Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

dems should run with zelensky as president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Zerg Mans posted:

wow, kids in cages? I didn't know that, I'm hearing this for the first time.

well at least now that an adult is in charge we can get all those kids out of the cages! lmao

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

DoubleDonut posted:

Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Honest Thief posted:

dems should run with zelensky as president

Don't give them any ideas

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Zurtilik posted:

Eh, the Democrats are dumb but we know it's sort of a false dichotomy. The US government can definitely spend on both things.

If Biden were actively thwarting money to fund Ukraine and using exec orders to get baby formula to infants, Greene and Tracey would be arguing the complete opposite positions.

You don't ever have to hand it to them. Fascists don't have beliefs, they have tactics.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

oh word our reproductive rights could be in danger?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

If Biden were actively thwarting money to fund Ukraine and using exec orders to get baby formula to infants, Greene and Tracey would be arguing the complete opposite positions.

You don't ever have to hand it to them. Fascists don't have beliefs, they have tactics.

:hmmyes:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/davidsirota/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Chris James 2 posted:

Their response to cops taking a white supremacist alive after he kills a bunch of black people in a targeted hunt:

https://twitter.com/AndrewJBates46/status/1525907858306523136

more devoted to order than justice, literally the liberal incarnate malcolm x warned about for fucks sake

also what does the police have to so with thi oh, joe sees the outline and how explicit it is, he just wont stand up to it

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

About the truckers: look at the demographics who actually work as truckers and look at the protesters

Then check how many of those trucks have interprovincial or interstate shipping tags

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/s...ingawful.com%2F

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

All of them.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the democratic party needs to be burned to the ground

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

America.jpg

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

apparently this thread didn't hear about Kevin McCarthy being subpoena'd? just you wait. big things are coming.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

apparently this thread didn't hear about Kevin McCarthy being subpoena'd? just you wait. big things are coming.

subpoenas are just gentle requests. like asking your mom if you can have a treat. if she says no then you can throw a tantrum but that's it.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i would maybe consider voting for democrats if they arrested someone for flagrantly and illegally ignoring one of their subpoenas but lmao

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Stereotype posted:

i would maybe consider voting for democrats if they arrested someone for flagrantly and illegally ignoring one of their subpoenas but lmao

For what it's worth Quebec politicians get this, one of the Montreal mayors got a 6 AM raid. Definately tells your voters "I'm serious"

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

The south regularly tries to arrest democrats for breaking quorum.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Isentropy posted:

For what it's worth Quebec politicians get this, one of the Montreal mayors got a 6 AM raid. Definately tells your voters "I'm serious"

I mean, our city is still hilariously corrupt but yeah, that happened.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

THS2 posted:

yeah remember when people blocked highways during blm. good way to get teargassed and a rubber bullet to the head or worse

if the canadian government then passed laws that made it even more impossible to strike, that was opportunism and not because the truckers were seriously challenging power

You don't even have to go that far afield to see the counter example, the first nations peoples in British Columbia who were protesting the logging of old growth forest by blocking the road had hundreds of RCMP stormtroopers busting heads and making arrests

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

if you want to make a lib go all words.txt at you just say "I dunno after Operation Warp Speed and getting those checks out I feel like Trump would've gotten us some baby formula one way or another, even that guy would've known starving babies is bad."

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

let me let you in on a little secret: this is just the excuse, they were never gonna do it anyway

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

shocking, i know

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
we live in the dumbest cold war

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

honestly raskin has given me the creeps ever since he turned his son's suicide into a book deal, sorry I mean an opportunity for healing and a public conversation :jerkbag:

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

if you want to make a lib go all words.txt at you just say "I dunno after Operation Warp Speed and getting those checks out I feel like Trump would've gotten us some baby formula one way or another, even that guy would've known starving babies is bad."

Lol that's a good one. Point out that buttigieg saying that the government should absolutely not be producing baby formula too.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

The fact is that's likely true. The poo poo that makes Trump bad is the same poo poo that led him to actually do things and in this case it's not looking like a loser who can't do anything. The bad part is that some of those things he did are objectively bad but one cannot deny that sometimes inaction is the worst course and likewise one cannot deny that the democrats are only capable of inaction.

It's not a situation I relish, trapped between someone like Trump on the one hand who can and will "do things" or the dems who won't but if that's the choice and your life sucks and keeps getting worse, there's no logic in sticking with the side which will definitely do nothing. Nothing is how you got here--at least something, even if it's worse, moves things along to something else which might be escapable. Doing nothing condemns you to declining material conditions definitionally.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

LastInLine posted:

The fact is that's likely true. The poo poo that makes Trump bad is the same poo poo that led him to actually do things and in this case it's not looking like a loser who can't do anything. The bad part is that some of those things he did are objectively bad but one cannot deny that sometimes inaction is the worst course and likewise one cannot deny that the democrats are only capable of inaction.

It's not a situation I relish, trapped between someone like Trump on the one hand who can and will "do things" or the dems who won't but if that's the choice and your life sucks and keeps getting worse, there's no logic in sticking with the side which will definitely do nothing. Nothing is how you got here--at least something, even if it's worse, moves things along to something else which might be escapable. Doing nothing condemns you to declining material conditions definitionally.

Donald J Trump posted:

The Democrats are sending another $40 billion to Ukraine, yet America's parents are struggling to even feed their children. There is a massive formula shortage, but no one is talking about it—it is a national disgrace. It is unthinkable that in the year 2022 American families are unable to get baby formulas for their children. Families whose children have serious allergies and require "elemental" formula are in even more desperate and dire straits. The pain that mothers and fathers are going through who literally cannot get nutrition for their newborns and infants is a mark of eternal shame on the Democrat Party. America First!

Compare that to what Mayo Pete said

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

:sickos:

as I posted in the Fetterman thread, get hosed establishment ghouls

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

It's because Trump wants to be liked, while Dems just want you to dislike somebody else more than you dislike them.

There are cults of personality today that have popped up around people like Hillary, Kamala, Mayor Pete etc. but they will never understand the enthusiasm for someone like Trump, no matter how hard they try.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

DACK FAYDEN posted:

:sickos:

as I posted in the Fetterman thread, get hosed establishment ghouls

any outsiders will be brought to heel. there is no hope

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

ELTON JOHN posted:

any outsiders will be brought to heel. there is no hope

aye, and let’s not forget that fetterman has already publicly and sloppily kissed the DMFI ring too. not that everything has to be an I/p thing, but that is absolutely a dire harbinger of forthcoming succ.

there is legitimate pleasure to be had though. Connor lamb ate poo poo, and we can feel good about that at least. if we’re lucky, fetterman will show up to the senate in shorts and showing his tattoos and really give Dianne Feinstein the vapors.

but yeah, realistically he’s on the classic bernie sanders path of a seemingly well-meaning and effective mayor of a forgotten American town who now has a national stage as a us senator. lmao

and summer Lee didn’t kiss the Israel ring, which is insubordinate and churlish, so Dems will probably have to support her Republican opponent

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Why were truckers even mad about masks. You're in a fuckin Truck 23 hours a day who is making you wear a mask

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

pushpins posted:

Why were truckers even mad about masks. You're in a fuckin Truck 23 hours a day who is making you wear a mask

The government.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

pushpins posted:

some people get a rush from getting angry about the dumbest poo poo possible

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

pushpins posted:

gently caress you, you can't tell me what to do

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

ELTON JOHN posted:

some people get a rush from getting angry about the dumbest poo poo possible

Make this the cspam subtitle pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

I don’t read any new political memoirs but I might read hers which comes out July

remembering when she riffed with harold "911VICTIM" on twitter