Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1526911249832886278

First episode of the Hisuian Zorua animated special is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thhRi11aTI8 youtube link here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I really like the art style here. Also god, that kid has some luck, first Pokemon he finds and it's a shiny!

Too bad he still lost half his items by the end.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

New Pokémon HOME Update to Add Recent Pokémon Game Compatibility
Plus, connect to Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, and Pokémon Shining Pearl to receive special Pokémon as Mystery Gifts.
Anew update to Pokémon HOME (version 2.0.0) will soon arrive, adding the ability to link to Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, and Pokémon Shining Pearl, along with past games Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Shield, Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!, Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!, and Pokémon GO.

Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, Pokémon Shining Pearl, Pokémon Sword, and Pokémon Shield will be mutually compatible with Pokémon HOME, and you will be able to deposit and withdraw Pokémon to and from each of these games. For example, you will be able to take a Pikachu that you caught in Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield into Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, or Pokémon Shining Pearl.

Please note that transferring Pokémon to a game they were not originally caught in may cause certain changes to known moves, level, and what type of Poké Ball they were caught in.

Click image to enlarge

Until now, the only Pokédex in Pokémon HOME was the National Pokédex. But starting from version 2.0.0, the Pokédex from each game will be added.​ Pokémon in your Boxes in Pokémon HOME will be registered in their respective game's Pokédex after version 2.0.0 of Pokémon HOME is installed.​ Pokémon that aren't in a Box when the ver. 2.0.0 update is installed, such as those that have been traded away, will not be registered.

You can obtain new stickers to edit your profile by completing achievements in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME. These achievements can be completed by meeting certain conditions.​

Strange Balls
Since Pokémon Legends: Arceus takes place in the distant past of the world of Pokémon, Poké Balls from the other games do not yet exist. So, when Pokémon caught in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, Pokémon Shining Pearl, Pokémon Sword, or Pokémon Shield are transferred to Pokémon Legends: Arceus, they will appear in Strange Balls. Likewise, when Pokémon caught in Pokémon Legends: Arceus are transferred to Pokémon Brilliant Diamond or Pokémon Shining Pearl, they will also appear in Strange Balls. When transferred to Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield, however, they will appear in standard Poké Balls.

Linking to Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl
You can check on the condition of Pokémon deposited from Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl to Pokémon HOME as well as their other details.​

Linking to Pokémon Legends: Arceus
You can view the effort levels of Pokémon deposited from Pokémon Legends: Arceus to Pokémon HOME as well as its other details.​

The objective of Pokémon Legends: Arceus is to help compile the Hisui region's first Pokédex. As such, the National Pokédex in Pokémon HOME will update its Pokédex entries based on your completion of the Pokédex in your Pokémon Legends: Arceus save data.​

If a Pokédex entry in Pokémon Legends: Arceus is incomplete, you will not be able to see that Pokédex entry in Pokémon HOME.

Claim Special Pokémon
To celebrate Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, and Pokémon Shining Pearl becoming compatible with Pokémon HOME, you will be gifted special Pokémon when you link each game to Pokémon HOME.

When you deposit a Pokémon from Pokémon Brilliant Diamond or Pokémon Shining Pearl to the Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon HOME, you will receive Turtwig, Chimchar, and Piplup with Hidden Abilities as Mystery Gifts in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME.

If you deposit a Pokémon from Pokémon Legends: Arceus into the Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon HOME, you will receive Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott with maximum effort levels as Mystery Gifts in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME.

For more details, please visit the official Pokémon HOME site.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Finally doing a lot of Max Raid Battles now that I'm done with SwSh's postgame... Is there any way to speed these up? They're just so long and boring, it basically turns my Switch into a screensaver for a few minutes.

I'm doing the raids with other players so at least I have their strong pokemon helping me out. It still takes forever.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anyone wanna help me out with the hardest pokes to get in arceus so i can cheat them in from home. too much work to move whole boxes at a time when 40% on a given page are ineligible to be moved, and they dont just prevent you from grabbing those

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

Finally doing a lot of Max Raid Battles now that I'm done with SwSh's postgame... Is there any way to speed these up? They're just so long and boring, it basically turns my Switch into a screensaver for a few minutes.

I'm doing the raids with other players so at least I have their strong pokemon helping me out. It still takes forever.

Level up Eternatus and go with AI and animations turned off. When doing them with other players, animations will always play.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Level up Eternatus and go with AI and animations turned off. When doing them with other players, animations will always play.

Ahhh, I didn't know that, thanks! I thought they were just locked on in that mode. I guess it's worth spending a bunch of candies on Eternatus for that, I'll earn them back quickly?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

At that point you need lvl 100 Pokemon to solo the max raid battles. Eternatus is good most of the time but the Box legendary dogs are also good for the task.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Just get dracovish and press the fish button. Solved all den raids for you.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Sent my shiny Psyduck from PLA to BDSP, and he looks quite handsome in a strange ball, and he’s great to have follow me around.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
I have the error message that prevents me from transferring Pokémon to Home. Doesn't matter which game, it's probably because I have a bad egg in Home. So until this gets fixed I can't use Home.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I got a message on an arbok that if i transferred it into one of the games i may not be able to transfer it after that but it went there and back with no issue so idk

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
While transferring 'mons I found a Spinda I got in a Wonder Trade in my BDSP copy that couldn't be transferred to any games I have (including back to my BDSP copy) once I'd brought it to Home.

I must assume that means it has hacked stats or something. I think I'm going to try breeding it to see what happens, as I don't think I have a normal Spinda in my boxes otherwise.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Lux Animus posted:

While transferring 'mons I found a Spinda I got in a Wonder Trade in my BDSP copy that couldn't be transferred to any games I have (including back to my BDSP copy) once I'd brought it to Home.

I must assume that means it has hacked stats or something. I think I'm going to try breeding it to see what happens, as I don't think I have a normal Spinda in my boxes otherwise.

Does it have Copycat or another removed move? My old Kalos one that I have in a living dex does, and it's blanked out.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dont they just delete the move not bar the pokemon altogether

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Pretty cool: Nob Ogasawara (the guy who's localized almost every single Pokémon game into English) was asked to name all the scrapped Pokémon designs

Taaban, who was discussed recently in this thread, could have been called Disturban.

He also revealed his intentions to have named the Vulpix lines based on the number of tails they had at each stage: Vulpiii, Vulpvi, and Vulpix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4yIjpSaHgo

Xander B Coolridge fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 19, 2022

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

According to Austin John, Spinda can't be transferred to BDSP probably because of the spot algorithm. And the message about incompatibility usually refers to Pokemon from Let's Go which will be rendered incompatible with Let's Go if you save them in a different game.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh i wonder if i just already did that on every other pokemon by putting them into sword/shield or something

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Rudoku posted:

Does it have Copycat or another removed move? My old Kalos one that I have in a living dex does, and it's blanked out.

I just checked and the Japanese Spinda doesn't have Copycat or hacked-looking stats - how odd! I'll see how its ditto-bred clones work out.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Never, ever forget:

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

EorayMel posted:

Never, ever forget:

Imagining a skuntank fed nothing but curry its entire life

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Super No Vacancy posted:

dont they just delete the move not bar the pokemon altogether

Dexit was annoying enough as is, but in a way Movexit is even more so. Not so much that they removed moves (the list could stand to be trimmed), but how badly and counterproductively they did it. Like Signal Beam is a massively useful move and is the only option for Special Bug types for most of the game since Bug Buzz is always learned in like the 40’s. They remove that, but keep allowing every Water type to learn Blizzard and Ice Beam, making Ice types redundant.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Signal Beam being cut was worse for Pokemon that barely had coverage options to begin with, even though Bug type is horrible in that regard.

The move restrictions placed on Pokemon in Home was implemented to prevent Pokemon who could travel between Sword and Shield, BDSP or Legends from having a larger list of moves compared to Pokemon who cannot be moved to other Gen 8 games, but the ones suck in BDSP are really hamstrung.

I'm looking at suggested moves for regular Electrode for BDSP and I'm appalled as to how barren it is: Electric, Normal, Rollout, Thief and Gyro Ball, which it cannot even use properly due to being one of the fastest Pokemon in the game. Sunflora's in the same boat: It only gets Grass moves, physical Normal moves and Sludge Bomb. It used to learn the far more useful Earth Power but apparently that's far too much for Sunflora to handle.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Yeah there's definitely a sweet spot between Gen1&2 where all but a handful of designated good Pokemon (who learn everything no matter how nonsensical like Rhydon getting Surf) and 90% of everything else getting absolutely nothing, some types like Ghost and Bug not even having any over 20bp moves. And today where there is so much inflation that some types lose their purpose because another type guarantees access to all it's main moves. Ice, Dark, and Rock are especially hurt by how other types get all their moves, leaving no reason for you to use mons of that type.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Well after hatching some Spinda babies in BDSP I check Home and find that the babies can't be loaded into Home either.

I look it up and find that there are indeed some rollout bugs still in place with Home 2.0:

https://pokemonblog.com/2022/05/18/...antamax-pikach/

quote:

Spinda can’t be moved into Pokémon HOME, Nincada can’t be moved into Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, Gigantamax Pikachu and Eevee can’t be moved into Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Gigantamax Pikachu, Meowth and Eevee can’t be moved into BDSP

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

In Spinda's case there's an error in the coding for how Spinda's spots are displayed in Home or BDSP.

https://twitter.com/Atrius97/status/1483656532495454208

The "solution" they've come up with is that Spinda from BDSP cannot go into Home, nor can Spinda transferred from other games be taken out of Home.

In Nincada's case, it has something to do with cloning prevention, and Nincada's evolution involves it effectively splitting into two Pokémon.

G-Max Pikachu, Eevee and Meowth are prevented from going into BDSP or Legends to prevent them from inadvertently evolving with the Gigantamax factor still on them.

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 20, 2022

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
they should probably stop introducing incompatible mechanics that ruin your ability to use or even transfer a pokemon. you should be able to transfer mons back and forth freely at least between games within the same generation

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

indigi posted:

they should probably stop introducing incompatible mechanics that ruin your ability to use or even transfer a pokemon. you should be able to transfer mons back and forth freely at least between games within the same generation

Gen8 is uniquely difficult in that regard though since all 3 games are basically just as different looking and working from each other as if they were from different gens. All the mainline games within a previous gen were the same engine running the same gameplay with the same graphics. Now you’ve got stuff like Legends around and it’s just chaos.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

sure but it’s not like these games fell out of the sky fully formed and now they have to figure out how to incorporate them into Home. this generation has been in development since 2017 at the latest and it took them six months to let you move Pokémon from BDSP into Home. they knew all this stuff was coming because they’re the ones who decided to do it, there’s really no excuse for such pisspoor planning and implementation

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if i transfer a hat pikachu into arceus it should have an era appropriate straw hat or whatever

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Hey now Pokémon is a small niche franchise and GameFreak just a small indie developer. You can’t just demand all these intensive things of them. Next you’ll be making unreasonable demands like “Include all the Pokémon in a Pokémon game” or “Make a game with as much content as an entry from ten years ago”.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

if i transfer a hat pikachu into arceus it should have an era appropriate straw hat or whatever

Everything else could be overlooked if this would happen honestly.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I mean, they've done a lot of implementation. Half the point of this update was making it so, instead of Let's Go style half transfers, every Pokemon is basically keeping the entirety of their SwSh, BDSP, and Legends data. It's not as cool as, say, your mon from Legends showing up in SwSh and keeping its Alpha size, but your Pokemon effectively having a moveset memorized for each Gen 8 game it's in kinda rules.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I think it would rule if they had the same moveset regardless of the game they were transferred to, or, hell, the same pokeball you captured them in

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
For mainline/standard titles, I agree. But Legends operates way differently from any other game, so having your Legends moveset and training mess up your main game's info seems like a net win to me. It means you don't have to reconfigure your Pokemon to have the better options for each game every time you transfer between the two, or have to commit to a one-way transfer and data wipe like Let's Go.

In effect, this lets Nintendo get as off the wall and experimental as they want without making it impossible to transfer your team. Maybe we'll get some real weird stuff like transfers to and from a future Mystery Dungeon.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I don’t really understand the point of letting Pokémon learn different moves in different games, even in Mystery Dungeon. you would obviously want to tweak a move’s power and effects between games, but you can do that without changing the pokemon’s learnset. though that would require having a clear vision and planning ahead which gamefreak is allergic to

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I just want to know what the logic is behind dumping moves like Signal Beam which has a purpose that isn't filled by any other move. It's not like Bug types were super OP and ruling the meta with it so why loving get rid of it?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Twelve by Pies posted:

I just want to know what the logic is behind dumping moves like Signal Beam which has a purpose that isn't filled by any other move. It's not like Bug types were super OP and ruling the meta with it so why loving get rid of it?

You say this as if you thought the reason had to do with balancing and not with a horribly rushed release schedule that doesn't give Game Freak nearly enough time to keep the insane amount of stuff Pokemon's accrued over the years.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Steals the hot mic to say:

"Game Freak does not care about bug people."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lux Animus posted:

Steals the hot mic to say:

"Game Freak does not care about bug people."

which is weird because the last few gens we've been getting actually really good bug type pokemon. They just decided to make the older ones just even worse by comparison.