Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Arquinsiel posted:

The main difference is the Ghost actually has a fuckton of cargo space in it that you actually see as a big empty room with a gantry in it, whereas the Falcon's "main hold" is the room with the Dejarik table, which is pretty small. The Ghost also has at least three different deck levels to it, even if they're kind of wonkily spaced out.

Whoever came up with the retcon of the YT-1300 being a container pushtug was a genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I can see getting the impression that the Ghost is smaller from how its cockpit window is proportionately so much larger compared to the overall ship from how it's two decks tall and the lower part is just a big bubble window for the gunner. Also the Millennium Falcon's rooms tend to feel much larger because they're sets with a wall missing to make for more convenient camera positioning, while the Ghost has more rooms modeled in total, but a lot of them seem smaller or more cramped than the Falcon's main hangout room. Because it's easier and cheaper to model new rooms in CG than it is to build sets, but the way Rebels was made, rooms would be modeled as they're needed over the course of the show, but it seems like they wanted to minimize the size of the rooms to be able to finish it sooner.

With both ships there's still presumably a lot that hasn't been seen. There's been a number of official Millennium Falcon floorplans that add in a bunch more cargo bays filling out the rest of the shape of the saucer, which I think might give it like two semi's worth of internal cargo volume, which is the least you could ask for on something the size of a house. There's also supposedly an extra room for crew bunks, escape pods, and a toilet. The Ghost we see a dedicated cargo bay for, but presumably there's more cargo space in the space unaccounted for in the ship. The cargo bay seen on the show might be more of a staging area or just an loading and unloading room. There also doesn't seem to be an engine room in the course of the show, so either it's somewhere and wasn't depicted or the engines can't be serviced internally (which possibly could be the case since Chopper's there to be able to go out on the hull).

The Ghost also actually gets depicted carrying stuff externally with some magnet clamps on the underside, which is probably less mechanical advantage and less external capacity, but at least it happens.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Pfft, totally unrealistic, there's no Time-Travel in Star Wars except sometimes.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

BooDooBoo posted:

Pfft, totally unrealistic, there's no Time-Travel in Star Wars except sometimes.

What do you mean? All those characters could have conceivably existed at the same time just before ANH.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

Hazo posted:

What do you mean? All those characters could have conceivably existed at the same time just before ANH.

Cassian Andor died before immediately before ANH, Din didn't get Beskar armor until 9 years after ROTJ.

Impossible picture!

BooDooBoo fucked around with this message at 09:07 on May 19, 2022

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

BooDooBoo posted:

Cassian Andor died before immediately before ANH, Din didn't get Beskar armor until 9 years after ROTJ.

I thought Mando Season 1 was set 5 years after ROTJ

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BooDooBoo posted:

Time travel and the multiverse is absolutely coming to Star Wars. The concept is way too popular in Marvel for Disney not to try and copy it here. Get ready for team ups and mash ups that’ll make your head spin.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

Dave Syndrome posted:

I thought Mando Season 1 was set 5 years after ROTJ

You're right, 5 years after ROTJ, 9 years after ANH.

I got my timeline mixed up, and will accept my punishment, which is this tuna sandwich.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

Time travel and the multiverse is absolutely coming to Star Wars. The concept is way too popular in Marvel for Disney not to try and copy it here. Get ready for team ups and mash ups that’ll make your head spin.

Time Travel has appeared in non-canon places, usually to do with The Force shenanigans or broken space ships.

I'd rather they didn't introduce Time Travel, but I'm OK with alternate dimensions, let me see Spy-Vs-Spy but with White and Black Darth Vaders coward DIsney!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Into the Muti-force of madness. Where Jedi Binks defeats Darth Plaguis the Not So Wise.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 13:33 on May 19, 2022

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

BooDooBoo posted:

Impossible picture!

Agh you're right, the armor makes it impossible.

However I want to point out that I was technically correct-- the characters all existed at the same time :buddy:

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Bunch of normies in itt who never heard of flow-walking

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

Animal Friend posted:

Bunch of normies in itt who never heard of flow-walking

I covered that with "Force shenanigans".

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

BooDooBoo posted:

Time Travel has appeared in non-canon places, usually to do with The Force shenanigans or broken space ships.

I'd rather they didn't introduce Time Travel, but I'm OK with alternate dimensions, let me see Spy-Vs-Spy but with White and Black Darth Vaders coward DIsney!
Too late, it happened in Rebels.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The World Between Worlds rules but like all time travel plots in sci fi should be used sparingly.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Visually it's cool as hell, but it makes no sense at all even by time travel plot standards.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Cmon Disney “Bill and Ted: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…”

Have Darth Maul just ripping the poo poo out of a sports store in the San Dimas mall

Max Rebo as Beethoven
Solo as Billy the Kid
Ashoka as Joan of arc
Yoda as Socrates
Obiwan as Freud
Not sure about Lincoln, Senator Organa?

Palpatine Napoleon “Ziggy Piggy! Ziggy Piggy!!”

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 19, 2022

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

a sexual elk posted:

Cmon Disney “Bill and Ted: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…”

Have Darth Maul just ripping the poo poo out of a sports store in the San Dimas mall

Max Rebo as Beethoven
Solo as Billy the Kid
Ashoka as Joan of arc
Yoda as Socrates
Obiwan as Freud
Not sure about Lincoln, Senator Organa?

Palpatine Napoleon

And Jar Jar Binks as Abraham Lincoln.
"Foosa scoor and sevin minutes ago. Wesa, yous forethafathers, were broota forth upon a mucha excellent adventure, conceived by our new palos Bill and Tedi. Deesa duey bombad genklemens dedicated to a proposition, which was true in timen just as it's trutha today: 'be bombad to each other and Party on dudas!!!'"

With Gonky as the Jock
"Gonk gonk gonkgonk gonk"

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
"Umm.... Dan Tooine High School Podracing rules!"

(Thunderous applause)

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I wound up looking at a lot of pictures of customized X-Wing miniatures, and I wanna post some of them.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lmao there's no way there aren't at least 3 corporate boards and a full-on third party marketing firm working overtime to figure out how to make this bullshit happen

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

SlothfulCobra posted:

I wound up looking at a lot of pictures of customized X-Wing miniatures, and I wanna post some of them.

Man this reminds me of that brief time in the 90s when the Action Fleet series (objectively the best Star Wars toys) released a bunch of alternate painted starfighter models, like a blue Y-Wing and a Green Squadron A-Wing

poo poo kicked fuckin rear end

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

SlothfulCobra posted:

[posts absolutely no pictures of X-Wings at all]

What the hell

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Hazo posted:

Man this reminds me of that brief time in the 90s when the Action Fleet series (objectively the best Star Wars toys) released a bunch of alternate painted starfighter models, like a blue Y-Wing and a Green Squadron A-Wing

:hmmyes:

I vaguely remember people talking about painting their toys in the Action Fleet colours back when I played X-Wing.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

Arquinsiel posted:

I vaguely remember people talking about painting their toys in the Action Fleet colours back when I played X-Wing.

I enjoy painting toys, so might take a look at these X-wing toys.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Hazo posted:

YES

I still picture green as the default A-Wing colour

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

mind the walrus posted:

Lmao there's no way there aren't at least 3 corporate boards and a full-on third party marketing firm working overtime to figure out how to make this bullshit happen

I am extremely surprised Din isn't holding the dark saber in that photo. Someone must have exercised some small amount of restraint.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Hazo posted:

I have that blue Y-wing packed away somewhere.

A friend of mine had one that IIRC had a semi-rare color defect and it came out green instead of blue.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sombrerotron posted:

[posts absolutely no pictures of X-Wings at all]

What the hell

Extensively customized X-wing miniatures.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

BooDooBoo posted:

I enjoy painting toys, so might take a look at these X-wing toys.

You're making me want to buy more toys to paint them. I already have too many things to paint!

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

Arquinsiel posted:

You're making me want to buy more toys to paint them. I already have too many things to paint!

It's a terrible thing that they take paint so well, no real problems with paint rub if you're careful!

The actual Black Series does annoyingly tend to miss paint details and parts you'd think should be in there.

I had to add a few things to get Tech looking right, Why would they leave his goggles and Datapad out? The painting was easy though.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/JR_Bartok/status/1527757655137484800
https://twitter.com/JR_Bartok/status/1527365804014338048

https://twitter.com/pabl0hidalgo/status/1527437799426646016

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 20, 2022

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

is that the loving Ricky Bobby jumpsuit

edit: holy poo poo lmao

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Extensively customized X-wing miniatures.

The game is called X-Wing, which does make for more complicated keyword searches. There's also Armada, but it's a mostly dead game that I saw a lot less stuff made for. Except this weirdo's stuff.

Here are some of the fancier custom models more complicated than just repainting.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Somehow you again managed not to post a single X-Wing (I'm not counting the TIE striker mashup)

(realtalk those are all pretty sick)

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Armada is legit the only way to get an accurate and good, sometimes any, model of tons of important ships that you’d think would have had some kind of model over the last 40 years that isn’t an off model 1 centimeter long micro-machine. If you want something of any of the Rebel Fleet from RotJ you pretty much have to get it from Armada.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

SlothfulCobra posted:

The game is called X-Wing, which does make for more complicated keyword searches. There's also Armada, but it's a mostly dead game that I saw a lot less stuff made for. Except this weirdo's stuff.

no ship balls 0/10 texases

Is X-Wing a good game currently? We paint minis and p sure there are two starter sets in the closet, cuz I married a kindred soul who buys games to never play. I want to paint space ships now.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 10:36 on May 21, 2022

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's okay. There are some mixed feelings about it right now because the game recently switched companies and changed a lot of rules, but it's still one of the top miniatures games out there that you've probably got better odds of finding other people who play in your area.

Maybe not the most practical or cost-effective thing to get into if what you mainly want to do is paint the miniatures, since the miniatures come pre-painted so you have to deal with the paint already on the miniatures as well. There might be other games that you can get in for cheaper if you ask around the Traditional Games subforum. There's also people who sell custom unpainted 3D-printed miniatures, but part of the expense of the game is that you often have to buy more models to get the right cards for what you want to play (like there are some upgrades or crew members that only come with certain ships) which also leads to a lot of people with extra ships they might want to sell, so you could get into it cheaper that way.

Hazo posted:

Somehow you again managed not to post a single X-Wing (I'm not counting the TIE striker mashup)

(realtalk those are all pretty sick)

Honestly that was probably made with a Z-95 anyways. People normally seem to like getting wilder with painting and customizing bigger ships with wide, flat planes to paint, and the X-Wings of the X-Wing Miniatures Game are pretty tiny and fragile compared to the other things.

But also

https://i.imgur.com/ZCJPtKC.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017