Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Echoing the praise for Denzel that’s my aoty so far too. I liked it more than push’s album, apparently I’ve reached the age where I don’t care as much about cocaine war stories from 20 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

I mean Pusha is missing a banger T-Pain feature on the new album so Denzel wins by default.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Robert Analog posted:

Echoing the praise for Denzel that’s my aoty so far too. I liked it more than push’s album, apparently I’ve reached the age where I don’t care as much about cocaine war stories from 20 years ago.

agree, pusha's album was just meh for me

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4UsypyJK6U

Wonder if this is gonna be more like Drogas light where he's rapping on more "mainstream" beats.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 19, 2022

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

agree, pusha's album was just meh for me

I was meh on IAD at first too but for some reason the version he put out where he separates the Ye and Pharrell tracks made it click for me somehow.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the denzel album stands out because it has songs you might want to listen to more than once

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
current favorite hiphop/rap albums 2022 for me:

1. Pusha T
2. Kendrick Lamar
3. Earl Sweatshirt
4. Denzel Curry
5. Yung Lean

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i woudl love to be proven wrong but i cant imagine what lupe fiasco has left to say in 2022. feel like hes just been a rappidy rap rapper since the cool and hes good at it i just feel like i always glaze over after 5 songs into every album

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Goddamn 120 bucks for upper deck tickets for Kendrick Lamar in Denver. Almost certainly this is his only tour for Mr. Morale.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Drogas Wave and Tetsuo and Youth are two of my favorite albums of the 2010s.

Lupe doesn't release often enough for me to get tired of his "rapity raps" he probably the best metaphor and lyrical rapper to ever do it

Its not for everyone, but I gently caress with all of his projects at least somewhat.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

This was so hard to get

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

This was so hard to get

How much were floor seats?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This was so hard to get
You gotta let us know if he plays We Cry Together live lmao

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

LionYeti posted:

How much were floor seats?

loving way too much: $189.00 each before fees

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:eyepop:

Show better be good! I think I paid less than that for the 3-day festival ticket where I saw him, LCD Soundsystem and several other artists in 2017.

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I missed out on the presale but hoping to get tickets tomorrow

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Robert Analog posted:

this made me realise that substance in rap projects is entirely optional if you have the sickest beats and meanest delivery. push reigns supreme this year for me unless lupe does something unbelievable.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

it was 100 before fees for bottom of upper bowl in Denver this suuuuuucks.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

danny's podcast is fuckin funny so far, halfway into the first ep

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

literal rear end against the wall upper deck seats in boston were $152 after fees. not sure what floor was since I didn't have that pre sale code

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The presale for floor being cash app card only was so evil

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

This was so hard to get

sorry what the gently caress is this outfit

looks like a country white man on a sunday outing to the good walmart the next over and then those LOAFERS good lord

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

The presale for floor being cash app card only was so evil

amex has been doing this for literally decades, a cash app card presale is an improvement because at least it won't impact your credit history

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

prayer group posted:

looks like a country white man on a sunday outing to the good walmart the next over and then those LOAFERS good lord

bitch, I'm attractive?

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

prayer group posted:

chance the rapper fit

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

Rooney McNibnug posted:

chance the rapper fit

Hat needs to be iii

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/rapalert6/status/1527378112450678795

Put Puffy in the Hague.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol I want to hear some dated references in this, bragging about owning a cell phone, making more money than hammer etc

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

prayer group posted:

you're gonna sit here and talk poo poo about a TPAB era fit? lol

abraham linksys posted:

amex has been doing this for literally decades, a cash app card presale is an improvement because at least it won't impact your credit history

No yeah, the issue was when they announced the tour, well they also announced this presale. The issue was that it takes 14 days to get a cashapp card so there was no way my friends and I would've been able to go. Luckily someone we knew had a card and we made it work, but it was very random.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
what does 2 ATMs mean on N95

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Alan Smithee posted:

what does 2 ATMs mean on N95

I don't know but I'm glad you're still alive.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

I don't know but I'm glad you're still alive.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
That’s a different one ours is “alansmithee”. I think I’ve seen Alan_Smithee on here too.

Robert Analog fucked around with this message at 14:03 on May 20, 2022

Pertplus
Nov 7, 2009

Yuzenn posted:

A rapper like Lil Uzi Vert is fun in short spurts but guys like him tend to be flash in the pan types,

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Yeah its difficult to overstate just how huge XO Tour Llif3 was. He's still a huge deal with the zoomers.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Robert Analog posted:

That’s a different one ours is “alansmithee”. I think I’ve seen Alan_Smithee on here too.

gently caress!!!!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Robert Analog posted:

Well I still wish our one the best.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

drat this mfer got the receipts from 2016

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol. striking out an entry on my "posts to use as an own in the distant future" list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

t a s t e posted:

The Kids are retarded