sponges (magic eraser)

the gel-gloss is supposedly an all-in-one solution

https://www.gel-gloss.com/shop-category/cultured-marble/

I don't think it's a scratch issue now, I think it's a removal of the finish, and how to restore a high gloss finish in that area.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

falz posted:

So i think my fix is to NOT buy a 96" curtain. next step down seems to be 84" sooo i guess ill do that. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W52BQGR.

I double checked with the person who gave me the 96" aka 8' idea and... well she has 9' ceilings. :ms:

:wtc:

the shower curtains at target are all 6' tall just use that

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Back with another request for a recommendation.

Are there any exterior wall-mount mounted mailboxes that don't look terrible?

Everything I'm seeing is your bog-standard "black oxide stamped metal" garbage. Or massively overpriced stamped metal garbage with slightly ornate edges.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Thats good to hear! I assume that since the noise has never been a bother that you've never measured the compressor noise dbs while it was running?

I have not. I've got a dosimeter at work, if I remember I'll snag it and see what it reads.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

actionjackson posted:

:wtc:

the shower curtains at target are all 6' tall just use that

No, I'd be a commoner.

Also that shower head is so high it may squirt past.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Everything I'm seeing is your bog-standard "black oxide stamped metal" garbage. Or massively overpriced stamped metal garbage with slightly ornate edges.
I had one of these for years and loved it.

Now my house is on the highway and the postmistress warned us against putting a mailbox in at all; too tempting for thieves.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I've got one of these and it looks fine and does mailbox things to my satisfaction:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000K2LIMW/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_ZXBJ02Q6SQTHWKCKHXEC

It's a little annoying that it doesn't have a flag for outgoing mail but I do that so rarely these days that I either walk to a blue box or just clip my letter to the front so my mail carrier sees it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

DrBouvenstein posted:

There are some nice options on Etsy.

I have this one:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/599000296/andrew-be-outgoing-large-black-modern

It's big and sexy