Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I got a brutal stomach bug and wasn't watching the game and god drat am I annoyed I missed that Calgary-Edmonton game, this is gonna be a fun fuckin second round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The Dirty Burger posted:

Menno, you need to finally admit to yourself that Matthew Tkachuk owns, such a great pest that his own father hates him

https://twitter.com/seangentille/status/1527146051408257024?s=21&t=c9W07HvUCfeLleXHLxcIcQ

What the gently caress happened to Keith Tkachuk.... he's only 50 years old!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

2018, Golden Knights vs Kings 1st round: 10 goals in the series
2013 Bruins vs Penguins conference finals: 14 goals in the series
2022 Oilers Vs Flames: 15 goals in 1 game

That game is tied for 5th highest scoring playoff game. the 1st and 3rd highest at 18 and 16 also involved the Oilers. Game tied for third at 16 also involved the Flames. It was the Oilers 4th, and the Flames 3rd 15+ point playoff game.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 19, 2022

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Another Bill posted:

A lot of this.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Another Bill posted:

have you seen his sons?

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Walt was fat his last couple of years when he was playing, hell I remember this image making the rounds:

Powershift posted:

2022 Oilers Vs Flames: 15 goals in 1 game

The Flames scored 8 goals on 47 shots on Smith/Koskinen in 1 game.

The Flames scored 8 goals on 180 shots vs Oettinger in 5 games.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
They didn't use to call him Tkachunk for no reason. Man likes to eat

efb but yeah

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Misanthrope posted:

Walt was fat his last couple of years when he was playing, hell I remember this image making the rounds:

From 2004 to, like, 2007 the CBC had an editorial cartoon on its hockey page, and I remember one of them with the title "Keith Tkachuk's ribs still tender" and then the picture was him digging into a bucket of ribs and saying "and tangy."

e: the wayback machine comes through

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Tkachuk wasn't in the best shape by the end of his career and it's been over a decade since he retired. Not surprised he put on some lbs

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Put on some pounds, dude swallowed a blimp

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Hand Knit posted:

From 2004 to, like, 2007 the CBC had an editorial cartoon on its hockey page, and I remember one of them with the title "Keith Tkachuk's ribs still tender" and then the picture was him digging into a bucket of ribs and saying "and tangy."

e: the wayback machine comes through

That really should be a Blues fans avatar.

If a Blues fan doesn't do it I may or may not eventually snipe one of you with it

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

If anyone was wondering where they could get the Kakko hat that the kid behind the rangers bench was wearing, it's this one: https://blueshirtsbreakaway.bigcartel.com/product/script-snapback

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
With Sammy Blais back on the ice, there's a possibility that the Rangers end up with roughly this forward lineup later in this series:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Vatrano
Panarin-Strome-Copp
Lafreniere-Chytil-Kakko
Motte-Goodrow-Blais

This displaces a fourth line of Rooney, Reaves, and McKegg who are, statistically, the three worst players in the NHL to play in more than half of their team's games this season.

https://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?r...e=0&pageSize=50

They'll hopefully continue to have the second-worst defenseman by the same metric (Nemeth) in the press box.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Zodijackylite posted:

With Sammy Blais back on the ice, there's a possibility that the Rangers end up with roughly this forward lineup later in this series:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Vatrano
Panarin-Strome-Copp
Lafreniere-Chytil-Kakko
Motte-Goodrow-Blais

This displaces a fourth line of Rooney, Reaves, and McKegg who are, statistically, the three worst players in the NHL to play in more than half of their team's games this season.

https://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?r...e=0&pageSize=50

They'll hopefully continue to have the second-worst defenseman by the same metric (Nemeth) in the press box.

Lol those 3 in a row at the top (bottom?) of that list. Amazing.

And yes that would be such an upgraded 4th line. They can still throw dumb hits and scrum and poo poo but actually also play hockey. I know RAS keeps going on about it but Motte is great and it’s such a relief having a guy with an actual shot on that line.

I think Braun has taken Nemeth’s job. Might be wishful thinking but he checks a lot of the same boxes but isn’t a total waste of space. Fingers crossed.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Glambags posted:

If anyone was wondering where they could get the Kakko hat that the kid behind the rangers bench was wearing, it's this one: https://blueshirtsbreakaway.bigcartel.com/product/script-snapback

It sucks how underwhelming he’s been since he came in the league, Kaapo Kakko is an all-time name and it needs to be heard more often

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

The Dirty Burger posted:

It sucks how underwhelming he’s been since he came in the league, Kaapo Kakko is an all-time name and it needs to be heard more often

He hasn't really been underwhelming just hurt a lot. He and Lafreniere are rounding the corner.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Rip Cats.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Florida sucks, Alberta is better.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/nhl/status/1527467637785100308?s=21&t=QTD-WI4_c4_1smpVhgTsrQ

What the hell were those 2 defensemen thinking here

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

This guy scored

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Battle of Florida, 2 thumbs down right now from me

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jagged Jim posted:

This guy scored

:negative:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Tampa is boringly effective. They need to try panicking or making turnovers or somethin.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Ginette Reno posted:

Tampa is boringly effective. They need to try panicking or making turnovers or somethin.

it rocks that two of the highest scoring teams in the league arent scoring any goals

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
David Perron is a beast, I was curious why, because I remembered he sucked so much for Pittsburgh. Turns out his two years there were during the Mike Johnston era lol

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Colorado was outright lackadaisical tonight. Hopefully this game is a wake-up call for them or else they are out in Round 2 again.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

The Dirty Burger posted:

David Perron is a beast, I was curious why, because I remembered he sucked so much for Pittsburgh. Turns out his two years there were during the Mike Johnston era lol

Mike Johnston was so bad that even Sidney Crosby was having trouble scoring under him until he got fired.

Pens traded Perron for Hagelin which ended up working out pretty well though

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Robert Thomas and Jordan Kyrou looked great tonight, good sign going forward

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

I love when opposing fans get mad at their players for not pressuring kucherov on the boards when….this is what happens when you pressure kucherov on the boards.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I'm so pissed I can't watch my game tonight because I'll be on my last of 3 flights. Go Canes, win #2 tonight!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

The Dirty Burger posted:

Yeah I hated Perron when he was in Pittsburgh but it turned out that was all Johnston. Perron is basically a righthanded Chris Kunitz. He does everything really well except shoot. His instincts are phenomenal. One of the best players in the league off the puck, he always materializes in exactly the right spot a half-second ahead of everyone else.

This is not news to anyone here but holy poo poo Ryan O'Reilly is so loving good. We talked a couple days ago about Bergeron's run of Selkes/Selke nominations but he's been winning them off rep lately, O'Reilly passed him as the best defensive forward in the league years ago IMO.

Anyway the Blues are gonna beat the Avalanche and clear the way for the loving Lightning to cruise to another Cup.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 20, 2022

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am not really sure how they use stats for this, but I have read Bergeron is having the best season he's ever had defensively.

If anyone disagrees with this statement, please know that I refuse to understand advanced statistics.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah I should apologize, when I blithely said Bergeron is winning Selkes off rep I don't mean he's not actually still an extremely elite defensive forward, he definitely is. I'm happy to peruse any advanced stats that say otherwise but I think O'Reilly is even better.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Maybe some years, but this year Bergeron was the best defensive forward by any metric you want to use (including "the eye test") and it wasn't really even close

https://theathletic.com/3249353/202...e-selke-trophy/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Here's one you can read without paying NYT:
https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1526575020373381120

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Bergeron was also money in the face off circle. Also he reigned in Marchand (mostly). After all the best defense is not to offend.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Hopefully the Battle of Alberta will continue to provide great stupidity for the rest of Round 2

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/MollieeWalkerr/status/1527682294709948416

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

gently caress this do stupid poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Coaching ruins hockey, just go out there and play risky as gently caress because it's an entertainment product and we want to have fun.