Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Morbus posted:

Ah yes the Chinese, famously constrained by what Americans consider to be protected IP

Also: Ah yes the Americans, famously never stole IP from others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

If Biden were actively thwarting money to fund Ukraine and using exec orders to get baby formula to infants, Greene and Tracey would be arguing the complete opposite positions.

You don't ever have to hand it to them. Fascists don't have beliefs, they have tactics.

To cement this point, Greene voted against action to help with the shortage. While the dems are indeed terrible and deserve to be destroyed, we can never make the mistake of saying "wow, even [insert GOP shithead] thinks what the dems are doing is bad, because it is!" (They don't think the action is bad, they are simply incapable of distinguishing political actions from political actors.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lol @ mayo pete bravely eating poo poo on the news for nothing

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Nothus posted:

lol @ mayo pete bravely eating poo poo on the news for nothing

feels more like someone in biden's actual team keeps doing this to pete and kamala to make biden look better

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

really queer Christmas posted:

Make this the cspam subtitle pls

Ok done

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

finally made it official did they

they ruled that an agency enforcing regulations deprives the regulated of their right to a jury trial, which if applied more broadly would mean that the government is pretty much literally forbidden from doing anything ever

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lol :cheers:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

papa horny michael posted:

feels more like someone in biden's actual team keeps doing this to pete and kamala to make biden look better

I could believe this and it's funny as hell but also as a mckinsey alum pete lusts for blood at every moment and I bet he was foaming at the mouth to get on any mic he could get his little ratty grubbers on to tell everyone how, listen, some babies just have to be sacrificed to moloch! sorry, but that's just how the economy works!

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Palladium posted:

Lowell, MA is named after a guy who became rich by memorizing the design of English machinery and recreating it in the US.

Of course, after stealing most technology that allowed it to surpass Europe, the US then created the most IP system in the world. There are (or were) patents for 1-click buying, "buy it now," receiving online donations through a website... Note that we are not talking about the code or some software language or any of that. The concept of requesting donations through a website was patented. So of course now every other country infringes on American IP.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

joepinetree posted:

Lowell, MA is named after a guy who became rich by memorizing the design of English machinery and recreating it in the US.

Of course, after stealing most technology that allowed it to surpass Europe, the US then created the most IP system in the world. There are (or were) patents for 1-click buying, "buy it now," receiving online donations through a website... Note that we are not talking about the code or some software language or any of that. The concept of requesting donations through a website was patented. So of course now every other country infringes on American IP.

and in another recent example, the NSA stole wind turbine blade secrets from European companies and gave them to an American company, the American company then claimed that the European manufacturer had illegally copied their design and got their wind turbine blades banned from the USA. (then the american company went bankrupt and got purchased by Enron)

https://www.windpowermonthly.com/article/960011/trans-atlantic-espionage-claimed-german-wind-company

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Anyone remember the name of that report on the presidential power to cancel student debt, that Biden censored? I'm googling for it but coming up empty.

Edit: Found it! Student loan forgiveness: Heavily redacted Biden administration memo becomes public

Chamale has issued a correction as of 17:55 on May 19, 2022

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

joepinetree posted:

didn't apple try to patent right clicking

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I could believe this and it's funny as hell but also as a mckinsey alum pete lusts for blood at every moment and I bet he was foaming at the mouth to get on any mic he could get his little ratty grubbers on to tell everyone how, listen, some babies just have to be sacrificed to moloch! sorry, but that's just how the economy works!

I think pete is enough of a lib brained dumbass that he genuinely believed that the message 'the government is not, and SHOULD NOT, help you, but don't worry my children are cared for' was going to make his polling go up or something. Not sure why the transportation secretary is even commenting on this poo poo at all, but I guess because he wants to keep positioning himself as an important politician whose opinions about current events matter so that he can try to run for senator or president or whatever. but it's pete so the result was a soundbyte of him basically telling starving babies to gently caress themselves

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Palladium posted:

I mean this is the point: a powerful country with a huge economy and large pool of technical workers is not meaningfully constrained by IP.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

empty whippet box posted:

I think pete is enough of a lib brained dumbass that he genuinely believed that the message 'the government is not, and SHOULD NOT, help you, but don't worry my children are cared for' was going to make his polling go up or something. Not sure why the transportation secretary is even commenting on this poo poo at all, but I guess because he wants to keep positioning himself as an important politician whose opinions about current events matter so that he can try to run for senator or president or whatever. but it's pete so the result was a soundbyte of him basically telling starving babies to gently caress themselves

Part of it is that pete was engineered from the ground up to appeal to the particular flavor of lib brain that longs for a "serious person" to describe how, actually, starving babies in the interest of capital is not an issue for the federal goverment, so that they can nod along sagely while listening to NPR

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

I don't know about right clicking, but microsoft patented double clicking and clicking and holding.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

vyelkin posted:

they ruled that an agency enforcing regulations deprives the regulated of their right to a jury trial, which if applied more broadly would mean that the government is pretty much literally forbidden from doing anything ever
finally made that official then

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

how do you right click with one button?

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

First, you have to believe in yourself.

Then, you have to hold down the Command key (apple keyboards only, IBM/compatibles have never invented such a thing) and click your hockey puck lookin' mouse.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

vyelkin posted:

lol

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Foo Diddley posted:

lmao just get a single tear in there like

Since the original was a white person pretending to be a native american, the updated version should be elizabeth warren

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

joepinetree posted:

china: i learned it from watching USA

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Jabberlock posted:

Since the original was a white person pretending to be a native american, the updated version should be elizabeth warren

they were italian

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
"born Espera or "Oscar" DeCorti, the son of two first-generation immigrants from Italy."

it's funny that he was so committed to the bit that he would call his sister a liar for exposing him as italian during their lifetimes.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Zerg Mans posted:

they were italian

That's what they said

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jabberlock posted:

this is anti-italian discrimination

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

this is anti-italian discrimination

Sorry, since the original was an Italian pretending to be a native american, the updated version should be a plate of spaghetti.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Fxhedgers/status/1527367208904536064?s=20&t=IBRFNpHcDDTLXlj2J7cftA

Jesus lol

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
'HERE'S OPPO TO PUNISH ME WITH, FROM MY OWN MOUTH': WH SPOX

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Failing to learn lessons from their good buddy, George HW Bush.

The Democrats!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
lmao I choose to believe the "ok" is the response of the tweeter

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
If we take a 100% tax for a year, we can all get this over with!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

DACK FAYDEN posted:

lmao I choose to believe the "ok" is the response of the tweeter

same but I'm going with whoever it was on cnbc

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

i am glad that we all implicitly and instinctively understand that, overall dumbfuckery of the statement aside, it definitely isn't referring to raising taxes on the rich

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

i am glad that we all implicitly and instinctively understand that, overall dumbfuckery of the statement aside, it definitely isn't referring to raising taxes on the rich

biden is rock hard for deficit politics. all he wants to do is talk about how much he cut the deficit and threw people off of unemployment

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Biden wants to be Clinton!

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

:shittypop:

Biden knows what the DPA is?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006