Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Not surprised, I was volunteer mountain rescue as a young fit person, you tend to find that second to the “I was using Google maps and it ran out of batteries” lot, the worst people are groups of very experienced climbers who get incredibly super defensive when you tell them something they are doing is wrong - like getting lazy and not checking rope before setting out every time, or not including something in a ultralight gear set up because it takes them 10g over the limit they have set themselves.

It tends not to happen with solo people or pairs, but with groups who have been doing it a long time and just get lucky a lot till the day they don’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Wait hold on, what about the other guy?

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Warbird posted:

Wait hold on, what about the other guy?

Hot dog eating contest mishap

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

foutre posted:

Consistently glad I have no musical abilities, or this thread would be a real problem.

That's my problem, I have just -enough- musical talent to be dangerous to myself and my wallet, but not enough to actually make anything good. At least my hyper fixation now is on other things.

Like this!

TurdBurgles
Sep 17, 2007

I AM WHITE AND PLAY NA FLUTE ON TRIBAL LANDS WITH NO GUILT.
Yo that's some fun business.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

foutre posted:

Consistently glad I have no musical abilities, or this thread would be a real problem.

Buddy, you don't need musical talent to buy synths. Just a midlife crises and a hatred of money.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Buddy, you don't need musical talent to buy synths. Just a midlife crises and a hatred of money.

I’m sorry I can’t hear you over the sound of this USED CORVETTE

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

That’s not how you spell “NB Miata” but you do you.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

foutre posted:

This is great, I've always wanted to get a tree! Is this one going to be fruiting, or just pretty blossoms? Either way, very good imo.

For content, I got some size 14 climbing shoes:

Turns out almost every big manufacturer tops out at 12 or 13 - especially in more aggressive shoes - but this company in Mexico makes them to order up to size 20 for a very similar price.

Thanks! It'll just be an ornamental flowering tree on the corner of my lot. But I'm really hoping a dense canopy will help shade my office from the afternoon sun. There's no dedicated hvac in the room and it gets pretty unbearable in summer with the sun beating down on it.

That's wild you found sasquatch climbing shoes! I remember taking a climbing class in college and having to cram my poor feet into size 12 shoes and being totally miserable. I really wanted to pick it up again and start going down to the local climbing wall at the metropark a few years ago, but pandemic plus a switch to a way more sedentary job has me scaling back my ambitions. It was barely all I could do to finish a 40 mile bike tour a few weeks ago, which is only about double what I used to ride every day into work. I really gotta figure my poo poo out and get active again, what I'm doing now isn't at all sustainable for my health or my happiness :(

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

New watch, it's a redial Raketa Big Zero and I'm extremely pleased with it.
https://i.imgur.com/tIDeXzE.gifv

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

foutre posted:

For content, I got some size 14 climbing shoes:

Turns out almost every big manufacturer tops out at 12 or 13 - especially in more aggressive shoes - but this company in Mexico makes them to order up to size 20 for a very similar price.

This company also has the wildest "about us" section, which includes a ~8 year hiatus after 3 of their founders died in unrelated accidents (one while free soloing a cliff face, another swept out to sea after climbing by a beach in ireland). I guess that's the danger of having some extremely outdoorsy folks found a company??

Link? I also wear size 14.

Also lol, I have 4 basses, a trombone, and thousands of dollars of synths, and I'm not great at any if it. I don't completely suck and I do enjoy messing with them though, which is why I keep getting more

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
A gaming device

A game

Another game

Space for more games

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

evobatman posted:

A gaming device

Where did you acquire and did you pay more than msrp? I'm still looking for one but don't wanna pay $800+ for it.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Night Danger Moose posted:

Where did you acquire and did you pay more than msrp? I'm still looking for one but don't wanna pay $800+ for it.

I'm in Norway, and I followed a big box retailer on Instagram to know when they had stock. Used to be that you had to register for just a chance to buy, but this time I could just straight purchase it four hours after they posted.

If you're in the US, look for stock tracker twitter accounts that can alert you, otherwise look at electronics retailers to see what kind of system they have for queueing. I was signed up to pretty much all of them, and eventually I got lucky enough to spend my money on more consumer stuff I don't need.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Night Danger Moose posted:

I think the easiest drops are still Sony, Target and Best Buy. Basically subbing to a Discord or Twitter man that tracks them then be ready on a moment’s notice with an updated account to drop in. It’s how I got mine on the first try, my brother on his third and my friend on his second, all within a month of attempting.

I also had a friend that had this work the first try. Just sucks it requires driving and maybe looking weird to a stranger. He was just like “yeah it said online you had an extra that wasn’t picked up” and the guy was all “wow yeah here you go.”

quote:

Firstly, you’ll need to download and log in to the Best Buy app. Sign up if you don’t already have an account.

Search for the PS5 or PS5 Digital Edition on the app.

Next, at the top of the search page, there will be a toggle that says ‘In stock at (local store)’. Toggle this on and off.

If the PS5 console appears when the toggle is switched on, that particular store could have PS5s to sell.

If the PS5 doesn’t appear with the toggle on, change the location and try the trick with another local Best Buy store.

Then, you’ll have to head to the Best Buy store that may have the PS5 and ask customer service if they have it.

You’ll need to use the SKU 6426149 for the PS5 or 6430161 for the PS5 Digital.

If they report it is out of stock, you can also try asking the store manager. Always make sure to ask politely

It sucks it’s more work than it should be but it’s not impossible with a little dumbness.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I am 100% going to shame people on their second or third PS5 when the supply chain is so messed up. Greedy bastards :colbert:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
For clarification if you mean me, that’s the amount of attempts before getting their one, not their 2nd-3rd system purchased.

Rolo has a new favorite as of 19:13 on May 18, 2022

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Rolo posted:

For clarification if you mean me, that’s the amount of attempts before getting their one, not their 2nd-3rd system purchased.

ahh I'm northern and in my cadence that read as your brother has three and your friend two :)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I subscribed to Kansan Uutiset (People's News), Kansan Tahto (People's Will), Tiedonantaja (Informant... a bit unfortunate in hind-sight, but it literally translates to "Knowledge-giver"), and Le Monde Diplomatique & Novaja Gazeta.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

OniPanda posted:

Link? I also wear size 14.

Also lol, I have 4 basses, a trombone, and thousands of dollars of synths, and I'm not great at any if it. I don't completely suck and I do enjoy messing with them though, which is why I keep getting more

https://acopaoutdoors.com/collections/frontpage I got the Gamas, since I mostly do indoor bouldering, but I've heard good things about a lot of their older shoes too! I just sent them an email asking what shoes they'd recommend and they were very responsive. The only thing is it did take about a month and a half to get them, since they had to actually make them at their factory. But they did also make pairs a half size up or down in case those were better for me, and offered to cover returns/replacement shipping so that I could try those as well. So service overall v good, just a bit slower than the big brands.

OSU_Matthew posted:

That's wild you found sasquatch climbing shoes! I remember taking a climbing class in college and having to cram my poor feet into size 12 shoes and being totally miserable. I really wanted to pick it up again and start going down to the local climbing wall at the metropark a few years ago, but pandemic plus a switch to a way more sedentary job has me scaling back my ambitions. It was barely all I could do to finish a 40 mile bike tour a few weeks ago, which is only about double what I used to ride every day into work. I really gotta figure my poo poo out and get active again, what I'm doing now isn't at all sustainable for my health or my happiness :(

I would recommend just trying it, I started less than a year ago and it's pretty accessible regardless of the level you're starting out at. For me at least this is definitely my favorite non-sports exercise thing I've tried by a lot. A lot of my motivation to workout or whatever is just to be healthier, but climbing is v fun just in and of itself. It also helped me stick with working out more, to try and prevent injuries and get better at climbing (i.e., being able to do a pull-up to get past this tough point on a route or what have you). If you're able just go try it and see imo!

For big feet, La Sportiva Tarantulace is also a good option, and takes a lot less time to get than the ones I posted, but they also usually have rentals up to pretty big sizes.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Bought a very nice hammock used. It came without the straps and rainfly, but I already have those.

Hennessy Explorer XL

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That would be a cool looking hammock for me to hurt myself on if I ever had to set up and use it.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 minutes!

Pondex posted:

Bought a very nice hammock used. It came without the straps and rainfly, but I already have those.

Hennessy Explorer XL

Hennessy Hammcocks X Hennessy Cognac collab when???

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I’ve purchased 15 ps5s and sold them all at cost to friends and acquaintances that weren’t tech savvy enough to get them on their own.

gently caress scalpers.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

ArmZ posted:

The next cool sunny weekend afternoon that happens by.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I’ve purchased 15 ps5s and sold them all at cost to friends and acquaintances that weren’t tech savvy enough to get them on their own.

gently caress scalpers.

Hi I’m your friend

Been on the official Sony queue for like a year lol

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Sand blaster, tried to find a used one of better quality but no luck so forced to buy new.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

ArmZ posted:

Anytime you wanna hit the liquor-store baybeee

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Got me a kitchen nerdery device so I can use my phone less while cooking: https://www.thermoworks.com/timestick-trio/

Now figuring out it may be able to help with my ADHD.

Also, the Thermapen Mk IV is clearance the new hotness is the one-second Thermapen One, so I got an also-on-clearance silicone case for my Thermapen Old-and-Busted™ that glows in the dark and features a magnet plus a lanyard.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My ThermoWorks Chef Alarm's replacement probe decided to go haywire during my pork butt smoking session (kept reading HHH°F after it got past 160°F) so now I'm debating if I need their BBQ-centric systems.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
It's all good you guys. After a year I can confirm that the PS5 still has no games

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

KingSlime posted:

It's all good you guys. After a year I can confirm that the PS5 still has no games

What aboot Horizon?

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

MA-Horus posted:

What aboot Horizon?

Both friends that have played it complained that the story was pretty mediocre and the characters were very one dimensional.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MA-Horus posted:

What aboot Horizon?
It's my game of the year, although I think I'm in the minority when it comes to that and I haven't played Elden Ring, which most people have said is their GotY.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Rageaholic posted:

It's my game of the year, although I think I'm in the minority when it comes to that and I haven't played Elden Ring, which most people have said is their GotY.

Yep, I dropped Horizon 2 a week later when Elden Ring came out and I've been playing that ever since. Just like I did in the middle of Horizon 1 when Breath of the Wild came out.

Poor Horizon.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Both friends that have played it complained that the story was pretty mediocre and the characters were very one dimensional.

They must have been feeling generous.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

McCracAttack posted:

Yep, I dropped Horizon 2 a week later when Elden Ring came out and I've been playing that ever since. Just like I did in the middle of Horizon 1 when Breath of the Wild came out.

Poor Horizon.

Poor you thinking Horizon 2 was worth trying having had experienced Horizon 1. That's very sad. I am so sorry. Be better.

edit: Oh this isn't the gbs game thread. Oh well.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 06:34 on May 20, 2022

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

No.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Coin of Theodora – the wife of Constantius I Chloris..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

KingSlime posted:

The Knights of the Old Republic remake comes out sometime next year and its supposed to be a ps5 exclusive. Thats all i care about.